TGIF Friday november 9 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 9, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends!

2. luludou

Slept not too bad, and I am feeling much better this Morning. Ah what a little sleep can do ;)
    Did gym, Nothing on the agenda at noon (which is not often).

Have a great day

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH has a 4 day weekend for Veterans Day so he is off today and Monday. Eli has an optometry appointment this afternoon so i'll have to pick him up from school early to get him there. No idea what DH and I will get into today without children.

I tried to get onto a website that we ordered the bike seat from last year and it says it's suspended. I wanted to order another seatback for DH, so i'm not sure what to do now. I don't know if I still have any of the paperwork from when we ordered the main seat to call them and see if I can place the order, guess i'll have to look around in the files.

Not much else going on here.

Enjoy your day!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Dashed out early to get my hair cut and pick Vic up from the airport. Brunch on the way home and now he's gone off to the office so I'm heading back into the craft room to finish up the inventory. I moved the TV in there so at least I'll be entertained.

Placed our change of address, no point in the mail filling up the mailbox while Vic is travelling. It's really real now! Made a list of to-dos for Vic when he gets home, mostly lift this, move this, stack this type of things because my back is killing me.

Watched the last season of House of Cards on Netflix, ugh, big disappointment. The series died with Kevin Spacey's departure.

Have a great weekend everyone! Thank you to all our veterans for their service!

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Cloudy and chilly with rain on the way....

DH and I went to the airport for our interview for the Trusted Traveler/Global Entry program. Went quickly and we were out before the time for our first appointment!

A friend of ours is doing a Native American interpretive program at the local elementary school which is a block from our house. We met him and his co-worker and had them over for pizza. Had to clean off the DR table! Must do more gift sorting and holiday cooking to get that stuff properly placed...

Dog and DH are sleeping. Hand is improving but still one handed typing.

Jody - all the best for the wedding and DD's future

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. rain all day very cool out. was suppose to see santa at the mall tonite for the parade but not sure yet, my grandson and i went to i hop yesterday had grinch pancakes and grinch hot choclate. he loved it they were good

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  7. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

BRRRRR!!! It was 17 degrees when I went out to feed the birds. I didn't realize that till I got back in. It is slowly warming up. The bird bath is still frozen so not yet warmer than freezing.

I have the house clean. I polished my stainless steel pots. Oh, they looks so much better now. Gonna have soup tonight since it is so cold outside and the house is not feeling very warm despite the heating running almost constantly.

Tomorrow is the football playoff game #1. We will see if our boys make it to the next level. This team gave us a tough time last year. I am still debating if I will go. Kinda chilly and I don't want to get sick... not right before Thanksgiving. I still need to get up and make my guys a tailgate breakfast. Something they can throw in the back of the truck and munch on while they wait for the gate to open. I have a plan and all the necessary food so should go well.

I am in a perpetual state of brrrr!!

8. MrsSoup

DH and I went to the NEX and got new wireless earbuds. I don't like the new ones I picked out so they will go back. I still have the other ones and they will most likely go back as well. They aren't super comfortable in my ears. I don't want to settle when they are so expensive. I might just have to deal with the fact that there aren't going to be any that fit comfortably in my ears and do without wireless ones. Although, DH's previous ones did fit okay in my ears when I tried them this morning, so maybe i'll keep those. I don't know.

We grabbed lunch and came home. I might try to catch a catnap before I have to go pickup Eli.

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning,
    Had a big sleep in which was nice. Had funny dreams on and off so not sure what all that was about. DD and BF came over last night for Chinese food. I had a little blow out and ate well but probably more than I should have. Straight back on the wagon today so that it does not become out of control.
    A bit warmer today so must keep up with the water.
    DH and I going over to DD's for a working bee. They are having an inspection this week and the house needs to be tidy. I think they do a good job and won't take too long to clean. We are doing her bedroom, her bathroom and the laundry room. Good thing I like cleaning!!!

Tonight the Australian War Memorial are shining a laser from the War Memorial to Parliament House to commemorate the end of WW1. Parliament House in Canberra is down a long Avenue called ANZAC Parade and is exactly opposite the War Memorial. It was designed like this so that the politicians can look at the War Memorial and remember who they are working for...freedom and democracy. Google the AWM if you would like more information on this. I think it will be stunning.
    Best go, will pop back later.

10. luludou

Evening! dh is gone to his guitar lessons.

Doing laundry and filling up a page of to-do's for the weekend.

'Night!

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Hi friends!

Life has been busy and work has been crazy! Just wanted to stop in and say hello and see what you all are up to! Sounds like Christmas prep is underway. I ordered a card making kit and it arrived on Wednesday. I hope to get to it over the three day weekend and make my cards for the exchange.

Snow is on the way and cold temperatures....like 6 degree wind chills...tomorrow. I want to do some running around tomorrow....craft fairs and open houses....but we will see what the weather brings.

H turned 20 this week. It's hard to believe. M's sprain is healing nicely.

I'm waiting to play apples to apples with M and J. J is doing some stat work for the hockey league, but should be done soon.

Happy Friday!

luludou likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

Evening (almost)!

Lisa- So nice to see you! Have fun playing games!

Eli had his eye appointment and had his eyes dilated. He has 20/20 vision but he's straining to have it. So he has a prescription for glasses. She recommended starting him off for reading and then if he can, move him to wearing them all the time. We'll go back in 6 months to have him reevaluated to see if anything has changed. It's funny because he's the only one of my three children that has put my glasses on in the past and not thought they looked funny. haha I need to look at our prescriptions but I bet they are not super far off. I'm sure mine is higher in one eye, but I think one eye is the same. We'll go look at glasses this weekend at Sam's Club. I wasn't impressed with the PX.

When we got home and got out of the car we could hear air hissing out of one of the front tires. I ran over a screw or nail on the way home somewhere. :oops: I'm hoping it can be patched but we'll see. DH returned two sets of earbuds to the PX, but the ones I picked up today from the NEX still need to go back. I tried his new ones and they seem to fit my ears well enough. I would have to try them again and wear them outside to be sure.

DS is off to work and DD has girl scouts tonight.

13. sweetpumkinpye

Back from DD's. It did not take as long as I thought to do the rooms that we were doing. DD did her room, BF did the ensuite and I did the laundry room. All the other kids were there except for two so the house will get done pretty quickly. DH and some of the boys did the lawns. All in all it was not too bad.

DH is watching Jumanji, I have never seen it so I might join him.

14. MrsSoup

Katrina- So nice of you and DH to help!

15. sweetpumkinpye

Jess, I love to be involved with the kids as do you.

Jumanji was good, DH and I both enjoyed it. DH had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner, I had a mixed salad. A nice light dinner.
    Am trying to convince DH to watch The Greatest Showman with me that I recorded a few weeks back. Wonder what the odds are lol