Tea-time Thursday March 14th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Mar 14, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends :) Have a nice cup of tea and join me for chit-chat

2. luludou

Was awake a few times during the night and would've slept in this Morning. No gym this Morning. Dropped off a bag with a wintercoat and a sweater at the homeless home this Morning. Don't know what was going on but it was nice out and they all seemed to be outside waiting for the police. I know one of them was Walking away and screaming and talking to himself.
    One of the men asked me for money for muffin or coffe (or so he says, he didn't seem quite straight)… said I didn't have any but gave him a granola bar. he seemed ok with that.
    It was in the local paper yesterday, 3 youths will make special coins for the area around here and the only thing they can buy with it is food, sleep at the Shelter and basic necessities - I will buy some of those coins when they come out.
    Yesterday as I was waiting for dh to pick me in the building downstairs (train and bus station), a woman was sitting on the floor talking with 2 police officers. they were quite patient and told me she was borderline being taken to the hospital… she was not confused so that saved her. She was going to the airport to take a trip so they took her to a taxi. They were there because the hotel she had slept at had made a complain… she defecated in the garbage can and pissed in a glass and put that in the hallway. they asked why she did that… she said it was normal, you can't keep that Inside of you the toxins are Dangerous?! She was from Toronto and saying her ex-husband was paying men to follow her everywhere and stalking her… policed verified with Toronto police and she was known to them for mental problems. Drama was more interesting than the book I was reading.
    DH is ordering the bathroom cabinets today. Plumber came Tuesday night to finish plugging shower plumbing… the tile guys cut the hole a little too large around one of the outings… dh said he would put a silicone joint but I was not happy, but hey what can you do now? Always Something.

Have a great day

3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Morning Lucie, what an interesting time you had at the bus station. I love people watching, I think it is so interesting.
    I hope that it is warming up for you and that you have a great day.

luludou likes this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Was raining when I went to bed and still is. It had stopped during the night I know at times because I was awake several times.

Yesterday got to about 69. There was a wind but when I got home Teigan was riding her bike around the driveway with Allen so then I was out with her for mayhbe about 45 minutes to an hour. Ate and ran to Radom.

No much happening.

Hear thunder.

Lucie, I agree quite eventful.

Need to find one of Teigans library books (Curious George) and look mine over and take back tomorrow night.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I woke with a bit of a headache this morning at the base of my neck. My nose is stuffy as well. I hope i'm not getting whatever DD has had. She is still coughing her head off. I have looked the past two days for same day appointments for her and there are none to be had. Everyone is coming down with whatever this is. My friend's son had/has it and she said her throat was starting yesterday. My throat hurt for a couple days shortly after DD's did at the beginning and then I was okay.

I have the Spouses' Club luncheon today. We doing a Price is Right game. Should be fun and entertaining if nothing else. I really need to get some good work in on my performance assessment so that is how I will be spending my afternoon. I'm anxious to get started on my next class. DH got DS's car started on the first go by just wiggling the battery wires, so hopefully it will be fine now. DS has his last final today and gets out at 10. He's also off work today. I need to do the checkbook this morning and pay bills.

Lucie- I love that coin idea! I don't like giving money because you never know what will be done with it. I would rather give food, clothing, necessities. Wow, what drama!
    Hi Katrina! Happy day late birthday to your DH!
    Lana- Enjoy the weather!

Enjoy your day!

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, Everyone!

Boy, are we gonna get it in the weather department! The weather map is just covered with red! Storms, tornados, gusty wind! We all know I love those winds...not! The price we pay for spring weather, huh?

My sleep meds are what is causing my bad dreams. Last night, I didn't have any, thank the Lord! I don't even remember if I woke up at all! I did around 6-ish. Then it was the same hit and miss. But I don't feel as tired. Right now, I am hungry! 12:40, and I have not eaten. Had a spell at DD's yesterday, so I do not want another one today. It took a lot out of me until I ate.

Looks like I will have Easter dinner, but it might be later in the day. Need to plan the menu. I will have the ham, and maybe mashed potatoes. Oh, heck, I will do corn, too. Rolls maybe. Someone can bring desserts and drinks and ice. If I feel industrious,I may just make a cake. One year, I made a chocolate layer cake, and frosted it with green icing. Sprinkled some green sugar on it, and some jelly beans. Then twisted some pipe cleaners for a handle, and voila! Looked like an Easte basket. I did cupcakes, too. Used tinted coconut (green) on top of the green icing, with a couple of jelly beans, twisted pipe cleaners, and had mini baskets. My kids didn't even think it was a cool idea, but my neighbors did!

