Tea-time Thursday October 12 2017

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 12, 2017 at 4:47 AM.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning to my friends (raising a toast with my cup of tea :) )

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lucie and all who follow!

I'm sipping iced tea this morning....my usual routine....so I raise a toast, too.

It's Thursday....I was hoping it was Friday. lol Rough night with Karla. She was barking, pacing, whining....and needed nothing. I don't know what's up....full moon is over, so I'm not sure why she is so on edge.

Heading back to school. Another video appeared yesterday on social media of a fight at the middle school. I think all the videos prove that our students are physical and aggressive.....which they aren't learning in school. There are many other fights and events that haven't appeared on social media, so the issue is HUGE. You all would be flabbergasted....maybe not Tanya ;)...but most of you. I came home yesterday and told J about my day and the student who wouldn't stop chanting "art", then "beep" at dismissal. He pulled out the rum and made me a daiquiri:p. I wan't even complaining....lol....and I'm trying to not complain to you all, but it's the reality of my days.

I'm finally getting a hair cut this evening. Can't wait....it's long overdue.

I need to read and catch up, so no personals for me right now. Hope you all have a lovely day!

3. luludou

Day off gym this morning. Got into work early but I read and puttered around.

The minimum wage here is 11,25/hour and 9.45/hour for workers with tips (they have to declare 15% tips whether they get them or not).

Lisa - I too was hoping it was Friday! but hey I'm getting a 4-day weekend woohoo! I hope my plans work out and I can finish lots of 'extra' housechores and then start working more towards... Christmas!
    Jane - wow you do have a busy weekend!

So yesterday, for 91$ I got for the men: 2 dress shirts, 2 pairs of underwear, 3 ties, 1 pair of socks, 2 t-shirts, 4 sweaters. I got myself 1 pj top, 1 sweater (will be used for a thief costume at some point) and 1 beautiful scarf. Got one wodden tray, 1 pair of slippers (for dh), one table runer with small wood slices (will use the wood slices to make crafts), 3 pairs of fuzzy socks for Christmas gifts, and another buttoned up vest (maybe for nephew for next Christmas!). I think I remembered everything.

Have a great day!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

I also am having ice tea. My all day item.

I am also ready for Friday about 3 and then want time to go S--L--O--W!!! Have next week off. Would really like to finish this craft room this week-end and get my bedroom moved around. Not sure if flooring will get done in here tho. Allen is suppose to work like heck in here today so will see.

As always just ready to be done with it and ALL!

Lucie, you got a lot for your money.

Lisa, hope your day is smooth. I don't know if you would be able to make it thru a normal day since you HAVENT had one in years it seems!

Everybody have a GREAT day!

5. jollykelly

jollykelly Active Member

Good morning ladies!

I am drinking coffee and eating cold pizza. Breakfast of champions! But I will raise a toast as well!

Christmas in in the air, even though the temperature does not feel like it.
    Last night while in the car with DH we drove past a house that had a huge Christmas tree all lit up in the bay window. We both saw it at the same time, but had two very different reactions, At the exact same time I said "Oh wow" he said "Don't even think about it". So we had a good laugh about that.

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go........have a great day.

6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

I am to be at work in about 45 mind. Will finish the guest room now that I have the linen closet done.
    Lucie you did well with your purchase. I too am anxious to get projects done so I can move on to Christmas prep. Just have the kitchen to go.

Lana you’re moving right along. I am sure J appreciates it.

Lisa praying for a good day for you and your students. Personally, I think the video games are a big part of the problem. When I asked my student what they did on a day off “played video games” was almost always the answer.

JollyKelly October is a little to early for me.

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Active Member

Afternoon, Everybody!

I am being a slug today. I need to get my shower. Still not getting anything done around here. My fault for being so lazy.

Steve was in a lot of pain yesterday, and fizzy and nauseous. Poor kid. I don't know where he and Mel stand. Tomorrow is their tenth anniversary. Wish I could take them out to eat.

