Tackle It Tuesday 11/6/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Nov 6, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

Time to tackle it whether that is getting out to vote, running errands, or taking care of chores. Kitchen inventory is on my agenda today with a break to watch the first lesson of the December Daily product play workshop. Today we'll be playing with trees.

The maintenance man fixed the leak and recaulked the tub at the same time. The giant fan is still running downstairs as the moisture level in the ceiling is not where he would like it to be.

That's all for today!

3. PamelaG

I forgot to share this website - http://www.wishbookweb.com/ - someone has scanned years of catalogs - Sears, JCPenney, FAO Schwarz, Eatons, Canadian Simpson-Sears, Spiegel and others - if you ever looked through a catalog at Christmas time, or any other time, this site is a walk down memory lane. We had very limited shopping options for American toys when my Dad was stationed in Belgium so my sister and I eagerly awaited the arrival of the Sears Wish Book every holiday season and my parents did the Christmas shopping for us from it. It's an amazing site.

Ahorsesoul, luludou and MrsSoup like this.
  4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

It has been a busy morning. Hubby is working in the mountains today (guess they have lots of snow).

I started straightening up the house and then got a burst of creativity. I made birdseed ornaments. I am on batch #1. It is in the freezer. I want to sew this afternoon. I cut out blocks to make coasters, hand warmers and mini tissue package holders. They were a hit a few years ago... time to make more for my Christmas list. They will make nice stocking stuffers.

Well... I better get moving. Kiddo will be home for an early lunch/late breakfast very soon. He had a test early this morning.

Pamela--- I loved the Sears Wish Book when I was little.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Carrie- I want to make birdseed ornaments this year too. I will gift some to my friend and maybe put some in my mom's package as well.
    Pamela- That's neat, I wonder if I will recognize anything on that website, it's been so long.

DH is off to the field for a couple days. He will be back tomorrow morning to take his CAO case for some appointments for the last time and then he's done with this case. He will go back to the field after that so I won't see him. This morning DD and I are getting our hair trimmed and then going on a flower tour with the Commissary Focus Group. I also need to run by Massage Envy today to pick up my product I ordered during the Friends and Family sale so I could get the discount and I need to go by the Thrift Store and pick up a shirt I ordered through the Club. I also need to pay for a pie i'm sponsoring for Thanksgiving for charity while i'm there. DS has driver's ed this evening as usual.

DH and DD went to the Commissary last night to grab a few things but no idea what they got, so I still need to make a meal plan and grocery list and go myself. DS received a $20 tip last night! He was pretty excited about that.

Enjoy your day!

6. PamelaG

Is DS a bagger? Not sure I remember seeing you post that. 'Tis the season, I always tip more at the holidays and I think other people do too.

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon busy day at work. got off did my shopping got some cool stuff from work . ate lunch took my daughters dogs out. went to vote. now home and its starting to rain. have good evening

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! had to take Tylenol during the night for a headache. ok this Morning. did gym. Then conference from 9 to 12:15.... arrgg! paint class was from 11:45 to 1:00. By the time I got there I hardly had time to do anything. I'll work on it this weekend at home. Just finished a quick lunch.

Later

9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon. No school today. Kiddoes didn't want oatmeal for breakfast, so I fixed pancakes. Dgd and I practiced her 1st-year Spanish while I cooked.

Sunday I learned I'll be a great grandma again. #1 is 2 years old, #2 is due in January, and it's too soon to know about #3. After the holidays I'll start crocheting baby blankets. I'm too young to be a great grandma!

We are waiting for Dsil to get home from work, and then DH & I will go to lunch and do a bit of shopping. I need to figure out something for dinner tonight. Thinking about fish sticks, tater tots & Caesar salad. Or a chicken pot pie with salad.

Have a great day!

luludou likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    I woke up several times last night due to thunderstorms rolling through. I am not a fan of storms!
    Not much on the list for today, washing is in the machine and will need to do a grocery list for tomorrow. Really would like to double check food items that I am giving to mum and DH father and make sure I am on the right track with them. I have Christmas everywhere and it would be nice to tidy it all up.

Need to decide what to have for dinner, the no carbs thing limits my imagination. Maybe tacos for the boys and I will have the fixings without the shells.
    Have DrillDance tonight so will need to have things planned before too long.

11. MrsSoup

Yes, he's a bagger at the Commissary. It's the best job for him right now until he gets his license and can apply further out.

