Sunday October 28th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

To be around 70 but raining alittle here and there!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Slept in this a.m.! Almost 8 when I got up. Was awake off and on. Teigan just now getting up.

I have crafting to do but if nice out will have to go outisde and so some stuff to just out.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Think I will call Frontier on the computer. I pay them for stuff on computer.

Have a GREAT day!

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Partly sunny/cloudy nd in the 50's today.

Slow day here - hope everyone slept in or is out enjoying themselves.

The dinner last night was lovely - lots of good talk. We always had dinner together with conversation as DS was growing up so it seems that has carried into adult life - which is a good thing.

The Billy Joel concert was very good. We had good seats - on the floor of the arena - and could just about pick out where Bill Joel was sitting and playing. He played all my favorite songs and had a really good encore. My best pictures are the ones I posted on FB.

Today laundry is going - camper stuff is almost done and DH put it back into the camper. About two more loads to go. I'm baking a new chocolate cake that I found on pinterest. Looked great - hope it tastes the same. Also planning on making some rolls and biscuits today as well as a beef barley soup for dinner. What ambition!

TTYL

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Last night I caught something on Eli's tablet so he's grounded from all electronics until further notice (it will be a very long time). I have put in place extreme parental controls (thought I already had but apparently not) for when he does get the tablet back and will do so on the other devices as well.

Nothing going on today. DH is off to work all day since he is filling in for the instructor that didn't bother to show up yesterday. Apparently he got married and is on his honeymoon and didn't bother to tell anyone. They have had problems with him before so I don't think he'll last much longer. The hike on base is open this weekend so I may take the kids and do that later. We also will make some Halloween sugar cookies today. I pulled some of the dough out of the freezer and put it into the fridge when I got up. Laundry will happen today and some cleaning for sure.

Lana- I slept in some this morning too! Uncharacteristic for both of us. LOL
    Debbie- Glad the concert was great, and dinner!

Enjoy your day!

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon! It is cold and wet here. We are to have wind gusts up to 30 mph!

I did not go to church today. I slept in as well. Guess I needed it. This past week was really bad.

Boy the leaves have turned gorgeous colors in just a few days. It is amazing what a wonderful artist the Lord is!

Jess, sorry about Eli. Sometimes, kids have to learn the things the hard way. It hurts us as moms, too.
    Debbie, glad you enjoyed Billy Joel. Love when he sings Piano Man.
    Lana, are you having gum with Miss T?

I need to eat something. Getting a little shaky.

6. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Yesterday was lovely, went for a walk with DD, BF and the dogs. The kids then bought lunch and came back here to prepare it. We sat outside and ate as it was lovely out there. Came in and watched a bit of the World Series, both of the kids are big Red Sox fans.
    After they went home I bathed and the DH and I cooked bacon and eggs for dinner and in bed by 9!. A lovely end to the weekend.

Work for me today, hopefully a quick and easy day. Boss will come in for a while as she is leaving on Friday for 3 weeks in Bhutan and I won't see her tomorrow as I am off. I am sure that she will have a list for me to do but I am pretty organised and will have most of it already planned.

Well, I hope that you all have an amazing Sunday, the last for October!

7. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good afternoon all!

We survived Hubby's parents visiting. I almost didn't. I about lost it this morning and last night. I asked them not to turn on the overhead light in our kitchen (it is the kind of light that gives me migraines). They turned it on!! This morning his mom got on my ever loving last nerve while I was making breakfast. Just kept getting in the way and wanting to wash dishes. I wanted to wait to do dishes after they left and get my kitchen back to the way I like it. She was having none of it. :mad:

They went outside to tinker with their camper and van and I stayed inside. I vacuumed and put away stuff. I am exhausted this afternoon. Still haven't finished my first load of laundry. We did make quite a few good decision about the upcoming family reunion and I got a bunch of addresses from his mom. That was a huge plus.

SweetPumpkinpye-- Sounds like a nice weekend.
    Pam- stay warm and dry.
    Mrs. Soup- oh, I had to do that a few times with my son. It is not fun but necessary.
    Debbie, oh that a great concert! Sounds like you are busy cooking and baking.
    Lana- have fun crafting or being outside

8. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

We finally got the Halloween sugar cookies made! The batch of dough I pulled out only made 26 cookies but that is plenty for us. I let the kids decorate them and we left some undecorated for icing later. DD is now doing her chores after I was harping on DS to clean his room and mow the yard and do his chores. I need to get Eli going on his as well. I got the island cleared off in preparation for the cookies, now to get everyone to keep it that way.

