Sweet Sunday, June 9, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Jun 9, 2019.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH World!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. missjane

Hi, everyone!

We have church in about an hour. I woke up at 5:45 and went back to sleep. I should have stayed up, because I don't think I'm going to finish dinner before time to go. We'll see.

I hope you all have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

I slept in some this a.m..

The counters are Jaymees got put in yesterday and they look so nice. 1 counter had to have a splice but its okay. Now just a few tiles in the bath and she'll do a kitchen backsplash.

Carol and my cousin decided to stay until tomorrow so will go to Kims again pretty soon. Would like to go to Goodwill when in town there. Yesterday they came and saw Jaymees and then we went to 3 cemeteries and stopped at the Shakes and Ladders flea market.

Got rain last night. Kim and I went out to look at her garden and flowers and it started. We sat out back probably 1/2 or more and others came out and it rainded and rained. Got home about 11:30.

Allen is going to give Joise a bath and then take her to Radom. Will be pet free then. Jaymee took Boomer when they started staying. The cats fight but think they are missing each other. I love animals but after our last cat was gone we decided no more inside. So......

Suppose I better shower and see about maybe a dessert for tonight.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We are heading to brunch in a while, meeting the girl scout leader and family at 10 at a restaurant. They made reservations so we shouldn't have to wait for a table. They fly out tomorrow to Virginia. We'll be sad to see them go, they are good people and DD really enjoyed scouts because of them. She will not continue since they are leaving. Not sure what we'll do after that, if anything.

I could come home and read and be happy or work on schoolwork or clean up some areas of the house, many things that could be done today.

Jane- A lot of VA hospitals give questionable care unfortunately. I'm not sure why, maybe they don't pay the doctors enough to care, but they still all took an oath to do no harm, however that seems to fall by the wayside a lot.
    Lana- So glad the counters got put in finally!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon. Yesterday was busy, busy busy with housechores. Mirror got put up in bathroom... it is now officially done (I need to buy toilet paper holder, new bath carpet and odds & ends... and a big painting (unless I decide to make it but not sure since I have never done anything very big).
    Sis called and we met her, bil, aunt & uncle in town for supper last night and walked around a bit. Sis sure had a hard time climbing the hills, we all need to get back in shape . Went to bed around 11.

This morning is housechores again... going outside in a few.... a quiet afternoon is in my plans. need to menu plan for the week.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Cake in the oven--Quick Black Forest Cake and have a dip in crockpot.

Allen and Jaymee just left for Mt. Vernon and will get Teigan from Ninja Warrior. Well, Ryan will take her and Jay will go in and they will come to Centralia after that.

I need to go thru some baby material and see what I have to do burp rags and washcloths.

Hoping to be home before 11-11:30 tonight. So peaceful sitting out on Kims patio. Its in town (actually on the very outskirts) but she has a fence all the way around.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Go for making it. If you do not like it you can then buy one.

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

DD's friend called early this morning to come mop our floors so we had an early start. Now the bathrooms, kitchen and laundry rooms are all done. Last week was this friends birthday so we gave her gifts and a card. She was so polite she didn't open two of her gifts (underwear per her request) because my Dh was watching. It was very cute of her. I gave her gift cards (Walmart and Subway), Birthday cake chapsticks, an eye cleaning cloth to hook on her purse and mini silicone kitchen spoons. Unfortunately the bakery in town was closed for a funeral. So no treats.

I've been vacuuming downstairs and DD is now getting the trash ready which includes her cleaning the cat box.

Next I'll try to get the mail looked at and pay some medical bills. Dh has done the shopping for stepmother including on getting her a hamburger and fries. Dh said she wouldn't want the fries (unhealthy
    and not organic) but said she was eating them saying how good they were before he left her house. She still isn't feeling well. Probably feeling like a 89 year old should with a terrible case of shingles. It isn't pleasant. She won't put saran wrap on it to reduce the pain and taking the pain pills makes her drowsy. So I think we've done all we can for now.

It's cloudy and might rain so Dh ran out to finish the mowing. Now it probably will not rain. lol

Not sure what I had planned for tonights dinner. I'll have to look around because I was sure I had Dh buy something yesterday for dinner tonight. lol Maybe we will have to eat ice cream instead.

LC22 thinks she might work tomorrow unless something else comes up.

Enjoy yourself with something special.

Ok, now I want french fries. lol

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. work then went to target ate lunch from subway. picked up grandson . rain earlier now the sun is out. spaghetti for dinner.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. missjane

Hi, everyone.

I finished dinner and was only about 5 minutes late for Sunday school this morning, so not so bad. I still have decluttering to do. It's going very slowly, but I'm not in the mood to deal with finding places for where I want to put things that came home from school...mostly office type stuff, but also some reference books.

I've got a slight cough coming on with some sinus drainage and my throat's a little sore. I'll have to see what we have in the medicine cabinet to take. Feel sort of foggy.