PamelaG likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

DD and I have been running all day so far. We went to get our hair cut. DD got hers trimmed and it looks so much better. I got mine cut back up to my good length near my collarbone. Then we came back to post and got gas and then went to Haleiwa and picked up our Starbucks order that we placed online. We sat outside and drank our drinks until time to go to the flower farm. We were late because the GPS took us past it and into the woods. My mentor called as soon as we arrived, so I talked to her and we will talk in two weeks again. We saw a lot of poinsettias being grown for the upcoming holiday season and other pretty flowers and plants. Then we got to make a little take home thing (posted pics on FB).

We headed down to Massage Envy to pick up my product and stopped in at Ulta next door to look for static spray for my hair. I had to ask because there are just so many products in there. A woman directed me to a product and also recommended a boar bristle brush, so I bought both (expensive!) and DD needed some hair ties. We stopped at the Thrift Store on the way home and I paid for my charity pie and picked up my t-shirt that I ordered for a fundraiser, it says Choose Aloha. They will be doing another fundraiser and they ship if anyone saw the first one on my FB page that I shared. DD wants one so i'll be ordering her one next time.

Home now and relaxing and eating lunch, catching up on recorded shows. Going to work on my grocery list.

13. sweetpumkinpye

It is pouring rain here and makes me in the mood for Christmas prep. I have just finished wrapping mum's stocking and re in the process of cleaning up the gift closet.
    Have written the grocery list, so many specials this week that I think I may need to increase the budget slightly to cover the extras.

14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Rainy day here too. Meeting was good this morning. I only got 20 minutes of paint class in :( will work on it this weekend. Found my gift list, phew! got the lottery tickets for the stockings. got a few more things at the grocery store tonight. Another ham to cook and chop for Christmas sandwiches. Lunch & gym clothes are prepped for tomorrow.

Night

15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Better late than never to check in.

It's been pouring all day. DH and I went to the BX for liquor for gifts and the commissary. Had pizza for lunch and went to vote just before dinner. There were lines and some of the machines were breaking down. There appeared to be many more voters than in previous years.

Before we went to vote I was watching a FB live video on making a mesh wreath when suddenly Katrina joined the group. Wow! that was a surprise. Nice wreaths done by Amy Anderson of Mod Podge fame.

Otherwise just relaxing and waiting for the surgery tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what I can do one handed.

Katrina - we meet in the most interesting places
    Lucie - glad that you're planning ahead for holiday meals
    Jess - that is a phenomenal tip!
    Pamela - glad everything got fixed
    Deb - congrats on second great grand child
    Faye - seems to be raining everywhere
    Carrie - nice stocking stuffers

luludou likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

I just started and finished writing out all my cards for the exchange while watching Christmas Cookie Challenge on DVR. Just need to put on the return address and seal them all. I still need to get stamps yet and I won't put them in the mail for a couple weeks, but yay!

Debbie- Wow, how cool that you both were watching the same thing at the same time!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Off to look at the Mod Podge things by Amy! Been puzzling today. But DD and I finished this one with four days of work, I have ordered another one today. The next one is a puzzle by Ravensburger. I actually found the puzzle DS remembers that he never was able to complete.

18. sweetpumkinpye

Debbie, it was such a wonderful surprise that we caught up like we did.
    Good luck with the surgery, we will be thinking of you.;)

Still raining here, decided on spaghetti for dinner as it is too cold for salad. We need something warm in our tummies. Glad to see the rain though as it is very dry.

Could someone please explain the mid term election to me? I am really not sure what this one means as I thought your presidential term was for 4 years.

19. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I have been busy. DH and I went through 3 boxes that were pulled from the attic. Paper from college and taxes going back the 80's... found out we can take them to a large shredder in December. It will feel really good when we get that gone..,
    We went to Aldi to pick up a few things for the wedding. DD is finding things for me to do that she forgot about. Wedding is planned for outdoors on a terrace and I asked her how cold it had to before she would decide to go inside, she doesn't know but did say she was a wuss. lol
    I am heading back into the room to clean a few more of the Fisher Price Little People from the 80's. Was thinking of donating to school for students to purchase for a $1.00 but am finding they were well played with so not sure.
    Just looked at some of the election results. hmmm.

20. MrsSoup

This election is a General Election for the individual States, i.e. Governors, Lt. Governors, State Representatives, etc. It also decides which party dominates the House and the Senate depending on who wins in each State.