Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning MHH Land!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

We will leave about 8 to go see Aunt Imogene. Have to stop by and get her some Cracker Jacks and some depends.

Today our weather is to be like 50s yet and then stop dropping and be cold this week.

Yesterday I cleaned in front room/dining room and bar. Mom and I ran to Dollar Tree and I just a bag at Goodwill and then I brought Subway pizza home.

Allen cleaned a drawer out.

I need to get a few things printed out.

Guess we will go by grocery store and get a few things after seeing aunt Im.

Suppose I better move along.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!

We've got a good cover of snow on the ground now :)

I let DD8's teacher know about the comments she was getting and got a message back saying she would tell DD8 she could tell her if anything was going on and assuring me she was in good hands at school. We'll see how it goes. She's repeated the comments a few times and came out with another inappropriate comment yesterday, so it makes me wonder.

I ordered a new Christmas tree...should arrive Wednesday. Hoping it's nice. I hate getting it sight unseen online, but the local store only had ones set up that were $600+ which is a bit (a lot) over budget for me. There was one affordable one that was 6 feet tall, but the kids were against it saying it was too small...so I guess that old quote about all trees being 30 feet tall in the eyes of children doesn't apply to mine. :(

Hope everyone has a great day....really starting to look like Christmas out there.....only 45 days to go afterall!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lana,FS, and all who follow!

It's warmed up a bit here into the low 40s. Yesterday's high was 35*. The snow that fell on Friday has quickly gone away. I don't think snow is in the forecast for the rest of the week, but it is to be bitterly cold.

It's been a busy few days. It doesn't look like there will be much let up in the week ahead. Yesterday we went to State College to visit H for his birthday. We took him to lunch. Then we did some shopping. I finally got a new coat...casual parka for times when I don't want to wear a dress coat at Kohl's. I picked up some basic tees too. M got an outfit, too. We also went to Sam's. That place was packed. It was the special buys day. We stopped for pizza on the way home. I've been working on laundry and cleaning in between. M is at religious ed now, then we'll pick her up and go to late mass because she has the rite of blessing for Confirmation today. Then I'm going to stop at the local craft show and check things out, stop at the grocery and be home until it's time for dance. Tomorrow is no school, but dance is still on.

FS...I'm sure your tree will be lovely!
    Lana...have a good day!

peace and blessings~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good Morning Lana, FS, all to come.
    I am just about ready to head out the door to Church and teach Sunday school. This afternoon DH and I will put the headboard back on our bed. It has been in storage and I decided it needs to go back. I hope to bring up a piece of furniture from downstairs too. If I make changes in baby steps I tend to get better cooperation from DH. His complaint is I always “add on”. I see it as I got help let’s get it done. I need to catch up with my filing and clean my office before it gets worse. A good half hour should do it.

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH Family!

Please say a prayer for MJ. She now has what I had last weekend. It was not fun, so I know what she is going thru. And I believe it is harder on her body than it was on mine. I may feel like I am 90, but she is 90! She does pretty well for the most part.

Church this a.m. I am in the process of getting dressed. Could not decide on a skirt (long) or slacks. Slacks it is. To be nice today, but watch out! Getting the white crap tomorrow and plunging temps. I am definitely NOT loving that.

Guess I should finish getting dressed. Need to find something for breakfast. Still have not been to grocery store. Need to lay in supplies for Thanksgiving. I have set back money for that, as well as Jennifer's b/d (already did Jay's) and my car roters.

Have a great day in the Lord! Stay safe and be blessed! TTYL

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

The sleepovers went good! DH brought in the huge TV and put it in Eli's room. I heard the whoa's from downstairs. haha The girls and us played Monopoly after dinner and then I headed up to the bath and bed while DH stayed downstairs and continued to play Phase 10 with them. I had to enforce bedtime for the boys and I checked in on the girls, they were laying in their beds talking about high school. :) I may have eavesdropped just a tiny bit before going in the door. I'm going to make muffins for breakfast and then we are heading to meet their parents at the beach. DH is off to work for half a day and he may meet us out there depending if we're still there or getting ready to leave or not. I don't want to be out there all day. I really need to work on my task today.

No school tomorrow for Veterans Day here but I would still like to prepare like there is. DS went to the movie with friends last night, was glad he got out of the house with other people. They saw Zombieland. Hoping he will do that more often.

Lana- Sounds like you did a lot yesterday, knocking things off that to-do list.
    FS- Hope your new tree is fabulous!
    Lisa- You've been quite busy. Glad you were able to see H and he's feeling better.
    Jody- I hope you get done what you want to today!
    Pam- Sending healing thoughts to MJ!

Enjoy your day!

