Sunny Sunday May 17 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 17, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! 5.jpg

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

should be a nice sunny day here.
    Yesterday dh washed front house windows (I usually do them but told him I was too tired ;) ), put dd's bed and nightstand on Marketplace for free and it was out of the house by noon. DS is bringing back a bed and had no place for both of them. Also put up a dvd/vhs reader to give and one of my cousins will be taking it (unfortunately lives farther away so it's still here :rolleyes:). Put 2 student desks, 1 window, 2 computer desks and 1 old wood desk for sale too... but not one call :confused:

went to ds' for the afternoon and supper. ddil was doing volunteer work in an elderly facility.

Finally had a not-too-bad night of sleep. washed the big shower this morning and had breakfast. think I'll start vaccum until it's nice enough to go outside. want to rewash basement windows and continue patio guards. Washing my bedding too.

tomorrow is a holiday but dh will be working.

Friday night dh picked up some stuff at costco's (got another big pack of tp) - made of list of stuff I want to have on hand during the upcoming months of pandemia in pantry and pharmacy... think I'm pretty much on track.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Morning Lucie I love the photo. Morning all to follow.
    Another warm day today. At 7 I was walking in a tank top and pretty warm. DH and I got in a long walk. I need to go back to WalMart all the shorts we got DS were too big. I wonder if they are doing returns? Also need to hit Kroger for a birthday cake for DS3 for tomorrow. Hopefully the chinese place beside it is open I want it for lunch.

Have a great day friends

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, my favorite stinker and all to follow.

I am sore as all get out, but except for a bruised right knee, I am ok after my fall yesterday.

Had a horrible night of sleeping. Awake every two hours. Ugh. Trying to get things straightened up before Brysen and his grandparents arrive. Want to have stuff all together that I want to give each of them. Steve is getting the key to my apartment. I may either treat them to lunch or the bakery. Not both, tho. I have car payments to make now. That is so scary. Biggest car payment I have ever had, too.

We are to get rain today, but not steady, thank the Lord. After the kids leave today, I will make out my list of what all I need to do about the car. License branch, insurance, that kind of stuff. I am gonna have to budget for car washes, too. All of a sudden, I am scared of how much this is all gonna cost me. I do not want a panic attack. Gotta talk myself off the ledge.

I had better get my sewing stuff put up, before B gets here. I can hardly wait to see him.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay safe and be blessed.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day Lucie, Pam, Shannon and all who follow. It's 76 right now it only shows 80 for the day of course rain is predicted. I kind of hope it does, just rain, my back is bothering me don't want to have to water them but we'll see. I was wanting to make stuff peppers, I make it like a soup cause that's the only way DH will eat it. That's another wait & see thing.

Lucie love the swing pic thank you.
    Pam may God provide all you need to take care of your car. I am glad you weren't seriously hurt when you fell. Enjoy your family time.
    Shannon Happy early Birthday to DS3

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Raining nice and gently here. We need it very much.

I was watching our robin couple this morning. They are flying back and forth to their nest on our gutters so I think the eggs have hatched. I'll have to see if I can find some live meal worms at the pet store this week. Those guys will be flying shortly.

Funny how I can't think of a thing to do in the house. I want to be outside working. Guess I could dress for rain and go out to pull weeds. lol I could start painting one wall in the bedroom. Or take a nap. Dogs, cat and DD are napping. They shouldn't do that alone. Dh is taking his winter items to the basement. And the basement sure needs some work. So a nap is looking better and better.

Make the most of your day.

7. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning from cloudy PA!

It's 67* and cloudy. Pollen Alert is in place here. We are so behind this Spring. Our trees are just starting to get green here in our area. We went south and off the mountain a bit looking at trucks and it was so much greener. It's hard to believe that it is almost Memorial Day weekend.

I slept better than usual. I think having the ceiling fan on helps keep my cooler, so less disruption. Slept in a bit today, ate breakfast, showered the usual routine to just stay at home. My plans today include cooking, doing my planner and hopefully getting the porch together for summer. I need to get some plants for the front porch sometime this week. I'd like to get new planters, as well.

Katrina...here's a link to the towns that are most like spring year round: https://themysteriousworld.com/cities-with-best-weather-year-round/
    Lucie...sounds like you are feeling better! Yay for a good night's sleep!
    Shannon...hope you get your Chinese today. Our Chinese place opened for the first time on Friday. It has been super busy, so we are waiting for things to slow down a bit before we order.
    Deidra...hope the rain ends so you can get outside!
    Pam...glad you don't have any serious injuries from your fall. I missed it...what kind of car did you buy?
    Hi Tricia!

