Super Saturday, September 8, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cmerth, Sep 8, 2018.

1. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning!!

2. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I am up early.... so used to getting up early during the week that I was unable to sleep in.

We didn't go to the football game last night. Hubby and I were both tired. Kiddo went and said we won by a a landslide. So far his school's team is 3-0. He came home covered in baby powder. The throw it in the air every time the team gets a touchdown.

I have no idea what the plan is for today. Depends on how tired Hubby is and how muddy it is outside.

Hope everyone has a great day. Hmm... what to do so early in the am?? :)

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Carrie and All

It rained 3" so far since starting last night. Suppose thru tomorrow.

Work this a.m. and then would like to work in room but might have to run to Mt. Vernon. Will see. Haven't gotten back to room all week.

Teigan up about 6:30. She is going to a friends house today and is excited.

I better move along.

Carrie, sounds like a good team. Never heard of throwing the baby powder. Your hip/leg better?

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Lana.... I don't know where the kids got the idea to throw baby powder. It floats across the field. I am sure the air quality in the student stands is awful. My hip is much better thank you!!!

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I did not sleep well. My friend did not come yesterday, so I don't have to hustle today. I can drink tea and eat leftovers. I may make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Need to put my laundry away and finish in living room.

It rained all night. And to rain ALL day and tonight into tomorrow afternoon. Colts have their opening game tomorrow, so I will be watching that after church.

Those are my plans for the weekend. Exciting, huh? Hope you all have a great day. Blessings to one and all!

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning . they cancelled the t ball game due to rain. suppose to rain everyday the next week. i have a headache that i cant seem to get rid of. have a good day

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Cloudy and cool today - rain tomorrow and Monday. Gives me an excuse to stay in:)

Made the brisket and the soup and a honey cake yesterday and wound up going to the game with DH last night. This morning the gefilte fish is cooking and the turkey breast is in the oven. I'll be going through my fall stuff in a bit to see how I can decorate the house and maybe work on my room a bit. I could also wind yarn.

Expecting my guests around 4 tomorrow.

So much sports going on with everyone and rain cancellations. Hope everyone has a great day.

8. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone...When I came home from work yesterday, I did a few things around the house and sat down to read yesterday's posts. First thing I knew, I was waking up. I never even knew I had fallen asleep.I guess I was tired! By then, it was time to go to the football game. We won...after 10 before we got home.

I'm finishing the last load of laundry. Then, my mom and I are going to her first cousin's 60th wedding anniversary celebration. We're going a little early to help with set-up. DH asked if I wanted to spend the night at DD25's house next Friday night, because the football game is in the town where they live, but I told him I just want to come home and wake up in our own house. For some reason, I'm really wanting to be in our own home, doing homey things. KWIM?

HW2, I hope you feel better soon. It seems a lot of people are having to cancel events due to the rain.
    Pam, I glad you're feeling like doing a few things.
    Lana, it seems you have to work a lot of Saturdays.
    Carrie, I bet the time you had to just sit and knit helped your hip rest.

I better get ready to go. We're taking a few things to DD21 that she forgot to take, because my cousin's house is about 8 miles north of where she goes to college. We're also taking a few things to use for food at the anniversary celebration.

I hope you all have a great day!

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

The dinner last night was fun. I met some nice women. There were 11 of us total I think. I wasn't the only "new" one there either so that was nice. This morning i'm going to make a list and head to the Commissary before it gets crazy. I want to get canned stuff and some other things to prepare for Hurricane Olivia, just in case. They say it will be a Tropical Storm by the time it reaches the islands, but there's still the possibility of losing power. Better to be prepared. I want to prep earlier this time so i'm not fighting crowds and doing things last minute. I also have some items that I need regularly so I need to go anyway. I'll just stockpile this time and if we don't need it then we have it. I'll put it in the top of the pantry until after hurricane season and then we can use it.

DH is at work until between 12 and 1. DD wants to go to the bowling alley at noon with friends and their parents. I really don't want to go. I need to work on schoolwork and get this last unit knocked out today. It's on 3 dimensional objects, not my strong suit. Eli has a pack meeting this afternoon and his uniform is not ready. I still need to get to the scout store and pick up a book and some patches to be sewn on. I should see if they are open this morning and run over, it's across the island. I'm almost done with my book and want to get it finished today. I'm dying to know how it ends!