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning! We're at 55 degrees, heading up to 77. The bedroom is also 55 deg, because I left the window open all night. Brrr.

Dh rented the new "Lion King" last night, and the dgkids watched with us. I bet he ends up buying it - we all loved it. We had celebratory cake - dgs was moved up a level at swim.

Dgd starts up her private gymnastics lessons (3 hours long) today - she hasn't had a private since school started and we see that her progress has slowed significantly. Several girls from the gym have moved or are moving to other gyms, upset that their scores are so low and blaming the coaches. Too bad, but that's what happens when the girls play around instead of working.

Dh & I will head to church in a while. Dsil has a pinched nerve in his neck so he stayed home from work - I wonder if he's planning on fixing dinner. If not, we will have taco salad.

Have a nice day!

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all.not to bad out really sunny. worked 6 hours today. going to clean my room in a little while and wash a load of clothes. have a few things to wrap also. enjoy your sunday

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Everyone here is up and dressed. We had a tiny bit of snow last night. Just a little in the corners of the yard.

I have a list of things to get done today. Count down to surgery. I will call tonight to find out what time. Hopefully not real early in the morning.

FrostyShimmer, It might be a good time to talk with your daughter about why what these boys said is inappropriate. It’s never too early to prepare our kids to understand why they should not tolerate any sexual harassment. You could also have her cut up a banana if she eats it at school. I worry those boys will target her since they have started.

11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

So nice out! To be near 60 they are saying now!

We went to see Aunt Im and took her Cracker Jacks, ran by grocery store, I stopped at Subway and got sandwiches for Allen, Jaymee and I while he ran to Krogers for a green pepper (other stores weren't greatest) and I wanted some ground turkey but none to be found. Jaymee had called while we were at Aunt Ims and asked if we had an onion for soup so thought Id take her lunch. She said shed get noodles at Dollar General but got her some.

I am going to change hoodies and go out. Need to clean inside but to nice not to be out doing something.

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! got up late and just took our time. I've been emptying more boxes of Christmas decor. Have had it with some of the small lights, so this afternoon I will order more fairy lights to put on top of bay window - they work well, not as bright but it does the job and so much simpler to hang.
    Nephew was to bring back twin beds this afternoon but instead all the boys are going to a hockey game. Not sure I have twin bedsheets anymore, I will order some.
    Been snowing all morning - it is white everywhere.
    Has more stomaches this morning but seem ok now
    While dh is gone I will try to finish Christmas village.
    Wanted to put up the Christmas tree tomorrow but seems we are going to see dd to help her with the buying of a used car.. so there goes my day (2 hours to get there). So Christmas tree will go up next week, the rest will be done so that's that.
    I need a baking day and 1 day to shop and a few wrapping days... should be able to do that from here to Christmas.
    Just did my Christmas village but not quite satisfied, it's always crooked.. snow carpet is too thick.

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Monday morning here, Remembrance Day. Work for me but I will try to remember to pause at 11 for a minutes silence to thank all that have fought for our country.
    Should be a quiet day at work, 1 physio is on a cruise, 1 is having a medical procedure. That leaves me with one locum (if she has patients booked in) and 1 physio that will start at 1pm. I have taken a few recipe books that I borrowed from the library and I will photocopy the recipes I would like to try.
    I will also write out the work Christmas cards. Always something to do

Hope to check in at some stage,

14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Finished making ribbon pouches to put chocolate in, to attach to the gifts Imade for friends. Got the christmas throws and pillows out... I need one for dh's chair, wil add that to my list.

Just put a chicken pot pie in the oven. Received a video from nephew at the hockey game, dh & neighbor are up on the big screen tv with signs cheering the team on, so funny :D

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

We went to the beach and the kids didn't want to leave when it was time to go. All our friends were still there even though the ones said they were leaving around the time we did. They didn't. :rolleyes: Have showered and am eating lunch now. DD is full of attitude because she's pissy we left.

I have printed off my task so I can go through it and see what I need to add to it. Hopefully not too much. A nap might be in order soon. The waves were pretty good today and were tiring.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Today was good day, got a few things done but need the boss to sign off on a few things.
    Have had an earache on and off all afternoon, hope it is gone tomorrow.

I am off to bed, night all.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Yes, I guess it might be time....I just hate that I have to talk to an 8-year-old about these things. She knows the basics, where babies come from, etc. but not that kind of stuff. She seems so much like a little girl in a room of teenagers in that class. She cries for hours every day and doesn't want to go. It's hard to see her hating her life so much at an age where she should be enjoying the last bits of childhood.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

My heart goes out to you. It’s so hard to see our kids suffer. She sounds like she has a heart of gold.