Sunday, Sunday 9.8.19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Sep 8, 2019.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Lisa and those coming!

The girls loved Disney on Ice and pictures looked cool. Teigan wanted to come stay again cuz I always stay on Saturday g'ma. We played and shot off the rest of the fireworks that we had left.

Hoping if it doesn't rain to work outside some.

Teigan wants to make chocolate chip cookies or a cake.

Allen went to put baler in the shed so if it rains. I think he is done for the year. Will lose alittle ground next year.

Teigan is paging me so I better get going. She slept till 6:45 this a.m.. Late for her.

Have a GREAT day!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Didn't make it over yesterday - did all sorts of things around the house, a very productive day. All five boxes from The Container Store are here so I unpacked them, broke down the boxes, and put them and all the packing paper in the recycle bin. Brushed down all the spiders and webs (anyone else have September is the Month of the Spiders in their area?), cleaned the car floor mats, and wiped the dog drool off the windows!

Lana - We loved Disney on Ice - went to several different ones, even took the whole Brownie troop one year. We took my parents when they came to see us in Florida. Because my Mum was legally blind, I got front row seats that year. Big mistake! Think Florida clothing + front row at an ice show = four people who shivered through the whole thing!

Running the dishwasher this morning. It's a gloomy day outside - love it! Spectacular thunder and lightening last night. A little Project Life, some December Daily videos, and a bit more organizing on the schedule today. HGP Week 2 thread is up - living room and questions.

Have a great day!

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

We played outside with the frisbee and then played the polish golf. Collected some seed off the touch me nots. Started thundering and still raining. We need it.

Getting ready to do dinner and see what the rest of the day brings.

Might run to Centralia.

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  5. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I was up early with horrible back pain. I think I sat around too much yesterday. I started doing dishes and deep cleaning in the living room and the activity made my back feel better.

I made breakfast. Now for my guys to eat it.

I am hoping to get at least 1/2 of the living room cleaned today. Then finish it over the next few days. I am finding dog hair in places that seem almost impossible. It is so gross.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I went out last night with some friends (my younger friends). We went to a low-key bar called Tchin Tchin. My friend picked it because of the cool patio but that area was closed for a private party so we had to sit inside. The inside was neat, but I pictured a bunch of older men sitting around drinking bourbon and smoking cigars. haha That's what the decor looked like to me anyway. The menu was upscale and the drinks were too. I had no idea what half of the ingredients were. We ordered a glass each of Prosecco and she got hers but I didn't get mine. Waited a bit and they brought me a quarter of a glass, they ran out. I got that for free so ordered something else that had gin and it was disgusting. I don't know what else was in it, but it was quite spicy and tasted like a fall recipe gone wrong. I wasn't wasting it for $14 so drank as much as I could. I will not go back. We decided we wanted dessert so walked a block or so away to this weird little ice cream parlor and stood in line. There was a guy sitting behind me (there was hardly any room inside this place yet people were actually sitting in there) licking his ice cream cone like a child and I could hear every.single.lick. I wanted to throat punch him. I told my friends and we all started laughing. The entire place was weird, there was creepy music playing and the guy behind the counter was pretty high we think. We left and ended up walking into Chinatown (literally one street) and that's where we didn't want to be. We got talked to by some guy trying to hit on us on the way back to the car, saw a homeless lady half dressed kneeling by her bags, saw two cop cars and an ambulance that had responded to something...it was an interesting night. We went somewhere safer after that and I had whiskey ice cream that was amazing.

It's raining here this morning so DH took the truck which leaves me without a vehicle this morning but that's fine. I have nowhere to go. I think our friends are coming over today but no idea when. I need to work on Eli's room first and then i'll work on the front room. There is a big protest here today, hundreds of cars will be driving down the highway to protest TMT on the Big Island. They will go from the east side of the island in Hawaii Kai to the west side of the island. They are supposed to start at 9 a.m. and last until noon. They are only allowed in the far right lane but it's still going to mess up traffic, how is anyone supposed to exit the highway? I won't be out in it!

