Sunny Sunday January 6th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Up and I need to go see Aunt Imogene---Christmas Day was the last time I saw her. Allen goes every other day to see her.

Yesterday go to about 57 and should be the same today.

Then since I ended up running some (most) of yesterday I need to clean.

Might do some outside if its as nice.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning looks like its going to be a nice day go to 60 . will get my grandson in a little while. just been tiding up some washed all the throw christmas rugs so i can pack them up. i miss christmas even though it was so hectic at work, they will put up halloween on july 4th weekend one customer was already talking about that. lol have a good day

4. p.a.

p.a. Active Member

Just a cleaning day around here....went out for the best Greek dinner last night with my dd's. I love when I find a new great restaurant.
    Housewife, I. Miss Christmas to.
    Lana enjoy that nice weather

5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's just noon here and the sun is shining! YAY! Love to see the sunshine. Temps are even in the 40s today. Hardly feels like January weather. I'm sure it won't last. ;) Life has been hectic since school started again on Wednesday. We hosted cards Thursday night. On Friday, H called on his way home from work. Something hit his rear window as he was driving and it shattered into thousands of pieces. Add that to the list of things to take care of this week. Thank goodness we have another car for him to use until it is repaired. Yesterday we took down the tree and decorations inside and out. It was a non-stop Saturday. I'm sad to see the tree go, but it's time to move on. I miss the lights, so I have timed candles everywhere to help with the darkness.

We went to early mass. Then came home and picked up. Then I did some bills, recorded data for school and finished my lesson plan for the week. Next up is the planner for the week, but I thought I'd say hello to you all!
    Then it's off to competition dance practice with M. I decided that I'm picking up take out somewhere today after dance. H is heading back to school this afternoon, so it will just be the 3 of us for dinner.

That's about it here. Hope you all have a lovely day!

~peace and blessings~

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH is about to head out to work. I will make muffins for the kids and I for breakfast and maybe go out and sit in my chair again this morning on the front porch. I enjoyed it yesterday. Might have to take a blanket with me, DH said it's cooler this morning than yesterday. I also need to get yoga in so I can catch up, it's a short one.

I'm not sure what we're doing today. I might start on some hotspot areas and I may take Eli to Walmart since I didn't yesterday. I need to measure the dining table so I know how big of a runner I need and maybe we'll go to TJ Maxx and look for one. I don't know. I might end up having to make one myself because so far I haven't seen any that looked long enough. I may run to the Commissary at some point if I can get a list together.

Lana- Have a great day!
    Faye- Wow! That seems really early to put up Halloween! I think i'll wash all our throws today on sanitize.
    p.a.- Glad you enjoyed the new restaurant!
    Lisa- Good idea about the candles. I knew I would miss the lights too so I left a strand on the TV stand to turn on in the early morning and in the evening. Sorry about H's rear window, must have been scary.

Enjoy your day!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! I finally slept not so bad. I think I might survive this crud after all. still no energy but at least my brain is kicking in... it felt like it was full of cotton balls and ears were plugged all the time.
    I decluttered more papers in the basement, did dishes, paid bills. Now I'm resting, low energy.

will work on my to-do list

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    Much cooler her today, slept very well last night as I am a snuggler. We have such extremes in my city, hot, hot in Summer and quite cold in Winter. I love Autumn
    the best.
    Work for me today, I will be the only one in the office until about 1pm when one of the physios starts. It will be quiet so I will take my planner and try and get a few things organised. I do need to make so personal appointments so will make those. I know that I have to go to work but if I am not going to busy I would rather be home as I always have things to do here.
    Anyway, better get going, have a great afternoon,
    Much love,

10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon. I got up and went to church, couldn't talk anyone else into going with me. There was thick soupy fog - it was a real test of faith to drive out of our subdivision, I couldn't see anything. Got to church just fine, the fog lifted a bit, and now the sun is peeking through.

I put Salisbury steaks in the crockpot, and it smells heavenly. I'll fix mashed potatoes & frozen peas in a little while. Chopped veggies & fruit for DD and me, ate lunch, and now I'm wishing for a nap. I'll get in some crochet time and hopefully do a little reading.

