Swirling Saturday June 9th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

The title may not be spelled right--

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I have several things I need to do today and just don't know where to start! And would really like to do other stuff---LOL!!!

Picked up last night. Got off about 3:40 and ran by to tell Aunt Imogene what time Kim was having moms party tom..

Allen was going to go to an auction this a.m. but him and a guy ran over to Mt. Vernon last night to look stuff over and nothing they were interested in. Need to run to Mt. Vernon and get a few things and go to the bank and then will have to go back and get moms cake either tonight or in a.m..

Need to look for my tote of baby material, our ice cream freezer I need to get out and also need to find Teigans life jacket and floatie thingie.

Had 14 fish and down to 8. My pretty white with orange dots is gone. Might have to put chicken wire over the top. Coons would still be able to get thru that but more of a problem for them.

My older sister and her partner are taking mom out today for her birthday and want me to go......sounds nice but I told them I doubt it. Either to Cheddars or a new big German place in Belleville that opened in the spring. About 45 minutes away to either.

We are interested in this lot in town but seems the guy thinks he owns more than he does. Allen spent time in Nashville at the court house and a title company yesterday and they all looked stuff up and said no. It is 160' long and the guy says like 130 or so wide but is only 75'. And like I said the people who live east of it will not answer their door. Neighbors say they are NEVER outside. Allen has left a couple notes and they are gone and you see blinds move when you knock. Have a boy but never out. Nobody seems to know where the line is because several people has said it goes to this one little ditch and that is where you think it would. The people only mow up to it so everybody but the deed thinks it is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (when they mow) Very nice lot but..............

Suppose I better move along. The baby I need to sew for (due in couple weeks around the 20th or so) was born on the 7th!

Have a GREAT day!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    luludou likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Last night dh's cousin and wife came to chat and left around 10:00 pm. was awake at 5:00 with kitty-cat climbing the screen window!
    dh is now vaccuming truck before we leave for wedding. my stuff is already in the car, only dh's left. need to go take a bath and get my hair set. dd is leaving this afternoon for supper, and night at a friend's house then they will climb a mountain tomorrow and she will come back to pick up her stuff to go home tomorrow night. ds & girlfriend are here too. dh picked up a washer & dryer for them yesterday - they had bought used on FB.
    will be back on here only tomorrow night or Monday. have a great weekend!​

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. very busy day at work . guess everyone wanted to have some good food. its sunny then cloudy. anyone watch good girls series

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We took breakfast over to our friends early this morning. They are getting their household goods today and the trucks were supposed to be there between 8-9. They were going to move the loaner furniture to the garage so DH wanted to help. We came home and went on a quick motorcycle ride up to North Shore and back. We rode by their house on our way home and the trucks weren't there yet and it was a quarter to 10. They were pulling up as we left. Apparently they didn't bring a clipboard so one of the kids ran down to our house to borrow one. Usually the movers provide one.

DH is off to work today. He applied at the college for the MSF course and they had him come in for the afternoon course. He won't get paid for today, more of a training thing, so he'll be laying cones for the afternoon class. I'm going to get my two tests taken here shortly and out of the way and then go tackle DS's room. Later on once the trucks are gone, DD can go over and help her friend organize her bedroom.

No other plans for today really. Work tonight as usual. There was a problem yesterday that my boss called me about last night. Apparently two pallets came in yesterday at some point and the contract stockers stocked some of my Nissin after some manager or someone flagged it. I shopped yesterday morning and my stuff looked just like it did the night before so they didn't stock it until later. My boss got notified and was mad that they flagged it and did that. She called to give me a heads up about it. I told her that those pallets were NOT there the night before, I had one pallet and I emptied it and stocked my shelves to the best of my ability with the stock I had. She thought that they had messed up my shelves and put things in the wrong places and wanted me to take pictures if they had made a mess and told me not to fix it. They hadn't and had actually stocked it correctly, so there was no proof to send her. She was going to take it to the Commissary manager because apparently this has been an ongoing fight and he doesn't realize or care that we don't get paid by the hour like his stockers and we aren't there 24/7, like his stockers, and we are only there in the evenings.