Hi Lisa!
    Lana- Glad Teigan had a good time! Cookies sound good, maybe i'll do some baking today.
    Pamela- It's gloomy here as well. At least for now, not sure if it will stay that way all day.
    Carrie- Glad your back feels better with activity. Maybe just tight and needed loosening up. I hear ya on the dog hair!

Enjoy your day!

7. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

We went to early mass, then to a meeting for Confirmation students and their parents. It's going to be a lot of prep for the next 3 years. They don't do the classes in our part of town, so it involves a bit of a commute.

I am on a clear it out mission. I went through the magazine pile in the living room and threw a stack of magazines away, then did the sorter in the kitchen and threw out expired coupon flyers, then onto the den to clear out the drawer of paid bills and receipts to be burned. Then I sorted through the mum sales and contacted those who still owe me money. I want to turn it in tomorrow so I don't have to make a special trip to the studio on another evening. I also found a new happy planner at JoAnn's, so I ordered it online and will pick it up at the store on Tuesday when I am in that area for M's dental appointment. It has seasonal dividers and themes, which I love, so it's perfect. I pulled out some fall decor for outside, and took the summer items to the attic, but noticed that the front porch and siding were a mess. J hadn't gotten to cleaning the front of the house in the spring, so I asked him to clean it today....it involves hooking the pressure washer to the pump in the spring, which requires hooking up the power to the pump, and J likes it done a certain way, so.....more than I know how to do, and yes, I could learn, but he likes doing those outside projects, and it's one less thing I have to do. ;) I'll work on the inside decor next weekend. I did take apart the summer decorations in the 3 tier tray too, and put in the new items I picked up on it, but it's not quite ready yet. I got mums for the house at Aldi yesterday....3 dollars a pot, so I want to set them out.

We went to the Wine Festival last night. I tried some Cranberry Apple wine....very good. We bought a bottle, and had dinner from the food truck while listening to the band. John and I shared pork pot stickers with chili sauce, and bbq chicken street tacos with slaw, bacon, corn and tomato salsa, topped with homemade ranch. It was all very good. I ran into a mom of one of my former first graders....it was so nice to see her and hear how he son is doing. I'm sure we will go back again some time. We left early because it was cold. Our friends invited us to their house, but I figured until we got there and visited, it would be time to go home because M won't shower if we aren't here, let alone go to bed, and we had an early wake up today.

Tonight is the first Competition dance Sunday. Thankfully M is only there for an hour this year. Then her regular classes begin tomorrow night.

Now to relax and do some decorating and such.

Have a blessed day!
    ~Peace~

8. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Pamela - my daughter's room seems to be the clubhouse for spiders right now. It is ridiculous how many there are. They keep getting into her bedding and she freaks out. Last night she woke me up just after midnight to help her find a huge one that was in her bed. We tore everything apart but the little bugger was gone. She found it about 30 minutes later under her desk and I heard her call out "Found it". I am going to start sleeping with earplugs.

It is really cool here this morning, I have all the windows open for some fresh air. My bedding is in the dryer, granola is made for the week, our weekly schedule is on my phone. I have lots more to do, but am taking a tea break and will do some journalling. I have some yard work to do after lunch and I might bake something.

I have a few things to do this evening when K is home, so she can help. It is nice having a tall kid that can reach stuff.

Have a great day!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and pleasant today and for the next few days.

Well, DH and I put a dent in the food yesterday. All was good except the bread pudding which was mushy so I think l’ll toss it.
    Finished a book and did some knitting last night.

Doing laundry today - second load is in. Reorganized a shelf in the pantry (big whoop) and am trying to put all my canning tops in one place. Will try to do some stuff in the camper later. Also May start a new knitting project as it’s always good to have more than one going!

Katrina - did everything work out with DH?
    Jess - weird night!
    Lana - my DS would stay over with grandma most Saturday nights and I think it was the high point of the weekend for both of them
    Lisa - yesterday sounds like a nice day
    Mel - when I need someone tall I yell “ I need a reacher”
    Pamela - don’t like spiders either - nor do I like thunder and lightening
    Carries - don’t overdo - take time with the cleaning

Lana and happy2bme like this.
  10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Once I find a spider in my bedroom at night I keep feeling them crawling on me all night. In the fall I usually spray a bug killer outside all the window and door frames. It says it lasts 3 months. Probably something icky for all of us but it does cut down on the spiders.