~peace and blessings~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Lisa, I bought a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, and I love it! Of course, Rocky did not or he would not have given me two flat tires by biting them! Little snot!

luludou, teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I didn't sleep well, was restless and couldn't get comfortable. I kept waking up with a headache and neck pain. I finally got up around 3 and took a migraine pill and then went back to sleep until about 5:45. I decided to get up before I started feeling yucky. I didn't sleep enough because i'm tired sitting here, might try to nap in a little bit. Of course, it's a beautiful day and I would love to be outside or at the beach. This too shall pass as Pam says. Maybe i'll sit on the porch later.

I need to work on my tasks today, would love to get at least one finished up and submitted this week. I also need to study some math and continue studying Social Studies this week. I'll work on a meal plan today as well. I have 4 FabFitFun Starter Boxes to gift if anyone is interested, you just have to pay shipping.

Lucie- Our $1 auction pages opened back up (people bid in $1 increments on your items for 24 hours), I should put some stuff up for sale. Glad you were able to get rid of some things.
    Shannon- I ended up ordering shorts for DD from Old Navy online, they will accept returns that way. I bet Walmart is taking returns on some items.
    Pam- Have fun with your visitors today, but don't overdo yourself.
    Tricia- Rest your back!
    Diedra- I vote for the nap!
    Lisa- Sounds like a nice day. We always have our ceiling fan on. Our island was on the list, figured it would be. We pretty much have the same weather all year round, except it gets a little cooler for a bit in the winter.
    Jane- How is your infection? Getting better?

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Lazy day yesterday, rained off and on all day so that made it a stay inside type of day. Worked on my CIJ swap ornaments, filed, miscellaneous chores, not really much of anything. I caught up with Call the Midwife on PBS Passport and debated whether to grab something for dinner but settled on making nachos instead. I just can't get the cheese to melt the way I would like it so it's a bit softer and pulls apart more like a mozzarella would. I use a combo of about 3/4 Mexican cheese and 1/4 mozzarella. Anyone have a foolproof nacho recipe?

Since I didn't go out yesterday, I didn't get the license plates for my car - the temporary is good until June 5 but I need to get over there this coming week. Work at work tomorrow so no doubt that will be a super busy day then it's back to teleworking for the rest of the week. The second heating company is coming to give me a price and the septic service maintenance will be done at the RI house this coming week. I'm looking forward to Friday night because our local cinema is having a Virtual Cinema showing of Military Wives which is the big screen version of the Military Wives Choir. If you're interested, the story of the real choir is on You Tube, just search Military Wives Choir, I think it is broken up into 3 sections, with four parts to each section, about 15 minutes each. An amazing story of how the choir came about and the success they achieved.

Sorry to hear that so many of you have difficulty sleeping - I revved up my diffuser again, four drops of Lavender oil and four drops of Thieves (the doTerra name, I use Melaleuca's which is Armor) which is a blend of clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary. It smells lovely and I have no trouble dropping right off to sleep.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

DH and I went to open-air Sunday school at our Sunday school teacher's house...under the carport. Everyone sat 6 feet or more apart. It was nice to see friends from church. Church service (preaching) is still online. Even when we start back in the church building, the deacons have voted no Sunday school for a while...the "littles" don't know how to socially distance.

I've decided to just rest today...maybe read some...which will make me sleepy...which will more than likely lead to a nap. I carried a few dishes across the yard to the new house. Would have been way too heavy if they were in a box. That's about the extent of what I'm doing today.

Jess, the infection looks to be gone. It's still red and puffy, but nothing in it. I'm going to take all of the antibiotic, though. I hope you get to feeling better today. Just keep a check on your symptoms, please.
    Pam, praying the car doesn't prove to be too hard on the budget.
    Lisa, I'll be joining you on the planner work today. It's relaxing to me, so doesn't seem like work. It's funny to go south and see how things bloom earlier. It even happens here. South and Coastal Louisiana bloom earlier than we do.
    Diedra, outside calls my name this time of the year, too. Stay out of the rain! We don't want you sick!
    Tricia, rain has been predicted here almost every day for a week, and we have yet to get it. We're going to have to water our garden today if it doesn't rain.
    Shannon, I've wondered about return policies about clothing, too. And what about when the malls open back up? Will customers be allowed to try on clothes? Will they be put directly back on the racks or steamed or something? Definitely things to think about.
    Pamela, I hope the repairs aren't too expensive...like you said...glad you're not needing the furnace right now.
    Lucie, good for you for "letting" DH do the windows. I have a lot of things I want to get rid of. I guess I need to look at putting some on a selling site.

