Tea-time Thursday December 6 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:13 AM.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH world!
    Won't you joint me in a cup of tea so we can start this day in a more relaxing way?

2. luludou

Plumber left at 9:00 last night (he will come back on Friday), so did not get to bed before 10:00. Woke up once but dragging this Morning. Left my car at parking space in next town this Morning. No gym for me, Don't want to carry the bag on the bus. Having lunch with ex-lady boss. No supper to make as dh won't be home until late tonight.

Have a great day!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I will join you with a glass of ice tea!

Should of ran this a.m. for ink but..... Awake around 5 so would of had time.

Need to get trash out. Will take it down drive for Allen since is ankle has been sore and coughing.

To be about 40 out today.

I work and then off 3 but a busy week-end so not sure what will get done.

Better go collect trash.

Have a GREAT day!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Tea sounds lovely. We were off yesterday for the National Day of Mourning so I was able to get maintenance to take care of the issues I found when I moved in. Heater is now fully functional and shower head replaced. Finished up all my Christmas cards and broke down some boxes and carried them to the dumpster. Off to work now, hope my computer access comes through today.

5. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I have my chai tea latte right next to me. I have grocery shopping and a major (all rooms) housecleaning to today. I will wrangle DH into helping. Tomorrow I only have the morning free so I will mix up my 2 or three cookie doughs and bake on Saturday. I will probably freeze have of what I make as we are not entertaining at home this year. We will be at DS's house.

That's all I have for now. TTYL

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I need to get my hair done so i'm ready for the day as it's a busy one. I'm meeting the Commander's wife at the Company this morning to get the cornhole boards wrapped and cups hot glued to them for the Jingle Bell Toss game for tonight's holiday party. Then I have to pick up DD from school and get her to her appointment for her cast. At some point, either before my meeting this morning or after DD's cast, I need to make PW's chocolate sheet cake (if I have all the ingredients) for tonight as well. It only bakes for 20 minutes so it doesn't take that long. I should be able to pull it off this morning after I get Eli on the bus. Granted I have everything I need.

Once I get Eli off the bus, him and I will head to the classroom to meet up with the Commander's wife to start setting up for tonight until I have to leave to take Eli to his orthodontist appointment. I'm hoping that his molars have come down enough to begin a treatment plan. He has lost all of the teeth he needed to in the front, not all of them have come in yet but that shouldn't be a problem.

I also need to find time today to call and reschedule an appointment that I have Monday morning and call the taco place that we are getting food from and find out exactly what comes with our order. I have a feeling i'm going to have to go purchase cheese and sour cream at the very least. I need to pull out a movie for tonight as well. I should write all of this down on a sticky note.

Lucie- I'm always on first thing in the morning with my cup of coffee. Makes me feel like we are all sitting around chatting and having coffee together.
    Lana- Any news on Allen's cough? Has he been back to the doctor? Poor guy and now his ankle too.
    Pamela- Glad you were able to get some things done yesterday!
    Jody- That's a good idea, I should do that tomorrow too. I could make my sugar and gingerbread dough so they are done and chilled for rolling and cutting over the weekend.

Enjoy your day!

7. horsemama

horsemama Member

Good morning,

Cloudy and cold this morning. After work today I really need to sit down to the sewing machine and finish 2 gifts that I'm making. I ordered a couple things online this morning, so that leaves me with 2 gifts to buy and then I'm done. I can finish that this weekend. I want to mix up some cookie dough, too. I'll put it in the freezer and get it out closer to Christmas.
    And I scheduled my blazer in at the car repair place for Saturday morning, I think the windshield washer motor is shot and it's running a little rough. Oh...it's always something, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Everybody have a good day.

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all. Cold and sunny today. Am joining you with a diet pepsi - not a coffee or tea drinker.

Did some self maintenance today and got a pedicure. I should be able to wear sandals at least part of the time I am in Israel. Booked a tour to Masada and the Dead Sea for Monday and will be having breakfast with our cousin on Tuesday and dinner on Thursday. DS says that he might be finished with his meetings early in the week so that will be good for family sightseeing.

Have to do some last minute travel shopping. I will finish up Christmas when we get back.

Diedra - won't be blogging but will try and get on MHH sometimes
    Jess - good work for DS
    Lucie - so nice when you don't have to make dinner:)
    Pamela - glad you're getting settled in
    Lana - hope Allen is better
    Horsemama and Jody - enjoy the cookie baking. It is such a Christmassy thing to do

luludou likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

Debbie- Have a fantastic trip, can't wait to see pictures!!
    HM- Hope it doesn't cost too much to repair the car! My oil change light has been on for quite a while and I keep waiting for DH to address it since he can change it himself, but hasn't happened yet. I guess i'm going to have to break down and just take it somewhere.

DS is home from school today. He said he threw up and doesn't feel good. I got my cake made so it's ready to go for tonight. One thing checked off my list. I need to grab the glue gun, cups and bells so I don't forget anything when i'm heading out the door. I'll call the taco place when I get done doing the corn hole boards and call the reschedule my appointment as well. I hope to get both of those things done before I have to get DD anyway.

Better run!

10. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon!

I am at DD's doing laundry. It is white crapping like crazy outside! I will probably be done in the next few minutes, then just load up and carefully drive home. I have been watching Netflix while here. And my sweet Rocky has hardly left my side. He met me halfway in the driveway, and I had to stop the car and open the door so he could do his thing. He was as happy to see me as I was to see him. I got kisses galore, because I gave him half of my breakfast sandwich. I share everything with him...well just about. Lol

Ah, the dryer just sang to me that it is done. I had best go see if everything is dry and fold it up to go home. Praying it won't be slippery and I will get home safely. Debbie, when are you leaving on your trip? DD and family loved it! Some day, I hope to be able to go.

Better get going. Stay safe and be blessed!

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    I am also sitting with my coffee and checking in with you all. this is my favourite time of the day.
    Today is another budy one. I need to go to mum's and pack lunches and food forthe weekend. We are off to a DrillDance competition tomorrow and will be gone until Sunday night. Mum and I find it easier to pack food to take with us. I will then go to the hairdressers for a colour and cut. Will be there for 3-4 hours so I think I will at least take my new planner and try to sort it out a little while I am there.
    Home to pack my suitcase for the weekend.
    Not sure what will be for dinner as DH is having his work Christmas lunch today and will most likely not eat this evening. I have cold meat here so I think cold meat and salad will do.

Have a great day all.

12. MrsSoup

Pam- Please be safe!! How is DD doing since her surgery?
    Katrina- A weekend away sounds fun!

I decided to go ahead and make chili for the Chili Cook-Off this evening for fear that we wouldn't have any entries. The commander's wife is going to make some as well and we know of one other that is for sure making a batch. So if nothing else we'll get one of the three prizes. haha I had to run by the Commissary after we met and got the corn-hole board wrapped and the ballot box wrapped to pick up the ingredients. Then I came home and whipped it up and put it in the crockpot to cook on low the rest of the day. I got through to the catering place and they don't provide cheese or sour cream for the tacos so now someone is going to have to pick that up. Wish I would have called before I went to the Commissary. Ugh! I'm not sure if i'm going to have time to run back after DD's cast, so hopefully someone else can do it. We'll figure it out I guess.

I'm taking a quick break before I have to go get DD at school. Breaks are necessary for physical and mental health on days like today. I ended up having to just cancel my appointment because they didn't have any until my next one anyway in January. Oh well, I haven't been doing my kegels like I should anyway. :oops: Shame on me.

I need to remember to have DD make a sign for the ballot box for the Chili Cook-Off when we get back. I need to make one for the other activities and dig out some movies still. Where's my sticky note pad?

13. luludou

Evening! Took the 4:10 bus and got off at 5:25, delivered a gift to a friend (she works at post office right next to where I had parked my car), picked up mail and got home at 6:00. I HATE HATE taking the bus... it picks up people at the 1st few stops than continues for awhile non-stop... but it is OVERHEATED and when we get to stops ... I was just feeling ill all the way, nausea. Just now starting to feel better
    Have one load in washer as plumber will be coming tomorrow night and they will be cutting off the water again. DH is off to his supper, he will get here late, it's at least a 2-hour drive to get there. I might try to go relax in bed early.
    Got my amazon delivery, bought dh a wallet - hope he likes it, if not ds will get it :) I picked up 3 pamphlets were I go for acupuncture. One is for acupuncture, one for dry needles and one for osteopath - I'm thinking of adding that to dh's gift and say he can pick one for a try out. Also received the 1st magazine of dd's subscription.
    Angry CW spent part of the morning on the phone again - other daughter... she seems to have TONS of problems but I don't find she is very nice with her children. Yesterday spoke to director and he said in a few weeks things will settle down, she will be moved to another sector. However, lucky me, I will be getting another weird lady besides me probably... but I'm sure she can't be as worse - she's just a snob, so I don't mind at least it'll be more restful. If the Christmas vacations can arrive!!! :p
    Watching some Christmas movies. I need to go sew some elastics for cw for her Christmas games.

Night

14. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I am finally getting on here.

I didn't get a lot done today. I had a rough night with my stomach so I was very tired all today. I guess I will have to play catch up tomorrow with the housework.

I order some envelopes from Amazon and found out I had a credit on my account. I got the envelopes for free. That was a sweet deal.

We are suppose to have a Christmas parade a couple blocks away from us tomorrow night. I am not interested in standing out in the cold and freezing my bad knees and hips. I think I will stay home and watch a movie.

Sounds like everyone had a busy day. Hope you all have a wonderful evening... stay warm.

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Home again after leaving here at 10.30 this morning. Dropped off food to mum's and she will make lunches for tomorrow. We wrote in the Christmas cards for the team and attached a blue glittery star. Went to the supermarket to see if they had one more ornament like the 2 I bought yesterday. Got one and I also found 2 lighted wreaths that were 50%off so I got 2 for the french doors.
    Off to the hairdressers, had a different stylist today. Did not much care for her but my hair is nice so am pleased with the result.
    Have packed for tomorrow and as predicted DH is not hungry so I will have left overs from last night.

Take care all.