Sunday, Sunday, September 22, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Sep 22, 2019.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

It's after midnight here so that means it's Sunday! I've been AWOL for a couple of days - a crazy busy week culminated in the busiest day of the whole ten months I've been working I'm sure. Just one thing after another and they all had to be done NOW. I was mentally and physically drained when I walked in the door at home - I was supposed to go out to dinner with two of my neighbors but that was cancelled due to a medical emergency in the family of one of them. I'm sorry for the emergency, but I was so relieved to just change my clothes and collapse on the couch which is where I fell asleep and woke up about midnight!

Saturday was a crazy grocery shopping day - planning for a special birthday surprise for one of my co-workers who doesn't like birthday cake so I had to go to three stores to find the chocolate dessert cups I plan to fill with pistachio ice cream. I have been doing a lot of fishing over the last few months to find out my co-workers' cake preferences and this one said he didn't like cake, unless it's a pistachio ice cream cake. I really tried to find one but no luck so I figured this is the next best thing.

It's supposed to rain today so I am planning to do as little as possible and just relax to prepare for the week ahead.

So, good morning, MHH friends, what's on your agenda today?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Pamela and all to come.

My agenda is church and fixing dinner with Norm. I am making meatloaf made with ground turkey. It is so easy and so good. I do not know about dessert. He won't care, but that is the only time I usually fix it.

My back is some better. I appreciate the prayers. I pray that it never gets that bad again.

Already took my shower. Have my clothes picked out for church. The kitchen is cleaned up till I make my meatloaf. Hmmm, wonder if I have another loaf of French bread in the freezer. That could be our dessert. Lol. Jk. And that, my friends, is that! Hope you all have a great day. Be safe and be blessed!

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

You are so kind PamG to figure out their cake preferences.

Might be a raining day here but looks like it will stop before tomorrow. I went to feed the animals today to discover the cat food I would swear I bagged up yesterday isn't here. I'm thinking I put it in Twillow cat food container. I have the dogs food all portioned out until Tuesday in containers to take to the vet tomorrow. I'll look for it when we drop off our last remaining clothes since we moved their food to the new house.

I'm really tired but there is an end in sight. Last night we noticed the fence guy has started putting up fence posts. We will have a few days when we have to take the dogs out on a lead. And then Twillow has to wait to go outside until Oct 1 when the hidden fence guy comes. We are getting the hidden fence around the chain link one (keeps the dogs out of the flower beds I'll plant) and then three doors inside the house will have the small portable ones at the basement stairs, garage door and front door. At the old house all three door going outside are in the kitchen so we can see if a door is open (DD doesn't always shut the doors).

Have a busy day finishing up the packing and moving little things. Get a good start on the coming week by doing your menu planning. I'm putting Pams meatloaf on my menu.

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Pams and Diedra!

I am going to throw a load of clothes in washer, do the dishes and maybe work on the fall centerpiece for my table, will shower and then after lunch will go see Aunt Imogene and to Jacksons party (nephew turned 13) and the concert is tonight but not sure. It was Teigan, Jaymee, Lily (Jays best friends daughter), me, Allen and Greg but now Jaymee, Teig, Lily, Carly and her mom (Teigans friend) and 1 ticket left. I wouldn't mind going but ..... I could be doing something else and wouldn't be home till after 10:30 so not sure. Hoping Lilys mom will use it but she has a newborn (8-20) and don't think the daddy will watch it so......

Was cooler yesterday and I think I saw where it is to be this week. REALLY need rain.

Jaymees sidewalk is done in the back. It was a real small sidewalk and lots of cracks and very easy to stuble on so we had it tore out and new poured. So much wider and nicer now. Would love to do the front but it will wait.

Suppose I better get moving and take my Vit. D now that I am thinking of it.

Pam, I have a recipe for ice cream cake where you use peanuts, ice cream and such (suppose to be like DQ). BEt you could just use that flavor of ice cream and make one. Nice of you to make one for him.

Pam, did you get your sewing done for the shower. I have some stuff Ryan wants me to make for a set of his friends expecting in November.

Diedra, how exciting with all the busyness in your life! Will be so nice when done and settled. You guys are doing so good with it all.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Have a few minutes to sit to plan what's next. Dh tends to bounce around so then my thoughts get scattered too. lol DD is napping. She thought she should just go lay around at the new house while we packed here. Translation: Leave me at the new house without supervision so I can go knock on the neighbors doors.

