sunny thursday 07/05/18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Jul 5, 2018.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. cleaning and clothes to wash today. hope everyone had a nice 4th . have agood day

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

DD started the day off with not a good mood. But once it was past time to go to work it improved. I think she thought it was a work day. lol It isn't till tomorrow. lol

I didn't make a list of TO DO things today so I'm more or less wandering around. I did make up the mix for Frozen Hot Chocolate. Her is the recipe I use. For a fast one I have just used Hot Chocolate Mix, a little cream and ice in a blender. Still good but the recipe is outstanding.

http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2011/05/frozen-hot-chocolate/

Enjoy.

luludou, hollyberry and teachermomof2 like this.
  3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH is getting his DA photo taken this morning and then I have a call with my new enrollment counselor at WGU because mine is going on maternity leave. :( I really like her. Then DH and I need to go birthday shopping for DD. She wants a weird assortment of things that aren't really typical for a going to be 12 year old. Things like a typewriter, a rotary phone, a fitbit...perfume and a goldfish are probable the most normal things she has asked for.

My friend has a Fitbit Blaze that she doesn't use that she said I could buy from her if I want to upgrade and then I could give my Alta to DD. It's quite a bit bigger than what I have now so i'd have to see it first I think. I wouldn't mind finding DD some clothes.

Diedra- I've still never made frozen hot chocolate. I'm going to have to do it very soon. I'm sure the kids would love it.
    HW2- Thanks for starting us off today! Have a beautiful day!

Enjoy your day!

housewife2 likes this.
  4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Out this morning to volunteer at the gift shop - all of the rest of the things Sophia had on her wish list were on sale so they will be going into the gift closet. Raining off and on here today so I think I'm going to do some more inventorying now that Vic is home to help lift any heavy boxes that need to be moved.

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Lord, is it ever hot out there today. I was going to take MJ to breakfast when I suddenly remembered that we had a luncheon/meeting for quilt club. I have so much to do today! Yesterday, I was hurting, and today it is hurting too. It is so stinking hot! My steering wheel was so hot that it burned my hand when I got in my car! I just got out of the shower, but when I get dressed, I will go clean out my car and put on the sun screen over the windshield! LORD IT IS HOT OUT THERE! Mercy! And so humid! This should start changing tomorrow.

Guess I had best get busy before my friend gets here. Wish I could sew! I am really in the mood. But, cleaning never takes a break, right?

Stay safe in this heat! Be sure to check on the elderly and pets. Get those little ones covered in sunscreen!

Ttyl! Enjoy your day!

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! Hot here too. May not hit 90* but still stifling. Rain due tomorrow.

The people on the next block set off quite a fireworks display so I wasn't too sad about missing the big one in Manhattan. DS and DDIL saw some of it from the roof of their building. Buffy snuggled a little closer to DH than usual but otherwise didn't seem effected by the noise.

Cleaning lady came today, working on laundry and caravan stuff. Getting a haircut later.

Pam - I won't tell if you decide to sew and not clean
    Pamela - glad you were able to pick thing up on sale
    HW2 - off to a great start
    Jess - a real, old fashioned typewriter????
    Diedra - recipe looks good. I remember having one at Serendipity a long, long time ago.

7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Typewriters are super popular right now, especially with any kind of memory keeping. They sell one at Michaels.

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Hot and stifling here too! good thing tomorrow will be a back to 'normal' day! ouf!

Diedra, I'm always saying I,ll make the frozen hot chocolate but never have yet, I,ll put it on my 'staycation' list :)

Normal boring day at work. just so ordinary with that boss :( ah well.

I received 3 pairs of shoes yesterday.... and they all fit! I'm happy :) 2 pairs of sandals, and 1 thong... size 1 for children o_O

Since I can't visit the Christmas blogs at work I'll do it tonight. Supper was quick... ham sandwiches for dh and tomato sandwiches for me.. too hot to cook. DH is gone to his guitar lesson.

I'm thinking of going to yoga again tomorrow morning.. will see.

9. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Evening all. Quiet day at work I guess. It work and I'm thankful I have a job that pays, it could be worse. I am glad tomorrow is Friday its supposed to cool down some. No plans just house stuff but I'm ok with that.
    I have 360 calendar, the kind with disks for the spine you can decorate inside well yesterday I ran into Hobby Lobby (which was putting up Christmas!!!) And found one for recipes. Don't really need it but it was on clearance so I'll try to use it as a quick go to for menu planning. I have been in a rut and off the planning bandwagon so hope this helps.

Have a great evening all

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It is a cold, windy Friday here.
    The dog groomer has just arrived to give the dogs a bath and a bit of a tidy up. The will be groomed in about November when it starts to get hot.
    Yesterday did groceries with mum, went to Woolworths and Aldi and saved about $40 by doing the 2. I think we will try and do that at least once a month any savings on groceries has to be a help.
    Went to dinner last night with my old workplace. Went to a pub about 15 minutes form here. I have a chicken and mushroom pepper pot pie and it was good.
    They mucked up our dessert order so complimented us with hot chocolates all round. Over all a good night.
    Have to get the house tidy, DD and her BF are coming here tomorrow to cook us lunch and the DH boss is coming over tomorrow night for dinner.

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Debbie- Yes, an old-fashioned typewriter is on her list.
    Pamela- We don't have a Michael's here and the shipping would be horrendous, so that's out. Maybe i'll try to find one for Christmas if she still wants one. I did see that Walmart sells one as well and I could possibly to do site to store shipping.

DH and I dropped stuff from last night at our friends and she has decided to just give me her Fitbit Blaze. We'll have them over for dinner and throw in a night of babysitting or something in trade. It'll even out somehow. Then we headed out shopping. We found 3 pairs of jeggings and a tshirt for DD at Target. Then we headed to the NEX to look around. We picked up wrapping paper and a few things DH needed and had lunch. We went down to Hickam to the PX there and found some really cheap over the ankle boots for DD and then some boots for Eli as well to wear on the motorcycle. The ones for DD aren't the best since they don't really have a heel of any sort but they will have to do for now. We stopped at our PX on the way home but didn't buy anything. I also picked up a shirt for my other daughter.

We decided to get a swing for my youngest other daughter that will be 2 later this month but we didn't see one anywhere so we'll have to look at Home Depot or Lowe's. They want to hang one from their back lanai. DD is off to the Commissary with our friend and daughter so I should go bring her stuff in while she's gone. When she gets back I need to take the kids to the library to get our prizes for last week, they do them a week behind. Weird I know. I need to make a list for the Commissary as well and go at some point but really don't want to.

12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I just bought the menu planning inserts for my MAMBI planner so I don't have to write it on my calendar pages. They were on sale at HL.

13. sweetpumkinpye

Dogs are all bathed and smell pretty. They are hiding in the loungeroom and are looking at me with disgust. Booked them in for November 2nd for their big shave before Summer.
    Am just pottering here, working through everyroom.
    Yesterday my mum found me an old doll from the op shop. She is the bigger version of the only doll my mum ever had growing up. I would like to take her to the doll hospital and get her looked at. I think her eyes need fixing so they will close and I think she use to talk. She is lovely.

14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Katrina - doll hospital?

15. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Yes. Thata the kind I have also. I am considering pulling some of the pages to put in my calendar to makes my lists also. I don't always use it and it too bulky to carry around both

16. sweetpumkinpye

Lucie, there is a doll hospital in my city. You take your dolls there and the people can restore them if possible. i have taken dolls there before for new clothes, cleaning and repairing.