Terrific Tuesday 10/9/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Oct 9, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Thank you for all the good wishes for Sophia yesterday. She survived! The eighth graders were a bit of trial - honesty, she doesn't look more than an eighth grader herself - but she got through it all and is looking forward to subbing again.

Spouses' group Board meeting (my last!) this morning and then a farewell lunch. I will miss this group so much. I will not cry...I will not cry...I will not cry. So many goodbyes in the next few weeks but thank goodness for social media keeping us connecting and some of my friends here still send Christmas cards. I love social media but I don't love what it has done for Christmas cards. So many are going with an e-greeting. I know it's faster, cheaper, easier but I love cards. So thankful for our card exchange here.

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! should be warm here, but rain all day. Had a good night's sleep finally! was in bed by 9:15.
    gym this morning and work.

Have a great day

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I was up a little before six. I cleaned another area in the master bedroom. I should have done more but just not feeling it today, maybe later. I need to do my exit interview from my job at the forest preserve today. DBoss called last week and scheduled it. Will be glad when it is done.

Have a great day.

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. just ordered my kings dominion season pass for 2019 . cant wait to see the winterfest in dec there. cleaning some and washing clothes. not to bad out yet. supppose to be 82 today cooler later on this week yay!!!!!!!!!! hope everyone has a good day yes i love getting christmas cards too instead on online

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Cloudy and warmer today. Weird weather.

Did my knitting last night. Please remember that I have a lot of yarn for give-away - at least two big bags full.

Slept well and decluttered part of a desk before I even came downstairs. I am definitely on a roll!

Trip to Costco today and maybe Walmart. I might try to make mannicotti from the leftover lasagna noodles I saved for dinner.

Jody - sorry that retirement is being so stressful. We are fortunate to be able to stay in the same place and DS is near us; also we can travel. Hopefully you will get past this bump in the road quickly and will enjoy you and DH's well deserved retirement
    Pamela - it is so sad to stay goodby to friends but great that you can keep in touch
    Faye - wow! already thinking of 2019
    Lucie - glad you're feeling better and ready for work

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning, dear friends!

Debbie, do knitting lessons come with the yarn? Lol

I had a very distressing text from Stephen this a.m. On Saturday, Lindsay went on a date with a guy she went to school with. She has not been seen on heard from since. They tried to file a missing person report, but since she had been on her FB 2 hours prior, they would not file one. Needless to say, we are worried sick. At least, Steve and Mel have Brysen, and he is safe. Thank God for that.

I can't think of anything else, so please, if you will, pray for my DGD and the family.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I keep feeling like it's still the weekend because DH was home yesterday and the kids are still here today. School breaks really mess up my days. I have Stroller Warriors this morning and then my mentor call. I am taking the kids to Walmart today to pick out costumes and I have to remember to get to the refill pharmacy to pick up my prescription. I should start on my next unit for my schoolwork so i'm not trying to rush to get it done later. I would like to meet with the Commander today at some point to talk about how the FRG meeting tomorrow evening is going to go, but not sure if that's going to happen or not.

Not much else planned for today. I am working on a grocery list and really need to get to the Commissary today.

Pamela- I'm glad she had a good time subbing! Farewells are definitely hard.
    Lucie- Yay for a good nights sleep.
    Jody- Hope all goes well with the exit interview.
    Faye- Winterfest sounds like fun!
    Debbie- I would take some yarn if you feel like sending some my way. I need to get back into knitting and at one point DD was knitting too. Maybe I can get her back into it as well. I haven't had manicotti forever, I used to make it frequently many years ago.
    Pam- Oh my! Sending good thoughts that she turns up! It's now Tuesday, if there's been no other activity I would think they would have no choice but to file that report now.

Enjoy your day!

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Wednesday here and once again is chilly. I am glad for now because they are expecting a hot and dry Summer and that will not be nice.
    Just a few things to do today, grocery list for tomorrow, return a library book, tidy up a little.
    DH is on holidays so it will be a disjointed day as he will have different things to do that I.

Pam, I m not a praying person but am sending the most positive thoughts to you and your family. I hope that Lindsay is back with her family very soon.

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Pam - sending lots of postive thoughts your way for Lindsay.

Work was ok. took breaks & had lunch with the girls (not the ones I work with now).

tired, will try to go to sleep early. No gym tomorrow, dh said he is starting at 7 instead of 6:15 so won't have enough time.

SIL had good results for her cancer operation, all is fine, she will have radiotherapy but seems she is better.

Watched 2 Christmas movies this weekend with mom & sis. Tanya had recommended Eloise at Christmastime - loved it! Julie Andrews is the nanny, she is sooooo good!

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

You gals are certainly busy! It's been an exhausting two days at work. Not much else going on here. J stayed home today and painted the garage man door and trim. It looks so much better. Now we need to choose a storm door.

H had a career fair at Main campus today. He made some connections, so he was excited about that today. He and his roommate are looking for housing at Main right now, so they have something for fall. I guess things fill fast. He wants to live off campus to save money.

M is back at school after having yesterday off for the holiday. She spent the day at the farm with the grandparents while I worked.

That's about it here. It was 80* today. Unreal.. on Saturday it will be 40*. This weather is crazy!

Pam...prayers!

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi again

Pam - thinking of you and Lindsay
    Lucie - continue to sleep and take it easy
    Lisa - isn't the weather insane?

Lost all my energy after the trip to Costco but did get the set of Cutco knives for DS and DDIL as a Hanukkah gift.

Made the manicotti and it was good. Must think of something else for tomorrow.

Might knit a bit before bed.

13. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Active Member

Pam, you and your family have my prayers.

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

My run was good this morning, not a big group today. Shhh, I skipped day 3 of week 2 so I could start week 3 today of C25K. I felt great though so I think it'll be okay. I'm already a week behind everyone else and didn't want to be further behind. I'm trying to think of a way I could watch up and be on the same week next week but the only way to do that would be to run everyday and that's probably not a great idea. I don't want to injure myself. I hate being behind though.

The kids and I went to Walmart. That was an adventure. We were all looking for costumes. Most of mine are pretty worn out or too big, so I really needed something new. I ended up getting Winifred Sanderson from Hocus Pocus. hehe DS is going to be a blow up dinosaur and Eli is going to be a creepy shadow person. It's a black bodysuit with glowing eyes. He's already pretty sneaky so he'll be extra creepy in this costume. DD wants to be a devil so we got her a red cape, we already have the horns, and a new staff. We also picked up some window decorations and a spider to put on our web out front and some things for the columns on the front of the house. DS bought himself a large skeleton and DD got a small one and some earrings. I started a Boo Basket for our friends but still need to get more stuff to fill it with.

I just wrote out my grocery list that i've been compiling in my Sticky Notes on my laptop all morning, so now I have to get to the Commissary before I lose all steam and motivation to go. It's going to be an expensive day with the trip to Walmart and now the Commissary. Yikes!

Pam- I was glad to see on FB that she is safe, but I hope her location is figured out soon. I wonder what she is thinking.