Thankful it's Thursday, 1-9-20

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Jan 9, 2020.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

It's a bitter, cold 12 degrees here this morning.

Heading to school....pretty sure that I will earn another day of coverage. :( Then it will be home for the evening and hosting J's poker group.

Have a blessed day!

jampss, GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day all. Lisa I pray you have a good day at school.

My plan is still in today concentrating on this scripture. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."

It's supposed to be windy here today with rain on the way. These January temps have been crazy.

Have a good day all..

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Got up about 5 and took the front room curtains down and washed them. The washer spins out really good so I hung them back up to dry on the rod. I showered and Teigan asked last night for us to come to Radom this a.m. and take her to school from there. So home now and I decided to put the kitchen and dining room curtains in the wash and get them hung up before leaving. Have to wash the sliding door windows and kitchen window yet.

Need to get hamburger out and put butter out to soften before going.

Aunt Imogene will be 90 tomorrow so since I am off today we are going to take her to a place to eat about 11. There are about 4 people from town here who will come and surprise her and then I called mom, older sister and her partner and then a nephew (he has the same bday) and they will all come. They will be in the back and when we come in and get her settled they will come out. Tis the plan anyway as I know it. Need to run by the courthouse and the doctors office too. By then Teigan will almost be out of school. She wants to make cookies tonight and asked to stay over.

Also, I need to run by the bank and put money into Christmas Club (for taxes) and pay the water bill.

Mom got the keys to the house she will be renting in Nashville so will probably go see it today. Sure wish she would of gotten the keys last week when weather was in 50's near 60. To be close to 60 today tonight rain coming in. Could be severe tomorrow and they are still saying 2-4" and then snow Saturday but only minor. Shall see.

Lisa, always on the RUN!

Tricia, praying you have a good day.

Jess, alot on your table at this time.

I better go clean the windows. I'm still working on that nose twitching thingy BUT ain't ever goin get it right so..................................

Have a GREAT day!

Trash day is today so will see if they stop. Didn't last week and I called Monday and they were to come Tuesday and it was a no show so..... Taking this trash up and down and there is ALOT since the holidays and 2 weeks and Ryan had 3 bags from his room. THEY BETTER STOP!!!!! I am deducting $4.50 from last week. It was their first week last week. Other boys had everyone spoiled. They sold out to this company.

jampss, girlsinmo and GrammaDeb like this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I didn't even hear DH's alarm this morning. Tank woke me up by coming up to the bed wanting to go outside. I have work from 8-1:30, then i'll pick up Eli when he gets out at 2. I'll try to call the principal I need to contact on my break I think and set up a time to meet with her. We need to discuss the placement and I need to give her paperwork. DH thinks I should ask Target to hold my job for me. I'm a seasonal (temporary) employee and they are trying to cut hours so I highly doubt they are going to hold my job for an indefinite amount of time, anywhere from 3-5 weeks, because I have decided that I am not working during my PCE. I don't want or need the added stress. I need to talk to my boss again and let her know that i'm, most likely, not working after this month.

I'm almost finished with my reflections for my task, just need to fill in a bit more. I will do that today and send to my instructor. I need to figure out where the closest FedEx is and drop Alice off. I have her all packaged up and ready to go. I need to start up my happiness jar again. I read all my slips on New Years Eve although I didn't really keep up with it last year, only the first few months. This year I would like to keep up with it better and all year long. I haven't written anything down so far though. :(

I need to call my friend today and check on her. Her parents were visiting since mid-December and they left yesterday so i'm sure she is a wreck. If I weren't working I would go see her.

Lisa- Stay warm!
    Hi Tricia!
    Lana- Sounds like a fun day and a great surprise for Aunt Im! I sure hope they show up today!!

Enjoy your day!

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! I am now in Tampa and it is cloudy and going up to the 70's and supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow. So much for winter!

We had a fast, safe trip down and I am slowly getting things into place, buying groceries, trying to plan things to do, etc. I've also gone back to working on caravan planning and am contacting the various places we are going to and confirming dates and times, etc.

Today DH and I will go to an excellent BBQ place for lunch, then maybe the final grocery and back home. Made meatloaf for dinner.

