Terrific Tuesday, 2-25-2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends!

2. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I slept better last night but not great and woke up this morning feeling awful. I blew my nose twice within 5 minutes of waking. Ick! I have to take DD to her Ortho appointment this morning and will wear a mask to protect other people from my germs since i'm still unsure of what I have.

Nothing on my agenda today after the appointment except hanging out on the couch and doing some homework, resting.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Pam Spaur

How is everyone this a.m.! We are heading to yucky weather tomorrow! Blech! I need spring so badly.

Nothing going on today. I will try to do something that I should have done yesterday. Samuel said yesterday that he was feeling better and thanked me for the dinner. When I taste tested everything, it tasted pretty good to me. And to think that I didn't save any for me! What was I thinking? Any hoo, I have the greatest plans when I go to bed for the next day. But when I wake up, I am too tired to even get started. I need a break from life in general. Going to Jay's doesn't help anymore. I need an all expenses paid vacation to SOMEWHERE!

Sorry for whining. I will get up and dressed and go find something to eat for breakfast. I was gonna make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Maybe I could start there. The Lord needs to send me some energy.

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday. One of these days I am gonna punch the lights out of the man who lives above me. Good night shirts, is he ever loud when he stomps about! Grrrr. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Hi, Jess. I sure hope you find out what it is that is making you feel badly. Sending prayers your way.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  5. MrsSoup

Hi again.

We barely made it to DD's appointment. We had just a few minutes to spare when we checked in. The doctor had ordered new foot x-rays so she did that before her appointment. She examined her and gave her inserts for her shoes, put in an order for PT (one session) to show her some stretches because her achilles tendon is very tight and so are her calves. She ordered an ankle x-ray and then decided to go ahead and do the scoliosis checkup since DD has apparently had a growth spurt. We both thought she looked a little different so she went ahead and ordered new x-rays of her spine as well. She will call if there's anything troublesome. She wrote note for her for PE saying that she will be allowed a break if/when her foot starts hurting.

I brought DD home so she could change into pants and then took her to school. Went by the high school and withdrew DS, they had the paperwork ready for me so it was fairly quick and easy. I stopped by the Shoppette and grabbed DS a gatorade and was hoping to grab a coffee but their machines were down. :rolleyes: So here I am with warmed up coffee from this morning and am really ready for a nap. Still no test results, hopefully this afternoon.

Pam- Sorry you are feeling that way.

Later!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    DH slept here last night which was nice, he was exhausted. The funeral service for his father is set for Wednesday March 4th at 10.30. It will be held in the town that he died in so we will travel there the morning of the funeral, have some lunch after the service and come home. It will be a very small service and we may hold a memorial later but not sure.

DH and I are going car shopping today, I have 3 cars that I am interested in test driving so will try and drive all 3 today. Hopefully we pick something today so that I will have a car soon.
    Other than that I need to write a shopping list and get some sort of DrillDance plan in place for tonight.

I hope that you all have a great day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Katrina, Hope you decided on a car today. When we buy a car we usually get to drive it home the same day.

My friend came today for our day at the spa. We had a hair cut with deep conditioning treatment. Then a manicure and pedicure. She had never had a pedicure before so was very impressed. Afterwards we went to lunch.

Now I’m full but I’ll make toasted cheese sandwiches for Dh. DD ate the leftover pizza from lunch.

Our new dinning room chairs came today. Even Dh thinks it made the room look more pulled together.

I had ordered an electric outlet cover that contains a small night light. You just replace the wall outlet cover and presto the light comes on. No wiring needed. I of course had not noticed I had not ordered the correct shape for our outlets. Dh said to order three correct ones. He really liked the idea. I also ordered an outlet box that has two USB plugs in addition to the plug in sockets. We will wait for the electrician to put that in. Unless we few very brave one day. Neither one of us enjoys doing electrical work.

While I was gone our roofer came to estimate new gutters with the leaf guard on them and with large down sprouts. Not to bad a price. He also said they do decks so he will schedule the porch estimator to stop over one day.

It was a pleasant day until a little while ago. Clouds came in so with the sun gone it feels damp cold. I put on my bag lady sweater.

8. sweetpumkinpye

Good afternoon,
    DH and I purchased a car, we got a 2020 Hyundai Tucson SUV. Not sure if you have those or something similar in the US. We should get it next Friday March 6th. It was a better price than what we thought so I am happy.
    Now looking online for the best insurance price. I hate doing this sort of thing but it needs doing.
    Have written grocery list, I love it when you have things on your list and the store flyer has those things on special, am hoping to stay under budget tomorrow.
    I am thinking a toasted ham cheese and tomato sandwich sounds great for lunch.
    Speak soon.

Ahorsesoul, luludou and PamelaG like this.
  9. MrsSoup

Katrina- Congrats on the new car!
    Diedra- A spa day sounds nice.

I haven't done much today except lay around on the couch. I did a little bit of school work and finished the book I started yesterday. Took a small nap before running out to get Eli from school. Now DH and DD have run to the Commissary to do the shopping and they will pick up dinner while they are out. Still haven't gotten a call with my test results. o_O At this rate i'll be able to look them up myself online before they contact me. I'll be pretty upset if they are negative and they didn't call me and I miss a full week of school for no reason.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Another steady day but with a touch of frenzy so it really was 4:00pm before I knew it! Got home to find the estimate from the contractor so he hasn't abandoned us! Looked good, talked to Vic, everything was there so I signed it and sent it back. Fingers crossed that the job is as nice as the contractor is, he's such a pleasant young man.

Yes, Katrina, we have the Tucson here, great car, congratulations!
    Hugs to all who are not feeling well, Sophia's a bit under the weather too so I told her to go out and buy all the get well things - Nyquil, Sprite, chicken noodle soup - and charge it to Mom.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. I took dh to the VA this morning, to finally see a doc for his diabetes. After driving around and around the huge parking lot for a parking space, I finally put dh and his wheelchair out of the car and told him he had to take himself in while I parked the car. After 15 more minutes of searching I followed a man to his truck, turned on my blinker, and waited another 5 minutes for him to leave his spot. As soon as he was out of the way a small car zipped around me and pulled into the spot. Really??? I searched for another 15 minutes and finally found a spot. I was not a happy person. However, I really like the doctor - she will take good care of dh.

We grabbed a burger for lunch, came home, and I took a 4-hour nap. I love naps. Dh & I took dgd to the grocery store tonight for a few things. I let her drive the electric cart to the car for dh and then return it back inside the store when we finished shopping. She was grinning from ear to ear.

My ds called yesterday to say the baby they are expecting is a boy. He asked for name suggestions. I replied, Ralphie. I said I could make a fluffy pink bunny outfit to go with the pink baby blanket I'm making. Haha. He said NO to Ralphie but he was ok with the bunny outfit & blanket. He would be ok but his wife would not.

Congrats to Katrina on your new car!

I'm off to bed. Early day tomorrow. Sleep well.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

Thank you all. I hope that I will be happy with the car, it seems pretty nice, and I am just glad that the whole saga is nearly over.
    Pamela, you day that your contractor is a nice guy, that is important. I quite like the salesman that we bought the car from. We dealt with another guy earlier in the day who I was not impressed with so decided to take my business elsewhere. I think a salesman or contractors attitude is part of the sale.

Ahorsesoul likes this.