Tea-time Thursday February 7th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Feb 7, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World! Won't you join me for a cup of tea or coffee so we all get a great start to this day ?

2. luludou

Slept so-so and no gym this Morning. Only Spanish at noon. Am early at my desk so will do some online shopping, eat breakast and maybe read a little.

Have a great day

3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Hope that you have a great day Lucie. I am off to bed, it is 10.00 pm Thursday here and I am tired.
    Night.

luludou likes this.
  4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

I’m waiting to be called for my appointment. I was dreaming last night that we had a baby fawn that we were feeding strawberries. He wouldn’t eat them unless we mashed them. Must have been from watching House Hunters before bed last night. The couple saw a deer in their yard.

Weather isn’t looking promising to leave tonight. It’s freezing drizzle right now with blizzard conditions by noon. Wishing I had brought more busy work.

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Lucie and Diedra. NIte Katrina!

It is STILL raining!!! Has been pretty well non stop since Tuesday nite. Water EVERYWHERE!

Off today. Allen on his way to pick up the butchered hog. I have to pick up again.

Have a GREAT day!

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH Peeps!

I am SO sick of rain. Ugh! But at least it isn't the white crap. To be about 60 today, and then temps plummet! Yuck! You know I'm not lovin that!

Have an appointment with my insurance agent to go over some things about my car insurance. Hopefully it will save me some significant amounts of moolah! Then I will come home and collapse. I have been on the go all week long. I still have groceries and laundry to put away. I think I will do the pork chops in the crock pot today. Make some mashed potatoes to go with and some peas. I am hungry just thinking about it!

It is gonna take me awhile to get used to my shorter hair, especially after sleeping on it. My cow licks like to show me who is really in charge of the hair. Here's a hint: it is NOT me.

Well, since I have to finish getting ready, I had best get going. I need to take my iPad with me, because they will have to show me how to do something that I screwed up on. Leave it to me! So you all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I woke up in the night not feeling well, bad headache and rushed to the bathroom. I took a migraine pill and went back to bed, this was about 1:30. My ankle was also hurting a lot. Hasn't hurt like that since the beginning. The only thing I did different yesterday was jog through the house and from the back door to the gate to get the package from the UPS man because it was raining. Needless to say, i'm tired and not feeling well this morning. Headache is gone for now but my stomach is puny.

I have a Steering Meeting (Battalion FRG) late this morning at the bowling alley. DH will be there as well. If I get worse then I won't go, but depending on how i'm feeling will depend on whether or not I bowl. I think that is all I have today and the rest of the day i'll be working on practice tests.

Hi Lucie and Katrina!
    Diedra- Sorry about the weather.
    Lana- Stay afloat!
    Pam- How short did you go?

Enjoy your day!

8. Lori K

Lori K Member

Greetings from rainy Chicago! Surprisingly, I slept sound and through the night and first woke up only 30 minutes before the alarm was set to go off. Usually, I'm up and down a couple of times during the night. Was happy for the uninterrupted rest. It was well above freezing this morning, so no ice to deal with, though temps are supposed to drop this evening. They're saying we'll see some white stuff over the weekend. Nothing super on the agenda, except trying to get my home office and paperwork in order. Will spend a couple of hours on that this evening. Stay safe and try to stay positive!

9. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I got up at 8:00 and just started picking up and putting away. I had to help DH with making doctor appointment. Every phone call he makes created an issue he was so frustrated by it all.

I got a call from doctor's office with results from blood work, Trouble with cholesterol so a must at reducing carbs and exercise. I started the other day working a plan for weight loss one Jess uses. I can see all the details about the food I am eating in the tracking part. I like it a lot.

Well must get on with my cleaning.

10. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning,
    A bonus day for me as the hair appointment for cut and colour has been changed to another fortnight from today.
    I am going to completely empty and declutter my pantry and fridge today, Can we all say EXCITING!! I am looking forward to it as just one more area of the house that needs a major declutter and I am in a great decluttering mood.
    If I get a chance would like to line my drawers as I was given some lovely lining papers for my birthday.
    That is about it from here for now,
    Much love,

11. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I listened to a podcast this morning, ran the dishwasher, did a load of laundry that I still need to fold, and worked on unit 3 of my schoolwork. I went to my meeting and then came home and had leftover veggie soup for lunch and a piece of cake after. Yum! I still feel hungry though so i'm going to drink some more water and see how I feel after that. If i'm still hungry then i'll eat an apple and peanut butter. I would eat it with cheddar cheese but i'm out. Boo!

DS texted and said he needs math help this evening. He is going to work at the Commissary to make some money but when he gets back then DH can help him if I can't. He is failing math right now. Have to get that grade up before the end of the quarter, he has 3-4 weeks.

Lori- Glad you slept well!
    Jody- I'm so glad you like the site!
    Katrina- Good luck with your decluttering! I should line my drawers and cabinets, but I just haven't.

12. sweetpumkinpye

Jess, Apple and peanut butter...yum.
    Glad that DS has asked for help with math. I was never any good at math and was glad that DH was.
    Humid here after all the rain will persevere for a bit longer then might have to turn on the air.
    Still decluttering pantry, will be having enchiladas for dinner as I have all the ingredients.

13. luludou

Evening! was another uber-busy day of running around at work and not accomplishing much it seems. soup was in the crockpot when we got home and had grilled cheese with that. doing a load of laundry.

Have a great evening.

14. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

When my kids asked for math help I would ask them what they know to do (teach it to me) as soon as they got to the part they were having trouble with it remembered the next step. Whew, math is not my forte`.

Are the youtube channel to help with math questions?

15. MrsSoup

Math is definitely not my strong suit either! I asked him for his homework before he left to work at the Commissary. Looks like it is solving algebra equations by substitution. I think I can handle it. I'll work a problem and see. He did a lot of the worksheet so i'll check what he's done and see where he's going wrong, if anywhere. He said they took a quiz today and he bombed it, but they can retake quizzes. He'll need to for sure if he bombed.

16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Jess, try Khan Academy online. It's free. It will demonstrate problems step by step.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. I had the MRI on my back today. Had to miss work...tired of missing work. Never thought I'd say that, did you? But, it just gets everything too off track and breaks the continuity. So much for having a good number of sick leave days left at the end of the year.

It finally turned cold again today. They kept saying rain, and if the cloud cover we've had since Monday meant rain, we should have gotten buckets! DH and I talked about the fact that we've never seen it be so cloudy for so long without rain. DGS#1 had a baseball game, and we nearly froze...it wasn't that cold, but the wind was awful!

DD26 and DSIL are going out of town for the weekend for his birthday. It was Monday. We'll be animal sitting at their house this weekend. Tomorrow, we're going to pick up DD21's mail after we get off work and will spend some time with DD's roommate whose mom died unexpectedly late last year. DD21's house is about 30 minutes west of DD26's house.

Diedra, you stay safe! Hope you don't get stuck there for too long.
    Jody, my DH doesn't have much patience for making doctor appointments or dealing with details on stuff. It's frustrating! Good luck with the weight loss. It's hard!
    Lori, it's amazing what good solid night of sleep will do for a person! Glad you got to experience it!
    Lana, hope you got a lot done today on your day off.
    Jess, any math abilities my kids had, they got from their dads, not me! Hope you do well on the Praxis!
    Lucie, I hope you rest well tonight. You deserve it!
    Katrina, our humidity level Tuesday was 90%! The floors at work were sweating. It was bad! Papers in my classroom were limp. Enchiladas sound good.
    Pam, I hope the insurance people found you some savings.

I'm off to bed. I'm excited that tomorrow is Friday! Night, everyone.

18. sweetpumkinpye

Night Miss Jane,
    Sleep well.

Finished the pantry. Moved some shelves higher so that I can stack some tinned goods. It has actually given me more room. Threw out som expired foods which makes me feel awful. I would hate to think the amount I have thrown out over the years. Will need to rethink how I buy and use groceries. Tomorrow I will tidy the cooking/spice cupboard.