TGIF September 7th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Sep 7, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

tea.png

TGIF!!!

2. luludou

Morning MHH World. Cooler here this morning was 9C during the night. Off to gym.

Meeting (probably) new CW at 8:30 then need to make an appointment with new boss. Lots of work over there so the switch will have to be quick, and it's better that way.

Did not sleep well - yesterday seems we lost the power and dh had reset clock but alarm went off at midnight. Then I woke at 3:15 and did not go back to sleep. I will be dragging.

Today will be clearing out emails, files and personal stuff from my desk.

Have a great day

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's 69* again this morning with 95% humidity. For heaven's sake....we need a break. It will be in the high 70s today. After bearing days of heat in the 90s, the super decides we can wear shorts to work today. :rolleyes: I won't wear shorts, but will have on capris.

H will be home tonight. It's the end of our last dance free week for a long time. Lessons start Monday for M. Next weekend, competition starts on Sundays. Religious Ed starts Sunday, too.

Lucie...hope all goes well today. Sending lots of love your way!

Have a good day! TGIF!!

4. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I need to get to work a little early to run some things off. I woke up around 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I went ahead and took my shower, and put a load of clothes in the washer. I need to go swap them over so they'll dry before I go to work.

CW decided our customer sales and service classes need to sale snacks at the home ballgames. :mad::mad: I go to the football games to watch them, not to be hid behind the bleachers supervising students! UGH! Hopefully, we'll sell out early. lol!

Lisa, SMH! I can't believe that's the super's solution to the heat! We're allowed to wear capris as part of our dress code. Hope the heat breaks soon. It sounds like your schedule is about to get full.

Lucie, I hope this will be a positive change for you.

Have a great day, everyone!

5. luludou

Diedra - hope LC1 feels better.

Thanks everyone. will be a hard day but then afterwards it'll just get better :)

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Lucie, thinking of you.

Lisa, I don't do shorts either. Some at home but that is it.

Jane, hope you do sell out fast.

Jody, congrats on retirement! Your granddaughter will be so happy to see you guys and surprised!

I work Centralia today. That is the branch I started out from 2000-2009. it is the one that is busy. Will be tired tonight I am sure.

Thought I heard thunder before I got up. We are in the possible 4-8" they say but it was to start late afternoon --night and nothing yet. Thru Sunday so will see. Temps are to cool with it. I think in 80's. Has been 95 and above this week.

Diedra, hope your LC is okay.

Suppose I better move along.

Have a GREAT day all!

7. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Morning all!!!

Gonna do a quick pick up and mop floors today. Not much else planned. Sun is finally up so I can go feed the birds. Not sure what is planned for the weekend. Some yard project I am sure... depends on how tired Hubby is.

Have a great day!!

8. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Morning everyone! I am dragging today - we had an upgrade at work last night and I was working all evening (other than running to Parent Teacher night event) and then slept 3 hours - up at 1:15AM for more work stuff and back to bed about 4AM.

Still had to get DS to school so alarm went off at 6AM o_O

So I just came into work at normal time and plan to leave early. Starbucks is my friend today!!! lol

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Morning all. Cloudy, cooler and muggy and not a good night for sleep last night. Sigh.

I do need to start cooking today. Perhaps I shall bake first and then thrown the brisket in the oven as it takes hours upon hours of cooking. The soup could be done if the chicken would thaw;). I need to put up some fall decorations and hang some pictures before DH arrives back.

Not in the mood for a baseball game tonight.

Diedra - how is LC1?
    Lucie - thinking of. you and hoping that things go well
    Lisa - hope that school is cooler
    Pamela - no word yet?

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm dragging today. The super sign up went well last night, we had a good turnout. I don't have anything on the schedule until this evening so I will be chaining myself to my desk and doing schoolwork! I will allow myself trips to the bathroom and coffee pot and maybe short walks around the block so my legs don't stiffen up, they are pretty sore this morning. ;)

This evening DD has girl scouts and the Stroller Warriors are getting together for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. I think I will go if DH can hold down the fort and take care of girl scouts. I feel sort of bad because I was gone last night, but he'll survive.