Lunch is ready...suppose I should eat. I'm tired of cooking and eating! lol

Hope you all have a great afternoon/evening.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It is sunny today but quite a bit cooler than yesterday.

Since the weather is supposed to get cooler this week I'll put off doing much outside stuff. Would like to get some flowers and a few container plants for the backyard.

So far I've done the laundry and prepped a box of stuff to go out of the house. Will be doing more as I find boxes. I think we will grill burgers tonight with some beans for DH. Should be enough for today.

Hugs to everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Hi again!

I sat on the porch with DH for a bit when he returned from his run, it was very nice out this morning. Now he is off on a motorcycle ride, good for him to get out. I've been watching movies...first Wall-E and now Inside Out. haha The kids are watching with me, kinda. I'm slowly working on a meal plan.

Pamela- Thanks for the reminder on getting my diffuser out! I will do that today and hope that will help with my sleep. I also need a new pillow. Thieves is the Young Living brand, not doTerra. ;) I use Breathe and Serenity from doTerra at nighttime and that usually works. I use Velveeta for dipping but we don't make nachos really. If you find something good I would be interested.
    Jane- Glad you are resting today! Good idea to take all of the antibiotic. I'm definitely being mindful of how I feel. :) All of the dressing rooms will be closed here when retailers open back up in regards to your comment to Shannon.
    Debbie- I think I will add burgers to my menu plan this week. DD will be happy.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Yep, it is still raining and now the wind has picked up. I've been making the base for Cream of Mushroom soup. Mainly Mushrooms, onions and beef broth thickened. I divided it up into ziplock bags for the freezer. One will be used for tonights dinner. Chicken with bacon bottom rice or something like that. Jessica made it the other day. Everyone napped while I was cooking. Even the dogs slept more than an hour past the usual time. Dh is still napping but he laid down later.

I was just watching the neighbors play do-si-do with their cars. They have a truck and trailer in one half of the driveway. So they backed out one car on the other side of the drive and then backed out a car from the garage. Then the first car went into the garage and the other into the driveway. Was rather funny to watch but probably practical when someone goes to work tomorrow.

Off to finish fixing dinner for the oven. OOPs will have to defrost chicken since I forgot to get it out this morning.

15. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

I got my Chinese. Accidentally ordered fried wanton instead of crab Rangoon :eek: don't really like them but the rest is good.

I asked the lady watching the door at Wal-Mart id they are doing returns and she said no. I didn't bother to verify at the customer service desk. I'll just put the receipt in the bag and put it to the side for now. We ended up at a lot of stores today and since most the state entered Phase 1it seemed extra busy. We didn't go anywhere that was not open before all this. Seemed like about 50/50 mask no mask.
    Diedra- we used to watch the neighbor do the car shuffle now its us with 4 drivers and 4 cars.
    Sorry a lot of you are not sleeping well. I was up late the last 2 nights then the dog woke me up barking at something.

Jane- glad the infection is doing better.
    Pam- enjoy the company
    PamG- how do you fix the nachos? We always layered chips and cheese then baked in the oven.

Have a good evening friends

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. PamelaG

Yes, sorry, Young Living. Does doTerra have a Thieves equivalent? I have an account with them as well as Melaleuca.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. PamelaG

That's what I did, layer of chips, then cheese, then topping like beans or Spanish rice or meat or chicken, then more cheese. The cheese just isn't melty, if that's a term ;). I can remember eating nachos at a restaurant where you pulled out a chip and all the cheesy goodness stretched along with it.

luludou likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, looks like you have all been busy today.
    Work for me today and tomorrow, I will be interested to see whether CW is coming back to do her regular shift after working last week. If she does it means I will stop doing my extra shift. That will be great as I really do like my extra time at home and at the moment I seem to be a bit busier so could use the time.

Would like to continue working on a craft project that I started yesterday, I am doing one of those diamond pictures, has anyone done one? I am finding it quite relaxing.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

So you were well trained for car shuffling.

20. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

If you are using low moisture or low fat Cheese it will not be stretchy. I use whole milk mozzarella from Sam's Club. People always say something about the cheese when they have my pizza. It stretches forever.

I use shredded Colby jack for our nachos. It's not as stretchy. I should try it with mozzarella.

PamelaG likes this.