TGIF November 30th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 30, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Last day of November! Tomorrow starts officially the Christmas season :)

2. luludou

Halimer is a the picture of your dog and Santa?

Finally slept not too bad. Energy levels are better, less headache but still stomache aches. Ah well for now acupuncture seems to be working not too bad. I went mostly for headaches.

Nothing much on the agenda except work. Last night we finally went to costco's … each Week we were supposed to go but. Cost us $600 and Nothing extravagant in there, mostly food. 1 dog bed for ds's futur dog.

Have a great day

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lucie and all to come.

We are having a lot of fog in our area. Already some schools are having delays. Don't know about Samuel's. I need to call to see how DD is doing. I didn't bother her last night. Steve and Mel are moving today and the people who were supposed to help them backed out. I guess it is mostly furniture and big pieces. I feel for them. Please say a little prayer for them if you are so inclined.

I fell asleep in my chair last night in my clothes. When I woke up, I was too tired to go to bed so just laid on the sofa and slept off and on. Bad decision.

If DD doesn't need me today, I will get started on her apron. If I start, I should finish it today. And I can knock another gift down. The only person I have finished is Brysen. Cause what can you get a baby who will only be 4 months old at Christmas? I am debating on whether to get Lindsay anything or not. She will probably still be in jail. Smh

Not too much else happening here today. I am sitting here in slacks and a heavy sweater and am cold! I think a cup of hot tea is in order. I only have one chai tea bag left. But I will make it last! I love chai tea.

Hope everyone has a great day! Be careful and be safe! But mostly, be blessed!

4. horsemama

horsemama Member

Very foggy here as well. I'm at work today, hopefully will squeak out a little early and hit the grocery store on the way home. Don't like going Saturday morning cause it's too busy. I also need to pick up a new dog tie-out (the plastic coated wire kind) cause my sweetie broke the tie last night when I let him out. He went after a rabbit and it busted. Luckily the rabbit got away and I got the dog back inside. Running thru slush in socks and pj's at 10 pm... :eek: Why don't they do that kind of stuff in the daylight? LOL

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DD babysat last night, and asked her friend to do it with her. The little girl is a brat so she didn't want to do it at all that's why she asked the friend to come along. The girl cried off and on the entire time (almost 3 hours). Pretty much every time she didn't get her way. She was throwing toys and refused to pick up, wouldn't eat her dinner but wanted candy instead...sounds like maybe she is pretty spoiled, she is an only child. Anyway, DD said she won't do it again.

DH and DS had fun, I think. DH said that there were 3 comedians before Kevin Hart (seems like a lot) and that he didn't come on until almost 9 (show started at 7). They will both be tired this morning. I don't have anything on my schedule this morning but this afternoon I have a meeting at a local taco joint to talk about catering. I really just want to get a price estimate and they wouldn't give it to me over email. :rolleyes: So I have to go in after the kids get home. I'm not even sure if we're going to be able to cater our holiday event next week, but i'm just gathering information. DD has girl scouts this evening.

I need to make a list of things I want to get done today, seems to be working well for me except i've been skipping some things so those need to happen first this morning.

Lucie- I feel like my Christmas season already started. LOL
    Pam- I hope DD is doing well! I don't think I would worry about getting Lindsay anything. Enjoy your tea!
    HM- Oh no! I'm glad you were able to get the dog!

Enjoy your day!

6. luludou

Pam - Steve and Mel are still together? I Don't know how it works, can they receive gifts in prison? Maybe a good book might help her out.
    Jess - I too feel the Christmas season has started long ago, it's just the time for THE OTHERS (non-MHH) to join our fun :)

Been having stomach problems all Morning, uggg, those days I wish I could be at home.

Later friends

MrsSoup likes this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all . its been a rough week i just cant seem to get much done. i miss my dog so much i come home and i dont see or hear her . i know i had her a long time and i have things to get done. everyone have a good night

luludou likes this.
  8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It was grey and just started to rain. Lovely;)

Prepping for tomorrow today. Made the applesauce, tuna salad and egg salad. Found my Hanukkah serving plates:). Figured out some more gifts (still waiting for others to come in) did two loads of laundry and trying to do a it more decorating. Table is not cleaned off yet but I am working on it.