Lana- Sounds like a survery may need to be done to be sure, but if you're not going to buy it then I wouldn't bother.
    Lucie- Have a nice trip!
    Hi HW2

Enjoy your day!

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

It has been ungodly hot here today. I took MJ to lunch today. Lordy, the humidity was really high! Got a new LTD catalog, so she looked at it first. I looked at it at home. Several ice things in it, but the shipping is high. I am gonna have to really watch it this year at Christmas. I still hope to make Jennifer a reversible table runner for either her b/d or Christmas.

I have just been resting today. It is too hot to do anything else. We did get a little rain. Hope we get some more. The crops need it!

Guess that is it for me. Stay cool, Peeps!

7. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

Warm day here, but cloudy. I enjoyed sleeping late on this first day of vacation. Then worked on laundry, a few chores, and made a big lunch for the family before H left for work. Once that was cleaned up, I read for awhile. Then we went to mass and out to eat. J is moving around a bit more, but is in constant pain. I feel so bad for him.

Just hanging out tonight after sweeping the porch and putting more laundry into the washer and dryer.

Have a lovely night!

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Sunday here and it looks like the rain has gone for now. Still trying to catch p on washing and I hope to get that done today.
    One of my DrillDance girls is coming over today to help select music for a one of our routines this year. She has a great heart but tends to be a bit opinionated so we will see how it goes. Then this afternoon I would like to sit and catch up on some recorded shows and do a bit of folding and some crochet if I can.
    Yesterday I did a lot of cleaning so I am fairly caught up with that for now.
    Hope to pop back on later and see what your day is like.

Much love.

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! It was a lovely day today and a lovely night as the Mets are beating the Yankees in the Subway series!

DH and I took Buffy to a 10th anniversary party at her day care - everyone was quite pleased to see her and us and we checked out where she would be staying while we are in Salem. Got propane and then I sat and organized my caravan stuff so my room looks a bit better now. Also started going through some clothes and I have a lot of pants that don't fit. I really need to lose some weight but have no inspiration to do it and it seems that even when I seem to eat less nothing happens. Oh well.

Chinese take out for dinner and relaxing now - maybe knitting later.

Lana - what will you and Allen do with the property in town?
    Jess - glad your friends are finally moved in
    Jody - thinking of DD
    Lucie - enjoy the weekend
    Lisa - glad summer is off to a good start
    Katrina - enjoy the holiday weekend
    Deb - what a snazzy look you have now
    Hi Pam and HW2

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I was all set to start on my homework and then my computer decided to update. It was one of those take forever updates too. So I decided to go ahead and tackle DS's room while I waited. I got dishes going in the dishwasher from breakfast first and took out the trash and cleaned up the kitchen a bit. DD helped with his room a bit. Took a full trash bag out. Found an entire dresser drawer full of schoolwork, most of it never turned in/graded. Some of it things that he told me he turned in this past quarter. I have several loads of laundry to do from his room, found about 4-5 towels in there as well. Aside from the laundry and needing to find somewhere to put the computer, it's done. I want the bed taken apart and out. We need to get him a frame or a new bed. The wood one DH made is no longer sufficient for DS's heavier body and the legs shift whenever he moves. If I knew where the tools were or which ones to use I would have taken it apart myself.

My friend called and sent her kids down so her littlest could get a nap. She fell asleep in the stroller on the way here and is sleeping heavily in the front room in her stroller. I have been reading my last chapter before I will take my two tests and working on the laundry from the dungeon room. haha I just got a text from one of my merchandisers and she somewhat organized one of my houses today. Some of the stuff in there isn't mine, she keeps putting it in there. It's our Company's stuff so I really can't say much. But it's in my way. LOL They have another house they could put it in. Oh well. I may consolidate it into one area if I have time one day.

I better get back to reading!