Tell Me Tuesday, 1-29-2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, you lovely people!

It is freezing cold here. I was up till after midnight last night working on Spaur Manor Deux. I had to take long breaks, because my back hurt so much. Still does, but that is ok. I just want to pass inspections. There are a couple of things they may find fault with, but I do not care!

It is snowing right now, but I don't think it will last long. But it is so cold. After I dressed and made my bed, I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, for dd, because she was bringing me milk. Fair enough, I would say. I had one. I may have to force myself to eat another. I love those things. So glad DD got me started on them.

I have so many projects going on in my mind that I want to do in the spring. I guess I should make a list. I need some new potholders. Mine are really getting tacky. And I do mean t.a.c.k.y. I want to go thru my fabrics and get rid of half of it. And thru craft stuff. I am not using it, so I should give it to someone who will. Maybe MJ's dgc.

The sun has come out. The snow has stopped for now. Hark! I may even light a candle!

Have a great day! Please, if you are in the freezing zone, stay inside unless you MUST go out. Ball State University has even cancelled classes for Wednesday. That is a biggie. So stay inside till it is over! Stay safe and be blessed. You are loved!

2. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It is starting off in the 50's here in Tampa and the sun is out. Back home it is 41* and raining. Tampa might be better this time.

Did grocery shopping yesterday but still need some stuff that the commissary did not have. Might try Publix. Got a box of mail from home with a lot of the tax info in it. I know one thing is still missing but might be able to get the filing over with early this year. Also got a new stack of magazines:). And still doing laundry!

Went to look at new blinds for the kitchen and front door. Now just need to measure. Some one will have to come and install them. Also ordered a new Direct TV box.

Pam - hope Spaur Manor Deux passes inspection with flying colors
    Jane - you're right about someone wanting the day off tomorrow and cancelling school
    Katrina - enjoy the birthday week! I have the same birthday as DDIL, though several years apart;). Talk about marrying. your mother!

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Pam- I'm sure the inspection will go wonderfully! The muffins sound delicious, wish I had one right now with my coffee!
    Debbie- A stack of magazines sounds delightful! Enjoy!

DH turned off his alarm this morning and fell back asleep. Lucky for him I wake up early and woke him up. haha I was tired though and must have missed his alarm going off because I woke up about 5-10 minutes after it should have gone off and wondered why he was still in bed.

I have PT this morning and then my mentor call directly after. I'm hoping i'm out of PT before she calls. I probably really should be home for this call since we'll talk about my classes this term and she'll approve them. Then i'll spend the rest of the day like I did yesterday, studying. I want to get this unit finished today and I need to study for the Praxis. I will go on another walk or maybe try to find a weight program I like today. I need to cut up the pineapple and broccoli I bought yesterday.

Enjoy your day!

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning!!

It is bitter cold here. My hands about froze shoveling the front walk. Yep, we got snow yesterday.

I have an icky cold. Kiddo had this a few weeks ago.... guess it is my turn. I am able to sleep okay. The sinus congestion only lasted the first day or so. The biggest complaint is my throat. It is horribly scratchy and I sound like Kathleen Turner. I am super tired at the end of the day. I have been wrapping up in a blanket and watching the British Baking Show until my guys fuss and beg me to watch something else. :po_O

When Kiddo gets home we will declutter his closet. Oh, I don't look forward to that.

Hope everyone has a good day.

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. got my taxes done last nite got a email said they were accepted so now just wait. its getting colder we may get rain -snow showers . going to the movies at 1 with a friend from work. have a good evening. stay safe and warm

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

I did have to go out this morning. First Dh went to do the shopping. When he came home he left the car running so it would be warm for me. He came in with the grocery bags and I walked out. I even put on a hat which I haven't worn for over 12 years. Yes, it's finally cold enough for me to put on a hat.

Dropped off one report and a form to DD work. So that is done until they tell me to do something else. Usually this is the case. It either gets lost or someone didn't fill out a blank spot. Even the lady taking the form says it's hard to understand. Her mom gets into a tizzy about them. They also send out letters saying your benefits are cancelled before the due dates so people get really rattled. I've learned to just shred them as they come in so I do not find it later. lol If after the due date one comes I take it to their office to ask if I need to do anything. I did update the information so I can check online. I'll see if it works this year. Sometimes it's not updated. Now I'm ready to finalize the other report but all the difficult work is done.

Schools and city offices will be closed for sure tomorrow. I'm getting alerts on my phone. Even the library is closing. It's nice to be able to order books online now. I'm loving it. Dh says he's not getting any real books anymore. It took him awhile to figure out the books on his iPad but now he is hook.

Last nights dinner was really good. Chicken on a veggie base instead of rice or noodles. I really could get use to eating like that. Tonight is burgers.

