Tackle It Thursday May 16, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, May 16, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Everybody!

2. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning!
    223 days to go!

They said on the radio this morning that it is five weeks until the days start getting shorter again as we approach winter. Really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?!

Cold and rainy here again. Another day for cleaning and sorting.

Have a great day everyone!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I have the dishwasher and washer going. Have made tea and have washed and put away dishes that I don't put in dishwasher.

Today would of been my Thursday off but things got changed around. Oh well. I did get off about 1 1/2 hours earlier last night. I stopped by a thrift store and found a few clothes for Teigan plus a Doc McStuffins floor puzzle, and a Frozen book with 12 play pieces and a few small bowls for her. Then brought McDonalds home. Allen was at moms trimming bushes and trees and Jaymee and Teigan were playing at the school. So we ate outside at moms. I know moms and Aunt Imogenes and others that Allen mows for needs stuff done BUT.......so does our house. Oh well (again) it will either get done or still be here!

We had .8 of rain yesterday during the night and temps were nice yesterday.

Allen will have to run down and let a guy in at Radom, it is the day to see Aunt Im, I am sure he has a couple places that need mowed.

Hope everybody is good in there part of the woods!

I have been coughing etc for about 2 months. Now my left eye (had stye on right) and some on right is itchy and matted stuff sometimes gets in corners. It to shall pass.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good title today Lana as that is just what I plan to do today. I housework and desk work and I also hope to get outside for some yard work before it rains, I have one bedroom almost ready to paint but will do that when it rains. I am having trouble deciding if I should rip up the carpets in the two bedrooms I am working on or clean them. I have no idea what the floors look like underneath and I am not sanding and refinishing floors. I suppose I could put down a large rug if they're bad something to ponder.

Time to get moving starting with getting ready for the day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Today is Sophia's interview at the high school where she hopes to do her student teaching. I can't wait to talk to her tonight and see how it went. Tomorrow she meets with the owner of a boutique in the historic area about work for the summer. She's still house and pet sitting, I'm not sure how long it's been since she slept in her own apartment!

I didn't get back on here last night - too pooped by the time I got home. Whereas our old bus driver must have been a Formula One driver in a prior life, this new one believes in slow and steady and although I do feel safer, it also takes longer because we end up in the middle of the commuter traffic. Oh, well, better slow and steady and safe. I started watching what I thought was Season 8 of Call the Midwife on Netflix (thought it was strange that it was out already because I think it's still on PBS) and it ended up being just the Christmas special. It was two parts though so that took up the evening. Just over a week to go until I leave for Virginia, thinking ahead to what to pack. Don't want to take too much, still have some clothes there.

Received a message from the furniture store that the remaining half of my couch is scheduled for delivery on Saturday. I will hear tonight about my delivery window (a four-hour window I think, really hope I'm in the early part of the day).

File plan review this morning, going through the files to make sure everything is labeled properly. We have SO many rules about record-keeping retention and disposal.

Have a great day everyone!

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I love the idea of taking up the carpets.

7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

The more I think on it the more I am inclined to "do it' my word for 2019. Just have to keep DH out of it. He doesn't like change.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

god afternoon oicked up ny grandson from pre school only 2 more days. we went to o charleys for lunch. nice day out . going to go outside for a bit

Lana and luludou like this.
  9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon.
    Bathroom cabinets… they redid part of the doors, now seems they will redo the side of the armoire… so this weekend I will take out everything AGAIN … seems like an never-ending job. Lana makes me think of Jaymee and how it takes time!
    I've decided to take next Tuesday off (vacation day) ;) yep using up the vacation banks, sick days, and overtime bank. I've got an appointment for electrolysis and facial Tuesday afternoon.

Just finished watching the movie 'a simple favor' on the usb key at noon at my desk. Think I'll do that more often at noon.
    No Spanish but I had an adjustment to my jaw (seems it might effect my feet?) at least she didn't charge me - took about 5 minutes.

Came into work at 7:15 (late for me!) as dh had a full physical this Morning for the company he's working for.

Have a great day

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Only if you bite your toenails

luludou, halimer and MrsSoup like this.
  11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I woke up not feeling well, again. So tired of this nasal crud, wish it would take a hike. I also have a tooth that is hurting and it's one with a crown that I had a root canal on long ago. I'm waiting to see if maybe it's just the congestion flaring it up as it comes and goes, but will most likely end up having to go to the dentist to see if there's an infection underneath the crown. I did some research and saw that it happens.

