Tea-time Thursday November 14th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 14, 2019.

  1. luludou

    luludou Well-Known Member

    It's freezing here this Morning so let's have some hot tea to warm us up.

    MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. luludou

    luludou Well-Known Member

    Freezing but didn't want to dress too hot as dh is having his 5 to 7 tonight - he will pick me up, drop me off at the store and I'll wait for him there. I have TONS of errands to do, thinking if I get a few already will have less to pick up at some other time.
    No gym this Morning… so off I go… online shopping here I come ;)
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Pam Spaur

    Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

    Good morning, Lucie and others.

    It is not as cold here as it has been for the last two mornings. Thank the Lord! It is supposed to get to 39* today. SHOCK. And by Sunday, it might even get to (are you ready?) 50! Yes, I said 50! Yayyyyy!

    I hope to get my laundry put away today. But I am going to try to get MJ out today. She has been under the weather all week. And I did not call to check on her. Some friend, huh?

    Think I will get my shower now. Wash the yuck off. I had a great time with Rocky yesterday. He was so sweet, and I took several pictures of him, especially when he was sleeping. I love my Furbaby so much. Just two more weeks till I see Brysen. I can hardly wait. I really just want to get my Christmas shopping done. Get it out if the way. Then decorate and wrap. Now, if Mother Nature will cooperate with no more white crap, I will be a happy camper! I must admit, tho, that I have spent one Christmas in South Carolina, and it was shirt sleeve weather, about 60+ degrees. Not the same.

    Ok, I am going to approach the shower area. Hope all is working well. Have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed! TTYL!
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

    MrsSoup Well-Known Member


    Did I mention yesterday that DD and I got down the Christmas totes and she decorated while I made dinner? Yes, we did! :p Then DH came home and was a Scrooge. I told him he was a sad little man. He did end up getting down the trees and anything else we couldn't reach or forgot though...I knew he would once we started the legwork. I told him I would figure it out and not to underestimate me. He asked me how I did it so I told him. I don't think he liked how I accomplished it and I tweaked my back in the process, he said it served me right. :rolleyes: I warned him it would happen. I will start figuring out the trees today. I have to figure out where to put a small bench and a coffee table in order to make room for the trees. Hmmm.

    I got my task revised (twice) and submitted yesterday, need to take the preassessment today and get it out of the way. I have PT this morning and then will drive back up to Schofield for a Commissary Focus Group even though that's not my Commissary anymore. I love the GM there and I haven't told him we moved yet.

    Lucie- I'll have some hot coffee with you. DD loves hot tea now and has it often in the evening. LOL Hope you get all your errands done tonight!
    Pam- Hope MJ is feeling better. Definitely not the same at the holidays when the weather is warm. haha We're on our 3rd year of it and I while I LOVE the island, I would prefer cooler weather during the holidays.

    Enjoy your day!
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. FrostyShimmer

    FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

    Took DD8 to the hospital for opening. I thought we'd be there all day getting the tests, but they were closing several departments to send staff to another hospital that had a shortage. It could have been disastrous because the doctor needed them today so I'd have had to take all the kids on a hour-long bus ride to another town to the other hospital that was already overwhemed, but we got there just in time and when I said I couldn't drive to the other hospital because I'd been dropped off for the day, each of the places we needed to go managed to squeeze DD8 in before shutting down. We were very lucky.
    As soon as we left I had a message that another child had been sick at school and needed to be picked up. The name wasn't the name of my child, so I hoped they'd called my number by mistake, but it was the name they'd got wrong, so we had to go get DD6 from school.
    So I've got all three kids home sick now. Roaring fire and Christmas movies. What else can we do?

    Luludou - joining you in that hot up of tea!
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. GrammaDeb

    GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

    Hello. I was up early to get my printer set up so DD could use it. Hers ran out of ink late last night, and she had a lot of pages to print. She & dsil had to run off for an appointment this morning, and then she has to go to the social security office to apply for a social security card to replace hers that is lost somewhere in this house. Apparently there are 5 states that cannot apply online, and ours is one of them.

