Terrific Tuesday 5/29/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, May 29, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

Up early to fix Vic's breakfast and lunch because I was too lazy to put it together last night. Now to unload the dishwasher, dive in the shower, and head to the gift shop to help with inventory. Lots of counting and bar coding will be the plan of the day. Pretty sure that will be all that's on the agenda today.

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

I've been away for awhile...I'm okay. Lots of busy-ness in life. This week is the busiest of all...it's recital week. It's hard to believe.

Today is Field Trip day. Wish me luck!

Hope you have a great day!

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

Good morning to all. library day and take my daughters dogs out. its cloudy may rain later what else is new. hope everyone has a good day

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Internet was giving my problems this morning but seems ok now. I saw a truck from the internet people outside so maybe there was a problem for others too.

DD and LC1 are off to work this morning. DD is still stuck on the cycle of her old boyfriend. Seems so funny since it's been over 29 years since they dated for a short time. DD was asking why his Facebook page is empty.

I'm getting ready to head for the nursery. I have 9 plants that did not make it over this year's winter. No enough snow cover and last fall there was a very fast drop in temps over a 48 hour period so plants didn't go into hibernate mood. These all were planted last summer so they were not well established either. I'm still waiting for two of our hibiscus plants to sprout. Other one is already up a few inches. I know they sometimes do not come up until June but I'm ready for them NOW.

Dh had a golf tournament yesterday. He just got up. I think the 100 degree heat got to him (and his age).

Wishing all a good start on their week. Special prayers to teachers as their year ends (thank goodness).

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! sunny and getting warmer today.

Baked two cakes and made chicken salad. Working on getting all the stuff we need to take ready to go. I'm waiting for the mail so I can finalize the last item that I have to copy. DH is at the shop getting a new toilet for trailer.

Saying a big hello to HW2, Lisa, Diedra and Pamela.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH showed up at work to help me last night. I appreciate his help but completely planned on getting back to my solo routine since he went back to work today. He has duty tonight so definitely won't be showing up. I didn't have too much to stock last night so even without him would have been home earlier. What's taking me the longest right now is having to dig for what I need in my back stock which is very frustrating. I have to figure out a better way to store my pasta. The boxes are heavy and when I have to remove a bunch of them to get to one, it's hard work and a waste of time and makes my night much longer.

I have nothing on the calendar this week except the last day of school is on Thursday for the kids and DD and I go to the Big Island on Friday. I am going to call the Ortho doctor today and see if it would be possible to go ahead and switch her to a boot Thursday instead of waiting until her appointment next Wednesday. Just for the sake of sand and the trip. We will stop at a beach on the first day and then eat lunch at the beach almost everyday of our trip. If we can't get the boot she will have to wrap her cast in a bag every time. We're almost going to a 4D movie so she would have to wrap it then as well to prevent it from getting wet. A boot would be much easier even if she's still on crutches, which I imagine she will be because of weakness in the leg now.

I imagine my friend will be around later. Her husband starts in-processing today. I need to run to the Commissary this morning and pick up groceries. I don't think DS is going to school today because he's taken all of his finals except for one and it's scheduled for tomorrow.

Pamela- Hope your shift at the shop isn't too tedious with the counting and coding.
    Lisa- Nice to see you! Hope the recital goes well!
    HW2- Have fun at the library!
    Diedra- I am so ready to get some plants myself. I need to get some dirt to repot a plant I took from beside my neighbors trash can.
    Debbie- What kind of cakes did you make? I still haven't made chicken salad, it's been on my list forever!

Enjoy your day!

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Did not do much today... found the dress, shoes & accessories I will be wearing to the wedding... had a few to try on in my closet. Got all my CIJ blogposts typed and scheduled - took waaaay longer than I thought. Went to ostepath at 1:30, got a few things at the dollarstore. Now I'm going out to take in some sun.

Later

9. PamelaG

Big Island? As in where the volcanic activity is located?

10. housewife2

hey has anyone on here ever shaved or waxed their arms?

11. MrsSoup

Yep, that's where we're going. o_O They keep saying they are in contact with the house owners and all is fine where the houses are. I checked on the map and the houses are literally just North of the line of fissures and the highway that runs just south, 132, was just closed this morning due to fast flowing lava. :eek: I sure hope they are in contact with them today and getting an update. I'm a bit worried about air quality as well. Our tickets are all non-refundable and when I asked the leaders what we would do if for some reason we couldn't stay in the houses they have reserved, they said that they would get a refund and we would find other accommodations on the other side of the island if need be. I'm a bit nervous with the increase in lava flow and the uptick in earthquake activity again.

