tea-time Tuesday May 8th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 8, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHHers!
    Let's have some tea and chat :)

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lucie and all who follow!

I'm sipping my tea and eating my breakfast. Then it's off to work. After work, it's a quick dinner and back out for M's Spring Concert.

Debbie...nothing major planned for M's party. We're doing a movie night sleepover. I bought the girls popcorn containers at Dollar Tree and filled them with movie treats, as a favor. I'm making "popcorn" topped cupcakes for the cake, having a popcorn bar for the girls, nachos and some candy treats. I have to decide on breakfast for Saturday morning.

Jess...congrats on the new job! That's exciting.

Have a great day!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Spouses' group board meeting this morning and then some errands - dry cleaner, library, bank, etc. Love this title, you know me and anything tea-related!

Sounds like a great party, Lisa, I love those popcorn containers. You can buy large plastic ones as well and some times I'll make a gift basket by adding a movie, microwave popcorn, and movie candy. Kids love them, would make a great Christmas Eve idea.

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I took my migraine meds, skipped dinner and went to bed last night. I woke up headache free this morning and i'm really hoping it stays that way. DS has his endoscopy this morning and then I need to come home and take my last graded test before my final on Thursday and do my first PiYo workout. Those are my must-do's for today. Before we leave I need to see if I can get my text book on the iPad so I can at least skim through my remaining chapters while at the hospital. I'm not dragging my entire laptop. I also need to set some chicken out for dinner.

I would love to get to Costco or Times for some fresh veggies but I doubt that's going to happen today. Maybe tomorrow. This new food program i'm doing focuses a lot on veggies and water. I did drink 64oz of water yesterday with no problem but we don't have the veggies in the house so I need to get them. Still waiting on my kit to come in the mail and FedEx tracking won't give my any information, says the tracking number can't be found. :rolleyes: Once it arrives i'll do a FB live video to unbox it, without DD. haha She has really gotten into those. She asked me the other day if her and her friend could make a YouTube channel, when I asked what kind of videos they would make, she said just random stuff. I said I would have to see and approve all videos, they never did it. I'm assuming it would just be them sitting there talking to each other or something or being silly. If they came up with something worthwhile like a craft show or something, then I would maybe let her do it with supervision.

Lucie- I'm sipping my coffee. ;)
    Lisa- Hope the concert goes great! That sounds like a fun party! Thank you!
    Pamela- Hope the meeting goes well. You are absolutely right about the cauliflower rice being an acquired taste. I'm not sold on it yet. I remember liking cauliflower, although I haven't eaten it in years.

Enjoy your day!

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all . had a meeting at work this morning always something new to hear..the only thing i hate about retail is asking people if they want to buy something at the register bc when i shop i dont like it. a nice day out already 75 . have a good day

6. luludou

Afternoon!
    Jess - congrats on the job!
    Lisa - the movie night evening sounds fantastic
    PamelaG - I too had errands to run all morning
    HW2 - have a good day

Had a 9:30 appointment with osteopath. Have to go back in 3 weeks and that should do it. Had to go to 2 pharmacies, bought a carpet for the kitchen door, a few things at the dollarstore, got my coat to the sewing lady for repair, dropped off the knitting-lady's knitting needles she had lent me, and stopped by the bank to deposit the income tax cheque and some rolled change. Dropped a few corn on the cobs and a bowl of sheppard's pie to mil.

Got home past noon. Just finished leftovers for lunch. Now on to my to-do list

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Good Afternoon all MHHers

We all needed a rest after this weekend so today I think most of us are back to normal.

I headed out to Goodwill this morning for supplies for the Acrylic Poured Art craft we want to do with DD. Not sure what day since it's suppose to be rainy today and tomorrow. I picked up two colanders but nothing else for the craft. I did find a cool cat bowl that is microwaveable (why would someone need to microwave cat food?) and dishwasher safe. The bows we are using now we made at an Empty Bowls event so we hand wash.

DD is napping so I sent LC1 to check out the pig piggy banks that GoodWill had on display. LC1 has a collection of them so I thought she might like to see them.

I'm thinking of traveling into the Twin Cities to a nursery. But may wait if it starts to rain. I'm stilling looking for Purple Elephant Ears for my containers.

Wishing all a great afternoon.

8. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Hello All,
    I did my first workout of a program I just got and found I will need to practice the positions in front of the mirror so that will be my workout for the rest of the week that way I will know I am doing it correctly.
    I didn't do much cleaning but did make a lasagne. I also made peanut butter cookies for a meeting I have to go to tonight. I wanted to make brownies but didn't have all the ingredients. I will run to the store on my way home from work tomorrow afternoon.
    That's my day.

9. luludou

This afternoon I read outside on the patio, called mom, got a call from credit card company, they will be sending me a new one... seems there was a breach of security on one of the sites I used my card on but don't know which, for now my transactions all seem legitimate. I reorganized fridge and put some stuff in the freezer so we don't lose anything. Prepped some fruits and some overnight oats for the rest of the week.
    Got corn on the cob cooking and will make spaghetti too for supper.

10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Another lovely spring day today.

Went to the bank and the p.o. and then lunch with my friend Inge. We sat outside and talked till almost 4 pm. Dinner was sandwiches again since my chicken didn't that in time. Well, at least I don't have to worry about tomorrow.

Also tomorrow we will put together my backyard swing, clean up for the cleaning lady and pack the camper for this weekends trip. We're going to one of the two campgrounds in NY that does not allow dogs so we have to pack Buffy for her stay at the kennel.

Lisa - sounds like a great party
    Lucie - glad you could get outside today
    Jody - cooking is more fun than cleaning any day
    Jess - get those tests done!
    Diedra - Did LC1 like the piggies?
    Hello Pamela and HW2

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

DS's endoscopy went good. The doctor said that she didn't see anything of significance except some nodes in his upper GI and they extended down as well, but she wasn't sure what they were or were from, she thought maybe from post-nasal drip/allergies. She did biopsy them. She did 6 biopsies in total and we'll have the results in about 7 days. She said when she biopsied his stomach it bled more than usual and everywhere she went seemed to be very easily irritated. He woke up just fine, had some water and a popsicle and we came home. He wanted food so we stopped at Burger King and I grabbed him a milkshake and chicken nuggets.

My friend called and they've already been offered a house in our neighborhood, not too far from us. I drove by the street to check it out and it's just right down the road. They don't have the exact address yet, just the street. Super excited about that! DS is resting in his room. I'll have to go pick DD up from band in about 45 minutes so will have to wait to take my test until I get back. Once my test is done i'll figure out dinner and then check out my workout.

12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

That's so awesome when a friend from another duty station is going to live close to you at the new one.