When she left Maryland the agency said DD can be left alone up to 8 hours. I was trusting at that point. But DD doesn't remember that when she first came here I ran to the store for less than 15 minutes. DD said don't worry I'll be fine. I'll just watch TV. She must have watched until I turned the corner because when I got back she was banging on doors screaming and yelling at the people inside. It's funny now but those poor people were terrified. And if they had opened the door she would have barged right into their house. Now most of our neighbors are very understanding but we do not leave her alone for a minute. And if DD is so very adamant that she will behave you know she has an alternate plan in place.

Enjoy your day.

luludou likes this.
  6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Guests left around 10:00. Took a shower and paid bills (and transfered some $$ to dd for school), dh made muffins and he is now gone to see his uncle who got out of the hospital this week.

Yesterday we did not go meet my sis & cousin in town - dh had too much to do but they got here around 6:30 and stayed for supper . We chatted until 11:30! they slept here. was really nice to have them here - lots of laughter.

Think the day will be a slow one. Maybe laundry but not much else.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

It is going to be a beautiful, sunny day - perfect day for a birthday! Today is K's 25th birthday!! Where did the time go?

It is just after 9:00 and she is still sleeping, she deserves to, she works so hard.

I am going to putter this morning and work on getting some odds and ends done. We are heading into the city later for lunch and then we will check out the Halloween stores, we love doing this every year. K is getting some movies as gifts and I am hoping we will watch one of them this evening, but it depends on how much schoolwork she has to do.

Have a great day!

luludou, teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Dishes done, 2nd load in washer, couple cards ready to mail to TX for b'day later this week and cards ready for today. Going to shower.

Allen left about 8 or alittle after to water quail, get gas in my car and pull Aunt Ims blind up. We are maybe 2 minutes from town and it is 10:38 and no sign of him.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I didn't sleep well last night. I was up to make sure the boys went to bed on time. I told them midnight and they were still up a little after. I heard them leave the bedroom after I put them in bed, not sure what they were doing. I heard them go back in the bedroom too, but not sure if they actually went to sleep. I'll ask what they were doing this morning when they get up. I tossed and turned and then finally went to sleep and woke up at 4. Tank got up and came over to me at some point so I gave him scratches for a bit and then he went back and laid down and I dozed off for about 15-20 minutes until DH's alarm went off at 5:30. My nose and head were full and congested, so I was very happy to be getting up.

No plans for today. DH is off to work until lunchtime. Need to figure out the plan to swap kids since DD is at our friends house and we have their son. She brought him here so we should probably take him back and get DD. I'm sure she'll call this morning. I will be working on schoolwork, so much to do. I really just want to go sit at the pool again. I think I might have to ground myself this week and not leave my house except for obligations, no fun for me. :( Work before play.

Pamela- You are so sweet to go above and beyond to figure out what he likes and then to do the best you can to create something as close to the real thing.
    Pam- Glad your back is feeling a bit better.
    Diedra- That is just awful about that money in the holster. How is DH fairing with the loss? I hope it blessed someone that really needed it. Glad things are moving along. I can imagine how exhausted you all are. Take a rest now and then.
    Lana- What concert is it?
    Lucie- Glad you had a nice visit with family!
    Mel- Happy Birthday K!!

Enjoy your day!

10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Nice and sunny today - low 80's today.

Had a nice visit with DS and DDIL yesterday. Caught up on some things and made some plans. Unfortunately they will both miss the main Rosh Hashannah meal on Sunday because they have a friend's wedding, but DS will be here on Monday when DDIL goes to CA on business.

Read the paper, doing laundry and will start decluttering soon. Spoke to my "sister" for about an hour which was fun. DH's excuse for not doing anything today is that his shoulder hurts.

Next week holds several teeth appointments, PT and our last two Mets games of the season.

Pamela - do relax at night if work is tiring
    Pamela - meatloaf sounds good
    Mel - happy birthday to Kelsey! Time does fly.
    Lana - take the ticket and enjoy with the family
    Diedra - the new neighbors sound lovely
    Jess - how is DS doing?
    Lucie - glad you had a fun day

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. my daughter had ababy girl 7 pds all is well we are all so happy

12. MrsSoup

Debbie- He's doing better, thanks for asking. He had a nosebleed at work last night and had more black stuff come out. Weird. I think i'll call gastro this week and try to make him an appointment to get him checked out, see if they might scope him again to make sure he doesn't have an ulcer or bleed somewhere. Doubt they will but ya never know.

