Sweet Saturday, September 1, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Sep 1, 2018.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone in MHH!

2. missjane

I don't know about you, but I'm always excited when September rolls around. It gives me hope for cooler weather and the start of the holiday season!!

I've been awake since 3:30. I got up a little after 4. I've done one load of clothes; second is in the washer. I put away some folded clothes of mine and washed some hand wash dishes, picked out my outfits for work next week. I cut up some bell pepper I bought yesterday and put it in the freezer. Did a big grocery shop yesterday, mainly meat because several were on sale. Just need to put it into smaller packages. I still need to pick up a few things. I tried the Walmart grocery pick up while I was in Florida and liked it...had to take back some fruit, but other than that, it was good. Have any of you tried it?

I feel like I'm getting a cold. My throat was sore last night and my nose wants to run this morning. I need to start some Zicam. DH just left to go mow. Later, we're supposed to go help DD25 plant her fall garden...need to work in ours, too.

I'll check out the two holiday plans and see if I want/need to do anything this week. I do a mismash of the two with adjustments to make if fit my schedule and house.

I'm about to nap a little.

Hope you all have a great day!

3. Sugarplum

Sugarplum Well-Known Member

Good morning!

Glad it is Saturday AND September 1st!

This past week was torrential rain storms every day. Tuesday we had voting and I was stuck at work until 6 pm. Made a dash for it and the roads were flooded at every intersection. Got home to get DH and run to the library to vote and made it with 5 minutes to spare. Yikes. However, if this is the only bad weather we get this year I will take it!!

We had a potluck brunch at work yesterday for Labor Day. I made two quiches which everyone ate. We had a contest where the employees sent in baby pictures and we did a slide show for everyone to guess. No one could guess mine, lol. I had a last minute project dumped on me but I got it done and we were able to leave early. I left at 4 pm.

I didn't want to work this weekend but things are overwhelming so I'll spend some time getting things organized and the little jobs done. My co-worker has been tasked with a huge project and I'm doing her regular work as well as my own so there are not enough hours in the day to get it done. Hopefully we will be back to the regular schedule soon!

I am hoping to get to Lowes so I can get some paint for DD to start painting. I'm also thinking about new carpet for the living room, maybe even some new furniture and window blinds.

I also hope to be able to go through the pictures and scrapbooks from my mom with DD. Between my work schedule and her being out every day and evening we have not had the time.We only have 3 weeks left so there is lots to do.

I usually put my fall stuff up this weekend, so I will try and do that as well. Lots of hope for the weekend, lol. I pulled a turkey breast out of the freezer and have it defrosting in the fridge so we'll have that one night this weekend, a kind of faux Thanksgiving with DD before she leaves.

I hope everyone has a great first day of September!!

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning! We have a guy looking at our backyard fence early this am. Hubby is hoping that he and Kiddo can finish up terracing the front yard... only one small spot left. Hip is better his morning after my "slide" in the mud last night... still a bit tender though.

Sugarplum-- sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you.
    MissJane-- you were up early. I have not tried Walmart grocery pick up but I do use Kroger pick up every week. Some weeks they get it perfect but more often than not they mess up a few things. Luckily nothing major.

I am off to do quick pickup. Still trying to decide what to make for breakfast.....

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

WOW! Jane sounds like you are due for a nap! I need your energy here! This cold is whipping my butt! Coughing is sounding alittle deep but not as often. Stomach is sore from coughing.

Carrie, so sorry your leg got pulled. Hopefully that is all it is. Sucks when you have plans for awhile and then something happens.

Robin, good to see you. You sound very busy. Enjoy your time with DD.

I think I will go jump in the shower, then straighten just alittle in kitchen/dining room but I really want to work in my room.

Allen had to run to Okawville for a part for the mower and will stop to see Aunt Im. I had planned to last night after work but with this blowing and coughing I didn't. At lunch yesterday I got a sticker for Allen, paid Aunt Imogenes taxes and went to Dollar General.

Cleaned 90% of desk off last night and also the floor under the sewing table--in my room. So much more to go!

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Shower done, dishes hand washed and dried and also dishwasher unloaded. Jaymee is using washer for their stuff so mine will be later or tomorrow.

Back to my room. Left dining room table buried!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Had a headache most of the day yesterday and it got worse last night so took a pill at bedtime. It's gone this morning thank goodness. DD transferred Blue the Betta to his new tank last night, along with the snails. He seems to like it and is enjoying more space. DH is off to work this morning and I need to start laundry and hop in the shower. Then get started on schoolwork so I can get that knocked out first thing.

No major plans for during the day today but this evening DH and I have tickets to go see Trevor Noah. He's a late night talk show host and comedian. We may or may not meet a friend of mine and her husband for drinks or something beforehand, they have tickets too. She has mentioned it but no plans have been made.

Guess I better get moving!

