TGIFriday 10/19/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Oct 19, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

It's a bit chilly out there this morning, 45 degrees but will warm up to 68 today. Vic went to work in his workout gear as he has to weigh in this morning for the semi-annual physical fitness test. He had his sweatpants and sweatshirt on over his shorts and T-shirt. He does not like the cold.

Started the laundry and I'm about to have a piece of toast and coffee and catch up on a few You Tube videos. Eye appointment this morning - definitely time for new glasses. Dropping my watch at the watch repair - I think it just needs a new battery but I have no idea how to get into it. Vic is packing tonight for another trip but I think he'll take a break from that long enough for us to go and get some dinner. We have to pack his extender pole - he bought two heavyweight packing tubes from UPS to join together into one long tube so I hope Delta will be kind to them.

I'm determined to finish up Project Life this weekend - I think I have about six weeks to work on from July-August and then bring it up to date for this week. I will endeavor to keep it current every couple of days. It has to be packed away soon so I need to get it done. Inventorying is on the agenda for the rest of the weekend and into next week. Moving day is just around the corner. Have a great weekend!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! feeling sleepy this morning. did gym.

Well yesterday we saw a few flakes but this morning it was white! it'll go away as the forecast is 7C today.
    Can't wait for it to be the weekend

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Went to bed early and slept pretty good.

Aunt Millie called last night and they aren't coming in tomorrow. The cousins dog was outside and got sprayed by a skunk and she let in so now wants to clean the house and dog before coming. Allen called my aunt and told her we would come tomorrow after work stay all night and bring her here Sunday and take her back next week or doing the week. But she said no. Allen and Teigan will go tell Aunt Im this a.m..

Teigan is suppose to go to Ryans tonight. I work till 5 tonight and noon tomorrow but my plan is DIVE into rest of my room!!!! I do need to grocery shop and and and.....

Suppose I will close and go see what is happening.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

5. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning early posters... Lana, Lucie, and Pamela!!

I must mop the floor today. It is a total mess from the snow and the mud. Kiddo works this weekend. Gotta make sure he has food and a clean uniform.

Went eat coleslaw last night and it had already gone bad... I just bought it!! That is the downside of having the grocery store pick up your groceries. Not all the food is up to my standards of freshness. I am going to start checking it in the store parking lot before I take it home with me. Hate to be a nag/snot but I am not paying for food only to have to throw it away right away. I am done fussing.

Time to go wake up the sleeping teen... his alarm already went off.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all Busy MHHers (and to the not so busy ones, like me)

DD has decided nicely not to go to work. She thought it might make her too tired and she needed to exercise instead. Yep, that's her thinking. LC1 and her are upstairs doing her exercises.

I have started a few lists of things I want to get done. I always think of items once I'm in bed. Somehow can't think of them when I'm up and have the time. I have three shadow boxes I want to make, I need to call around to see where I can get some photo negatives printed, need to check Goodwill for some white sheets to make ghosts for a Halloween photo, Find plans for building a pirate ship on a wagon and the last thing on my list says snow new boards. Now remember I was writing in the dark. I guess tonight I'll remember what it actually means. Then I made a list of days to put on the Calendar. Goodwill Day--I want Dh to haul off several boxes. Mailing Day--I have several boxes to mail that I keep putting off. Sewing Day--those little sewing repairs that I never "feel" like doing and last a Halloween Day when I practice our make-up.

Wishing all a good start on the weekend.

7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Morning.

I am feeling flu like symptoms. They started last night. Today I ache. I usually don't react to flu shots like this, very unusual. I talked DH in to getting his and he said he would on Monday, I hope to talk him into getting it tomorrow in case he has the same reaction.

I will attempt to clean the house today and I have to run to the library and return my books that are due today.

Tomorrow I am taking my former boss's daughter to lunch and bowling for her birthday.

I would also like to do some more baking this weekend for the wedding.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm about to head out to run my first 5K, luckily DH is running with me. He's having the Company formation at the field and then releasing the Soldier's to do the 5K. After that i'll come home and get ready and i'm meeting the Commander's wife at her house to talk about our December event. Then I have to run and pick up a present for my "other" son (friend's son) as his party is tomorrow. Hopefully will get some schoolwork done today as well. Nothing else on the calendar, hoping DD doesn't have girl scouts tonight as there has been no mention of it at all.

I'll be back later for personals hopefully!

Enjoy your day!

9. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone. Busy weekend ahead. I have the Dean of Agriculture Advisory Council Meeting this afternoon. We will be touring several places on campus. Then tonight is their Banquet. I need to go early and pick up a few non perishable items. The daughter-in-laws and grandkids and I are going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow and then back here. We will have a Taco Bar and set up for them to decorate and/or carve their pumpkins. Sunday I think the boys and I and whoever is going to cut wood. I have a picnic to go to Sunday afternoon but if we are cutting wood I will skip it. Much more important to get wood cut.