Carrie- I always wake up early. LOL I make my coffee and watch the early morning local news and do my rounds on the internet in the quiet house and enjoy my alone time with the dogs. hehe
    Lana- Do you guys need the rain or will it cause flooding? I hope no flooding!
    Pam- The muffins sound good. I have a can of pumpkin and chocolate chips. Hmm. Have you shared your recipe before?
    HW2- Hope you can get that headache to go away! My mom used to take an ibuprofen and drink a Coke. Sometimes it worked.
    Debbie- You've been busy in the kitchen. Makes me want to bake something. But I have to go to the store first.
    Jane- You needed the rest! Have fun at the celebration!

Enjoy your day!

10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I have a delicious day ahead of me with nothing important planned. I am going to be selfish and do what I want to do, and If I don't want to do it - whatever it might be - I'm not going to do it. Haha - yeah, right.
    If dsil doesn't send the kiddoes off to a friend's house, dgd and I will do a bit of sewing. He's pretty good at throwing a monkey wrench in my plans. (She's upstairs doing chores so we can get started before he comes home from work.)

Dsil informed me yesterday that he wasn't cooking (his night to cook), and DH & I were on our own. Great! I took DH out for a French dip sandwich & onion rings. We came home and watched a movie, and I, too, fell asleep reading posts here.

I am envious of everybody's rain. We have sunny skies and are to be 104 deg. Where is Fall??? We go from summer to not-summer...and then it starts over. Have a great day everyone!

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

so I am starting in another sector for the job next week. went ok but don't think boss is pleased with me as I started packing right away and people were wondering what was going on ... I told them I had a CHOICE of leaving or not but I didn't feel I really had a choice so he didn't like that, his problem.. not mine. I do know I couldn't come back to that place anyways so ...

Did groceries last night

Woke up at 6:00, have spaghetti sauce cooking in the crockpot, made some cabbage rolls and a veggie-ground beef casserole with bechamel. did ALL dishes. so that was my morning with some laundry going on and yoga.
    Lunch was hot-dogs. Now I need to go plant the flowers my cousin gave me at the funeral last week. dh is getting rid of the hedge (he pulled it out last week but needed to dump it).

12. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Sounds everyone had busy mornings. I have been so lazy. I haven't even knitted yet. I did cut Kiddo's hair for his senior pictures this afternoon. He fussed and fumes to have his "mama" cut his hair but it saves money and he has a pretty easy cut. Hubby has an easier cut-- he is balding so I just go over his head with the shaver to get the "longer" unruly hairs.

Gramma Deb-- I will send our rain to you. We are so muddy here.
    Lucie-- Sorry about your work... sounds stressful.
    Mrs. Soup-- Don't get me wrong I enjoy getting up early... was just hoping I could sleep in a bit....just a bit.
    Jane-- hope the anniversary party is nice. Sometimes the sitting and knitting helps but I can't sit for too long otherwise my leg goes to sleep.
    Debbie-- you have been busy cooking. Yum!
    Housewife2-- sorry about the headache. Hope it goes away soon.
    Pam-- enjoy the quiet weekend.

I have no desire to cook today. Weird for me. I am hoping Hubby will let us order some Chinese food. Some Saturdays I just get so lazy and I think the week zaps my energy. I am coughing a lot. The air quality here is awful. Was hoping the rain would have "scrubbed" the air but Nope. We had high humidities this morning.... not normal for our climate.

I have rambled long enough. I am going to go order some food--- hot soup and veggies on rice. I can eat egg rolls... even though they have gluten in them. Weird!!!

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I ran to the Commissary and stocked up, as well as my regular shopping, spent a pretty penny too. But we have canned goods and plenty of food should Olivia decide to visit our island. The kids have been doing chores and i've been cleaning. DH separated the ground beef the other day but didn't bother to touch the big pack of chicken breasts or steaks. So I took care of that this morning and left out enough for dinner tonight and tomorrow.

I looked up the scout shop and it is open until 3 today but I really don't feel like driving all the way over there so I think i'll wait until one day this week. I need to pull out his shirt and see what I need to get and what could possibly transfer over from his previous shirt before I go. He needs a book, neckerchief and then possibly the den number and council patches for the sleeve. I need to go start on my homework now.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A windy but sunny day here. I need to do a bit of housework and get ready for the new work week.
    I have just downloaded all the photos from my phone and ipad and must get them printed off a some stage. there is probably several hundred there to print.
    I will take the usb and decide when I am at the office shop.
    DD and BF my come over as she left something here last night. Not sure if they will stay for dinner or not. Dinner will be roast pork and veggies.