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Wednesday here, DH is home so sort of putting a kink in my plans.
    Just a few things on the list today, tidy up the garage a bit, try and get things into one spot so I can start taking stuff to the charity bins.
    DrillDance training tonight and work for me tomorrow and Friday and another week done.
    Friday 1st of June is the first day of winter for us, I am a little behind but not so bad. The main rooms to be done are my room and the garage, and the kitchen can be revisited. At this stage I could probably wait until Spring to start doing the big jobs again.

Better get moving or the day will be over with and I will still be sitting here.
    Love to all.

13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

dh picked up an oven for ds' appartment and we drove the car to the garage to get it repaired.

14. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I got some errands done this morning. I went to the Commissary and ran into my bosses and told them about some things and also introduced them to our girl scout leader who happened to be there and may be taking the freezer stocker position that is open. I should get a finders fee. haha Then I came home and cleaned Eli's room, vacuumed the upstairs, stairwell and downstairs and took out the trash. I grabbed a quick shower and then met DH for lunch. I got some reading time in at school which was nice while waiting for the kids. I tried to call my mom but she didn't answer.

I guess our friends will be headed over soon. DH has duty tonight so I need to make sure she's okay with her DD staying the night and being here when i'm at work. She's 12 so I don't see any issue with it, but we'll see. DS is here too and he's 15 1/2. Eli will be in bed and DS will most likely go to sleep as well so the girls will just be in DD's room hanging out. I'm sure everyone will be asleep by the time I get home. I need to remember to ask if Eli can hang out with them at night while DH works for me while we're on the Big Island.

Looks like DS may be leaving Thursday morning to head to Missouri. Haven't heard for sure yet but that's what his dad was looking like. It's technically the last day of school but his last final is tomorrow so there's no need to go they say. He's working on getting his room cleaned up now.

HW2- I never have. Have an ex boyfriend that I ran into years ago that I noticed shaved all of his body hair from his arms and legs. hahahahaha I get tired of shaving my legs so can't imagine having to keep up with my arms as well.

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I haven't, but I have a niece who does. I'm like Jess....can't imagine having to do arms and legs!

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Popped out with DH and picked up a few things from the supermarket. They had redbull energy drink at 1/2 price and had a huge use by date so I go two 4 packs that I will put in a gift bag for a quick Christmas present for DS. Something different.
    Went to my mums for a quick cup of tea and am now home. Finished de-cluttering a box that was in the spare room closet so now that room is officially done. There is still a lot of stuff in there but all stuff that we want to keep.
    DH has gone to the hardware store for a shelving unit for in the garage to go in a wasted corner. The garage is another area that I have on my list to organise.
    We have moved a pile of stuff that needs to be taken away near the front door, my brother may be over later to take it to the charity shop.
    Small steps but we are getting there.

17. housewife2

my cousin was wondering how much trouble it would be to keep up with . she has a electric razor

18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I think shaving my arm would look funny as it starts to grow out a little. 5 o'clock shadow on the arms. I might was them. But if she has an electric razor she could keep up with it. Wonder if there are pros and cons to shaving or waxing.

19. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We were up early. DD had her yearly Mammo at 8:30am. Then she came home to take a nap. I went outside to plant some seeds so it started to rain right away. As I was putting away my equipment Dh came out to say he wanted my help to plant his hibiscus plant. He decided to pull up the white clematis which was looking dead. I told him he'd have to buy me another white one. A few years ago he "helpfully" trimmed another one in the spring, killing it. This one had two tiny sprouts right at ground level when we dug it up. We moved it over to the side of the porch. Hopefully it will have enough roots to take hold. So now I'm heading into the shower. I'm wet, cold, sweating and dirty. lol

This afternoon DD has PT. I'm sure she will be worn out after that appointment too. I watched her this morning as she marched right into the hospital without any limping or signs of pain in her knee. I bet she limps like crazy when we get out at the PT office.

Dh is still doing something outside. We have had record a record breaking heat wave the last few days. So the rain has cooled it down but raised the humidity. We do need the rain. When I planted in the Heart garden last night it was wet for two inches down then dry. So the nice slow rain we have today is welcome.

May you have blessing of a good day.