Tea-time Thursday November 1st 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 1, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH world, a new month for us. Not long before Christmas :)

2. luludou

Slept well but awake at 4:15 yet again, what is it with the 4:15?? Still tired even though I went to bed at 9:15, Halloween was a big night. 335 Halloweeners (was 333 but 2 came as I was closing the lights). We had exactly 335 bags done!
    Today should be a nice day at work… our appreciation afternoon… a cold lunch box will be offered to our group and then we discuss the pictures of us we brought in the other day. should be fun.
    Cranky CW next to me… well, I must say I have hardly seen more pig-headed than that… here she was almost crying the other day saying director doesn't like her and he told her to respect work times and she needs a doctor's doctor for even 1 day missing, blablabla. I was feeling bad for saying she left at 2:15 evry day instead of 3:30 like we HAVE TO… pfffff! her good résolutions lasted about 1 Week. Yesterday she left at 2:45 and at 3:00 the other 2 previous days…. let's just say she will get what she deserves if he talks to her again. It is just not fair for the rest of the workers. I will not preoccupy myself with that type of person - no respect for rules or people.

Tonight is bath & shower shopping AGAIN. hmpf!

Have a great day

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lucie- She will get what's coming to her i'm sure. Not your problem or your fault for saying anything.

I slept great until 3:30 and then was tossing and turning thinking it was later than it was and almost time to get up...it wasn't. I managed to go back to sleep for a bit and then woke up doing the same thing a little bit later. We had a good night last night. The kids got lots of candy. DH took them around and I stayed home in costume and handed out candy. I got tons of compliments from children and adults on my costume and one mom even took my photo with her children. haha So many children got super excited when they saw me because they knew what character I was. It was fun. We didn't get as many trick or treaters as last year and had a little candy left in the main bowl. I still have a smaller bowl left completely full of chocolate candy. It was my back up bowl. DD and I started taking down the cobwebs and such while we were waiting outside and I will finish up today. I'm ready for it all to be packed away and move on.

I'm going to Stroller Warriors this morning and it will probably be rough since I didn't run at all last week. But we have a 5K on Sunday and I need to get at least one run in beforehand. Plus I want to test out my new wireless earbuds. I should probably get them charging.

Enjoy your day!

4. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. We had lots and lots of trick or treaters last night. We live in a gated community with young families. DD let dgkids go out alone with their friend. After visiting everyone, friend went home and changed costumes - and then they went out again. Friend got more candy - pfft - but dgkids did not. Good.

I have to get lab work this morning, fasting. It is after 10:30, and I'm chugging water and waiting for DH to get out of the shower so we can leave. Today is our day to be kicked out of the house so Dsil can clean. After my lab visit, we will have lunch and spend some time at the library with maybe a little shopping afterward.

Have a great day!

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good afternoon,

Up at 3:00am to make sure Vic was drinking his prep, back to sleep until almost 7:00am and then it was time to shower and take him to the hospital. Took a couple of books with me but ran into a friend so the time passed quickly. Vic got an all clear; he's good for another ten years. He was pretty loopy from the sedation which was hilarious. Stopped at his favorite eatery to get him some noodle soup which he ate when we got home and then I put him to bed to sleep it off. Paid bills, tidied the office, watched a bit of You Tube, and did a load of laundry. I think we're heading to Vic's favorite hibachi place for dinner.

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

I. Could have sworn I wrote this a.m. I am losing my mind. But I am in so much pain today that I don't care.

Have not accomplished anything today. I tried, but just couldn't. I will be so glad when tomorrow is over! Hopefully it will cure this back of mine.

I think I had best go lie down. My tailbone is killing me. I will try to come back later. I think the weather is having fun with my back. NOT FAIR, MOTHER NATURE! It has been raining all day, and it has a Cole chill in the air. But this weekend should be in the 50s. TTYL.

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Springlike today.

Was very congested last night and had lots of trouble sleeping. Got up this morning and felt worse. Wondered what I was coming down with. Went to Costco for a few things with DH and then lay down for about 2 hours. Feeling a bit better no.

Went into the city yesterday and saw Beautiful - the Carole King musical. Enjoyed it a lot. The two women next to me, baby boomers like me, enjoyed it too and wondered if a younger person would enjoy it. The two German ladies down the row enjoyed it and they spoke no English.

Pam - rest up - hopefully you'll be feeling better soon
    Pamela - glad Vic was given the all clear
    Lucie - impressed by the number of trick or treaters you got - we got maybe a dozen
    Jess - super costume!
    Lisa - hope the ankle is better quickly
    Deb - hope the tests go well

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It's going to be another hot one here today, too early to be this hot in my opinion.
    Off to the Doctors this morning, do not feel that I have lost any weight this week, I will be surprised if I have. Not sure what I have done differently.
    Dog groomer will be here at 10 and will also have visits by tradesmen to fix the door lock and the aircon. DD is not well and would like me to pick up some things for her today while I am out.
    Was planning to deep clean the loungeroom today but do not see me getting a chance to do that. Will try but if not will work on it tomorrow.
    Better push off,

Much love,

9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Finally got on but will see if it last. The tech was off yesterday but to call tonight.

I went today and purchased a new computer at Staples. Not in stock so it will come in next week. Not sure about this.....it will be Windows 10!!! I hear that is difficult. I am using 7 yet.

Rainy and cooler today. Ran to Mt. Vernon this a.m. and again after taking Teigan to school.

Yesterday was Ryans 34th birthday. Last night Jaymee and Allen took Teigan to skilled care where Aunt Imogene was for trick or treat.

I better run. Supper is cooking and Teigan wants to put her tree up tonight. :) Was at Menards today and looked at Christmas and she got a few ornaments.

If I am not on just having computer trouble.

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Went to Stroller Warriors this morning and got just over 2 miles of running in. I improved my pace too. I wore my new earbuds. They weren't super comfortable at first but improved once I started running, I think because I was focused more on running than the earbuds. We'll see how they do on Sunday. I listened to cadences on Pandora but it cut off halfway through and went back to a regular station. Will have to find a bunch to download and make my own playlist I guess. I definitely had better breath control with the cadence, but my second mile was faster with the regular music but I thought I was going to die by the time I finished. I prefer the cadence.

Lana- I have Windows 10 and it's really not difficult at all once you get used to it. You can choose to use a regular desktop (that's what I do).
    Pam- One more day!
    Debbie- Feel better!
    Pamela- Glad Vic got the all clear!
    Deb- That wasn't right of that "friend". That's cheating the system. I would never let my kids do that after being out for so long and getting so much candy. DS almost changed costumes last night because his was so hot, he was sweating buckets in his inflatable dinosaur and came home early, but he ended up just staying home, but his would have been for a reason.
    Katrina- Hope DD feels better quickly!

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jess, thanks. Dropped groceries off. It is just a cold but she always seems to get floored easily.

Back from the doctor, no weight loss this week as I suspected. I think I was over eating my calories. I will down load a calorie tracker to my phone and see if that makes a difference. Not disappointed but a little confused as to where I went wrong. Anyway back on the horse.

The groomer is here and has my nervous little Pippa with him at the moment. Harry is pacing, waiting for his turn.

12. luludou

Deb I agree with Jess, the friend is just cheating the system and the parents are not doing a good job of teaching him to be honest in his life.