I’ve pressure washed the deck this morning. Looks ok. I wasn’t going to do a scrub down. Just a spruce up. Now I’ve packed up all the Christmas candy dishes I could find and the serving plates. Trying to find some light items to go on top.

Enjoy your time.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Dd, when she was pregnant with the twins and on bed rest, had a huge spider fall on the bed from the ceiling. She shrieked while scrambling out of bed. Nearly put herself into labor. Turns out it was a dream. She laughs about it now.

My thing is cockroaches. They send me right out of the house. Dsil sprays several times a year for spiders, roaches, and scorpions. The joys of desert living.

I'm so darn short that I can't reach anything. I've shrunk from 5'3" to 5'1". So annoying. Dgkids bought me a grabber for Christmas. I even have to use it to open the blinds.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

It's a slow day here. I showered and let the piggies out to play on the floor, and that's about it. Dh napped after his shower, but he's up now. I plan to spend the rest of the day on the computer working on family histories.

Dd & family will take dgd to gymnastics. The choreographer they hired will be teaching dgd her floor & beam routines for this season. She is a past Russian Olympic gymnast, an excellent choreographer. She did dgd's routines last year.

Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Came through the storm okay. We're lucky to be some of the few who didn't lose power. I think 80% of the entire province was without power last night, and for many people it will be a few days before they get it back. All the stores around us are closed for lack of power. They've closed schools tomorrow province-wide to aid in the cleanup efforts.

I'll have to catch up reading posts later....we mostly had the computers off for fear of power surges.

108 days until Christmas :)

luludou, teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  14. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

My back is so much better. All I needed was to get up and move. I think I was in bed too long last night.

We ordered pizza. I haven't had pizza in over a year. I have been adding gluten back into my diet slowly with no issues. We will see if pizza causes me troubles. I had an almost entire lunch of probiotics yesterday. My digestive system is functions super well today.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Monday again....how does this happen?
    Work for me today, another quiet day with only one physio on, I think I might take my planner and tidy it up a bit. I hope it is at least steady or it will be a very long day.

Debbie, I apologised to DH and all is fine. There will be some difficult times ahead with dealing with his dad.
    Better run,
    speak soon

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. my laptop is still with the geek squad at Best Buy. I called yesterday and they said ready buy this morning. I called a few minutes ago and they're saying not fixed and can't get it to do what they need for it to be repaired. Asked for my Microsoft login so they can wipe it, thinking that may fix it. Just bought it last June. Urgh! And I use it daily at work. I don't understand how Microsoft can't have some liability in this since their update caused it.

Ridiculous heat here. 101 yesterday. 100 today. l looked at extended forecast. Near one hundred for next 15 days. And no rain forecast, either. I'm not motivated to do anything!

Much love....

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

My tall helper is doing another shift at Job #2, so those tasks will get done tomorrow night. I need to get the dishes washed and pack my lunch for tomorrow. I think I will read a bit before I head to bed.

Good night.

18. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I should of did dishes when we got home from Mt. Vernon but...... Allen didn't burn either since it was about 8:30. Ryan went with us and can't tell you the last time he had been with us.

I am going to turn in. Mom has to be at hospital at 7 so I will take her and leave about 6:15. Hospital about 25 minutes to the north and then I will drive about 45 minutes or just alittle less to the south west to be at work for 7:45.

Sleep tight.

19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Looks like you are all winding down after a very productive day.
    Quiet here at work, the physio is over at the community centre teaching a class. She will be back around 3pm..
    I have had my lunch and am fighting sleep. I get like this when there is not much to do.
    I have updated my planner and read through the posts here.

Hoping that you are keeping cool.
    Much love.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Thank goodness all of my spiders are outside! I think I'd have to sleep in another room if I found one in our bedroom :eek:.

Ahorsesoul likes this.