Terrific Tuesday 5/15/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, May 15, 2018 at 6:50 AM.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

I'm all out of whack this morning - I feel like it's late but it's really only 9:00am but since I woke up at 3:00am when Vic left for a local inspection, I've been awake off and on since then. I'll probably be dozing in my chair this afternoon.

Spouses' group social event today at the shooting gallery followed by lunch. I passed on the shooting, I went last year and it's just not my thing but I'll meet up with the group for lunch. A quick stop at the library after lunch and then home.

Still working through the Washington moving issue. I think I found the pertinent sections of the travel regulations although I'm really peeved that I had to do this. It's totally the responsibility of Vic's command's admin department although it's most likely that they haven't run across this situation before and are just not inclined the do the research to find the right answers. I'll keep you posted.

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Peeps.

I am having my epidural block this afternoon. No eating or drinking, and I am hungry! N is going to take me. Prayers will be appreciated. I just need the pain alleviated. I pray this one will work. Really tired of this. I don't know what I will do if it doesn't work.

Have a couple of errands to run this a.m. I hope N will take me out to eat afterwards!

Hope you all have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning . going to see life of the party movie today. we had lots of rain wind thunder last nite no damage and didnt lose power. some people did but i was lucky. suppose to be hot again today but no rain.cant believe may is half over only 43 days till my new york trip. have a great day everyone and hope all is ok with the storm

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny now and getting warmer. However the weather forecaster says that we will get horrible storms and possible tornadoes later in the day. Might not even try to go to the game. Have to figure out how to exchange tickets.

I think I've brought everything up to date that I have to bring up to date - nope - just remembered something else - oh well! Periodontist today, some shopping and a trip into the city tomorrow to see the new Met exhibit and lunch with a friend.

Jane - I really hope things ease up for you!
    Pam - hope this shot works - and N certainly owes you lunch!
    HW2 - enjoy the movie! When will you be in NY?
    Jess - how did your first shift working go?
    Pamela - Hope the moving situation works out
    Lana - missing you

6. PamelaG

You're going to New York? How fun!! Any chance you're going to the Downton Abbey Exhibition? I am trying to fit in a trip to see it before we leave the East Coast. We had that weather too last night, not as bad as I thought.

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. It's a beautiful day here.

I went all psycho on dgkids this morning. Upstairs was a total pigpen and I made them clean up there and the front room before they went to school. They are total slobs - clothes, papers & markers, pillows & blankets, trash & water bottles everywhere, on the furniture and floor - you name it. DH and I pretty much live in the back of the house - bedroom, family room, and kitchen - so I only go upstairs on laundry day, which was yesterday. Everything that comes in the front door gets dumped on the pool table, which is in the front room. Well, after my little hissy fit it is better now. Still, after all that dgs was missing a shoe for school. He had to wear his dress cowboy boots with his T-shirt, athletic shorts, bicycle helmet, and backpack. I laughed and laughed - dd said I should have taken a picture.

The fridge quit cooling and wasn't discovered until Sunday when everything was warm. Fortunately the freezer had only ice cream, but everything except fruits & veggies had to be tossed. We have an old full-size fridge in the garage plus an upright freezer so we're ok, but it's a hassle having everything here and there. Dsil doesn't know if he wants to get it repaired or junk it and get a new one. He's pretty ticked. They are just so expensive.

Guess I should get busy. Have a great day everyone!

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm exhausted! Last night was supposed to be my "training" night with the lady that I am taking over for. I saw her once or twice throughout the night doing absolutely NOTHING. She never lifted a finger except at the very beginning to show me one or two boxes in a sea of pallets. My merchandisers were there and helped me, thank goodness. I wasn't even getting paid for last night so this woman was still supposed to be doing HER job. Me and the merchandiser did HER job for her. We were a little miffed. The boss will find out thought I have no doubt, but it doesn't really matter because she will no longer be working there after last night i'm pretty sure. Her husband took a management position so I think she quit. It was quite clear when we started stocking that she hadn't been doing her job for a while and what she had done, hadn't been done right. I was there for 4 1/2 hours and i'm pretty sure we didn't finish everything. The merchandiser was only supposed to be there until 10 and we didn't leave until almost 11. I will enjoy the job and hopefully it won't be so bad tonight since we "fixed" a lot last night. I think i'll go earlier tonight so we can organize the back area since it was such a mess. O.M.G!!!

