Tackle It Tuesday July 10th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I thought the title sounded good even tho I will be at work and not much will get done this evening I doubt----BUT.....

I need to even tackle some mind things and do some thinking so.........

The money was found in my purse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took stuff out and I had looked and yesterday at work I was thinking I never really leave it out of there and it was down in the lining. Few more years off me but found.

Yesterday Jaymee went to the mailbox and saw this smaller cat by the shed and then yesterday afternoon I guess the ducks were making quite a racket so Allen went to look and a baby (smaller) bobcat was dragging a duck by the wing. He ran off. Allen was telling sis and thats when she said she saw it but thinking it was a small cat without a tail but ...... Allen said he has been seeing the head of this across the road off and on since last week. Never saw the body. We have had bigger ones off and on, on the wildlife camera. A couple years back I saw one by our driveway and was thinking it was a skinny alley cat and then saw no tail and by then it took off down the fence row. They are seen more and more around the area.

Allen might go to the tractor pulls tonight, he isn't sure.

I need to go feed fish.

Have a GREAT day everybody and stay cool! Was 108 heat index yesterday and temp was 99 and no air just humid!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Yay for finding the money, Lana!!

Tackling it today - office, continuing in the Christmas room (for our newer members, it's our third bedroom where we store all the Christmas totes), sheets and towels in the laundry, and waiting for the maintenance man. Spent all day yesterday with Verizon, the bank regarding our RI house mortgage and possible WA house mortgage, and the septic system installer. I'm hoping to avoid any phone calls today!

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

sure don't seem to tackle much today. lots of humidity, thought it would be a little cooler, pfff.
    Decided I wanted to do a little on the socks as I went to knitting lady yesterday, but I screwed it all up and have to redo and not sure so will have to go back before I pick it up again.
    Justa paid some bills. nothing else.
    This afternoon osteo appointment, getting a zipper sewn on dh's winter jacket, pick up a few more errands, that's it. Just not up to anything.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

The girls are having a lemonade stand today so they prepared yesterday. I will make a batch of PB cookies this morning to add to their stand. Didn't get it done yesterday. Friend and I are going for a walk this morning, our goal is to make it a daily occurrence. I sure didn't want to get up this morning though. DH is on the phone trying to get something straightened out with his DTS account because he's going TDY at the end of the month to the mainland and he can't do what he needs to do to go until it gets fixed. He's been on hold for a while now. Funny, he accidentally called the Marine number and got straight through to someone, go figure. haha

Lana- So glad you found the money!!
    Pamela- How is the septic installation stuff going? I remember there was an issue. Has everything been straightened out?
    Hi Lucie!

Enjoy your day!

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all1. It's back to the 90's today.

Did some shopping yesterday - returned stuff to Costco and got cheese, inexpensive bath towels for Buffy and her pool at Walmart and more soda syrup at BB&B. Had hoped to do more shopping today - I find that I need to get one thing in one place and another in another and so on - but there is another glitch in our caravan and I'm waiting to find out what to do next.

Mets double header last night. Saw them win the first and then saw part of the second when they lost:(

Lana - so glad you found the $
    Diedra - glad you got DH to finally do the shopping
    Jess - we plan to go to Oahu and stay at the Hale Koa and then Kauai. Glad DD had a great birthday
    Pamela - it is wonderful having a spare room, isn't it?
    Lucie - hope things have straightened out with DH
    Jane - take it easy
    Pam - great that you've been doing so much sewing
    Tanya - where have you been? What is Luke up to
    Mel - shout out to you and K and Miss Ruby

7. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Afternoon all. Work and the usual stuff here. Last night I made beef and broccoli in the Instapot it turned out pretty good. It's hot again here but then again its July and we are always hot in VA. Summer is tough I see people all going to the pool, going on vacation and we do nothing. We are very boring people. (I also forget I already had my vacation in April)

Guess I need to get back to work..... have a good afternoon.

8. PamelaG

Still in the middle of it all. We're on our third prospective installer - the first one had a heart attack and retired, the second's equipment was too large for the access point to our backyard, and I'm waiting on the proposal from the third. The whole state is going through this process - so many people have systems that have to be updated based on the new environmental mandates so the septic companies are overwhelmed. I just keep calling for an update. He promised a proposal in my email today so we'll see.