This morning I need to make Irish Soda Bread for the FRG potluck this evening before I head to the Spouses Club Luncheon. I also need to grab a shower before I head out. I will come home and have some time before I need to head to my hair appointment so will try to get my workout in then. Eli has baseball practice at the same time as the meeting this evening so not sure which one of us will drop him off but it will happen. Lots of running around today. I will be happy to have my hair fixed though. DD is calling me bread because my hair is still red on top but brown on the bottom. LOL

I need to call the tour and cancel DS's plan and then this afternoon call and make his MRI appointment. I also need to call and make his next appointment with the behavioral health lady and figure out a time to take him in for his fasting bloodwork. I also have a prescription to pick up.

FS- Nooooo, I don't want shorter days, I need more hours as it is.
    Lana- Should probably get that cough checked out. Seems like there are lots of people with a prolonged cough, at least here on the island. Weird.
    Jody- You're getting a lot done! You could pull up a corner and see what's underneath.
    Pamela- Good luck to Sophia!
    Hi Faye!
    Lucie- Interesting that your jaw affects your feet.

Enjoy your day!

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! For the second day in a row it is sunny with pleasant temperatures! Wahoo!

Did about 6 loads of laundry yesterday, some straightening, and got the cushions from our camper brought into the upholstery store so they can make the slip covers. The covers will be red - currently the upholstery is white - not great when camping.

I also wrote up a "proposal" to have our Airstream Club overnight at Citifield for some Mets games next year and they actually seem interested! More stuff to work on! And I sent out the first notice about our 2020 NYS caravan so I am dealing with that feedback too and planning for our August recon of the area. Almost too much on my plate but guess it is better to keep busy.

Tonight is pizza as Sheldon has pizza on Thursday night and tonight is the last of the Big Band Theory. DH figures the elevator will finally be fixed!

No, no Lucie - no toenail biting!
    Pamela - how much stuff do you still have in VA?
    Jane - hope the graduation brouhaha works itself out with minimal further annoyance to you
    Katrina - I love to think of hearty winter dishes going into the freezer
    Faye - enjoy your outside sit
    Jody - I want to pull up my carpet and get floors!
    Jess - busy day ahead!
    Hi Diedra, Lana and FS

13. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening ladies!

It was warmer and sunny today, which was a nice change from all the rain. It won't be around for long, as more rain is moving in this weekend. I went to school today. 1 more day this week. Thank heaven! They are doing benchmark testing this week...14/18 of my readers made the goal and 2 were just shy of it. The ones who didn't make it, didn't do my fluency boot camp during intervention. I think there is a connection. ;) Behaviors are out of control this week. SMH....and my tolerance level for said behaviors is very, very low. :p 16 more days! Woot!

I went to DG after school to pick up some things, came home and scheduled a hair cut for myself, did some general pick up, sorted mail, laid out clothes for tomorrow, vac'd the first floor and dusted the bedroom. I also spot treated some stains on the carpet in the hall and den. I'm tackling my chores today. J is cutting grass. H is finally home and is helping as well. We have push mowers and I think it's getting to be too much for J. He keeps looking for lawn tractors, but doesn't want to spend the money.

Lana....I think you asked how long I've been teaching? This is the end of my 25th school year. My 20th in the school district.
    Jane...hope the graduation stuff settles. I'm glad your admin is taking a stand.

I guess it's time to make dinner....the family is hungry. I think we need a new rule....someone else cooks one night a week.

Have a great evening!

14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

The graduation saga was finalized today. The vandalizing students will walk in this year's graduation per the superintendent's decision, but will have to pay a $100 fine before tomorrow night in order to walk and complete a certain number of community service hours at school before they will receive their diploma. We always hold diplomas anyway until the ceremony is over, because if they are disruptive during it, they don't receive their diploma until the week following, and someone has to come to the school to get it. I'm disappointed that they're being allowed to walk, but at the same time, it would have been a very ugly situation if they hadn't walked. You probably would have seen us on the national news. It involved 24 students.

DD put a roast in the oven for me, and I made rice and squash when I got home. We've eaten, and I thought DGSs played at 6:30 and 7:00 tonight, but as it turns out, DGS#1 is playing right now! DH just called to tell me...so I'll talk to all of you later!

15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I made the Irish Soda Bread this morning. It sure looks good. The luncheon was nice. I got a lei and Starbucks gift card as a thank you for being on the board this past year and then got brought up again and recognized as part of the new board for next year. My neighbor sat next to me and won a bunch of stuff. Near the end they were drawing tickets for leftover Club items they had and there was a butter dish they set out and I mentioned that I needed one of those for this evening so I could take butter with my bread. My neighbor's ticket got drawn again so she grabbed the butter dish for me. Sweet of her, especially since we don't really talk all that often or hang out together. Anyway, now I have a butter dish and I already washed it and put a stick of butter in it to soften for this evening. She said she has two at home anyway. :)

I came home and did my workout and thought I was going to throw up. It was a HIIT workout and with my nasal congestion and postnasal drip, the heavy breathing made me almost puke. Ick! I only did 2 of the 4 rounds and am recovering on the couch. haha I guess I shouldn't have skipped two days this week. My body needed the rest. I thought it would help me recover from whatever is going on but apparently not because it's still hanging around. :rolleyes: I need to check Google Maps and see how long it's going to take me to get to the hair place and figure out what time I need to leave. I'll have to go straight from there to the FRG meeting I think. I have the bread all wrapped up and ready to go for DH to grab.