Ok, I am going to get something to eat. I will start with yogurt. Yikes! We can have wind gusts as high as 50-60 mph today! Don't like it one little bit. You all stay safe and be blessed today, y'hear?

7. luludou

Pam… all that green… would be great for a St-Pat's menu.
    For once I have some earrings and st-patricks earrings… and wouldn't you know it, it's a Sunday, so no wearing it at work, will have to wait for next year.
    Spanish was fine. will cancel next Week as our spanish friend can't come.

Later

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. We are having more wind today, but it's bright and sunny. DH and I will go shopping as soon as I get showered and dressed. Lunch too, I suppose - I have to use bribery to get him out of the house.

I want to crochet when I get home, and then it's off to gymnastics. Dgd's coach wants a private session with dgd before State this weekend.

Those experiencing the storms- be safe. Have a great day everyone!

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello everyone,

Back at work today and it's lunch time already. The morning just flew by as I cleaned out my email Inbox and caught up on the snail mail. I love busy days - it's time to go home before I know it. I'm meeting with a landscape company tonight or tomorrow. He wasn't sure he could make it tonight so I said either night would work. It's light until past 7pm now so no issue with that. Yard work is not my thing and with Vic being gone (and the lawn mower and all the yard tools still in Virginia), I need to get someone to take care of it. Our neighborhood is small, quiet, well-established and my neighbors all seem to enjoy yard work or have a gardener. Everyone's yard looks tidy and ours needs to as well.

Making menus and a grocery list tonight. I'm on Day 6 of a Whole 30 - trying to get back on track with some healthy eating. I'm going to make a yummy egg, sausage, spinach, and mushroom casserole this weekend that I can cut into portions and bring to the office each morning.

I hope you're all having a great day!

Lucie - I love the coins idea - I think about buying some grocery store gift cards to give out but you can buy cigarettes and alcohol at most stores so that's not a good idea. Maybe McDonald's cards? Hate that it's not the healthiest option but at least someone could get a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich.
    Jess - Ugh, the whole military medical appointment system process drives me nuts. It seems like you have to be on the phone the second they are available to get a same day appointment. And why do I have to verify my full address and phone number EVERY.TIME.I.CALL? Why can't they just ask if there are any updates? Grrrrr. Yesterday was the big spouses' club luncheon in Virginia - it's the one that rotates each year between the Navy, Army and Air Force groups. Loved seeing the photos on Facebook, so missed being there.
    Pam - Easter dinner sounds delicious and I love the Easter Basket cake idea. Do you ever pipe your icing? There's a cool basket weave piping tip that makes such a neat looking cake. Vic and I took a cake decorating class in Virginia, really enjoyed it and have all the tools now but haven't made a decorated cake since then!

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon . its 75 beautiful out. have to get my window fixed this weekend can get it down just cant get it back up. had the sun roof open driving home. going to start looking at prices girl at work wants to go new york with me next month or in may i need to go before it gets hot. have agood night

11. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

DH and I went to DD(32)'s school last night to help her get more things off her list. DH had a back wax I could hear him groan. lol. She is looking pretty good now and should be able to finish up on time.

They don't have an actual graduation ceremony. They "roast" the graduate and have refreshments. I ask her teacher if I could bring in the refreshments and DD said she want a certain cookie so I will make a variety of cookies for it. I will freeze some and take to DB's when I go up to help him out, hopefully next Thursday. (He is doing well and is being encouraged to walk more.)

I have the hallway and stairs cleaned and half of the bathroom done. I will resume that once I am done here.

Have a great afternoon and evening.

luludou likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

Checking in again.
    I have woken up with a back ache, not sure what I have done but it has been niggling for a few days. I do not have time for a sore back so it will have to just move on.
    More Winter prep for me today. Working on the study. Trying to get it a bit more cosy but it is a weird room and not sure how much I can do in here. Will at least be cleaned.
    Dinner tonight will be pizza for DH birthday which was yesterday. I offered to go out to a restaurant but he says he is happy with pizza with the kids.
    Will go to the shops soon and get some garlic bread and salad things to go with it. Should have done it while shopping yesterday but did not realise that we were eating at home.
    Just ordered some DVD's for DS and DB, 2 seasons for $40 so another couple of gifts in the closet.

Better get moving,
    xoxo

13. luludou

MissJoDee looks like a nice ceremony.

dh is gone to guitar lessons. super was quick as he wanted grilled cheese sandwiches. Love suppers like that.
    Puzzles are done, will need to go get some more at mil's this weekend.

