Sunday November 4th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Today I need to finish 5 turkeys. Would of been alittle further along but Teigan wanted to play a toy in the dark last night so..... Also Josie kept attacking the sewing machine needle. One time she came out of nowhere and got the foot under the presser foot! Squalled but that was the end of attacks. Thankfully he is fine and walking fine and not sore to the touch!

Today might seem alittle longer with the hour change.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I've been reading posts, but by the time I would finish, I would be too sleepy to respond or post.

Dniece and DS are on the way home from Las Vegas. They should be home in the wee hours of tomorrow morning or during the day Monday, depending on how far they try to drive today.

DH and I moved some things from Mama's Crowville house to the Wisner house yesterday. Then, I met DD21 in Monroe so we could find her a dress for college graduation. We found three and bought them all. One is spring-like. We weren't sure about the length of the sleeves on another and are sure the third one will work. She'll wear them all for church, anyway, so we got the all...$110 for all three!

I noticed after I got home last night that DD's debit card had fallen from her purse behind the passenger seat, so we'll meet her in Monroe after church. It's a good thing we went by the station and filled her car up with gas before we left Monroe! Otherwise, she may not have had enough to meet us and we would have had to 90 miles, instead of 60!

Kids are beginning to tell what they want for Christmas. Yea! I looked at air fryers for DDIL yesterday while in Monroe. Do any of you have an opinion...brand you like that you've tried, etc.? I'm thinking they will be a big item on Black Friday since they've soared in popularity.

Our football team won Friday night, which means we go to the first round of the play-offs on DH's birthday. It also means a possibility of an early dismissal from school since we're a lower seed and will be playing a higher seed team. Was so hoping ball season would have ended Friday....(sigh).

Pam, you better get those teeth seen about. Hope you recover fast.
    Lana, busy day for you finishing up the turkeys.

I better finish getting ready for church...see you all later.

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. been over my daughters since wed nite house-sitting and watching her dogs. just took my halloween down . decorated my bathroom for christmas have fall and thanksgiving decor in living room and dining room. we have employee appreciation days on tues -thur at work so we get another 10% off with our reg discount plus our g card they give us so i will be shopping then. fun days

missjane likes this.
  5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Sundar Greetings, Peeps!

I feel better today. Moving around more easily. Jane, I texted my dental hygienist about my teeth. They are tightening up even as we speak. I just have to be careful not to bite on that side. I am so thankful.

Jay brought up the furniture and I love it! More space in the bedroom. But I may have to size down even more. Not enough to storag, but I don't care! Plus, Jay also brought up an end able which I needed. So my goal today is to clean off my bed and get the end table in place. I just can not lift more than 5 lbs.

Didn't go to church today. Can't drive me car yet. I have a busy week ahead and MUST get started on Jennifer's table runner. I think I have a ton of Christmas fabric to choose from. That's why I haven't done anything yet. I had trouble making up my mind what to do. Lol!

Better get busy on clearing my bed where to put everything. Have a blessed day!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    luludou likes this.
  6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and cool. Actually a great day for the marathon runners.

Daylight savings really messed up Buffy who woke up at 6:15 thinking it was 7:15. I guess she will have to work it out over the next few days.

Put in the laundry, made breakfast and am feeling lousy again. I will rest again and make lists of all the things I want to accomplish before my hand surgery on Wednesday. Considering some of the plans we have the holiday prep season is getting shorter and shorter - and Hanukkah is early this year (Dec 3). There is a saying that Hanukkah is either early or late - it is never on time !

Pam - glad you are feeling better and are happy with your new furniture
    Faye - enjoy shopping at Cracker Barrel - I do;)
    Lana - the turkeys sound cute - can you post a picture on your blog?
    Jane - we always buy Legos for kids
    Katrina - glad you got the apology and are going ahead with drill dance
    Jess - hope you get some school work done and don't fall behind

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    Pam - glad your back seems better and that your teeth are still solid :)
    Halimer - hoping you get better soon, seems to be taking long to get back to normal.
    Faye - enjoy the shopping and the discounts
    Lana - glad the cat is ok
    Jane - glad you could find the dresses for your daughter. try to get some rest, you always seem to go no-stop.
    Katrina - great idea to continue to dance and show them what you are made of.

dd left around 10:00. She left with lots of leftovers + the groceries we had bought yesterday. DS & girlfriend left around 11:30 with the cat.

Vaccumed basement + main floor, washed 2 bathrooms, made muffins, paid bills, doing laundry. Menu-planned.

Later

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning my loves,
    Back to work Monday for me, it was cold here this morning and could have quite easily snuggled in for a while longer.
    Boss is away for 3 weeks so it will be interesting to see what the work environment is like. I know that it will be a little less stressed as boss tends to be quite reactive. Looking forward to the break.
    DD showed me a photo of the beautiful arrangement of roses that BF bought for their 6 month anniversary. He is such a gentle soul and she beams just looking at him. I am thankful that she is with him.

