TGIF august 10th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Aug 10, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

TGIF!!!
    Hello MHH friends :)

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning :)
    Didn't do gym this morning... tired of bringing that big bag on my shoulders. wanted to do some stretching when I came in but instead been ordering online :rolleyes:
    I just ordered capris, pants, a winter coat and a shirt for ME from The Last Hunt (sport's site). Hoping it fits because there are no returns or exchanges.
    Will read a few minutes before 7:30.

Lunch with cw's for one of the girl's bday.

Later

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Howdy, Wish it was the 8th but month is moving along!

Lucie, nice shopping for yourself---we hardly do that! Hope it fits.

Debbie, it will be hard for you here at the beginning not being at school. But I bet you adjust.

Nothing much here. Will work then home to see what is up. With being off on Monday seems a long week. Has been slow too.

Have a GREAT day all.

4. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone!! I will leave in about an hour to go to a County Extension Meeting. Possible changes in the By-Laws. Not really looking forward to it. Some people just come with a very negative attitude. Hopefully today will be better.
    jess - so irritating that you sat there that entire time and the doctor never really examined your leg. If it wasn't a new MRI then your leg could have changed.
    Lana - yes, this month is slowly going by.
    Lucie - hoping things will go better at your workplace. It makes it tough when you are not happy with how things are going.

Hope you all have a wonderful beginning to your day. Remember you are important!!

5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

Hope all is well. Today is grocery shopping day. I also have to pick up a shower gift. My bff's daughter's shower is quickly approaching and I'd like to have that taken care of before school starts. The weekend ahead will be busy with the family reunion and a Farm Bureau picnic on Sunday.

I did get my Donors Choose project created yesterday. Here's a link: https://www.donorschoose.org/projec...fproject-teacher_1027568&challengeid=20462750
    No pressure to donate, just positive thoughts for donations would be appreciated and if you are a fb friend too, please share my post to spread the word. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!
    ~peace and blessings~

6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

Vic caught the red eye last night so I picked him up at the airport this morning. He's gone into work for a couple of hours to finish up his travel claims and no doubt check his overflowing email Inbox. I'm still working on the manuals. Between the office, kitchen, bedroom, and living room and the tools, media, and personal care items, that's a lot of furniture and appliances to enter into the app but it's great that it will all be filed away electronically and I can toss the manuals that have filled two boxes. I just have to go back on each one and make sure they have the manuals, operating instructions, accessory resources, and any other documents entered correctly. Time consuming but I can do it while I'm watching TV so I'm multi-tasking.

A quiet weekend ahead - there's a free preview of the movie Mile 22 so I think we'll check that out. I compiled quite a to-do list for Vic while he was gone so he'll work his way through that.

Debbie - I agreed to take on the Parliamentarian job for our spouses' group for my last few months here so I could help with the Bylaws. I know they can be a pain but I don't anticipate too much of an ordeal. The worst part will be retyping them as no-one seems to know the location of the original Word document, fortunately, they are only nine pages.
    Lucie - I changed the thread date to the 10th.

Have a great weekend everyone!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Once the school day is over, we will have officially survived the first full week of school! Everyone seems happy and it will hopefully be a great year for all, even DS! I'm making cinnamon rolls for breakfast to celebrate. The only one that may be a tad bit stressed is DD and that's because of the friend situation but she'll get it figured out, it's still early.

DS has an appointment this morning at 9 so he'll miss first period. I hate that but it was the earliest appointment they had and there weren't any after school. I wish they were open on Saturdays but they aren't. I thought about just taking him to the ACC but it really didn't warrant that. So here we are. He will go to first period on "recess" and turn in papers and ask if he missed anything. After his appointment my friend and I are going to head to Lowe's. I need dirt and she wants to look at plants, I do too. I also want to get something for ants for the yard.

Tonight is National Night Out and I have to go help at a booth for the Spouses' Club and then DD has her first Girl Scouts meeting. I will ask about them pulling in my friends daughter as well. Actually i'll text today and see if she should come to the meeting tonight.

Lucie- Everyone needs a break from the gym. :)
    Lana- Sorry the week has been slow, feels that way for me too a bit.
    Debbie- Hope the meeting isn't really negative today. I agree, but they don't care unfortunately. They have a preconceived notion and that's that. :(
    Lisa- You do have a busy weekend! You reminded me that I still need to find a birthday present for my friend.
    Pamela- Glad Vic caught the red eye.

Enjoy your day!

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hello to all. another hot day. slow day at work. have a little housework to do. may take a short nap. have a good evening

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It is blowy outside and they are calling for rain this afternoon. I am just going to potter around her today and see what I get done. If I feel like it I might take bottles to the recycling plant for the refunds.
    Dinner tonight is with the girls from my DrillDance team. We are trying to figure out a way forward. I have had 4 girls resign over the problems we have been having with the governing body so we will see where we want to go from here.
    A casual dinner of home made pizza, garlic bread and salad while we watch some old DVD's, sounds perfect.

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

My brother called today. He never calls so I was shocked. Figured it might be bad news which is always my first thought. Instead I heard him singing Happy Birthday. Was very funny. 1 because it wasn't my Birthday (mine was last week) 2 He sings rather funny. I really think he thought he was calling our half sister since it was her birthday. We talked about some genealogy finds. I'll be sending him a bunch of my items since I do not have anyone who wants my genealogy work and photos. Reminded him it was our stepmother's birthday and texted him her number.

This morning Dh was bugging me about the flower garden we want around the shed so I laid out the hose and had him start cutting the outline. After he went golfing he started taking up the sod. It looks really good. Only has about 3 more feet to take up. Then we can edge and put in plants.

DD and I went for a walk after dinner. It had cooled down with a little breeze so it was rather pleasant.

Nothing exciting in my neck of the woods.

Wishing all a good night/day.