Have a great day!

11. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good afternoon all!

I have been decluttering my living room. Hubby helped me clean out the coat closet. We made huge progress!! I found room for my vacuum.

GrammaDeb... We are having Salisbury steak as well for supper. Yum!!!

I polished 1/2 of my new box of silver flatware. My hands were getting chapped by the water and baking soda. I will work on it again tomorrow and Tuesday.

I am off to go do some knitting and more laundry. So much laundry!!!

12. MrsSoup

Evening!

I took the kids to Walmart this morning. They didn't have what Eli was wanting but I did grab some mailers and some foaming window cleaner that DD asked for. We stopped at Petsmart to pick up new filters for the fish tank and then headed to Target. Eli found exactly what he was looking for there so he was happy. We came home after that. I filled out the mailers and will head to the post office tomorrow. I started making Peanut Blossoms and DD mowed the yard. The mower ran out of gas so she put more in but it wouldn't start after that. She got half of it done anyway. I finished up my grocery list and went to the Commissary. Several shelves were almost bare but I got most of what I needed. I will have to rearrange my meal plan due to that though. Came home and unloaded and then DD and I porch sat for quite a while. The neighbor came over and asked if I wanted some Heineken, so I said sure. It was my grandpa's favorite beer and I don't think I've ever had it. Then we chatted for a bit. They are leaving the island, he's being medically retired. They should be leaving at the end of this week I think.

It's almost chilly outside now that the sun has gotten lower so I came inside. DH is on the way home. I never did get to my yoga this morning so i'll still be a day behind I guess. I didn't get today's email either, weird. I'll have to ask my mom if she's been getting them. I can find the videos on YouTube so it's no biggie.

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I'm trying to get in the bed in just a few minutes, so I'll be quick tonight.

DGSs went to church with us and then, we ate lunch. DDIL's mom picked them up around 1:45. I made things to take to church for a fellowship after church. People were talking about a really bad wreck. As it turned out, it's a student from my second period class who was killed, and her boyfriend it's not looking likely that her boyfriend is going to make it. He was driving. The car was wrapped around a tree, but I don't know the cause of the accident. DH took the DGSs home after we finished eating a church tonight. DDIL's mom will get them ready for school and DH will pick them up and take them with him since he teaches at their school. I teach at the high school.

I'm sorry. It's been an exhausting day.

Night, everyone.

14. MrsSoup

Oh no Jane, how awful about the wreck! I hope they will have counselors at the school tomorrow for those that need it.

missjane likes this.
  15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Prayers being said for the all involved. May God strengthen you as you face your classes tomorrow. May the hope of Jesus be seen and heard in you. ((hugs))

missjane likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

MissJane, sorry to hear about the accident. Always a shock when it is someone we know.

The morning that I was dreading went much quicker than I thought. There is still quite a lot of work to catch up on so that kept me busy. I made my own appointments and worked on my planner adding a few things form last year to this one.
    Looks like Salisbury steak is on a few menus for tonight. I am not sure what that is so I will google it.
    Still about 90 minutes until home time so I best find something to keep me busy.
    Hope that you all have a great evening,
    much love,

missjane likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

Got my yoga in just now so i'm still just a day behind and not two. It was a short one but a good one. I tried the Heineken but didn't care for it. I'll see if my friend's husband likes them and if so, he can have them. DD went down there earlier to play outside and said that they didn't really greet her the way they usually do or speak to her much :rolleyes:, I don't understand them sometimes. She did nothing wrong except for tell them what happened yesterday. People, I swear. I'm over it. I have no control over their actions but I do have control over how I react so kindness, sunshine and rainbows it is! Ain't nobody got time for drama and negativity!! Not this year, I have a purposeful existence to fulfill. haha

And with that, i'm heading upstairs to read The Happiness Project again. I started it last night for lack of anything better that struck my eye in my bookshelf and my Nook was downstairs. Goodnight friends!

18. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good for you. I think they are embarrassed and unsure of how to respond to anyone involved. Give it time and showing them you moved on will bring things back to normal. I have never read the Happiness Project many check that out after I read my 3 historical fiction books waiting for me.

MrsSoup likes this.