I am so ready to get Christmas moving, I want to wrap and decorate and bake. Do not know if I can wait for another 4 weeks or so to really start getting organised. I love November, but I love December more!!!!

luludou likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH and I ran the Gecko Gallop 5K this morning. I was up at 5 a.m. (actually earlier because I had trouble sleeping). I took a migraine pill last night but still woke up with a headache this morning. Not really what you want on run day. I powered through and didn't even notice it when I was running but it came right back once the adrenaline wore off. :( I shaved 1:10 off my time from my last one less than a month ago and improved my pace by 24 seconds or so. A good race day. We came home and I showered and DH put on his plated vest and went for a walk. He was going to do 7 miles but it started pouring so I think he turned around and is headed back. I'm laying in bed checking in here and I have my homework up here, but I think i'm going to attempt a nap. I did schoolwork yesterday and got some notes done. I realized this morning that there is another unit that I didn't realize existed so i'm not going to be where my mentor thought when we talk on Tuesday. It's okay, we thought there were only 2 units left and there are actually 3, so i'll continue working and finish up this unit (hopefully) between today and tomorrow (already finished up the first of the two.

I'm exhausted and my head hurts!

Enjoy your day!

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We now have Neato vacuums. Years ago I had a Roomba but they were having problems with the wheels. After sending the 2nd on back for the same problem we waited several years before trying the Neato. Both brands vacuum great as long as you remember to empty the dust bin after each use. If you have animals like we do, we send it off twice a week. It's surprising how much hair is dropped in just a few days. We of course blame the animals but I know our hair is on the floor too. lol We picked our Neato up when it was on sale. We do not let it run over the carpet when we are not at home or during the night.

This explains why:
    https://lifehacker.com/how-to-ensure-your-roomba-doesnt-make-a-pet-mess-worse-1825416761

MrsSoup likes this.
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I was up early but had a wonderful extra hour to rest. Love it when it Falls back. I headed out to DS's house at 9. Didn't get there until after 10. I wanted to bring chicken wings for us to cook for lunch. I think everyone in the county had the same idea. I had to try two stores before finding what I wanted.

DS chopped up the wings and put them in the oven. We cleaned his downstairs room and finished up his utility room. I left just a little after 1pm. I have enough wings for our dinner so that will be easy tonight. I think I'll make pea salad to go with them. I asked DD friend if I could come over to her house tomorrow. She wants some photos taken. I am too tired to do that today. She said great since she was watching the football game. Tomorrow she watches Dog the Bounty Hunter and it's on tomorrow until 3 so I'll go after that to take her photos.

I looked up those Tommy John underwear brand since I had not heard of them. Now I have those ads all over my computer. Nice looking guys for models at least.

Good luck on winding up the weekend and starting the new week. Just think Holidays are just around the corner!

luludou likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just as I got to work I was sick and made a mess all over myself. UGH! Don't know what is wrong but I am home, had a shower and am hoping into bed. Hopefully will feel better this afternoon.

13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I always think the Sunday we turn clocks back goes slower! I know just me. I get at regular time so ahead there.

I got turkeys all done. Getting ready to shower and will wrap them and get them ready to mail. Have to work on some bills for us, and Aunt Imogene.
    Did 2 loads of wash today, did dishes twice, clean the 2 stools, picked up and rand the sweeper. Need to get some material out for a girl at work tom. to use for your son for a turkey for school.

Work all week and Mon, Tues. and Wed. nights have plans. 3 day week-end next weekend.

Pam, glad you are feeling better.

HW2, sounds like fun shopping with the discount!

Better keep moving.

Hope to get pictures posted on blog again. First was my printer -- got new printer cant find my notes how to post pictures now and now a new computer this week.

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Katrina- Oh no! I hope it passes quickly!
    Diedra- Thanks for the info, i'll look into that brand!

I have been in bed most of the day. I took an off and on nap after my shower and my head hurt so badly. Then I came downstairs and heated up some leftover augratin potatoes for lunch. DH went to the Shoppette so I went back upstairs and took a migraine pill. He came back and came upstairs and looked at me crazy because I was in bed again. I managed to doze off for a bit and my headache is away for the moment. DH and DD went on a motorcycle ride. I came downstairs and finished up the packet for one chapter and now need to do the notes for the second chapter and then the packet for it so I can be done with this unit. I'll get it done before Tuesday though. I need to take the practice tests for the unit as well, I have been skipping those. I'm not feeling super confident about this class even though it's psychology. Guess I better get back to work now that i'm finally working!

15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello - feeling better again - which is good. Made dinner and almost finished the laundry.

Did a marathon of Outlander before the new episode which just aired. DH says it wasn't too bad.

Went through some papers and finished a small pillow. Working on a shopping list.

Katrina and Jess - feel better

luludou likes this.
  16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Another busy day not doing anything I needed to. I had started some deep cleaning when my mom called on Saturday about coming to help her, so it's still strewn all over the place. Didn't get clothes folded and put away, sweeping and mopping done, and some things taken out to the storage shed. I'm seriously thinking of taking off tomorrow. I'm already off Tuesday to work the elections. We'll see. When I get behind like this on things I want to get done, my anxiety level goes up.

Add me to those feeling a bit under the weather. I've had some light headedness and my stomach has felt a bit off. I'm wondering if it's dehydration or even exhaustion. Another reason I'm considering taking off tomorrow. We'll have to be up by 4:30 Tuesday morning to get to the polls by 5:30, so I can't stay up late Monday night cleaning. Both DH and I are working the polls.

Hope you all feel better. I'm heading to bed, but I know I won't sleep soundly until DS and DN get home...that will be around 2:00AM or 3:00AM.

Hope to do personals tomorrow...much love and hugs.