Tea-time Thursday October 17th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 17, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Rainy day here, perfect for a nice cup of tea with friends

Screen_Shot_2014-10-01_at_9_20_27_PM-5283.jpg

happy2bme likes this.
  2. luludou

It's gonna be rain and Wind all day here… Goodbye Fall leaves!

Was awake by 3:45 but I did go back to sleep for half an hour before wake-up time. No gym this Morning but I do have a conference from 7:30 to 8:30 for stress management and cardiac coherence. Have another meeting at 11:00. Spanish at noon.

Last night prepped my overnight bag for this weekend. DH will not go to his guitar Lesson tonight, he says he has to change the oïl in the Rav-4 before we leave on Friday. Will leave work at 2:00 pm and will go to my parents for supper and to sleep. Then Saturday from there to see dd's competition - $45 a ticket just to assist. We will probably go back to my parent's to sleep on Saturday night.

I have received some Gooseberry Patch books from a good friend and I have been pouring over these the last fews nights… I NEED to stay home and make some of the recipes in there - found some great soup recipes.

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul and Lana like this.
  3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I'm not sure I moved an inch last night after I went to sleep...some of the best sleep I've had in a while. Thank goodness. Across my right shoulder and neck is sore. It has been for a few days. I'm ready for it to go away.

DGS#2 has the school carnival tonight and I'm taking him. DDIL has to sell tickets for it and DS has to help paint the football field where he works. I'll get details from DDIL later today...how long we'll stay, how much we'll spend, etc. I'm ready for the weekend.

Lucie, what kind of competition does DD have...guess I missed it if you said earlier?
    Pamela, when I read that you have to get up at 4:15 to make it to the bus and work the other morning, I was shocked! I don't see how you manage to stay awake long enough to get anything done in the evenings when you get home. How much sleep do you get per night? I would say not enough! Hope boss is there today to enjoy cake.

Have a great day, everyone!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Lucie, Gooseberry books sound so good. I have been behind the last couple of years buying them.

Jane, busy day for you.

Today is just me and another girl at work.

Hope to accomplish something tonight.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, All!

Ready to go to DD's to do laundry. I just don't feel like moving right now. Lol.

My only plans for today are to do laundry, and my checkbook. Gotta see if I have enough to get my meds. I think I do, but darn! That Vitamin D is expensive. They are 50,000 units each, and I need 12. And insurance does not cover it. Oh, I need to clean up my kitchen, if I feel up to it.

I have one big cool whip container of veggie soup left. I may give it all to MJ or split it between her and Norm.

Well, it is ten o'clock, and I need to get with it. Hope you all have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. luludou

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. I'm sitting here sipping my apple juice and listening to Il Divo, taking a break. I've tweaked my to-do list about as much as I dare - I sure don't know how our grandmothers got everything done.

Dd & dsil are off to an appointment. As soon as dh is showered and dressed we'll head out for a day of errands & shopping.

Lucie - is it bodybuilding? Good luck to your dd!

Have a nice day Everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. angelpugs

angelpugs Active Member

Got housework done and got christmas totes lined up in craft room which i sorted things in there as well not much to do as we're getting that bad rain storm lots of rain,wind alot of damage around some without power so far things are okay here.Have to do baking for our church bazaar bake table tomorrow doing some pumpkin and applecider baked goodies for that and i'll bake some extra for here.Have a good day everyone.

happy2bme, missjane and Ahorsesoul like this.
  9. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I have been painting doors. I did 2 yesterday and the primer on the last 2 today. I am just waiting for the paint to dry so I can do another coat. I really wanted to paint them black with a white trim and the walls are gray. The hallway is just to dark to do that besides I had lots of white paint.

Tomorrow I will start in the craft room and work on the ceiling tiles and light panel need to be cleaned. Once that is done I can reorganized it.

Angelpugs, currently, DH and I are waiting for a good rain storm so we can determine if we corrected the problem leak in the downstairs. If not, I may cry because it will likely cost a lot of $$$ to fix.