DS is thinking of changing teaching jobs. He'll make significantly more money in a different school district. I hope it's the right decision if he does. I'm worried about how it will work out for DGS#1. He'll be a an 8th grader this coming school year and in high school the next. If DS teaches and coaches outside our district, DGS would play ball for a different school than where DS is coaching unless he changes schools and goes where DS teaches. Whole new set of friends, etc. Oh, well....won't think about that now.

Knock on wood...we don't have anything planned for this week. Hopefully, no major crisis will happen and we'll have no funerals, surgeries, or wakes to attend. :eek: I need to menu plan since we'll actually be home to eat. The refrigerator is full of watermelon we need to eat. DD22 and I need to go swimming suit shopping one day this week. I have bottoms. I need tops to go with them.

Faye, enjoy DGS! I started to make spaghetti for dinner today, but have made it several times recently.
    Diedra, shingles! YUCK! I hope she does okay and heals quickly. I need to join you on taking care of some bills and stuff.
    Lucie, I know you must love that the bathroom is finally finished. Hope you find all just the right accessories for it.
    Lana, what a relief that most of the things at Jaymee's house are in place. I know what you mean about no more inside animals. Even after our outside cats are "gone," I'm not so sure we'll get any more.
    Jess, I'm sorry your friends are moving on. Another sacrifice of military families. :(

Later.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I completely forgot to get leis for our friends so we ran by the PX on our way out and picked some up. After two years of being on island you would think I would be used to that tradition by now. :rolleyes: We arrived with 10 minutes to spare and they pulled in as we were walking up to the restaurant. We gifted the leis and heading in. We were seated immediately and had a great time. We paid for their brunch and she gifted me a bottle of Stella Rose (I think) wine. I'm not a huge wine drinker but have never had that kind before so will try it.

We have no plans for the rest of the day. I need to run out at some point and try to find a nicer lei for DH for tomorrow, not sure where to find what i'm picturing. Pretty sure the PX doesn't have them so might have to run out to Walmart which I need to go to anyway for a few other things. Tomorrow marks 20 years of service for DH and the Commander is secretly getting a cake and doing something for him in the morning. The kids and I will sneak over to the motorpool for it unbeknownst to DH so I have to make up a reason we're leaving before he does, unless he ends up leaving early tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Later!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, folks!

I had a really lousy night last night. Not too much sleep. I need to get a pill splitter. I am tired of my sleep med getting stuck in my throat and practically choking to death. I was going to go to the last revival service tonite, but I am so stinkin tired, I thought I had best stay home. I think I slept about ten minutes this afternoon. Big whoop!

I need to call and make an appointment to get my eyes checked this week. It has been 7 or 8 years since I last had them checked.

After church this a.m., I finished up my grocery shopping and still did NOT get everything on the list. But I got lots of meat this time, so I can have a lot of meals. I sometimes like a bowl of cereal for supper, and that makes it easy. Literally half if what I had on my list for Aldi's was not on the shelves! Grrrrr! But I will make do with what I have. It is so hard to cook for one person.

I took MJ out for lunch. We went to our favorite bakery's cafe. I got a turkey wrap. She got 1/2 chicken salad sandwich and a bowl of tomato bisque soup. Coffee, and a cookie came with our meals. Today, they were snicker doodles. Then, before we left, I bought some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and some cranberry orange muffins. I love those things. And their muffins are HUGE.

I still have groceries in the car to bring in. And a bunch to put away. Plus the t.p. Lol sure would not want anyone to steal THAT.

Watching the Cubs play right now. But the peeps on ESPN, including Alex Rodriguez, talk too much about other than what is on the screen. I do love my Cubbies! A-Rod...not as much.

While it is still light out, I think I will get the groceries in. I will put them away tomorrow. After I get home from Bible Study. Hope you are enjoying a pleasant Sunday evening. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning,
    It is a holiday Monday here to celebrate the Queen's Birthday. It is our last long weekend until the first week of October so a long time before we get another break. Seems silly that we don't get a break through the longest and coldest days of the year.
    I spent all of yesterday in bed, I have not done that in years. I am feeling a little better today and will just take it easy trying to get things dine. If they don't get done they will still be there later in the week so no point getting upset over it.
    DH is in the kitchen preparing the bacon that I bought while shopping so I think that bacon and eggs will be on the menu for dinner. I need to run to the shops and get bread and milk and maybe some chicken so that I can do a chicken and broccoli casserole for tomorrow night.

Hoping to get an afternoon nap in.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

A quiet day here, I spent most of the day in bed, this cold is knocking me around a bit.
    Have made Chicken and broccoli casserole and will have that for dinner tomorrow night. DS has gone to fill my car with petrol and will bring back Maccas. I am happy with that. Then a shower and back to bed for me.

Night all

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019