Tail End of July Tuesday 7-31-2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Jul 31, 2018.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!

2. missjane

Here it is, the end of July. Can't believe tomorrow starts August!

Mama, DD25, and I are going shopping today. I need to look through my jewelry and see if I need anything to complete some outfits I intend to wear to work or church. I had planned to do that last night after getting home from the bakery, but my back was so badly, I could barely get get us some supper ready. I took a hot bath, a muscle relaxer, and went to bed. I hope it holds out for today.

We have a stray tom cat I'm trying to catch, so both cats are inside so they won't get caught in the trap. He's even jumped on our female, and she's fixed, so I don't know why he's jumping on her. Both of our cats are old...at leat 10 year, so not in their prime to be defending themselves.

Mercy, I'm going to have to get something to eat. My stomach is growling something fierce. I better go eat some breakfast before we leave.

Hope you all have a great day.

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Just watched the mommy cat eat all the dry food I set out, no sign of the kitten this morning. It's Tuesday so I'm off to the Marine thrift store to check for uniforms - my neighbor's moving truck is coming today so I've parked across the street. I would really like to finish the kitchen/pantry side of the Christmas room but I'm being so lazy and it's going very slowly. I'm trying to purge as I inventory but I'm a real pack rat when it comes to kitchen things so I'm not being very successful.

MissJane - when I went back to work full-time when we lived in Washington, I kept a list of everything I wore each day for the first month so I had 31 days of outfits to go back to for reference. Clothes and jewelry. It was super handy to make sure I was rotating things in my closet and wearing all the jewelry I've accumulated over the years.

missjane likes this.
  4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. yes last day of july. closer to cooler weather and the holidays i cant wait. im over summer have f ew errands to do today and take my grandson to the playground if it doesnt rain enjoy your day

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

oh btw i got more hours this week so things are looking up at work,:)

missjane likes this.
  6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHHers everywhere!

I have been down with my back. It hurts so much. Jane, I empathize with you.

Jay came up Sunday and brought me the t.v. Armoire. It is huge and will hold a LOT of fabric. He moved everything, because I couldn't. I tried. But just couldn't. Last night I emptied two boxes, sorting as I go. Found fabric I forgot I had! Lol.

I thought I was having my surgery this Thursday, but no such luck. All the test results are not in yet. So as soon as they are in, I will get scheduled. I am so ready for it.

Well, I gotta get busy. There are boxes to unpack, and after waiting all these months, they still refuse to unload themselves! How rude! But I will be loading up the armoire pretty fast! And someday, I may just get organized. Quit laughing, Lucie!

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Hahaha... oh Pam... I do wish I lived nearer.. I would get you organized... in all ways! ;)

Got up at 7:00 (was awake at 6:30). doing some laundry. reorganized entry closet (got 1 autumn coat to give to dil), doing some paperwork. should be a hot 28C today so won't be doing much. tomorrow will be rain all day so that'll be our errand day.

Later

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I had a horrible migraine last night. My kids ended up staying the night at my friends house, except for DS of course. I took a hot bath and my meds and was in bed by 8. I think DS was in bed shortly after me though. I read for a very short bit until my meds kicked in. I found out last night that one of our old Soldiers from back when I was a SGT, killed themselves yesterday. I haven't spoken to him in all these years but I do have his ex-wife on FB. He had become quite the mess and had given up rights to his child and everything. She said she found out not too long ago that he had schizophrenia that the Army missed back when he joined (otherwise he wouldn't have been able to join), so i'm sure that had something to do with it. He lost his battle. Anyway, she has the horrible task of telling their son today with her husband and she's going to utilize their youth pastor as well. He hasn't seen him in years I don't think but it will still be hard on him i'm sure. Please keep them in your prayers.

I'm walking by myself this morning it seems, we didn't make plans last night and I texted her this morning but she hasn't answered. She probably figured I wasn't going, but she should know better. I have to take DS to pick up his schedule and then go pick up my glasses because they are finally in. Then I have a call with my program mentor around lunch time. After that the kids all have physicals. I need to make a list for the Commissary now that DS is home.

Jane- Have fun shopping! I hope your back doesn't start hurting!
    Pamela- Great idea on the outfits Pamela!
    HW2- Congrats on more hours!
    Pam- Hope those results come in soon!
    Hi Lucie!

Enjoy your day!

9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi have my tablet at work and haven't used it forever!

Pam and Jane hoping your backs are doing better today. We are to be in mid 70s and by weekend mid 90s.

I took stuff of closet last night thinking a dead mouse but didn't find anything and I seem to be the only one smelling it. WIll see tonight. Everything will have to go in so will go thru stuff. Will take a few nights since I don't work steady on it! Hopefully that will be done then. So hopefully more crap to Goodwill!

I tried on 2 dresses this a.m. and 3 or 4 shirts before leaving. Same ole same ole I wear tired of it all! And the weight! I do so good on weight watchers but the staying on the life change I fall off of after a while.

Got paid today so need to go do register before lunch is over.

Have a GREAT afternoon!

10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning - for a few more minutes.