Enjoy your day!

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all , t ball practice was fun for some others i think the parents needed to let up on them some. they are 4 they will get distracted even bored just standing in the field for 2 hours it was hot just give them a chance to learn. slow day at work . its 90 out and humid so tired of the heat. picked up a baked chicken from sams club . dont feel like cooking to much for dinner tonite have greens and pototo salad

12. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Hey,

Caught up on news here.

Another hurricane heading to US and Hawaii? Ack.

13. MrsSoup

Yes, we have another one coming our way here in Hawaii, Hurricane Olivia. Should be here sometime next week I believe. I will hit up the Commissary today or tomorrow just to grab some non-perishables. We are set with meat and water and all the other supplies from last time.

My enrollment counselor called this morning just to check in. She went on maternity leave before I was officially started at WGU so she wanted to see how things were going. It was sweet of her to do that. I asked about her baby and we chatted for a minute. Another reason I love WGU, such awesome staff!

I have completed my homework and am now ready to take the post-test for this unit. I went on a walk around the block and DH is off to work so I have the house to myself.

14. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I am officially bored. ;)

My house is clean. The laundry is done and it is too muddy to work outside.

Maybe it is a good time to go and relax and knit. Hubby should be home soon. I can't decide if I am going to the "big" football game tonight at the high school. Its time for the "Miner's Trophy" game plus the big tv station is going to be there videoing the game for live tv. I could stay home and watch it on Youtube.... we will see what Hubby wants to do. Kiddo will have the car so... that might make life interesting.

Fooey... I just remember I promised to irons Kiddo's clothes for his job interview. I better go get that done....

15. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I finished unit 10! I had to take the post-test twice because I scored in the 70's the first time and you have to score over 80% to move on. I scored a 92% or something like that the second time. I have walked around the block twice today, taking breaks. DH and I ran out and grabbed Taco Bell for lunch. He called the Harley shop and talked to them about ordering a new transmission for his bike and they said they would have to check on it and call him back. He's really frustrated because it's been an ordeal. Then he called and paid the bike insurance. Now he's off to work again. I did some reading and am probably going to do some more.

Friend called and said she's not going to the dinner tonight, so looks like i'm going by myself. :rolleyes: They are the most unorganized people. Her husband has decided that he's going out to have drinks or something with a guy that he worked with in SC that is in town. Her husband leaves tomorrow for 2 weeks so it's the only night they can do that. Why the guy can't go to their house and hang out, I have no idea. I would be darned if I was cancelling my plans that I already had so DH could go out instead. The girls have girl scouts so her daughter can't babysit. Whatever, not my house or life. I'll go by myself and meet new people and have a good time.

Just found out that Eli has a pack meeting tomorrow afternoon. I really, really don't want to go and we don't have his uniform together yet. They aren't getting any of their badges yet anyway so maybe we'll skip it. Hmm.

I'm off to take my pre-test for unit 11 and then read.

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Hello, missed yesterday for some reason.
    A busy few days.
    Met DD's BF parents on Thursday night, very nice people and we had a lovely dinner. They are very similar to DH and I so had a lot to talk about.
    Yesterday went to lunch with my former work mates and then did a bit of shopping.
    Today just some house work and then the kids will come over tonight for pizza and to watch the Ice Hockey grand final. Should be a great night.

17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Thanks for asking. She is still off work. Today I was talking to her outside. She is standing and walking very sorely.

18. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hey there!

I forgot to post this a.m. Got kitchen done today. Made a pitcher of sweet tea and a pitcher of peach tea. Filled my water pitcher. And cooked my smoked sausage, potatoes, and fresh green beans in the crockpot! Boy was it good. Worked on the living room a bit, too. Neighbor came over to deliver some mail that was put in my old box, and we visited for a while. By then, I had lost my mojo. Just watched t.v. for a while. Now I am in bed. It rained ALL day. I think DGS was to have a soccer game. Hope it was cancelled.

Praying you all have a good night's rest and a bright tomorrow.