DD was up when I returned from report drop off. She wanted me to go to Culver's for her ice cream. Dh had already told her they didn't have any. So then she wanted us to go for Burgers. She was determined to go one way or the other. Since they were on the menu for tonight she was happy more or less. Then she wanted me to make cheese crust pizza for lunch but that is on the menu for Thursday. Now she's finishing her nap.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and warm (or cool depending on your weather).

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning. We are gray out but things should warm up to just over 60 deg. I told dh about the cold temps and snow in the midwest and east, and north and south. He said, "I guess that's why people live in the desert." I suppose so - I thought the only reason we live here is because it's where dd & family live. I don't like the desert. My thoughts & prayers are with those in the bad weather.

Dgd hurt her foot at gymnastics last night. She landed wrong and rolled her ankle. She applied ice last night, and today she's wearing a compression sock. This morning I told the kiddoes I would drive them to the bus stop so she wouldn't have to walk. She couldn't find her backpack or lunch bag, so she got in the car crying in frustration. I have since found the backpack & lunch bag, and I found the cat locked in dd's bedroom...but I have not found the bunny yet. He's upstairs somewhere.

I need to chop today's fruit & veggies and clean the kitchen. The rest of the day will be mine, to crochet...until time to fix dinner. Have a great day everyone.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Carrie- Feel better!
    Faye- What movie will you see?
    Diedra- Very sweet of DH to leave the car running for you. :)
    Deb- Sorry to hear about DGD's ankle.

I had PT this morning and actually did exercises, several of them. I wore jeans because I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do because last time I didn't do anything. Next time i'll be better prepared. Nothing hurt that I did and everything was fairly easy. I met with the doc afterwards and he said I shouldn't be there long since it seems i'm doing so well. However, there is still pain when a certain area is touched so he is worried that if I pushed my ankle that it will indeed cause pain. I'm to add heel walking to my list of exercises and he said I could try interval running and see what happens, that would push it a bit. It feels fine after the therapy this morning, was worried it might be sore, but so far so good.

I had my mentor call and my classes are all set up for Friday, the beginning of the term. I also emailed the Math and Writing centers and asked for study materials. I have already heard back from the writing center with a lot of resources and the automatic response I received from the math center had a link for some study materials for the exam so I clicked on that. I'm sure i'll get a personalized response from them as well though. I should be studying but I just watched The Resident from last night and DH should be home for lunch any time now. DD called this morning and her tire went flat on her bike so it needs to be aired up before she rides home this afternoon. I'll see if DH wants to make a trip over there at lunch.

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    Wednesday here and a huge to do list. It is mostly easy and fun things to do it just needs to get done.
    Will go and have lunch with DH today if I get the time, and then DrillDance training tonight. You would think that we would be over it after spending all week together but we are keen to get back to it.
    Grocery list needs doing and better put some washing on.
    That is it from still hot Australia.

10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

No snow....but a day off work! :) DH and I went to Monroe and bought him a new pair of dress pants to go with his suit coat. Then, we clunked around at some thrift shops and Goodwill. I'm looking for a square glass/pyrex baking pan. All the new pans have rounded corners. I want one (actually 2) with square corners.

My Dsis called. She does a lot on Ancestry. Someone contacted her about DH doing a DNA sample to see if he's kin to them. Pretty interesting!

Jess, that's good that your ankle seems to be healing well.
    GrammaDeb, I hope DGD's ankle heals quickly. Does the team have trainers who work with them on injuries?
    Katrina, enjoy your day. It sounds like some positive things you have planned for today.
    Diedra, my head swims at all the talk of the forms you have to do. I can't imagine having to keep it all straight.
    Pam, we aren't as cold as you, but our old house is hard to get warm. I was thinking today that I'm ready for some warmer temperatures, but I know I won't be saying that this summer!
    Faye, I hope the taxes process fast if you're getting a refund.
    Debbie, I've been resisting buying several magazines lately. I need to take a trip to the library and check some out. Trying to keep the clutter out!
    Carrie, take care of that cold!

Take care, everyone.

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! Know that I have read all the posts but just have no memory to answer them all.

So the snowstorm... well it was quite windy and blizzard like after lunch but now it's just a light snow... not really a snowstorm. Was very busy day at work but all went well.
    Supper was chicken, potatoes & carrot casserole.

That's it for me.

Night

12. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

With all the weather nastiness going on, I felt the need to watch Day After Tomorrow this afternoon. I texted a DS in Michigan to see how he is faring and if my old Mustang will even start in the cold temp. He said it starts fine but driving in the ice & snow is horrible. I did warn him when he decided he wanted the car.

I didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight, so I bought Arbys French Dips and salads for everyone. Now the family is off at gymnastics, and DH & I are watching Disney's Snow White while I crochet. No dishes tonight - yippee!

Have a nice night.