Take a Chance Thursday 4-11-19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsSoup, Apr 11, 2019.

1. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha Friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. MrsSoup

I am doing a thing today...I made a hair appointment for noon. I'm getting a trim and changing my hair color. Isn't it amazing that we can just do that? Change our hair color to whatever we want. I have an idea in mind but not 100% sold on it, so i'll ask the stylist for advice and see what I walk out with! I'm super excited. I do still like my blonde bayalage but it's growing out a lot and needs to be updated and I need a change.

I will be home working on reading chapters until it's time to go. Baseball practice tonight. We had leftovers for dinner last night so I suppose I should set out hamburger for chili tonight. I really should go to the Commissary this morning since tomorrow is payday but my list isn't done. Hmmm. I'll work on it.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHer

I see Jessica is up and at it early today.

The wind is now howling like a hurt person outside. Last night I was up about 5 because it woke me up. I heard Dh walking around so I figured it was just the wind. Our snow drifts are growing.

DD is napping since we will not be going outside today (and possibly tomorrow). The house across the street has almost disappeared a few times. One houses garage cans are blown over in a pile which has helped so they didn't blow away. Next to them the garage can is now in the street on it's side. I'm waiting to see how far it blows but I think it's got a drift behind it so it might not go far. That ladies trash was picked up yesterday morning so she did have time to pull it off the street. Not that she does it nice weather.

I'm working my way tossing genealogy papers. I probably have tossed three trash bags full and shredded one bag. Most of the info I have put into my online family trees. It's really starting to look nice and tidy. Next I'm polishing silverware to put on eBay.

Enjoy your day.

4. MrsSoup

Wow, what a storm y'all are getting! Crazy!

All kids are off to school and i'm going to work on my grocery list and meal plan. I just took care of transferring DS's money since he got paid overnight. He has officially made his first insurance payment (we pay it but he will pay us back from now on) and saved up his first complete trip payment that will be deducted from his account every month starting on the 19th. His paycheck was lower than usual this time since he had a lot of time off last week and they sent him home several nights the week before because of their poor scheduling and they were over hours. Hopefully that won't happen again. He can't really afford for it to. He talked to his dad the other day about staying here for the summer and going to visit for a couple weeks in July and he didn't take too well to the idea and basically said no. I told DS that he is 16 and it's his choice on what he does and he needs to stand up for himself. He wants to stay here and work and earn money for his trip and save up. Plus his female friend is moving and he wants to be here when she leaves. I don't blame him. If he goes to his dad's, he will sit in his house and do nothing by himself because everyone will be at work so he will be better off staying here and working. They can probably switch him to day shift and he can get more hours = more money. We'll see how it turns out. It would be different if his dad spent any time with him and supported him, but he doesn't. He is throwing his sibling in his face and soon to be sibling in his face with his new wife and guilt tripping him. :rolleyes:

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello everyone,

Lunchtime again, time to flip through a few websites and stop in to see how everyone is doing. Called the furniture store again tonight - so frustrated and not at all surprised to see that they had lousy reviews on Yelp, should have looked there first. Anyway, bottom line is that both pieces will be delivered on April 27, longer than I wanted to wait but that's the best they can do. I will not be buying from them again. Tonight I have to draft a letter to try to get Vic out of an $82 unpaid toll penalty. He went through the toll in October and it was $3. No indication before now that it didn't register, just a bill 5 months later for the $3 plus a whopping $82 in fees. Outrageous!

Three boxes were waiting for me last night - two two-drawer organizers for my desk, each one can hold letter-size paper in both drawers and has a shelf on top for me to put my Christmas planner and sticker binders on one and probably my case of markers on the other. They match my desk and I have one on each side of my laptop so it looks really nice. The third box was Tupperware - a set of five divided containers for my lunch at the office ($60+ reduced to something like $18 for the set), a colander set because Vic is taking the Virginia one to Okinawa, and a tiered container set for deli meats. Talked to Sophia and Vic and had leftover meat loaf and 1/2 a baked potato for dinner plus two squares of my new almost-nothing-in-it chocolate, no dairy, no soy, no gluten, no this, no that. Ridiculously expensive at $7.99/bar hence just two squares a day but so good. It's by www.hukitchen.com if you're interested.

Time to get back to work - cheerio! (no, not the cereal, it's just an English expression for bye-bye that popped into my head while I was typing ;))

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good evening almost. busy day worked- got my haircut-picked up grandson took 2 daughters dogs out- took him to lunch then back to parents to go to register for kindergarden. went to grocery store picked up cake for my daughters bday wont have the dinner till easter celebrating both daughters on easter. then t ball game at 630 then ill be ready for bed after . lol its nice out have a good evening

7. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

DGS#1 has his first "summertime" baseball game tonight. There was one scheduled for Tuesday, but it was too wet. I went for follow up to my blood work this afternoon. Not exactly the results I wanted, but I'll work on it and go back in a month...that plus a medicine adjustment. They're still tweaking things from my being allergic to two previous medicines. Cholesterol was great! Just gotta work on the A1C.