9. PamelaG

Yes, I'm very thankful for the extra storage because the alternative is the garage and it's blazing hot in there in the summer and freezing in the winter not to mention dusty and right now, lots of sawdust floating around from Vic's woodworking. We rated a three bedroom based on Vic's rank and there's just the two of us so that meant two bedrooms to turn into storage rooms.

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Shannon - I don't think you guys are boring at all! In fact I see you so often in the amusement parks and at Disney, I envy you guys!
    Nope nothing is resolved with dh - we didn't speak of it last night and for once I fell asleep on the couch before 9:00... so... we'll see about it tonight but we carried on as usual.
    Osteo appointment is done, as is leaving dh's coat at sewing lady, got some cat food and a few errands. just made a sheppard's pie for tomorrow night and did hand-washed dishes. got overnight oatmeal done for next 3 of my breakfasts and yogurt with fruits in it for my desserts (all for the next 3 working days). Gym stuff and office clothes are prepped. Salad is ready for my lunch tomorrow. I need to go fold clothes on clothesline.

Later

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

The girls are in full swing with their lemonade stand. I don't think they've had many customers yet though. One lady drove by and donated a couple dollars and didn't want any lemonade or cookies. DH just got home for lunch and said there were a bunch of kids around the table. I know the girls are trying to prevent kids from hanging around so we'll see.

I have to head to the DMV in a bit and then i'll come back home for the rest of the day. DS called and his 2 month old baby sister is in the hospital. They took her to the ER during the night last night and then she was transferred to a hospital in Kansas City. They don't know what's wrong with her yet. If you have a minute send up a quick prayer for her.

12. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon.

Jessica, considered it done.

I di laundry at DD's and loved on Rocky the dog. Stayed a couple of extra hours to keep him company. Got gas on my way there, because one gas station was $3.09 and Walmart was $2.84! Can you believe the difference? Geesh!

DD had an online sale and I bought a few things from her. But the purse is ginormous. I don't carry those big things! But it is pretty and grey and I don't have a grey bag! Isn't that a good excuse to buy a bag? Lol

I am going back out on Thursday. They will be home on Friday. I thought I would tidy up for them and also straighten her side of the walkin closet. That girl has almost as many handbags as Macy's! And I will straighten her shoes. She wears a size 11, sometimes a 10. And big foot has lots of shoes, too.

It is so hot here today. We did get a slight rain shower after I got home. Tomorrow is supposed to be better.

I forgot to charge my iPad and am almost out of juice. Talk to you tomorrow! Have a nice evening.

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Wednesday here and I have had a sleep in. Having my coffee and then need to pick up DD and take her to a Drs appointment, she has not been well for a few days.
    No DrillDance training for us tonight, long story. Going to dinner though with a former member of my team for a catch up.
    Hopefully back to it next week.

While DD and I are out we will grab some lunch and maybe do a bit of shopping for DS 30h on Sunday.
    That is it from sunny but chilly Australia.

14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Prayers for the baby Jess.

Mom came out after supper and her, Teigan and I swam. Then went for a Kubota ride. Saw deer, turkeys, rabbit and a coon. Teigan is out now and I won't be far behind. I have to do a couple bill pays. Allen went to the tractor pull.

Night.

15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Question for you bloggers---how do you set your thing to see when you have a reply to a post besides just seeing it whenever you would see it if you do? TIA!

16. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

Today was date day for us. A couples mani/ pedi appointment and a late lunch at our favorite not so cheap Chinese restaurant. We had a very nice time. My husband is so sweet, he always makes our appointment. Makes me feel spoiled.
    I managed to get my work out in this morning so we spent the evening half watching tv and texting our son.
    Halimer- I haven't thought about the Hale Koa in years. My first husband was in the Air Force ( B52 and FB111 navigator). We stayed there several times. We thought it was a pretty classy place. That was back in the 80's ouch! We were stationed in Guam around that time. A lot of memories....
    Prayers for the baby and any unspoken needs.
    Night all.

17. PamelaG

Blogger has some major issues going on - comments used to show up in email but they don't any longer so the only way I can see if someone comments is to go to the actual post and reply there.