Pam- Hope the baby is okay!
    Carrie- Glad the hip is feeling better today!
    Jane- I usually feel that way about September but the weather here is usually pretty much the same all year. However, winter is the rainy season so it does change some. It has been cooler the past couple days and has actually felt like fall so i've been sucking it up and enjoying it thoroughly and pretending like fall is coming. haha
    Robin- You've been super busy as usual. Hope things slow down at some point.
    Lana- Feel better!

Enjoy your day!

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. The overnight oats I fixed for dgkids were very popular. They are looking forward to repeats. Easy to fix and I get to sleep in.

I woke up yesterday morning with my right foot swollen and not wanting to wear a shoe. No pain or tenderness, no heat - it just looked odd. The swelling is gone today. Weird.

If DH would wake up I need to clean the bedroom. The kids want to use some clay (polymer) that I have in a tote in the top of the closet, but I have a stack of stuff in front of the closet that I need to do something with. Dishes that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher last night are waiting to be washed. Mail needs to be sorted, read, and filed. I need to make this week's menu and shopping list. So much to do and so little I want to start. Guess I'll get a shower and get started on it.

Have a great day everyone!

luludou likes this.
  9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, peeps!

Took MJ to Ollie's this morning. I went over my budget, but I got three things for the baby and two cheap-o games for Samuel. Got a book by Max Lucado. It is a coffee table book, but I do not have a coffee table. Lol

We have a birthday party to go to later. If I did not love this lady so much, I would not go. She is in our quilt club. She is going to be 90 years old in a few days. And still drives! Wow! She is amazing!

I have things to do, but do not feel like doing them. Sigh. I need to see how the baby is. I have prayed so much for him.

Have a great day! Stay safe, now.

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. been sick since wed night feel better today, i know it was a touch of the flu with all the symptoms i had. still alittle week . last weekend of the water park at kings dominion my son took my grandson i wanted to go but i wanted to rest. happy sept1

11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Happily back home with no major trips coming up! Wahoo!

DH and I and most of the participants considered the caravan a great success. However there was one person who really gave a scathing review making me and DH look like idiots and the caravan like a poor value for it's cost. It has upset both of us terribly evening though17 out of 19 had good things to say. For some reason you can't easily push bad stuff out of your mind easily.

The rest of the weekend will be spent unloading the camper and trying to find places for things and generally declutter. I'm quite tired of seeing piles of stuff in all our rooms. Hope I can do something about it.

Otherwise there is food shopping to do and prep for Rosh Hashannah which starts on the 9th. DS and DDIL will not be here as they are visiting DDIL's grandparents in China. However, we've invited friends and will be 10 for dinner next Sunday night. The menu is relatively set - I just have to cook it;)

Pam - hope DGGS is better
    HW2 - glad you are feeling better
    Jess - I read Trevor Noah's book. He should be an interesting speaker
    Jane - glad you are not at the bakery anymore
    Lisa - hope you can get rid of the difficult students quickly
    Carrie - hope your leg is better and the fence gets finished
    Robin - it's terrible how quickly Florida roads can flood - stay safe
    Lana - doing well with the cleaning
    Deb - hope all your work gets done

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    Father's Day here and DS has given DH his present. We have made breakfast. Deciding whether or not to do roast pork for dinner or should I make vol-au-vents.
    Made 9 jars of strawberry jam yesterday, need to wash the jars as they are a bit sticky and pop them in the stockpile cupboard.
    DS and I have just made the Christmas wish list that goes on the fridge for people to write what the would like for Christmas.

Need to make lunches for the upcoming week and get some clothes folded so that I have something to wear lol.

13. missjane

I finished most of the stuff I needed to before we headed off to DD25's house. We planted everything she wanted to at this time. She'll plant more later when it's time.We went and ate at a new little restaurant. You choose 1 meat, three vegetables, and a roll or cornbread for $7.95. Add another meat for $2 more. It was alright...soul food, type place. I would eat there again.

Our new church year starts tomorrow. I'm teaching a Sunday school class...young married. I had them at night last year, and the lady who was doing mornings and I swapped. That means I really have to get up and get myself together in the morning on Sundays now. DS and his family will come for lunch tomorrow.

I cleaned out the refrigerator, rearranged some things in the deep freezer, and planned some menus for next week and the week after using some things that need to be used up. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a cold, now, but I'm using Zicam to try and keep it at bay...sneezing and nose running all day.

HW2, sorry you've been sick. DD25 said tonight that there is already flu, colds, and strep going around.

Hope you all rest well tonight.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

MissJane, hope that the cold does not progress.

Have spent the morning puttering around. Have soaked and washed the quilt cover, tidied the kitchen, refilled condiment bottles for the week. Have shaved legs and exfoliated feet, poor things have had a rough Winter.
    DD and BF need to be picked up from the airport at 9.20pm so still a long day ahead.
    Want to update the planner and maybe watch a movie, I have several recorded.

15. housewife2

16. housewife2

thanks i know a friend of mine said that too. no time to be sick but esp when its hot