Our local festival was officially called off today. Our torcon index has been set at 6, now, with potentially flooding rain, too. I really should go ahead and menu plan and pick up what I need after DGS's ballgame, I suppose. I think we have water, but I may pick up a couple more gallons and some individual bottles. If we get tornadoes, who know what may happen as far as power is concerned? It's supposed to start raining tonight. and rain until Sunday morning, I think.

Faye, sounds like a busy day for you! Happy BDs to your DDs! What fun to celebrate it on Easter!
    Diedra, my sister really likes doing genealogy. Y'all getting some kind of weather up there! You wouldn't happen to be selling Old Master by Towle, would you?
    Pamela, how frustrating about the furniture situation.
    Jess, I completely get it about DS's wanting to stay in the islands so he can work. Hopefully, he'll have the guts to do what he wants.

Hope you all have a great evening! I'm off to the ballgame!

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Another cloudy cool day - only in the 40's today.

Had my pre-op medical clearance for my carpel tunnel and then went to a grocery that had a good selection of Passover foods. I'm not quite sure if I deserved them but the cashier seemed to think I spent enough to get a free turkey and a free box of matzohs. Paid some bills, moved my bill paying stuff into a new box with enough stationary items to take on our camping travels.

I think I will spend the evening going through cookbooks looking for new Passover recipes - nothing tastes good anyhow:(

Diedre - pretty impressive drifts!
    Jess - what was the result with your hair?
    Pamela - belated congrats on your weight loss
    Jane - stay safe
    Faye - hope you get to sleep well

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening. Feeling tired tonight... last 2 work days at work have been problems, problems, problems, moving more people but it is done. Still have 1 or 2 things to tweak but mostly it's done. Tomorrow can be back to normal work on budgets.
    Lunch with my ex-cws... etc... we were 13 out of 15 which is very good. Expensive and fancy... good but seen better and very lound restaurant. CW who retired was there with us, lots of fun seeing her.

dh is at guitar lessons. I'm doing 1 load of towels.

Night

10. MrsSoup

Evening!

I LOVE my hair! I posted pictures on FB. I needed this change, makes me feel like me again. Still lots of work to do and things to think through but it was something that I needed to do. It took 2 hours and then I grabbed a delicious muffin and some coffee from a cafe next door and headed home. I stopped by DH's office to show him and then came home. Got Eli ready for baseball practice and headed back out. I did get to the Commissary this morning and picked up the necessities and ingredients to make dinner tomorrow night for the family that had the baby. I'll double it and make dinner for us too.

I sat in the car during practice because it was sprinkling and semi-raining on and off. Tomorrow I have nothing on my schedule so I will be working on schoolwork all day and cooking. I want to get through the two chapters.

Pamela- Happy mail for you today.
    Faye- Busy day for you today!
    Jane- Sorry about the festival, stay safe in that weather!
    Debbie- Congratulations on the free turkey and matzohs! haha
    Lucie- Sorry work has been rough.

Goodnight!

11. PamelaG

What's the dish that's doing double duty for the new baby family and yours? Tell me again what course of study you are working on? Sophia is zipping right along in English for Grades 5-12. She has thoroughly enjoyed her PCE - observation period - it was like pulling teeth to get help to find a school for the observation but she finally did and loved her time in the high school. Great mentors all the way. She just has to get through the summer and then student teaching starts in the fall. She's doing a lot of substitute teaching, is even a special request for some teachers when they know they have to be off so that makes her feel good. She's expanding her network and I hope that will help when she comes to look for a full-time position. It's tough to be working as she is, or being a full-time mom and volunteer as you are, and have the schoolwork on top of it. Kudos to both of you!

12. PamelaG

And I love your hair, Jess!

13. MrsSoup

Pamela- I'm making chicken and stuffing casserole, brownies and homemade rolls. I'll just make two of the casseroles and I bought two brownie mixes and the rolls will make enough for both families. I cheated and bought already cooked chicken to cut down on the work. haha I'm doing my Masters in Teaching for Elementary Teaching. It's been slower going with the kids schedules and my procrastinating sometimes. I'm a bit worried because my student teaching is scheduled for next fall which is right after we are supposed to move so I may have to take a term break since we will have just PCSed and be in a different state so it's going to be a bit of a hassle. :( I'm also worried about the school for observation as, according to WGU, the district here does not participate which I find hard to believe. There is literally only one district on the island (all of the islands). Hoping it doesn't cause an issue. I also noticed that they have my graduation date as July 2020, but my demonstration teaching for Fall 2020. I'm thinking it's a glitch because I don't know how I could graduate without doing my demonstration teaching first.

Thank you! :)