Sunny Tuesday June 5th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

To be another great day out at about 81 and I will be inside! To top it off I have a meeting tonight so won't be home till about 7 or after.

Fed fish awhile ago and counted 10 should be 14 so will have to look tonight.

Have a GREAT day!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

I'm off to Sit 'n Sip with the Moms' Club today - it's a monthly gathering, usually in a place where there is a play area for the littles who are not in school yet, a chance for moms of kids of all ages to get together for coffee and a chat. Then, errands and home for chores and relaxing. Turned on the air conditioning so it's cool when I get home.

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. cleaned my room this morning and washed 2 loads of clothes. will go to starbucks and go to the library on my way back from taking out my daughters dogs. going to be in the 80s today. a friend gave us some collard greens last nite my daughter cooked them and we bagged them and put them in the freezer. my tomato plants are starting to grow. have a good day everyone

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! A nice, sunny day and not too warm - looking good for a Mets game tonight.

Laundry is up to date and I had all my straightening done by the time the cleaning lady came - an hour early. I find that I tolerate people who are late better than people who are early. I like to give people the impression that I am all finished with may tasks and just sitting eating bon-bons when they come in instead of running around frazzled, half dressed, etc.

So DH and I will soon be kicked out of the house by the cleaning woman so maybe some lunch will be in store while we are out. Also a trip to the bank. I have some B & N coupons so maybe a trip there. Then get Buffy from day care and go to the game

Lana - too bad you have to be inside all day
    Pamela - enjoy your get-together
    HW2 - stocking the freezer is always a great idea
    Lisa - so glad it is only 3 more days for you
    Diedre - what a day! Good thing you found the short cut

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning!

I made three burp cloths for the lady at the apartment office whose last day is tomorrow before she goes on maternity leave. I gave her a Boyd's Bear mother and baby. I just need to find some ribbon to tie them together. I don't have an appropriate gift bag. I didn't feel like sewing after the last burp cloth. I was going to make a receiving blanket, but pooped out.

I have to start making phone calls this afternoon re: rent check. I dread making these kinds of phone calls. Also have to contact my bills that get subtracted from my checking account. Need to see if MJ needs to go anywhere. I am tired. Fell asleep in my chair yesterday afternoon and last night. Lol

Guess I had better get busy. Hope you all have a good day!

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Came in to work with dh so was here at 6:00, did gym. dd is at home and getting her vaccines this afternoon.
    Busy work day. Ordered a few pairs of shoes yesterday for me.
    This weekend is the wedding so will start prepping for that on Friday.

'Later

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We got off the plane around 7:40 last night, said our goodbyes and then headed home. We got the kids settled and then stopped at the Inn to drop off DD's friend and then headed to work. DH came with me to make it shorter since I was tired from going all day. We got home around 10:30 I think. I had a hard time falling asleep last night without the koki frogs and the birds and night sounds and open windows. I miss the Big Island already. We had a great trip but I don't have time to tell you about it right now. I have put some pictures of FB and am trying to download more right now. My SD card stopped working on Sunday in my camera so I could only use my phone. I missed taking pictures of the lava once we finally saw some on our way home that evening. I was not happy. We stopped after that somewhere I could purchase a new one but we didn't see lava again. So disappointing. I think my card got messed up after the leader put it in his computer that morning, not sure how but that's the only thing different that happened with it.

I got gifts for the kids and my friends and their kids, DH a t-shirt and myself a t-shirt. I'm headed to Ortho this morning to see about my knee and then will help our friends with their kids while they sign for their house!! DD gets her cast off tomorrow and she's super excited about that. She'll be in a boot but she can take that off. I need to get into DS's room and clean it from top to bottom. He did end up passing to 10th grade, I checked yesterday. He only failed one class other than Japanese, so he has 5 1/2 credits. I spoke to him while we were traveling and told him that things are going to be a lot different when he comes back so to be prepared for it until he can show some real change and responsibility.

Anyway, I better run and eat so I can make my appointment. Missed checking in with y'all!

Enjoy your day!

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

subway and starbucks for lunch yummy now want to sit out a little in the sun. walking with my son this early evening.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    Wednesday here and I was hoping tho be back to normal today. While I was at work yesterday new CW texted and said that she was unwell and was not able to work today or tomorrow. I just about burst into tears of frustration. So I am off to work today and other CW will do all day tomorrow instead of a half day. Friday is still up in the air but if new CW is still down I will go in. Luckily Monday is a holiday so will still get some time off to do what I need.

Tonight is DrillDance training so will leave straight from work.

Hoping that you all have a great day,
    Much love,

11. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

DD28 messaged me yesterday to let me know that they are going to postpone the wedding until November of 2019. This will give her time to know if the fiance will step up and take responsibility for them and not just himself and his dog. It's a good thing.

MrsSoup and luludou like this.
  12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

MissJoDee so glad the wedding is postponed! it will give them time to think.

dd went shopping today and got her vaccines. she wasn't so bad today. we went for a walk after supper. watching 2nd Harry potter with her tonight.

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Jody- So glad to hear that!! It's a good decision on her part.

I went to Ortho this morning and the doctor I saw (guessing a resident) said that I could get ACL reconstruction surgery, shots (which I had before and didn't help), or more PT. I asked about the long term benefits and decided that I would go with the more aggressive surgery option. He then went to talk to his Attending. The Attending then came in to talk to me and check everything out since i've already had 3 surgeries and this one is quite a bit more of a surgery and a much longer recovery time. He said that everything looked great and there wasn't anything surgically he could do for me. o_O Which is it people!?!? I was not very happy when I left there. I realized that I have been dealing with this knee crap for 20 years next year and my kids are still very young. I want to be able to do more with them while I can and this doctor is telling me that there's nothing I can do. I don't accept that. I have my appointment at the V.A. next week so i'll see what they have to say since it's my disability knee. I did get a new knee brace out of it though. Not that I want a major surgery persay, but if that will help my knee to be stable enough to do the hiking and all that, then I will absolutely do it.

I came home and my friend was here with her kids. Her husband wasn't far behind. Then my husband showed up as well. We talked for a bit and then they left for their housing appointment to sign for their house. Not sure where they are now because they came back to pick up the truck and I haven't seen them since. They said they were coming back to get their kids and we could come over as well and that was about an hour ago. Hmm. I need to run to the store to get stuff for dinner but can't leave all the kids here. The girls have gone outside to walk down by their house and the baby is sleeping. The boys are watching Big Hero 6. I did get a chance to read through the DMV Motorcycle book, which is very similar to the one from my course. I forgot that I have my appointment tomorrow at the DMV to get my Hawaii license and i'll have to take a permit test for the motorcycle as well as a written test for my Hawaii license. I hope I pass them both because I don't want to have to go back except to take my waiver in.

I could really, really use a nap!!