Faye- Congratulations!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

I thought I'd stop in while I have a moment. We delivered mums all over the county yesterday (and even in another county! lol), then made it home just in time to head back to the salon. The up-do looked lovely, but gee was it pricey. Then home to get ready for the dance and head back out for pics with friends. I loaded most of the pics on facebook. The house we had pictures taken at was HUGE and obnoxious and gorgeous. Then J, H and I went to grocery shop, wash the Tahoe and get dinner. M said she had a nice time.

Today was mass and religious education. Then I made the family breakfast. I did a few chores, then we headed to the Arts and Crafts Festival. I got a sign for the bedroom, 2 pumpkins for the stoop and a little scarecrow hanger. I love my scarecrows. ;) Then we got home, ate some lunch, and started chores. I vac'd, finished M's laundry, hung some clothes outside, used the blower to clear off the porch of leaves and other odds and ends. J and H just went to pick up a riding mower. I hope that J is satisfied with his purchase. ;) We bought it from a coworker of mine, so he was happy that he got a discount from the listed price on fb.

Soon it will be time to make dinner, then head to dance. H will be on his way back to college. Not sure when he'll be home again. We may have to go out and take him to dinner some evening.

Have a blessed day!
    ~peace~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We made another run to the new house. I unpacked a few thing and put boxes out of the way for the packers tomorrow. The fence guy is still setting poles. It looks nice.

DD and I started our detail cleaning. Yes the cleaners did a good job but we really get into the spots no one thinks about. Like the rubber gasket in the washer. And the hand rail going down to the basement. It looked nice and shiny. It'll take me awhile to clean both rails but they the wood will look lovely when I'm done. IMG_3393.jpg IMG_3394.jpg

luludou likes this.
  15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

HW2 - Congrats on the baby! What will be her name?
    Diedra - what do you mean by hidden fence?

Did not do much. Washed bedding for 2 beds, cut up pineapple, did some dishes. Read a bit, watched some tv.
    Going out to the local pizza joint for supper.

housewife2 likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Monday again.....where do the weeks go?
    Work today and I need to finish off a few things that I did not get to on Friday night. A patient turned up with no paperwork to claim through insurance and did not have the money to pay so I will have to chase that up today. I sometimes wonder how people manage to get through life:rolleyes:

Nice and sunny here today but still cool, still cardigan weather and I have socks on my feet.

Mel, happy birthday to Miss K
    Faye, a new baby, congratulations.
    Diedra, did the washing machine come with the house? Here we take our washers/dryers/fridges with us. The only thing that stays is the oven.

housewife2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  17. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I have had a busy day. I ordered groceries for the week and then we started cleaning. I cleaned out Kiddo's closet (that was a disaster). Anyone need a white graduation gown?? :p

Then I swept off the porches and cleaned out a space for Hubby in the offie. He wants to do a bit of re-arranging but he needed a clean spot first so we have room to do the furniture shuffle.

I need to do breakfast dishes but I am feeling lazy after all of the work we did this morning.

The temps have dropped here quite a bit. The mornings are freezing!! We had to turn the heat on Saturday morning. It is time to get out the fall clothes and accessories. Yeah!!! I have a feeling the coats could use a fluff in the dyer and I need to polish my boots. I never lack for a project.

18. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Busy bees around here! I got one chapter read this morning. Then I did the kid shuffle, taking friends son home and getting DD. We came home and now i'm eating some lunch. My stomach has been off all morning so we'll see how this sits. I think it may have been the cheese from last nights tacos. It did smell funny but I didn't notice it tasting different and everyone ate it. Eli mentioned something tasting weird though. DD came home and made a taco and spit it right back out because of the cheese so I had her throw it away. Did I mention the appliances are not impressing me in this house? The stove is acting up and the refrigerator isn't doing all that great either. I've had to toss other cheese since we've been in this house that should not have been bad. Supposedly it's a new fridge. o_O Right!

I'm not sure what DH will want to do when he gets home...bike ride, pool, nothing. Who knows.

19. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Electric Pet Fence they hid in the ground.

luludou likes this.
  20. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Make part of it into a pillow