Sweet Sunday 5.13.08

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by angelpugs, May 13, 2018.

1. angelpugs

angelpugs Active Member

Good morning everyone,hope all you lovely moms are enjoying your special day,as it's a quiet early am here but,later it will be off to church as all the ladies will receive a rose for Mother's Day,after service it will be home to enjoy sitting on my deck as my son bbq's.Have an amazing Mother's Day Everyone. Animated-Happy-Mothers-Day.gif

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Happy Mother's Day to all!

Heading to mass, then to visit the moms and to dance for the evening. Hope you all have a lovely day!

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone. Happy Mother's Day to all who are one!!!

After finishing everything, except the shopping yesterday, I went to the Crowville house. My mom came later. I hadn't planned to be there all day, but ended up staying until around 5:00. The gas meter had been taken out, but they are coming Tuesday to re-install one, so I worked in the green house getting the old heater in it unhooked from the gas line. The heater will have to be replaced because it's shot from so many years of neglect. I had to call and get DH to help me...not enough muscle to break the pipes loose. :rolleyes: I'm glad that's done, though, so I can work this summer on getting the green house repaired. I'm so excited!

I was going to stop at Walmart on the way home, but when I checked myself before going in, in the mirror, I realized I have granny beads on my neck :oops:, so I ran home and took a bathe. Then, I went back to Walmart. I could have cleaned up before leaving the Crowville house, but didn't realize I'd gotten so dirty.

DH gave me a Fitbit Ionic for Mother's Day. I was super surprised and excited! We're going to DS's house for supper tonight. I have a brisket in the oven to take tonight....cooks an hour per pound. I bought a cobbler and will make a Coca-cola cake to take. DDIL's mom and DGS#1 love it. I had asked for a machete to work on cutting down brush at the Crowville house. DD21 gave me that. She can't come home this weekend, but she had DH pick it up and give it to me. I didn't ask for the Fitbit at all.

I bought a vintage farm house sink yesterday off eBay to put into the laundry room at the Crowville house. DH and I are going to have to drive to Frankfurt, Ohio to pick it up, so that will be the first road trip of the summer. We just have to figure out exactly when we want to go.

Well, I've written a book....

Angel pugs, enjoy the time with your son.
    Lisa, hope you enjoy your day.

Do something nice for yourself today...you deserve it!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Happy Mother's Day to all MHHers

I am up ready to spread some of my Mother's day gift around my flowers. Yes, I asked Dh for manure for my plants. lol LC1 came by yesterday with a Mother's Day Cream colored rose bush for me. DD actually had a card for me which is nice. For the last several years she hasn't been thinking of others.

I on the other hand didn't get Mother's Day gifts for anyone. I'm rather hit and miss with this Holiday. Some years I get the staff items but for some reason I didn't get that far.

Twillow just came into my room meowing. I followed him back to his food dish. He needed his dry cat food stirred up. lol

Enjoy this last day of the weekend. Prep your menu for the week to reduce the stress.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha! Happy Mother's Day!

I was up early. One side of my nose was clogged up. I didn't set up my diffuser last night. I got up shortly before 6 and came downstairs. DH is going to get the good donuts this morning from Sugar Coated but they don't open until 8:30. The kids are still asleep, or at least upstairs in their rooms. I have the back door open since the VOG isn't supposed to be around.

Not sure what to do today. The beach is out and hiking is out because of DD's cast, unless we went without the kids. I would love to go to the beach and get some sun. DD has girl scouts this afternoon. I also wouldn't mind getting some plants and finally putting something in my big half barrels and getting the front porch pretty. Hmm.

Enjoy your day!!

6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I think you were spot on, Diedra, when you said in your Facebook post - "I'm sure at sometime in your life, someone called you a mother". It's a tough time of year for those who don't have children, for those who have lost children, for those who can't have children but I think everyone can think of a moment such as this. The time you helped out with a group of young people or baked cupcakes for your peers or gave advice when someone needed it,...helping...giving...mentoring...caring. Those are all mom things, whether you did them for your children or for others. And let's not forget all those who are moms to four-legged friends, they give so much.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day, everyone!

7. MrsSoup

Absolutely agree Pamela and Diedra!

DH and I went to O'Reilly's to get a part for the car and then decided to wait and check to see if it is still under warranty (it's not). So he'll have to go back and get the needed part. We got donuts from Sugar Coated and two cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon roll wasn't as good as it has been in the past, was greasy so I didn't eat very much of it. I much rather would have gone to a brunch somewhere, but they are expensive and no one else would have enjoyed it. Maybe next year my friend and I can go together and leave everyone else at home. haha

Still not sure what the day will hold.

8. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Happy Mother's day to everyone who fills that role to 2 and 4 legged babies

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I know, isn't brunch a killer these days? I looked for Easter but it was ridiculous. I don't care how lovely the setting may be, $100 for the two of us is crazy. We went to the winery today and they had a brunch menu, because it was Sunday, and all the entrees had reasonable prices.

MrsSoup likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to you all.
    I had a lovely Mother's Day. DS gave me a beautiful bunch of white roses and a card with roses on it. DD bought me a new ipad as my old one was starting to play up. I will give DS my old one to play games on.
    Had my mum over for lunch she only stayed a little while and then took DD home. I finished the afternoon by doing some folding and soaking the linens from lunch.

Work for me today, week 3 of extra shifts. I think I will have at least the next 2 weeks doing extras as new CW needs to leave her current job.
    Then I suppose there will be a week or so of training so potentially 3-4 more weeks. I think it will be well into June before things get back to normal.

My facebook told me that 4 years ago DD and I were in Las Vegas!!!!! Need to start planning to come back.

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

happy mothers day to all. worked a half day it was so busy people love to eat at cracker barrel. then went over my daughters for brunch . it was 16 of us had avery nice day. very hot out and its still 87at 6.00 enjoy the rest of your day

12. MrsSoup

DH and I went for a ride around the island. I'm getting ready to take DD to girl scouts and run to the Commissary. Exciting! Not sure what dinner will be yet, but I at least have to get her poptarts for breakfast so she doesn't starve. haha The kids each got me a rose and some candy and Eli added in a balloon.