Tackle it Tuesday, 9-10-19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH Family!

2. Pam Spaur

Hello, MHH Family!

How are you this a.m.? I am hoping to tackle something today. I am so sick and tired of looking at my living room full of crap! Hopefully, I won't be in much pain today so that I can get stuff done! Every room in my apartment is an absolute and total mess. I cannot stand it. I would appreciate any prayers for a pain free day you can spare. It is overwhelming!

The next two days will be doctor appointments. I have a baby shower to make something for this Saturday afternoon. So, I really need to get with it. I have today, Thursday afternoon, and all day Friday to declutter stuff and sew. I am thinking burp cloths and receiving blankets. I did buy a paci clip and paci that are Minnie Mouse. I had the mama-to-be in Sunday School back in the day. Her parents are good friends.

I think I will try to get a little more shut eye yet this morning. I have been awake for a couple of hours already. Hope everyone has a super day! Stay safe and be blessed! Love to all!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning Pam and all to follow!
    Pam - sending positive vibes for a pain-free day for you

Been awake since 4:15, did gym.. I am gaining weight with the pills the doc changed! .. or maybe because menopause is rearing it's head.

Work day… today I have work today, isn't that fun? :) Makes for shorter days! Tonight will be sheppard's pie, just needs reheating.

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. got up and made pumpkin coffee. just put up my halloween shower curtain even though its going to be 93 today i dont care . im ready for the holidays. i have fall in the other rooms will buy some mums tomo. have agood day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Woke up at 3am, couldn't go back to sleep so I FaceTimed with Vic while catching up on some blog reading. Heading to the shower now and then off to work. Have a great day and I'll check back in at lunchtime.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Hope I can do some tackling tonight, shall see.

Allen has alittle to bale today. I didn't know he cut this piece at a friends place.

Did dishes last night and ran dishwasher and that was it. Ate a later supper so that kills my evening time.

Have a GREAT day!

I would like to get some mums and put into a basket on a bike that I have in yard.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Once DD was up, dressed and ready for breakfast we were off to the storage shed to rearrange. DD had made her to go breakfast rice cakes, pilled with cream cheese and completely covered with cranberries so I set her with a chair and file cabinet she could use for a table. She supervised us while we moved boxes. Dh has several plastic crates with car junk, oil, washer crap all without lids just sitting on the floor in the unit. I'll find some boxes he can pack them in so we can stack things instead of taking up floor space.

Dh did call about a mover yesterday. He told me the lady said it would take 3 men about 5 hours to move us. HMMM, of course he didn't bother to tell the moving company we have all ready boxed our household items. He will talk to her this morning and let her know the estimate she worked on will have to be re-worked. He had one phone estimate from another company for $1300. Gone are the days when we can carry furniture up and down stairs or into houses. lol

I'm kind of hanging out now. DD and puppy are napping. Dh is on his computer. In a few minutes I'll be off to the vet with Puppy Poo for a test. I'm not using the vet in town so I'll be gone about 2 hours as the vet is in the Twin Cities. Thank goodness for Navigation systems.

Wishing all a few minutes to recharge themselves.

8. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning all who have come before me and those who will come after.

I have had a good morning. I worked for about an hour on the family newsletter. I have it "almost" done. Now to start on the other side of the family. I have most of the kitchen clean for the week... just need to straighten out the freezer. If I have enough energy, I want to make a batch of cookies today. We shall see.

The dogs are getting restless so I think I better let them out before they become pests.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH had to be up and out by 3:30 a.m. this morning. I think DS has decided to transfer schools so I will go to his current school and do the release paperwork and find out the timeline. Then I need to go on Schofield/Wheeler and see about getting my fingerprints done for my background check. I have put it off long enough. I saw a post on FB yesterday regarding the topic and several people gave 3 different locations on base that do it. That is exactly what I have been trying to find out. I will start with the MP station and work my way down the list I guess. Then all I have to do is finish my resume and retake the math praxis and i'm ready for PCE in the spring.

I need to study today for my objective assessment so I can schedule it for tomorrow and get it done. Nothing else going on today.

Pam- I hope you are able to get some things done today!
    Lucie- Have a good day at work.
    Faye- Love that you put up your shower curtain!
    Pamela- Might as well be productive if you are going to be up. I will see if we still have the package for those onion rings and let you know the brand!
    Lana- That would look cute!
    Diedra- They don't send someone out to evaluate before giving an estimate?
    Carrie- I was going to make cookies or zucchini bread yesterday and then my day went to crap. I will try to find time today. We can virtually bake together. haha

Enjoy your day!

10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Cloudy here - sun expected later.

Actually slept well and didn't want to wake up this morning but had to go to the dentist. Had root canal - two more appointments necessary to get the crown and then they want to pull my wisdom tooth which has a cavity. I am getting tired of my body falling apart. Whoever said "old age ain't for sissies" was right on!

Next is physical therapy - and I haven't figured out dinner yet - well, there are always a few "go to's" - tuna, hamburgers and hot dogs, do-it-yourself pizza

Pam - I feel the same way you do looking at clutter every day - it wears one down
    Faye - great that you're prepped for Halloween already
    Pamela - at least you had someone to talk to at 3 a.m.
    Jess - hope the school transfer goes OK
    Lucie - I've gained weight from both pills and menopause
    Diedra - glad the packing is coming along well
    Carrie - great baking!