Katrina, what dvds? did you buy?

Talking about cozy, I joined a FB group (sorry if I mentionned it before) it's called Creating a cozy life - Hygge style
    I like the pictures that the members put o on there - so calm and cozy

Night

14. sweetpumkinpye

Lucie, DB collects many series so I got him Blue Bloods season 8.
    DS is also a very big DVD fan and realised that he did not have Chicago P.D season 2. Not sure how I missed getting him that. I saved $14 by buying to 2 seasons today.

Will have to check out the Facebook page.

luludou likes this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

Back from Mayo and the testing is done. We drove down in dense fog but with 40F temps so no to worry about. I was screaming at Dh a few times. He does not slow down when he sees brake lights in front of us so it really scares me. He knows it bothers me so I do not mind screaming. One time he veered over into the wrong lane because the fog was so thick. I was feeling car sick when we finally arrived. He drives by putting the gas on, letting up and then surging forward. I never get car sick. DD was complaining too about her stomach. Next time someone else takes me or I’ll drive down. lol It was a long ride.

First test was the Upper Endoscopy. Was called in a few minutes early, had a wonderful tech check me in and then put on the fashionable hospital gowns. Nice waiting room with 6 other ladies. By now it’s 10am. One lady had been ther since 8 for her 8:30 appointment. Finally about 10:30 all of us were being called to the next place, a comfy bed to get IV’s started and the EEG probes put on. Another person came and took us to the procedure room. Dr came in, reviewed my records with me and said he wanted to take some biopsies to check my celiac disease. He said even with being totally gluten free there can be problems. Next thing I know I’m waking up in recovery. They gave me three small cups of 7UP and off I went along with my iv still in for my next test. Just an abdominal CT. This moved along quickly once I was set up. Turns out it’s a 3 minute test done twice. Once without contrast and once with. I’ll hear something in the next few days and then again when the biopsy comes back.

Once home, easier drive since the rain was washing away the fog and I was rather drugged, I fixed dinner. Now a hot bath and bed.

DD did really well waiting. She worked on her loom getting two coasters done and played games on her tablet. I’ll write a review about the long wait for the first test. I’ve never had to wait so long without some explanation.

Good night all.

luludou likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

The luncheon was probably the best one of the year so far! I sat with mostly ladies that I had never talked to before, except two that I do know. Two of them it was their first luncheon and the other two are quite a bit older than me but do come regularly. We started with announcements and a guest speaker from the USO. Then we did an ice breaker activity. We each had a marker and a paper plate that we wrote our name on and there was a string attached to the plate. We were to wear the plate on our backs and then get up and walk around the room. We used our markers to write words on other people's plates to describe them something about them that we liked, but it couldn't be anything regarding their appearance. It was fun and a nice boost. Some of my "words" were: 'quietly fierce', 'dedicated', 'loyal', 'sweet'...there were more but I can't remember them.

Next we played Price is Right with the Commissary Manager. I didn't get chosen to play but it was fun to watch. We had lunch and then they did the opportunity drawings and we played another small round where everyone at each table took a turn trying to guess the price of the centerpiece from the Thrift Store and whoever was closest got to take it home. I almost had ours but one person was closer. I really wanted it too, matched my color scheme and would have been a great centerpiece for our dining table. I came home to two teenage boys instead of one. DS may be having a friend stay the night. I tried to take a small nap but they came downstairs and woke me up. I should be doing my homework but i'm so tired I don't think I would be able to concentrate. I think i'm going to try that nap thing again.

Pam- Be safe in those storms!
    Deb- Enjoy your day out!
    Pamela- Glad you're feeling better! They don't ask for anything when we call here except for birthday and last 4. I tend to make our appointments using the online system as much as possible.
    Faye- Sorry about your window!
    Jody- Your DH is a trooper! Sounds like you are well on your way to being 100%
    Katrina- Hope you can figure out what you did to your back and it gets better quickly!
    Lucie- Will have to check out that FB group!
    Diedra- Glad everything went well and you're safely at home!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Jess, Quietly fierce is perfect for you!

18. sweetpumkinpye

Moving along and getting most of my chores done albeit a little slowly. I have a salted caramel wax melt burning and the house smells divine, the windows are open and there is a nice breeze coming through.
    Am trying to contact DH to finalise details for tonight but he is not answering his phone. It is just pizza so that will be easy, DS is picking up soft drink when he is out. Will just need to tell DD what time

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. luludou

Diedra you had me laughing about how it went better on the ride back with your being drugged :) :)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. MrsSoup

Thank you! I did quite like that one and was surprised by it honestly.