Pam, sounds like your Vit D is a prescritption, Have you tried comparing the cost with Good RX? Good RX can replace your insurance cost. You use Good RX or your insurance.
    Lana, hope your day is swift and your plan for the evening and weekend comes together.
    GrammaDeb, I know what you mean, how did Grandma do it all. My brain says 22 yrs old but body acts like 60.
    Lucie, I understand about being gone a lot. We just got back and I should do 2 trips to MI in November. Will probably do them but keep it really short each time. Oh and I love the picture greetings you are sending us each morning.:)
    Jane, I slept well too

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I went to my dad's in Columbia yesterday. We had lunch at my favorite local place and then drove around town a little. Went back to his house and watched a movie and then went back to town to visit a cool store and have dinner with my brother, his girlfriend and my ex-stepmom. Went back to his house and started another movie but fell asleep so went to bed. Got up this morning and had some coffee, thought we were going to go to breakfast but dad got dressed and said he was heading out to golf so I left and went to the mall and got Panera for breakfast and stopped at Starbucks to pick up a Missouri mug for my friend and then headed back to my mom's (1 1/2 hour drive). I have enjoyed driving here because you can't drive that far on the island. It's peaceful to drive in a straight line that far with the music playing and wide open spaces.

I told DH and my friends that I was perfectly fine on the island, not homesick or anything and now that i've been back here i'm going to be depressed and homesick when I get back to the island. I just got off the phone with my two friends. Talked to my bestie and then called my other friend. They are still in a weird place and i'm trying to talk to each of them and help them work it out. I think they will soon, we'll see. I was going to do homework but my bestie called and then I needed to call my other friend so nothing done. Oh well. I've made a dent anyway this week.

I guess i'll try to get some work done now.

Later friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

It's cold and very windy here today. Lots of fallen leaves, for sure! It was a looonnnnggg school day. It just seemed to drag on today. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. My new student is giving me a run for my money....just when I thought I was going to make it through the year without any major behavior issues. Sigh.

Got news today that my cousin's father passed away. It was a shock, as he wasn't ill. Our good friend's mother also passed, but they aren't having a viewing or service.

It's just about time to pick up M from her final soccer practice of the year. They were turning in uniforms and reviewing film, I think. J has a committee meeting, so he won't be home until later.

Jessica...glad you got to spend time with family.
    Lucie...I'd love to see dd's pics from the competition.
    Jane...hope you are feeling better.
    Waving hello to you all....peace and blessings....

12. luludou

Lisa - sorry for your losses.
    GrammaDeb, that's it - bodybuilding! was searching for the right word.

So glad tomorrow will be a short work day!
    Still raining and very windy… waiting for dh to pick me up.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good evening to all. havent felt to good today. got some oj going to bed

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. Pam Spaur

Choose evening.

Got my laundry done. Came home and did nothing. I fixed eggs and toast for supper. I need to call MJ and see what is going on. She did not want to do anything yesterday. So she said how about Thursday, and it took me three time to get thru to her that I could not go today. So I will see about tomorrow. I have some veggie soup for her.

The most important thing today tho was I got my Rocky lovins. He is the sweetest Furbaby ever! I don't know if I would ever have a dog again that I would love more than the Rockstar! My sweet little 90 lb. ball of fur. I love him to bits!

Figured out my check book. I'm good. But I am so P.O.'d with the cable company. Apparently, the cable company did NOT deduct my payment for October. I just want to punch somebody. Mel, fire up the bus! I am ready for a fight. Stupid cable company. This is why I quit the deductions several months ago. Grrrr. I will call my bank to verify that it was not deducted, then I am going to the cable store and raise #%^* with them! I will see what I have left in my checking account, too. I am really mad!

Guess I will go put my laundry away. I only had one load to do. I doubt that I will do much else. I am tired and achy. My poor son, Stephen....the doctor isn't sure if he has strep throat or not. He drove into work today, and lasted ten minutes and had to go home. He is off tomorrow and works Saturday, then off Sunday and Monday. Still nothing on Brysen. But we are putting our trust in the Lord.