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

had lunch with my daughter at olive garden was good. always fun to hang out with her

12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I went to DS's school and filled out the paperwork. Tomorrow will be his last day and then i'll get him enrolled at the new school on Thursday. They were going to have today be his last day but he's not at school so I figured he would want to go one more time. I ran by DD's old middle school to pick up her school pictures I paid for because my friend said her daughter got hers last week and no one called me. They aren't good and I wish I hadn't ordered any. :rolleyes: She has this pained, fake smile on her face. Ugh! Then I went by the MP station to see about fingerprinting and they only do it on Wednesdays. o_O I have an appointment tomorrow so looks like i'll have to wait until next week. Double Ugh! I stopped and got gas and now i'm home. Got all that done and back home in an hour and a half.

I'm tired today. I think i'm going to do some reading and maybe take a nap. I need to set out some hamburger for dinner first.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

The one company didn't. The one is sending someone out on Thursday. Dh said he has someone coming tomorrow too. I want to use the one our Realtor suggested.

Just ran out to pick up a Dept 56 little wagon filled with pumpkins. It will go with my collection of barns. Saw it posted on our local FB page.

MrsSoup likes this.
  14. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

15 bean with ham soup has been cooking all day. Cornbread just came out of the oven. I'll add green salad, and call it dinner. It smells good in here!

MrsSoup likes this.
  15. Pam Spaur

Evening!

I would say I am at least 2/3 done. I will be gone most of tomorrow, so don't know if I will get anything done here or not. But I am proud of what I did accomplish. Went thru a bunch of magazines that I have had for 100 years on scrap booking. Tore out a few things to give me some hints for cards.i think I can get it all done by the weekend. I filled up another bag with trash. I am too lazy to take it out now, but maybe when I leave tomorrow. But I have organized a little as I go along. Feel good about that. Finally bought a tape refill for my label maker. So I made a few labels for different bins. I may do a little more tonight. THERE IS NOT ONE BASEBALL ON T.V. TONIGHT! I wonder who's brainy idea that was?

I am going to go to Jay's this weekend. There is to be a guest speaker at his church. I want to hear him. He is an anchor on the local NBC affiliate in Indy. Just depends on gas money. Crap! I have a baby shower at 2! Hmmmm. I need to sew a little, as well. I would like to make a couple of receiving blankets. Almost out of juice. Will see ya all tomorrow!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening all!

It's been a terribly busy Tuesday. The usual non-stop day at work, filled with adults in charge who have NO idea what is even going on in the school. Then home to pick up M and take her to the dentist. I didn't even go in the house....pulled in and picked her up and headed back down the mountain. We were there a little over a half hour. While she was getting her tooth filled, I made cleaning appointments for both of us with the dentist. So we are set for that now. Then we went to Joann's for my planner and to the mall to dress shop. Fortunately we found a dress the first place we looked. We still need to get her shoes, but have time. Our mall is pretty deserted, so we didn't have much luck with shoes. I'm hoping maybe Saturday after her soccer game we can go to Altoona and look there. We got home and I started dinner because J was at the farm. Sigh. After dinner, I laid out clothes for tomorrow....is it wrong to wear the same dress twice in 11 school days?....it's going to be a hot one! I showered and here I am....ready for bed. I didn't make it to bed by 9 last night, Jane, but maybe tonight!

This week always makes me sad...9/11....I'll never forget. I'm feeling a bit emotional about it tonight.

Hope you had a terrific Tuesday!
    ~peace and blessings~

missjane likes this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Wednesday here and another bright and sunny day. I am wearing sweat pants and a tee shirt. Not sure if I am hot or cold lol.
    Dinner last night with the kids and BFs parents was nice, they are a lovely couple so always an enjoyable evening. We were home by 9pm, I was tired and went straight to bed.

Today, waiting on the estate agent to do inspection, they say in their email that it will be between 9 and 5 :rolleyes: surely they can narrow it down a little, I pick Mum up for DrillDance training at 5 so it better be before then.
    Chicken and mushrooms in crockpot for dinner, getting to the end of the freezer foods that we prepared before Winter so that is good. It was well worth the few hours it took for us to make it all for the convenience of having a freezer full of ready meals.

Need to do a shopping list for tomorrow and then I am done for the day.

18. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again.

Went with the burgers and hot dogs for dinner and made some zuchinni and onions to go with it.

DH got the propane, I got some stuff sorted away in the camper, did most of my packing and prepped what I need to cook tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll set up the cooking in the crockpot, go to the farmer's market and then have lunch with my friend.

Just winding down now in front of the tv.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Sounds perfect.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Try to regain my momentum after being gone this past weekend. It was thunder and lightening this morning when I woke. Was motivated to work outside, but to wet. I did spend a lot of time work on checkbook and other office things this morning.
    Spent quite a bit of time sewing on the Christmas sampler and is almost done. (Listen to my book while stitching.) Should have done by the end of the week. That will be nice.
    I got some zippered bags at Ikea yesterday and was able to fit all of the quilts mom, and grandma made into them. I want to check one in the morning as I couldn't tell if it was damp (in a rubber made tub on the bottom) or cold.
    DD(33) was here late afternoon evening and we celebrated her 33rd birthday which is tomorrow. Her sister turns 30 tomorrow. Dgd(8) asked her is her and DD(30) were twins. She said no, I got a sister for my birthday when I was 3, best gift ever!
    I will do my best in the future to do more personals. Just not going to happen tonight. Just know that I count you as my dear friends and I care deeply about what is happening in your lives.

Ahorsesoul likes this.