Lucie - yes, that is Buffy and Santa. The local mall has a really good Santa. They started out with one pet photo night a season and now they do it for 5 Sundays starting in November
    HM - our dog one lit out after a squirrel and tore off one of the slats from our friend's deck! We did get the dog back and the squirrel escaped!
    Pam - next time go straight to bed when you are tired! there must be an approved list of what you can give people in jail
    Faye - I know what you mean. I still see shadows of our previous dogs about the house
    Jess - putting in a good word here for only children! We are great! Sorry DD had to put up with a brat. Hope you get the catering worked out

MrsSoup likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

So sorry Faye. I know that feeling and it's hard. We put a framed picture and our dog's collar up to remember him when we had to put him down a few years ago. We also had him cremated and a print of his paw made in clay. It's almost like a mini memorial. Maybe you could do something similar with a photo and the collar or another object. Sending love to you.

10. horsemama

horsemama Member

housewife2 - I know what you're going thru. When I had to put down my dog Shasta, she was almost 16, and it just hurt so bad. I took a bulletin board and filled it with pictures of her, and have her collar hanging on the wall beside it. I rescued another dog right away. I didn't want to be in the house without a dog. It's a personal choice, some people need some time to heal first. The love from my new buddy Riley sure helps. Hang in there.

MrsSoup likes this.
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

My dad had a beloved dog. 40 years after the dog died I was helping my dad move I found the dogs collar in his garage. I stuck it in my car. Once dad was moved I attached the collar to his favorite chair. He loved to touch the collar and rattle the dog tags. When dad died we buried him with the Dogs collar. Our pets are so tied to us.

LC1 is working today. DD didn’t want to go to work. I told her that was ok because I thought she looked pale and better rest. So with in an hour she was saying she felt really sick. Had to have something for pain too. LC22 stopped by this afternoon and now DD is fine. It’s funny that DD can decide she’s sick just because I suggested it. She did not look sick or even pale this morning when I told her. But we did avoid a raging screaming episode like she usually does when she doesn’t want to go to work.

LC22 has left for the airport to pick up her sister. Sister is on leave for a few weeks before reporting to duty in Korea. She has all her baggage with her. Three huge bags since she had to clear her quarters. Not sure how much stuff they will allow her to take to Korea. Will have to remind her to check on this. I also said she will notice how immature her friends are now that she has joined the Air Force. Hard to believe she just graduated high school this year and is now off overseas.

I put out one large tote of my snowmen. It filled my small display case but I know I have more snowmen somewhere. I’ll be hunting them shortly.

Dinner will be a shrimp pasta tonight. Enjoy your evening.

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Saturday here 1st of December and first day of Summer.
    A busy day here. DH is putting up the tree. I am about to decorate the rest of the house.
    DS and DD are off to the optometrist, DD for a check up and DS to pick out his glasses. When they get back DD will help fluff the tree and with the decorating.
    This afternoon I have my work picnic. Not to excited to be going as I am really annoyed with the whole work situation. Will go and try to keep my opinions to myself!!!

Nest go, DH needs help with the tree skirt.

13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again! It sleeted earlier, then drizzled. Every type of weather in one day!

I baked two cakes and made a meatloaf for dinner. DH must have like it cause he ate 3 slicesk!

Probably going to surf Pinterest now and rest up since all that has to be cooked was cooked and tomorrow stuff just has to be plated. And the bagels and donuts have to be bought.

Katrina - enjoy the picnic
    Diedra - I think you handled things very well with DD this morning!
    Faye - while putting up mantle decorations I found the ornaments I made for the two dogs who left us. Yet another way to remember our friends

14. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Debbie- For sure not all only children are spoiled brats, but i've known a few. LOL
    Diedra- Good call on DD this morning! Typically Unaccompanied Soldiers (for the Army anyway) are allowed to take their issued gear and then so many personal bags on an overseas assignment like Korea. So if she has too many she'll have to leave some things with her sister most likely. Or the military will pay for storage.
    Katrina- Good luck with the picnic!