I have made and paid for my room reservations for my trip to Australia in April. Also have my meeting Registration paid. So now all I have to do is get my plane ticket. I have been looking into that but will possibly wait until after Christmas to purchase it. Not sure. Could go ahead and do it now. Then i just have to go online and get my Visa. I have my Passport, but also need a Visa.

Jody - hope you get to feeling much better! Flu is not fun at all.
    Deidre - very wise to make those lists. They help to to stay focused and I have a feeling of accomplishment when I can mark them off. Good luck.

10. luludou

Afternoon - went out and got the missing gray felt to finish off the Halloween costume. also bought 2 stocking stuffers for ds and 1 for dd.

Later

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. it was cold this morning had the heat on going to work . but ill take it rather than the heat,its not to bad out right now. going to kings dominion for halloween haunt. tomo see the new halloween movie with my son. sun we go bowling for my sons bday then bdubs to watch the game dallas -redskins. we are a dallas fan family. have agood weekend

luludou likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Saturday here and all of a sudden I have a huge to do list in front of me. That's what happens when you are lazy on Friday and don;t get your chores done.
    Need to make soup, bought the veggies on Thursday and am scared that they will go bad if I don't do it today. I hate throwing out food so that will be the first priority today. Need to do a quick pick up pf the house and if time start decluttering the hall cupboard. Also need to plant some flowers that I got last night at the hardware store.

Doodlebug, which city are you visiting in Australia? Do you have dates yet?

Better get moving,

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  13. luludou

Evening! dh is gone to his guitar lesson so I'm on here :)

CW met with director... seems there where LOTS of points to discuss ... not just leaving early (time she comes in the morning, noon hour, absences, leaving early, her way of speaking with clients) I don't know how it went as I took a break and was not around when she got out. when I came back she had left for home.

DH bought the toilet and faucets (that was the word I was looking for yesterday!) for shower, bath & sink.

He has been in touch with insurance for the fire cleanup in back... pfffff! insurance! it's almost not worth claiming, insurance will go up... so I guess we'll be doing alot of cleaning :(

doing laundry and putting more items on my to-do list for the weekend :rolleyes:

14. sweetpumkinpye

Phew, it is getting hot here. Will finish the chores and the sit down for a minute or two.
    Soup is on the stove and it is smelling good in here. I am doing a beef and veggie broth and a cauliflower soup. I will portion and freeze it for lunches over the next few weeks. Even though it is warming up here I like to grab something quick for lunch at work and seeing as though I am on a no carb thing at the moment I will alternate between soup and salad.

15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I got some schoolwork done today and then went to the PX and picked up the present, had lunch with DH. I had just gotten home when the Commander's wife texted that she was back home from an appointment that she forgot about (she cancelled our meeting this morning) and I could come anytime. So I let the dogs out and back in and then went right back out the door. We talked about running and then the December meeting. I got home just in time to get Eli from the bus and witnessed two vehicles blow right through the bus's stop sign while the kids were exiting the bus. I was pretty shocked.

DS texted me that the Commissary called him while in class. He called back and they told him to come in after 4 to pick up paperwork. His friends that work there told him to get solid color shorts and an Aloha shirt so off to the PX we went as soon as he got home from school. They had cargo shorts on clearance for just over $7 so we got 3 pairs, a pack of white t-shirts and an Aloha shirt. Then we headed to the Commissary. They weren't very helpful at first and then another lady showed up and acted like she had no idea what DS was talking about even though the lady that called him told him to talk to her. She finally gave him the paperwork and explained it and then told him to come tomorrow evening for training. So, he has a job! Yay!

Jody- Feel better!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

A huge thunder storm just came through and cooled everything down. Thinking about putting on a jumper!
    Have finished the decorating for Halloween and have put the soup into containers. Not sure how to spend the rest of the afternoon.

17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

I was more focused with a list today. Got a few things off my list. Tomorrow I want to finish up the cards we were working on today. We ended up using over 100 of the cards. DD will give these to her friend for Christmas plus a roll of stamps. LC1 and I cut the fronts of the cards off (mostly LC1) and DD helped by getting paper clips to hold on the inside verses we cut off the old cards. Next we put them on card stock. Need to come up with a cool storage idea for them.

I did go to the post office for stamps. Two rolls and 4 sheets of Christmas stamps. The clerk and I were reminiscing about way back in the olden days when you could pay your AT&T bill with stamps and even your utility bill. I remember one electric company gave you so many light bulbs if you came into the office to pay your bill. Those times are long gone.

DD did have a good day even with staying home from work. She just went to bed. Her shoulder muscles are giving her a hard time. She needs to do her neck and shoulder exercises but any exercise if good so we do not put too hard. I gave her a warm rice pack to us tonight. She will wake me during the night for some Tylenol for sure.

Sleep tight all.