I did laundry until almost 11:00 last night and washed my last load this morning. This load will hang dry. So glad that chore is done for another week. I fixed burritos for dinner, but by the time they were ready to eat I couldn't face them. Just too tired and my entire body hurt from up & down the stairs so many times. I had a bowl of cereal.

I plan to spend today with my feet up and a crochet hook in my hand. Have a great day everyone.

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Took DS to the school only to find that both offices were closed until 1 p.m. for meetings. I really wish they would post that kind of information on their website. :rolleyes: We came back to post and went to the PX. While DS waited in the Starbucks line, I went to get my glasses. I told the woman that I got a call yesterday that my glasses were ready and she was surprised that I had just been called yesterday. Apparently they had been in for some time. She ended up refunding me 50% of my lenses and giving me a bottle of cleaner. I bet the other employee there gets a talking to when she comes in.

Now i'm just waiting for my mentor call in an hour. My head is starting to really hurt again so I took some ibuprofen. I need to go ahead and print out the forms for the physicals, not sure I have enough ink so we'll see what I can do. They should have them at the doctor's office.

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all!

Settling down outside of Syracuse for a few days with MIL, SIL and BIL so hopefully you will hear from me regularly for at least a little while.

Heading out to dinner.

Hugs to all

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A pretty morning here, the warmest it has been for a while. August first here and the last month of Winter. People have been saying that it has been a cold one but I have not found it to be too bad.

Grocery lists for me today, also need to clean out fridge/freezer and pantry and just double check what I have to buy.
    Not too much happening here at all.

Hoping that you are all well and safe,

14. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Active Member

Rainy day here, everything is dry and crunchy so it is needed. Went to the orchard to day and got red haven peaches and red raspberries. Will make peach butter later this week. Made red raspberry jam today for the first time which turned out pretty good. I've been working on my quilt as my back allows. Still haven't pulled weeds.....
    Prayers for all in need.

luludou likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

Decided to grocery shop today. Was out and back in an hour so you can't beat that.
    It is warm outside so my mind is wandering to the Spring and Summer prep. I need to write a list for the freezer and stockpile and start gathering those items. I like to have tinned fruits, corn, beetroot etc on hand. As soon as the first real warm day hits DH has the urge to BBQ so it pays to have items ready.

16. missjane

Myron's Mom, Years ago, we went on a mission trip to Idaho and I got to pick raspberries, which I love! How neat to read about your making jam from them! I think it's too hot here for us to grow them.
    Katrina, DD25 said she orders her groceries from Walmart and just picks them up. I'm thinking of checking into it. Do y'all have it there? She says it saves her 2 or more hours of time.
    Jess, I hope the headache didn't come back. Speaking of the school website...I hate school's website and the one for our parish. They are not user friendly at all and never have useful information on them. SMH! I just want to say, "What is wrong with you people?!"
    Debbie, hope you are home long enough to "visit" with us a few days.
    Pam, glad you got the new armoire. And who doesn't like finding fabric they forgot they had?!
    Pamela, thanks for the tip about the outfits. I can hardly bring myself to pay what costume jewelry costs. We used to have a Burke's Outlet in Winnsboro, and I would buy jewelry there, but they went out of business. Hope your packing pace picks up. Time will fly. Smart girl to try and purge as you go.
    GrammaDeb, I hope you got to prop up your feet today. Seems many of us are needing a break from the hustle and bustle of life.
    Lana, did you find where the mouse smell was coming from...how aggravating to not be able to find it!
    HW2, so glad to hear that you're getting more hours at work. That's a relief!
    Lucie, I have no doubt that you could probably get all of us organized!

Today's shopping trip went well. DD bought several tops, three pair of shoes, and some earrings. They're on a tight budget right now since only DSonIL is working so she can go to school to get her RN degree. I'm thankful we can help her out a bit...just something about being able to get a few new things that makes one feel better. My back held out pretty well, but it's not anywhere near what it should be.

DD didn't get the principal job he wanted to apply for. The lady who did called him today and told him she had been hired. He was pretty upset. He was told it would be advertised in the local paper which comes out tomorrow, so he had not turned in an application, yet, because he was waiting for the advertisement like he was told to do. He went by to pick up the application yesterday, but they called her last night and told her she has the job. This type thing happens in our school district all the time. They make up their mind who will get a job before it even goes public that it's open. They've created new "job titles" and "positions" so they can hire people who aren't certified...it's beyond ridiculous! Last year they fired a lady with a doctorate degree who was working on curriculum development to give an ex-head football coach her position, so they created a position called "dean of students" for him to take her job because he's not qualified to do what she did. Okay...that's my rant for tonight. Just have to remember that God is in control, even when I don't understand.

Night, everyone.

17. sweetpumkinpye

missjane. yes, several of the major supermarkets here offer that sort of shopping. You can either click and collect or do online with home delivery.
    I actually like grocery shopping so I have never looked into these systems. I think though if I worked full time it is something that I would consider.

18. missjane

Katrina, I enjoy grocery shopping, too. I'm particular...like to squish and smell my fruits and vegetables! She says she has never gotten anything but top quality. Makes me wonder if they hold some of the better produce in the back to fill orders? Besides, look at all those bargains you would miss for stocking stuffers and Christmas if you didn't go to the store!

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

This is true LOL