Sweet Sunday 10.7.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Oct 7, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

It's a warm start to an October morning at 69*. It's supposed to climb to 83* today. Very unseasonable. I'm up early to go to mass, take M to religious ed, run to the grocery with the better deli while she is there, and pick her up. She has dance and Halloween Parade practice this afternoon/evening. In between, we will stop at my parents' for a short visit. So a busy, not refreshing, day off. lol

Katrina....I didn't know Australia did DST. How interesting.

Have a great day!

3. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning teachermomof2 and all who follow,

Had planned on another trip to the Thanksgiving market today as they extended it one day and I figured they might mark things down to clear the remnants out. Unfortunately I woke up to two sick kids, so I'm making tea and toast. It's also raining despite a prediction of a clear sunny day, so I guess I'm meant to stay inside and clear some more clutter. Maybe I'll make the rolls and cornbread and such to get a jump on tomorrow. Poor DD7 is upset she won't be able to enjoy the dinner since it hurts to swallow. If I hadn't already defrosted the turkey I'd just do it next weekend but too late for that. I can always freeze some turkey dinners for them. Think I'll add pumpkin soup to the menu.

Lana- When I need motivation I watch Hoarders or that documentary on Netflix on minimalism. :) It never fails to get me in gear to clean out more stuff I don't need.

Miss JoDee - Yes, unfortunately stainless is the new normal. When we bought appliances I was told for resale sake (for our house to look updated and modern) they needed to be stainless steel. I find them so hard to keep clean with little ones running around.

sweetpumpkinpye - I always try to stock up on the sales the year before. Save a lot of money that way, and we're prepared if the cold weather comes early. Sounds like you got some great deals :)

MrsSoup- you always seem so busy! Good for your DD to get her first babysitting job.

4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Everyone!

It was quite foggy here this morning. We were down to zero visibility, but the sun came out and burned a lot of it off. Gonna be a hot one today...86 is the projected high.

I have had my shower, and checking messages now. MJ doesn't feel up to going to church. She has a pain in her right shoulder area that kind of came out of the blue. Or she doesn't remember how she did it. If she still hurts later, I will take her to a doc in the box. Or the E.R. I get very concerned for her, because she is getting up there in years. I took her out for a bit last evening. We got gas, went to her house in the boonies to get her mail, her son's house to pick up his mail check his house (he is out of town), and then we got McD's. I had $5, and we ordered off the dollar menu. It was a feast!

Guess I should dry my hair and start getting ready for church. Oh my! I just noticed the time! Gotta get! Have a great day! Blessings to one and all.

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning, Been up a couple hours and working in dining room.

There is a fall festival at DuBois that starts at 11. Might run down to it. Teigan loves it and rides the horses so hope they take her.

I hate it being dark in the a.m. when waking up. Need to go throw tablecloth in wash.

Warm here too.

I went with white. Not a stainless steel person at this time. Bet at one time got away from white. Funny how our taste change.

Have a GREAT day!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  6. teachermomof2

White is a good choice Lana! I have stainless and it is a never ending battle to keep it clean and shiny. Stainless has come a long way in the last 9 years, so I'm sure there are better finishes out there. I'm not sure what we'll choose next, but many days I miss my white appliances.

7. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone.
    It is raining here. Suppose to rain off and on for the next 3 days. Our typical fall rains.
    Jody - excited you got your new appliances. I dislike stainless also. I have a stainless dishwasher and it is horrible to keep clean.
    Jess - how was DD babysitting job?
    Pam - you have had a busy day already
    FS - hope the children get better quick.
    Lisa - hope you have a restful night tonight since tomorrow is back to work

Not much going on here. The two little boys will be leaving in about an hour. Will have the girls at least until tomorrow evening. Then they will be back again on Thursday as they go to North Carolina. Then that will be the last for awhile.

Going to have the tree clearing out starting tomorrow unless the rain holds it up. The guy that owns the property next to mine is being such a jerk. He said DO NOT CUT ANY TREES ON MY SIDE!!! He is not even paying for any of the new fence that I am putting up. Oh well!!

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DD's babysitting job went well. She said the little girl was bossy and made her play doctor for hours. Haha But she was good. The babysitting class she went to kind of set them up for failure as they told them they should expect to be paid $10 an hour for the first child and then a little less for subsequent children. I thought that was a little steep and told DD as much. She got paid $5 an hour, so made $25 because she was there for 5 hours. I think she was a tiny bit disappointed she didn't get more, but not too much. I told her that most people will not pay that much for one child, especially for a 12 year old babysitting. She was happy to earn her own money for sure. She rode her bike there and back and cleaned up the house before the parents got home. I didn't even remind her to do that. I was going to, but decided not to and i'm glad that she was responsible enough to do it. :)

Last night DD and DS put the spiderweb up on the front porch. DD wanted to put the lights up but needed DS's help and he got lazy and wouldn't help her, so we'll do it today. I would like to get it finished up. Eli has to be at his Scout leaders house later this afternoon to continue working on a project. They will not go inside the house because of Eli's allergy to their cat. I hope he doesn't have to go to the bathroom! I would like to get to Walmart today or tomorrow for costumes.

Priority today is homework! I also need to get a run in and finish up week 2 of C25K.