Of all things I forgot at Aldi's yesterday: lunch meat and peanut butter. I looked for smoked sausage, but didn't find any. I may have to run out to Walmart today or tomorrow. It is only about ten minutes or less from me. Aldi's is like three minutes...about three blocks. Convenient! I also have two meat markets very close: one on the way to Aldi's, so 1 1/2 minutes. And the other less than five minutes. Very convenient. So, yes, a trip is definitely in order. I am hungry just thinking about it. Lol

Well, I hear the shower screaming my name. I wish it would come to me instead of the other way around! Everyone try to have a good day. I, too, am a firm believer that the video games have caused the increase in violence. And lack of parental control. It is heart breaking. God bless all our teachers.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I took the plunge today and posted a couple of my edited photographs on a Photographers Education FB page this morning, a little nervous about the feedback i'll get. One is a photo of DS that I took back in March and edited and the other is one from yesterday of DD that I did minor edits to. I asked for constructive criticism so I can try to improve. I am still very new to Photoshop and have checked out a few books from the library, one in particular is proving helpful so far. I know there are tons of videos and such online as well. This FB page has been helpful as well. I have been learning more about my camera and what it can do too. I have several pictures from yesterday that I want to edit, but my eyes were not cooperating with me last night so I had to quit. I also need to find a mouse to use with my laptop, we have several floating around the house.

DS has an appointment this morning for a fungal rash on his neck. I also need to pick up a prescription. Then we'll come home and most likely go to the pool. Not sure which pool yet, i'll let the kids decide. The weather will determine if we go before or after lunch as it's supposed to rain off and on today. I do need to run to the Commissary for a few things.

Lisa- The violence that is happening in schools these days is astonishing. It's why we had to pull DS out of his middle school. I'm glad that DD's school so far has been okay and I hope it continues to be that way, but with our ever-changing population here due to being military and people constantly coming and going, who knows. These kids are dealing with a lot of things at home that they shouldn't be and they don't know how to cope I think. I know there's much more to it than that, but at least in the military population that is a big issue. We do have free resources, but I think a lot of people don't take advantage of them.
    Lucie- Wow, that is pretty good pay!
    Lana- Good luck with the rooms, hope you get it all done!
    Kelly- Hahaha
    Hi Jody!
    Pam- How's the unpacking coming?

Enjoy your day!

9. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Howdy,

I have today off, but it is a busy day anyway. I got up and did the housework and started the laundry first thing. K and I just got home from running errands and I am now starting school work. The dog trainer will be here at 4:00pm and we have the annual general meeting for our housing co-op at 7:00pm. It is expected to be a long meeting - not looking forward to it, but attendance is mandatory.

Later.

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

week has been very busy . off sat . did go to the state fair grandson loved it. making chicken yams and green bean for dinner so need to get to it. have agood night

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning to you all.
    I have a busy day here and as soon as I finish here and get dresses I will get started. I need to do groceries, pack and get the ironing done before we leave Sunday morning. tomorrow is an all day training day with my DrillDance team so nothing will get done. glad that I have all day today.

Reading about Jane's new job at the bakery, glad that she is enjoying it. Minimum wage here is $18.29 per hour, Australia does not traditionally subscribe to the practice of tipping.

Anyway must go, as much as I could sit here all day, there are things to do....
    Much love,

12. luludou

Things are so expensive around here that the minimum wage pay is not much :(

Not much going on tonight. just resting. dh is sleeping in his chair. Tomorrow I start my 1st essentrics class of the season (stretching in movement) from 7:30 to 8:15 and at noon I have my stretching class.... I should feel tall by the end of the day. :)

today was spanish conversation - just me and my Spanish friend, nobody else could come.

Had a weird meeting this afternoon... hummm things are changing again at the office, will see where it leads us.

will start my weekend to-do list :)

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

DS got the stuff for his rash and the doctor told us that there are other options as well, but that it will most likely be a chronic thing. We picked up our prescriptions and came home. Shortly after we got home we got ready and headed to the pool. We stayed for about two hours and then came home. My friend and her daughter were there so I talked to her while the kids swam. I have lasagna in the crockpot, my first time making it in there so I hope it turns out good. I worked on some photo editing and played with two pictures. I may still do some more to them but i'm happy with them so far. I put them on Facebook. No one has commented on the Photography page of what I posted this morning. Not sure why so i'm a bit discouraged. I checked to make sure my post hadn't been deleted and it hadn't. :(

I'm going to go read some more in my Photoshop book.

14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. We're just making it in from the carnival. We ran to Winnsboro and got something to eat. I don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't realize the carnival would run so late, otherwise, I would have put something in the crock pot this morning. I need to look and get stuff out to thaw to cook this weekend.

Minimum wage here is $7.25/hour.

I have a hair appointment at 9:00 in the morning. I'm going in to work at the bakery after I get finished. DD20 is coming home tomorrow after a meeting. I'm looking forward to seeing her. She's not been home in 3 weeks. I'll need to pick up a few things from the grocery store after I get off work. Then, the ballgame...

See you all tomorrow. I need to get myself into bed. It will be a long day tomorrow.