sunny sunday 08-05-18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Aug 5, 2018.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. went to wawa for gas peach tea and the newspaper. going to get my grandson soon. enjoy your day

2. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

Has been a busy week here. Finishing my quilt top, and making peach butter did me in the last couple of days. Last night we went to see a jersey boys band (all Frankie valley and 4 seasons music) with my cousin and her husband. Had a good time but got home way past our bedtime.
    Today is laundry and we've already flipped the mattresses. I plan to lay on the couch otherwise and watch movies and qvc while husband mows.
    Prayers for all people and things mention the last few days and for all unspoken needs.
    Have a safe and fun Sunday everyone!

3. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Afternoon all. Took the dog for our walk briygh her home then went to pick up tr he groceries, most are put away. I need to do some light housework, laundry and just be lazy. Yesterday we went to my parents for dads birthday for a quick visit.

Have a great day.

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello, Allen went to see Aunt Imogene and I am working on my closet. Haven't made it there yet! Sprayed Teigans mattress down with vinegar/water and have it outside on table to dry in sun and get aired. Hope to do the others within the next week or so. Have some bedding washing and will hang it out to dry and air.

Lola is such a cutie. Can't wait for Teigan to see her!

Ryan is finishing cleaning his room. Thank goodness!

Then mine will be the one in the worse shape!

HW2, enjoy that grandson!!!! Such joy they give us!

Myron's mom, hope you get rested!

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH is off to work and i'm just sitting here with the news on and my coffee enjoying the quiet. It rained a bit overnight but doesn't seem to be raining now. DH took the bike so hopefully the rain stays away. There is still a massive fire on the west side of the island. It has burned at least 4000 acres so far since yesterday. I hope they can get it under control today and put out. Lots of people evacuated and structures lost. We have Hurricane Hector coming our way but it's looking like it will go just south of us so we may get some wind and rain, we'll see. Should be around Wednesday this week.

I'm going to take the kids to the Commissary to get lunch stuff for school later this morning. Eli needs a haircut but I think DH does as well so they can go together. I need to get Eli more socks as well. Later this afternoon we'll go with our friends to get shave ice as a last hurrah before school starts. DD stayed the night at our friends. The boys wanted to have a sleepover but they partied hard at the birthday party so we didn't think it was a good idea. We said next weekend would be theirs.

I need to take this quiz so I can move on to the next module in my class. I'm a few days ahead of schedule, which is great. I'm hoping I can get even more ahead this week with school starting. I would like to not have to work on school work on the weekends except when DH is at work at the motorcycle range.

Enjoy your day!

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Good afternoon... finally resting! Kids are all gone. I love my kids but phew! a few days with them here and seems all my routines are shot! everytime dd wakes us she says, what are we doing today... uh, resting! ;)

DS & girlfriend went to view a new house with dh... they'd like to buy for next year. looks great according to them but a bit expensive. we'll see. DS is a softie but his girlfriend has character for two!

During that time dd & I went over what she had left in her bedroom and got rid of lots of things :) She went grocery shopping with dh too before leaving. She will be returning to school in september so we will help her out a little.

went outside and chatted with neighbors.... boy is it HOT!!

I am so tired of those hot temperatures!!!!!

DH is back to work tomorrow. tomorrow will be my 1st day ALONE... have lots of cleaning up to do but it will be so quiet :)

7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

You're just like my Mum. Whenever she and my Dad came to visit, their last stop before leaving was the grocery store to make sure my fridge, freezer, and pantry was stocked.

luludou likes this.
  8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Yesterday we put up solar lights on the shed. Now we've been adjusting them to the setting we want. I think after three times it might be right. lol

Dh mowed the front lawn twice. Second time was to bag the grass since it was so long. Now he's talking about mowing the back again. I think I hear golf on the Tv so he may be watching.

DD is watching TV and I've been reading. I watered plant even with rain yesterday my potted plants were dry. I did the back yard today and tomorrow I'll get the ones in the front yard.

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Finished up my first module and started on my second. Then I took the kids to the Commissary to pick out lunch food. We definitely got a lot of snack type stuff, guess they'll figure out a main type dish or just take snack lunches. As long as they take more than a bag of chips. Eli will be fine because I know what he'll eat, it's the other two that I worry about. DS wants to eat healthier but he's so super picky.

It's a dreary day here, no sunshine and looks like it may be raining now, or about to any second. Poor DH riding back on the bike in a while. He may be soaked when he comes in. Definitely haircuts for DH and Eli on the agenda this afternoon and I need to drop my Stitch Fix stuff off at UPS and pick up socks for Eli. Haven't heard from friends yet. They were trying out a new church this morning.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning,
    Monday again, UGH.
    Achieved a lot over the weekend and would love to stay home and get a bit more done. I might look at the work diary today and see when it might be possible to take a few days off. I have put in to have Christmas eve off so we will wee.

DD and BF popped in yesterday afternoon and ended up saying for dinner so I have leftover pizza for lunch. Yum.
    Hope you all are safe and well and on the mend if you have been hurting,
    XOXO

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

DH is gone with mil and sil to the restaurant. I prefered to stay here, been having tummy problems again this week and I wanted some peace and quiet. I had some wonton soup with bread & cheese and chocolate bark thins for dessert :)

I dusted and vaccumed my bedroom, hallway office, bathroom & kitchenette. will have that less to do tomorrow.

I am so tired of the heat!!! where are the low 20's with no humidity?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Active Member

Good afternoon everyone. It’s been another “down” day for me because my back is really bad. Just trying to rest and recover today because my Mom is having her second knee replacement surgery Tuesday. My aunt is coming from AZ so she’ll be helpful too. I am not looking forward to the next few days especially since I don’t feel well myself.
    Ok enough whining. Everyone have a restful rest of the weekend! Or a great start to the week, whichever fits!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, y'all...still 10 minutes left in today.

It's an animal circus here. We picked up DS's dog and have her. She is having to stay in a kennel in the living room because she is too destructive to let her out in the house. She's still a puppy...can't leave her without supervision for 30 seconds. :rolleyes::eek: If we were keeping her at her house, she could go out in her yard, but since she's not familiar with our house and yard, we have to take her out on a leash and bring her back in. DDIL's mom is staying there. We're having to give the dog antibiotics twice a day...a real adventure!

There's the stray tom we're still trying to catch, so our outside cats are inside, too...and are not liking the dog in the kennel, so we're switching out letting the dog out for short intervals while shutting the cats in one of the bedrooms while she's out and taking up the litter box while she's out so she doesn't get in it....taking up and putting down cat food and dog food so each doesn't eat the others'. It's comical, but tiring and aggravating at the same time. Girl cat got in a mouse trap earlier, but it didn't hurt her, thank goodness, but she's now hiding under the bed.

Add me to the back trouble bunch...sciatica. I've been googling exercises. I need to take DS's application to the school board office tomorrow. I'll have to go in and bake and decorate cupcakes tomorrow afternoon.

I'm off to bed! Long day tomorrow. Praying you all rest well.