Lisa- A Halloween Parade? How cool!
    FS- I hope the kids feel better quickly. My friend says the same thing, but I don't feel like i'm busy all the time. LOL
    Pam- Hope MJ is okay!
    Lana- Have fun at the festival! I'm dying to do something fallish, but it's just not really fall feeling on the island.
    Debbie- Your children are so lucky to have you!

Enjoy your day!

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Cloudy but warm here - unseasonably warm.

DH and DS did a lot on the garage - 5+ bags of garbage and a lot of recycling to go out. Of course the garage still looks full of stuff - always more to do. Had a nice dinner and then DS took an unused large monitor with him and the fellow who detailed the cars will be back to take 4 bar stools so decluttering is coming along. Perhaps I can get DH to work on some papers today.

Katrina - enjoy the races. So nice that it is an official holiday.
    Jess - congrats on DD's first babysitting job!
    Lisa - hope the day is less stressful than you imagine it will be
    Pam - hope MJ is doing better
    FS - glad to hear that DH is doing well
    Jody - I would go with white too, if I have a choice
    Debbie - I bet it will be nice not to have any kids around for a while

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    First work day of daylight savings and it was tough to get up. It always takes me a few days to get use to the time change, it is cold and dark.
    Work for me today and I am not sure what will greet me after having last week off. Hopefully the other two CW's were on top of things and there is just my normal jobs to do. I have a bit of a headache so an easy day would be good. I have to work an extra day this week so a longer week for sure.

Hoping that your days all turn out how you would want them to be,
    Much love,

11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I go my fall runners out and my throws. The buffet is cleared off. I washed the tablecloth but then found my leaf one. Will put it on and then just have kitchen counters to clean off. Allen has stuff to take outside.

Guess spaghetti for supper

12. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I worked on schoolwork all morning and DH and I went to the PX quickly for toilet paper and new front tires for the push mower. He went into work early to see how they run the electronic scan sheets once everyone has taken their tests. DD is off with our friends for a day of exploring. I watched The Cabin in the Woods and am now watching Twister and getting ready to work on some more schoolwork. Eli is outside playing and DS is upstairs on his computer playing games. He's supposed to be mowing the yard but the grass is staying wet because of the humidity i'm assuming, and it's quite long, so it's hard to mow. I told him it will be done today and it may rain later.

I have to run Eli to Scouts in about 45 minutes and i'm hoping they don't expect me to stay. I have stuff to do. Having double scout stuff both days of the weekend wasn't very smart planning either.

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. We went to church this morning and tonight. I took a much needed day of rest. Other than putting some lunch in the crock pot and cooking a couple of sides to go with it before we left for church this morning, I haven't done much of anything today. I put out a few fall decorations around the house. That's all.

I had thought I wanted stainless appliances when we have to replace ours, but maybe not if all of you think you like the white. Re-sale is not really something we have to think about.

Tomorrow starts homecoming week with a different dress up day each day. Tomorrow is favorite scary character. I don't have any costumes...thought about Lucie and how she would have had something for every day this week. DGS's last football game is tomorrow night. My sister from Texas is coming home some time later in the week for a very short visit. She'll be staying at my mom's house. DGS#2 has a ball game Saturday morning. I had wanted to go to a yard sale at an antique mall Saturday about 3 hours away from us, but we'll see about that.

Jess, maybe they scheduled stuff for both days in case some people could come one day, but not the other? Glad DD's baby sitting went well.
    Lana, I hate the being dark when I get up, too. It makes me feel as if I'm getting up in the middle of the night. I love that we're all getting things decorated for fall.
    Katrina, daylight saving time nearly kills me. Hope the day was an easy one and your headache has gotten better, not worse.
    Debbie, it's nice to get things out. How so we manage to collect so much?! Hopefully, DS and DH will continue making a big dent in getting things cleared out.
    Doodlebug, why do people have to be that way? How is DDIL doing?
    Lisa, I hope the day was a little more relaxing than what you thought it would be.
    Pam, MJ is lucky to have you. I hope she got to feeling better today.
    FS, so sorry the girls are sick and your day didn't go as you had wanted it to. Glad to hear that DH is doing well. Hope everything checks out at his yearly check-up.

Night, everyone...praying you all have a safe, enjoyable week.

luludou likes this.
  14. MrsSoup

Jane- Glad you rested some today. Yesterday was the Painting with a Twist for one elective and today is part 2 of another one. All Scouts needed to be at both events or will have to make them up on their own somehow. I think it was just poor planning on their part being that it's not only a holiday weekend, but the beginning of Fall Break for the kids. If we weren't on an island in the middle of the Pacific most people probably would have been away.

The mower isn't working, keeps locking up, so the yard isn't mowed. I hope DH can fix it, otherwise we'll have to buy a new one tomorrow. I'm almost done with my schoolwork, just a little bit more to go and i'm all caught up and done with this unit.

I miss my stainless steel appliances. Aside from fingerprints, I find our white ones show every bit of dirt and grime much easier.

15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It is almost 10 and I am going to shower.

Front Room, Dining Room and Kitchen done. Dishwasher I am going to start and I just washed and dried a few.

Been watching Hallmark Harvest movies while working.

16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Jane you are right about that :) I would have costumes for the week!