Time to go put clothes away. Sleep well tonight, dear friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hi. Just back from errands and shopping. Ugh - my feel hurt. Resting for a few minutes and then I get to put it all away.

I bought a speedo swimsuit for dgs for his birthday. The salesman kept telling me the size was correct - size 28 for something about the size of a sock! And it cost $36! My goodness. At least he wears black mid-thigh length and not white panties like my dh had to wear back in high school.

I had dd pick up a leotard for dgd from me, when she was in the dance store buying a couple others. I've been to that store before - about 45 minutes away, in a group of ridiculously-priced boutiques, with no parking. But they do have cute leotards & leggings.

Had lunch at Jack in the Box. Slopped grease & catsup all down the front of my favorite shirt. I can't take me anywhere.

Time to put food away. Have a nice, relaxing evening.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    happy2bme and Ahorsesoul like this.
  16. Pam Spaur

Deb, you and I must be related, because I do that all the time...especially if I have on a white shirt. I need a giant bib.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I am so excited it could burst!!

My doc said I am the perfect candidate for a hysterectomy. I finally have a diagnosis... Endometriosis.
    My surgery is scheduled for December 4. It will get my life back!! Removing everything except ovaries.

I am having some cramping and issues from the biopsy (which I lived through). Not a lot of pain but tons of cramping during the procedures... weird cramping.

Hubby is taking me out for supper to celebrate having a surgery date. He is about as excited as I am.

I will need to get cracking on Christmas between now and the first of December with gifts and house cleaning. I will actually be able to relax and enjoy Christmas as.... I am not allowed to do anything for 2 weeks after surgery. No traveling. Guess if family wants to see us they will need to come to our house AND do the cooking.

MrsSoup and happy2bme like this.
  18. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. Pam Spaur

Carrie, March 19, 1987 was the happiest day of my life! I had a total roto-rooter job. I had begged for one for three years. But because I was in my late 30s, the docs kept saying no. I was thrilled when I finally had it, and never regretted it at all! I would have 12 day periods (or longer). It was like I didn't get a break, because two weeks later, I would start all over again. I am happy for you!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Count me in on the crafty shirt decorating group. We could probably sell our shirts online with the right marketing agent.

Took DD for a hair cut late morning. They are so good to her. They scheduled her when there were no other clients in the shop. Took all the time she wanted and it turned out excellent. They even did a little teaching how to get her curls the way she wants.

When we returned home, men were here cleaning the heating ducts. I looked into the ducts. Very dirty with dust, hair, pieces of who knows what. It looked like dust bunnies gone wild. Guy said it was about normal for a 40 year old house. They took all the vents covers off, washed and dried each one.

The problem happened when they went to clean the dryer vent. First he cleaned from the dryer as far as he could but when he turned the dryer on there was no air coming out the outside vent. Dh had noticed there wasn’t much flow Yesterday. So now we have a clogged vent. This guy ended up looking in the ceiling of the basement. Years ago someone must have moved the dryer from a different room. They have a bunch of twists and turns instead of a fairly straight shot going outside. So now we need someone to redo the dryer vent. Which means I have no dryer.

In between all this venting adventure I went to the doctors for my ingrown toenails. Taking DD with me. Had two toes on the left and on on the right cut on. DD kept busy by taking a video of the whole operation. Our doctor is really good with her so was telling exactly where to stand for a good view. DD was happy and didn’t get in the way. Now the toes are no longer numb so they do hurt. It’s a raw kind of pain but they feel better than they did before the surgery.

After the men left, Dh wanted me to help get the old shed organized. He’d been bugging me all day about this. When we moved he just tossed things into it. So I got all the wood in different piles, the tools, garden items together and about 40 pieces of old tool handles organized so the floor of the shed is clear, you can see what’s in there and you can find something. Of course the whole time I’m just getting more irritated. I asked last week for Dh to set aside half a day to help me get things done in the house. He picked tomorrow. We wrote it in the calendar saying we would not make any other plans. Except now he made plans to go golfing all day. Guess I’ll have to go shopping for a new refrigerator since the plans have changed. Will be the third one in less than a year. lol And I think DD and I should go out to lunch and dinner.