    I just finished emptying and reloading the dishwasher. When dsil cooks he dirties everything. I made a HUGE mistake when we moved in - I told him I would do the dishes. Ugh.

    Whenever dh is finished showering & dressing I will take him to breakfast/lunch, wherever he decides to go. Then we need to buy groceries. Last week I bought 1/3 of what I need for Thanksgiving, and today I'll get the turkey and a few other things. Next week should hopefully finish my list except for a few produce items.

    Yesterday I had Dr. Phil on for background noise while I crocheted. He had a segment (rerun) where he had a huge ruler on the floor, and he had an audience member stand on the number representing her age. He had her face the number 80 and said it represented life expectancy. He posed the question, What will you do with the rest of your life? Whoa...that made me think. I don't have all that much time left. So this morning I made my list, and I need to get to work!

    Have a good day everyone!
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

    MrsSoup Well-Known Member


    I had PT and he had me do some deadlifts today, as well as the regular things. He decided to add deadlifts to my "homework" since I like weightlifting because i'll be more likely to do those since i'm not very good at doing my exercises at home. I need to get a dumbbell out of the garage. I went straight from there to the Commissary Focus Group. DS was in the bathroom when I left the house saying that he was going to school but would just be late. He was still at the house when I checked after my PT. I texted and told him he had better be gone by 10 and headed to school. He left and apparently the parking lot gate was closed and he couldn't find parking, he also pooed on himself, so came home and cleaned up, took some meds and walked to school. I told him he might as well just stay home because he would most likely be marked absent for the entire day anyway but he didn't want to have to call out of work. :rolleyes: Our rule is if he doesn't go to school then he has to call out of work.

    I'll start working on setting up the trees this afternoon and studying for my preassessment. I have nothing on my schedule tomorrow so will take it then. I will schedule my objective assessment for early morning this weekend.

    FS- Glad you were able to get the testing done without having to travel somewhere else! Sorry that DD6 is sick as well.
    Deb- I need to check DS's birth state and see if we can order a new SS card for him online. I cannot find his anywhere. I think he lost it when he took it to fill out paperwork at Wendy's when he was being hired there.
  8. sweetpumkinpye

    sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

    Good morning all,
    A busy day yesterday, Mum and I got all the gifts wrapped and stored away, we did not wrap hers obviously so I will do that today. It is a little early to be wrapped but I am working extra next week and have volunteered to sit with a friend who has had surgery the following week so yesterday seemed like a good time.
    I have gotten enough for the kids and DH, just need to get DH a few more gift cards. All the kids get a gift of cash too so will withdraw that from the bank much closer to Christmas.

    Today my brother will come over and do some gardening and tidying up the yard. I have an optometrist appointment at 3.30 down at our mall. I will head in about 2.30 and have a look at some Christmas stores and I need to get some photos printed so will do that at KMart. I will pick DH up from work and we will go to the hardware store and pickup gift cards for him and a few things that I need. We will grab some sort of take away for dinner and come home and watch some recorded shows.

    It is cold here and I will need to pull out track pants and a hoody.

    FS, hoping that the girls are feeling better really soon.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  9. PamelaG

    PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

    Hello there!

    Well, things come in threes, isn't that what they say? I took my vacuum in and it couldn't be repaired on Monday, yesterday the kettle gave up, and today, my phone has finally said its last goodbye. Unfortunately, I didn't find out about it until after the alarm didn't go off, after I should have been out of the house heading for the bus. I was feeling better but still not 100% so I called in sick and went back to sleep. Woke up feeling better and spent the day relaxing, I think I was just exhausted from all the running around I did over the three-day weekend. I have my backup phone to use as an alarm clock. So, new phone is in the cards for this weekend.

    I finished up the 2018 Christmas card album, all ready for this year. Now that all of that is put away, I can get this year's cards ready to go out in the mail. I'll get yours off first, Katrina, and hopefully it will arrive in time.

    Have a good evening!
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

    sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

    Thank you. I am going to post mine on Monday. I would rather them get there way too early than late.
    PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.

Share This Page