I put a load of towels in and now have a load of whites in. My mom called earlier and we had a good chat. Looks like i'll be making a doctor appointment for myself tomorrow, will try using the email system first I think. I have an infection and have tried over the counter meds and they didn't work, flared it back up actually so I need something stronger. I'll send the email today so they have it first thing in the morning and hopefully they will just put in the script and not want me to come in. It's nothing they need to see me for, girl stuff.

Pam- I so miss seeing the beautiful leaf colors.
    Hi Katrina!
    Carrie- Sorry the visit was stressful!

9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Evening! Allen went to close up town and will pick up supper at the Pub. I will have a taco salad, Jaymee a chef salad and Teigan grilled cheese with bacon and smiley fries. Allen said hed eat turkey. Ryan won't be home but if so turkey for him. I will take turkey for lunch tomorrow.

I don't know how many people have asked about renting or buying Aunt Imogenes house. Not up for either.

I am off Thursday so will have 20 minute lunches.

Today I did not go out but was nice. Wind was strong. Have a couple windows opened.

I have did kitchen towels and now my work clothes are in washer.

I got the turkeys all ironed in place, we did Teigans mummys for her class treat. Have a pumpkin to put candle in and maybe work on the mini quilt ornaments. Turkeys I will stitch the mouth and eyes and then be ready to sew them together.

Debbie, glad you enjoyed the concert.

Jess, cookies sound fun.

Carrie, sorry it was a rough weekend.

Hi Katrina

Pam, after the frost our leaves are finally getting some color on them.

Towels are buzzing they are done so will go see.

Frontier got me back--kinda. Not the way it was and my email won't let me sign on. I was just Frontier and she said they go thru yahoo so will have to mess with it.

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

DD decided to wash her hair this morning at 8:40. I told her we were scheduled to leave at 8:45. We were 20 minutes late leaving. Not really a problem this time but other times it could be. At least she was happy.

Spent some time with DS and DgrandS. DD thought all the work DS has done on his house is great. Said it looked like a million dollar house. Then we all headed to the Spirit Halloween store. DgrandS thought the place was great. He wasn't scared at all. He saw a teen who had tried on a jester costume and loved it. If we can find one his size next year DS thought it would be nice. They have animated displays. DgrandS kept asking us to push the buttons. He stood far away but laughed up a storm. Only thing I bought was black cat key chains for DD and DgrandS. DS said thanks because they had a button that lite up the eyes and made the cat meow. Just like a parent to spoil the fun. I told him that's one of the reasons he had problems with his toys working when he was little. Noisey ones always had the batteries in backwards. Worked until they got older.

Then we all went to lunch at Smashbuger. Everyone tried the french fried Brussel Sprouts. Even DD was well behaved. Then we each went off to our own homes. DS has a neighbor's family coming over for a little open house right now.

DD wants to start a new puzzle tomorrow so that's what we'll do while I do my laundry. Tonight while doing dishes I heard a loud boom (and felt it). We looked outside but didn't see anything. 20 minutes later here come the police and fire department. There were fireman walking all over the neighborhood. They saw me (was hanging out the door trying to see what was going on) and asked if we had power. Yep, no problem here. I guess a transformer had blown out putting the power out across the main street. It was odd to watch them walk around. They stayed in the middle of the street looking around at everything. One benefit, these things do is bring out the neighbors to talk to each other. Probably made plenty of people upset since there were two football games going on TV.

Wishing all a good night.

11. MrsSoup

DD made zucchini muffins. :) Saved me the trouble. DS tried a piece of zucchini since she was cutting it up. He said it was okay but didn't really have flavor. I'll try sauteing it one night and see if he likes that. I tried it as well since i've never had it fresh and it was okay. I thought it had a little flavor. I need to check my menu and see what's on the dinner plan. I don't have anything thawed out so will have to adjust as necessary. I emailed the doctor so will hope to hear back tomorrow morning. I'm really hoping she'll just put in a prescription for Diflucan or whatever it's called. I've never taken it but i've heard of it. I don't have anything on my schedule tomorrow so if she wants me to come in I can.

Diedra- All your talk of puzzles has me dying to start one. I'll put my card table in the front room I think. I almost bought one the other day at Target.
    Lana- Taco salad sounds good.