It's definitely going to be a lot! I'm hoping that as long as I keep the Nissin line well stocked ALL the time, it won't get so bad like it was last night. Everything else is easy, that line is the hardest and most time consuming part. I will most definitely be taking a nap this afternoon. My merchandiser offered to buy me coffee this afternoon. haha I think she's afraid i'm going to quit before I even start officially.

This morning is the last Spouses' Club luncheon for the year. Then i'm coming home to nap and take a migraine pill because I feel one coming on and there's no way i'm working that mess again with a migraine. So I have to get rid of it.

Pamela- Good luck on the paperwork for the move! Families in the Army do it all the time, I don't know why the Navy is being stupid. LOL
    Pam- Praying for you Pam!
    HW2- I'll have to look that movie up. Hope you enjoy it!
    Debbie- Stay safe! Missouri just had that weather.
    Deb- Good for you!! Oh no on the fridge!

Enjoy your day!

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning all.
    sounds like some of you had a rough night.
    Work again for me today, just got my pay slip for the last 2 weeks and it was worth working extra. The money will go straight into the bank to pay for my DrillDance season and a bit for Christmas. Still anticipating a few more weeks so at least another good pay.
    Nothing on the agenda for tonight, hopefully some crafting.

Jess, the workplace sounds interesting. Did you find a scooter for DD yet?
    Pam, hoping that the injection works, keeping fingers crossed.
    Pamela, any plans for watching the Royal wedding?

10. PamelaG

Yes, I'll be up with the chickens! I have to run Vic to the airport but shouldn't miss too much because he has to leave really early. I have mixed emotions - she's not who I would have wanted for a member of the Royal Family - a little too casual but I suppose that's the new generation - I do feel bad for her with all the dreadful publicity surrounding her family. She's Prince Harry's choice and I hope they will be happy.

11. MrsSoup

Katrina- DD refuses to use a scooter or wheelchair when we go to the Big Island. She's a stubborn one. Wonder where she gets that from? o_O

The luncheon was okay. We were supposed to play bingo and they were super unorganized. They didn't seem to know how many games we were playing, what those games were going to consist of, if we only had one card were we to only play one game unless we purchased more cards, etc. Then they ended up just using the same card and continuing the game on that card, even though lots of people purchased extra cards- but they didn't make clear that you could play all of the cards at the same time and they wouldn't be switching cards for each game. It was a hot mess. I joined the board for next year. I wanted Historian because it's just taking photographs at the luncheons, however someone else had literally just put their name in. She told me I could take it but I couldn't do that to her so I ended up becoming the editor for the Lei, which is the newsletter for the club. Next year it will only come out a few times instead of monthly so I think I can handle it.

Now i'm going to attempt to take a nap. I have a headache so am trying to decide if I should take a migraine pill just in case. DH will go pick up Eli from school. I cannot work tonight with a migraine but it's not that bad right now. Hmm, decisions.

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! In the midst of the rain that is hitting the NE. Not as bad as expected but we decided not to go to the game anyhow. Right now they are in a rain delay.

My gums are OK and I did some shopping at Michael's and Marshall's. Just planning to wash my hair and relax tonight.

Katrina - good for you with the extra $
    Pamela - when are you going to NY?
    Jess - hope the job goes well well tonight
    Deb - the grandkids deserved it

13. MrsSoup

Took the migraine pill and went upstairs to bed. The dog kept barking here and there and then my phone kept going off with texts. I could not get to sleep! I finally managed to get to sleep and DH got home and came in. I just can't win. I'm exhausted still. I slept just enough for the pill to kick in, but to leave me super tired. I can't quit yawning. I texted my merchandiser and told her I wasn't going to meet her for coffee but would be in around the same time as last night. She told me to come in a little later if I needed to. She's so sweet. I really hope I can do this job. The work is great, I like it, but I can't do late nights like last night every night. So it really has to get better or else I can't hang.

I'm off to make some coffee so I can try to stay awake and make it through my work. DD fell at school today so she didn't go to band after school. There are vents or something that leak water and when she was walking her crutch landed in one and slipped right out from under her. She said her knee and foot hurt after but she didn't break her cast or anything. She's resting it in bed right now.

14. PamelaG

It's probably going to be on the spur of the moment. With Vic's travel schedule constantly changing, I see us hopping on the train on a Friday or Saturday and heading up to see the exhibition and probably not much more. We've been to New York a couple of times so that's ok, it's really the exhibition I want to see.

15. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

movie was very funny my daughter and i leave for new york on june28th

PamelaG likes this.