I went to Target and returned an antenna that DH had bought to try in his office and then did some shopping. I found a stocking stuffer, some lit garland, and a few other things. I dropped by my friend's house on the way home and chatted for a bit with her and her parents who are in town. Her 2 year old didn't want to let me go home and then told me she wanted to come to my house. hehe I came home and wrapped a couple things that the elves are going to bring tomorrow and then talked to my mom. I swept the floor and straightened up a bit and continued watching a movie I started this morning. I'll have to get ready to go shortly to this meeting about catering, I really would rather not go.

The nurse called earlier and DD will get recasted next Thursday the 6th. She'll be in the cast for about 4 1/2 weeks until January 8th and then maybe the camboot again. We'll see. We are going surfing in the morning so she can try it out before she can't. At least she'll spend half of the time on Christmas break and not in school.

Lots of good Hallmark movies this year.

15. sweetpumkinpye

The tree is up and the kids have put their decorations on it. I have done the dining room, kitchen and the rest of the loungeroom. I have done a little in my bedroom and bathroom.
    I have run out of time today as need to go to the work picnic, will finish the rest tomorrow.
    One set of tree lights are not working. I am sure that I only bought them last year. What a shame. Will see if I can fix them, if not I will buy some more. I think I will get LED ones next instead of the bulb ones.
    All the family are having naps, it is warm here. I would like to stay home and have a nap but that is not on the cards. Don't think I will be too long at the picnic so can have an early night if needed and get up early tomorrow to finish the tree.

16. MrsSoup

Katrina- Good job on the tree!

I have delivered the girls to scouts and will go pick them up in an hour. They always say an hour but are never finished when I get there. :rolleyes:

I had my meeting with the restaurant and got a good quote, for the island anyway. We'll see what the Commander thinks and how much money we have left after other expenses and see if we can do it. I think it would be worth it. I went by the pharmacy and picked up DD's new med. The doc put her on Singulair in addition to her twice a day Allegra and Flonase. We'll see if it helps.

I finished A Veteran's Christmas on Hallmark. I recorded it yesterday I think. It was excellent, probably my favorite so far of the new ones this year.

Better get ready to go pick up the girls so I can sit in the parking lot and wait for who knows how long. ;)

17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I drank regular, instead of decaf, tea at supper, so I'm still wide awake, but I got some things done. I'm taking my mom Christmas shopping tomorrow, so I wanted to get some things done tonight, anyway. The local Christmas parade and fireworks were tonight. DD21 and I met some family and watched it together. DS and family was on one of the floats. I wrapped DS's Christmas present because it's too large to hide, and they'll be coming for lunch Sunday.

It was 74° here today. We have the A/C running because it's so hot and muggy. It supposed to be that way through Sunday, I think. Severe weather was forecast for us for tonight, but it's going around us...or seems to be. I'll have my phone set for alerts just in case.

Faye, I'm sorry it's a sad time for you. It has to be hard not getting that welcome home greeting you're used to.
    Jessica, life seems to be full of those hurry-up-and-waits!
    Deidra, I love it! You do so well dealing with Vanessa's moods. You're a genius! Saved you and her a headache. Shrimp and pasta sounds yummy!
    HM, it's good you can have a sense of humor about your dog. I don't like battling the Saturday morning grocery store brigade, either.
    Debbie, it sounds like you have everything well prepared for tomorrow. What kind of cakes?
    Katrina, that's a bummer about CW, and especially that it's putting more work on you. That will make you not have the time off you were expecting??
    Lucie, I'm sorry your tummy is giving you such issues again. My Dniece who just is here from Vegas has to follow a very strict diet...it's surprising what all she has learned through the process of elimination that she needed to not eat. It makes me thankful that I can eat most anything with no adverse side effects.

I better see if I can get some sleep. We're meeting at 8:00 to go shopping. I'd like to mop before I leave tomorrow....swept tonight, already.

Night, everyone.

18. sweetpumkinpye

MissJane.
    Yes, a real pity that we are having a hard time getting someone suitable. I will not do any extra shifts before Christmas but will probably have to work more hours in the new year.

19. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

thank you all i appreciate all the nice words