Another busy week coming up, looking forward to it.
    Anyhow, stay cool and dry.

15. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good eveninG!

It's been a busy day here. Started laundry as soon as I got up, ate and got ready to do some shopping. J and I went grocery shopping and did a few other errands today. I finished laundry, vac'd floors, made dinner and cornbread, paid bills....the usual Saturday things. I also hung new drapes in the master bedroom and put on my new comforter set. Now to get lamps, night stands, and some new art.

We are now watching the Pitt and PSU game. I'm a Pitt grad...H is at PSU. Makes for some fun rivalry.

Temps dropped 30 degrees today here. It's 55*. I love it...crisp air, sweat pants and long sleeves. We are under a flood watch until tomorrow at 8 pm. It's been raining for hours....the hurricane is expected to affect us later in the week too.

I'm on the iPad, so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. Lol. Can't type very well on here.

Peace and blessings...

16. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

As soon as dsil got home from work he sent dgd to call on a friend. So much for sewing. She watched me put all the fabric away, and I said, "Sorry." She was pretty sad. She left and was gone for a few minutes. Came back with a big grin on her face...alone. She said her friend couldn't play - I'm not sure she even went to the friend's house. So she hurried and cut fleece squares and sewed a guinea pig pillow before her dad got home - he took dgs to swimming practice. She cut out more squares for another pillow and started sewing; and then he got home and sabotaged us. Put her in front of a movie. Oh bother. Now it's going to be my fault that the dining room table is unusable. Oh well...I'm not making her clean up until she's through sewing.

Have a good night.

17. sweetpumkinpye

early afternoon here and I am procrastinating. DH and I are discussing taking a quick break. It has been a year since we went on our last holiday which was a 4 day trip to an island. Thinking of doing a road trip to an area called The Great Ocean Road. Always wanted to do it. Will do some research and pick a time and go.

Still have not done the folding, should do that

teachermomof2 likes this.
  18. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Worked and it poured and rained most the morning. Over 6" in places. Came home and Allen and I went to Mt. Vernon ate at Ryans, to Wal-Mart and then Peebles to get Aunt Ims perfume. Home unpacked groceries from last night and few from today.

Allen went and got Teigan a pizza and then 2 meals from the Fire Department pork chop supper for Jaymee and Ryan. We didn't eat supper by eating at a buffet.

Sewed Aunt Ims sweatshirts cuffs up.

No cleaning in room so tomorrow have dishes, straighten table and bar and hope in here.

Sleep tight my friends.

Going and coming home from work water over roads country and main highway. I backed up in one place and went a different street. Then when going to Mt. Vernon water over road bad for a distance. When coming home state was plowing it off along with mud.

19. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Evening, everyone.

The celebration was nice. A lot of family there, from his side and hers. We stayed until almost 8:00. Then, we ran by and visited a few minutes with DD21. I had to stop at Walmart and pick up some crackers to go with gumbo for lunch tomorrow, so it was almost 11 before we got home.

I put out a few touches of fall before I left today. Maybe I can finish tomorrow. I'll have to look around in the storage shed to find my fall stuff. Every day, they say rain and then reduce it before the day is over. This is getting old. Guess I'll have to water pepper plants tomorrow.

Lucie, people are so fickle...boss making you feel as if you had not choice, then getting mad when you leave. PFFH! I hope it turns out to be a better work situation for you.
    Jess, although you don't get all the wind with a TS, it can cause as much misery as a hurricane.
    Lisa, DH and I went to rivalry colleges...makes for a lot of fun sometimes. I'm jealous of the temps!
    Lana, be safe... you never know if a road is washed out under the water!
    Katrina...do go on the trip!!!
    GrammaDeb...pffh on DSIL. Too bad that DGD didn't get to finish.
    Carrie, hope your cooking mood returns. I'm sorry the air quality is getting to you.

Rest well, everyone!

20. sweetpumkinpye

DD and BF are here for dinner so that is always nice.
    I have finished the folding so a big tick off the to do list. Just making some strawberry sauce to freeze as strawberries are so cheap at the moment.
    Will use the sauce in the summer for on pancakes etc.
    Need to be at work earlier in the morning to meet a technician so hopefully an early night for me.