Lisa- Glad school is almost over for you.
    Jane- I'm glad things will be in place for next year and that those seniors that pulled the prank this year will have to do something to make amends.
    Debbie- Red is probably a much better color when camping. White would show everything!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning,
    Friday here and a bitsy day. I have a lot to do and a short amount of time to do it in. I am still trying to catch up on Wednesday's work.
    Got a message last night from my boss that she has scheduled a meeting for the admin staff tonight at 5.15. I don't want to go anywhere at 5.15 on a Friday, especially to work. :mad:
    Tomorrow is a full day, DrillDance fund raiser starting at 8am-12 o'clock, home for a while and then the team is going to see POMS and then to our annual Meet and Greet Dinner. It will be a great day but a long one.

Jess, if the tooth that is bothering you is in the upper jaw it could just be pressure from the buildup in the sinuses.

17. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Diedra you crack me up! not sure I have the flexibility for toe-nail biting :) :)

just resting tonight - crochet, tea and tv

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just popped out quickly to give poor DD one of my migraine pills. It must be the week for migraines as DH,DD and I have all had one.
    Better get moving with the house work

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Hello. It has been a long week. Dd & kids participated in a mud run last Saturday - obstacle race thru mud pits. Dd managed to cut her hand - quite a deep gouge - while sliding headfirst into a large mud pit. The medics cleaned out the hole in her hand - it was packed full of mud - and she bandaged it and drove the 3 1/2 hours home so she could shower off all the mud and put on clean clothes before going to InstaCare for 5 stitches.

The rest of my week was full of shopping, doctor visit, lunches out with dh, and just general stuff.

We received dgd's new gymnastics schedule. With her upcoming level change she is going from 14 hours to 23 hours a week. She is quite excited.

This granny is on strike, and everyone knows it. I refuse to get up early to fix breakfast until bedrooms are clean. I'm enjoying my extra half hour of sleep every morning, and the kids get instant oatmeal. It's 2 weeks now. School is out a week from tomorrow, and then I really don't care.

Quiet night tonight. Sleep well.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. DGS#2's team did not win. There's a lot of inexperienced kids on his team who just moved up into his age group this year, so they aren't very good. DGS#1's team did win. He struck out 11 batters in a row, and then they had to pitch an 11 year old per the game rules. He also hit an over the fence home run.

I have my things together for tomorrow that I'm wearing for graduation, because I won't get to come home before it starts. I'm using DD22's high school graduation gown because we're draping a chair in memory of the young man who died in a football game his freshman year. He would have been graduating this year.So, I have that with my things, too.

FS, that's not long when you think of it that way. Hard to believe...and something to look forward to when the hot days of summer are here.
    Lana, I know what you mean about the things needing to be done at home. DH mows so many yards that ours is often last. Sorry your days off are out of whack.
    Jody, by all means, peek at the floors and see what's under there! It may be hard wood treasure! I hate carpet. When DD26 developed severe allergies, we took all ours out. It seems to me that no matter how often carpets are cleaned, they are never fully clean.
    Faye, hope you got your time outside. The O'Charleys in Monroe closed. DH and I liked it...don't know why it closed. It seemed to be doing a lot of business.
    Pamela, deciding what to pack is such a dilemma to me! Hope Sophia does well at the interview...so exciting and nerve racking at the same time. My word....it's about time for that furniture deal to get wrapped up!
    Lucie, USE THOSE DAYS!!!!! :D
    Jess, glad your friend was willing to share with you and you got the butter dish. That's one of the things I remember about going to my grandmother's house.
    Debbie, how was the finale? I forgot to tape it, so I hope it's on later.
    Lisa, I would say there's definitely a connection! But, that's a great percentage of improvement! 25 years...are you going to 30 or trying for longer?
    Katrina, that's pretty aggravating about having to go in on a Friday. Sounds like a busy weekend for you.
    Wow, GrammaDeb. Hope DD's hand heals alright. What will breakfast be after the kids are finished with school? Geesh...23 hours a week sounds like a lot. I know that to compete with the best, though, it takes that kind of training.

Hope you all rest well, Goodnight, friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.