I've been doing some knitting and plan to start printing out holiday pictures and scrapbooking last year.

Lana - you get so much done before work it's amazing! And what a nice birthday you've planned for Aunt Im!
    Lisa - good retirement decision - stick by it!
    Tricia - one day at a time!
    Jess - glad you got your placement set up so easily -
    FS - glad you and the girls had fun in the snow - it must have been no fun having them sick so much of the year
    Katrina - you accomplished a lot on your errand day!
    Mel - hope the snow didn't cause any problems for K and her car
    Diedra - you're making wonderful progress on the new house

girlsinmo and GrammaDeb like this.
  7. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!

It was so gusty this morning I was hoping for another snow day, but unfortunatly not.

DD6's teacher was replaced with a new one after Chirstmas and she was crying this morning saying she didn't want to go. She said the teacher told them they were all bad and her old class was much better than them. She also believes the whole class has to be punished when someone acts up rather than the individual, so they missed their recess and spent the whole afternoon sitting quietly in their seats. She was saying she wasn't bad and had been so excited to get out and play in the snow. I told her the teacher might be trying to make sure the kids listen to her where she's new and things will probably get better. She was begging me to pull her out of school, which is too bad because despite getting punched in the face a few times last semester, she mostly likes school. It's only been a few days though, so I imagine things will work themselves out.

Cleaning, washing and baking bread here. We're in for warm weather for the weekend and lots of rain to take all this beautiful snow away.

Have a great day all!

girlsinmo, GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  8. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Snow in the forecast but I haven't seen anything yet. I'm hoping that it holds off until after Sophia has been here and gone as I hate the thought of her driving when the road conditions are bad. Work is steady today, I stayed up late last night taking all the ornaments off the travel tree and putting about half of them away. I'll finish it off tonight as the family room really looks like a tornado has gone through there. Not much else planned for the evening.

Have a great day, stay warm and dry!

9. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Spent the day in the ER with Sebastian today. He apparently has developed renal failure. They are keeping him for the night maybe more. My husband was texting me that Myron was vomiting all over the house while I was there ( didn’t really need to know that while I was in the er). I’m home now, the carpets are scrubbed, and now I’m still trying to defrost after a hot shower. I’ve been freezing all day and have a headache. Tomorrow can only be better.
    I should be taking down Christmas but I’ll wait until the weekend. My husband moved the hall tree to his office because Myron was chewing on it ( maybe that’s why he was vomiting?). I’d like to go through everything to see what I can get rid of.
    Lana, how exciting about the birthday party. im Sure she will love it. A very special birthday for sure.
    Prayers for all in need.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

A very good morning to you all,
    Friday here and it is going to be a hot one again 40c (104). Should cool down a little over the weekend.
    I did most things yesterday so that today I can just sit, do some crafting while watching a movie or two.
    Tonight when he gets home DS and I will empty his book case and entertainment centre in his sun room to see what we might need in the way of storage etc. Tomorrow with list in hand we will head off to IKEA and then come home and finish this room, we will move on to his bedroom next weekend. It will be nice to have his section of the house done by the end of the month.

FS, hope that DD has a great day at school
    Debbie, enjoy your nice days,
    Lana,happy birthday to your dear Aunt Imogene

11. teachermomof2

Good evening!

It has warmed a bit to the low 30s. I guess it will really get warm tomorrow....into the 50s. The weather shifts are crazy lately.

I did have a coverage day today. We had 2 teachers out this morning. One had one sub for half a day, but that sub wouldn't stay to do the other class for the second half of the day. So we ended up having those kids all day. Thankfully the student who gives me a hard time daily in Reading, who I would have had all day, was absent. So that was a nice break. Got through the day....one more day to go! Thank you Tricia for your prayers!

I came home to some kind of wet poop stain on the hall carpet...not sure what Karla did today. So I scrubbed that up, then did some straightening and touch ups, made M and I dinner, and watched the news. A college classmate of H's was killed in an automobile accident yesterday afternoon. He was 19. J and H had just been on the same road about an hour before the accident. Very sad.

J has all of the Poker food out and ready. He made chili as the main dish. The guys should be arriving any minute now. I'm in the den, planning on doing my menu plan and grocery list before I head to bed. My knee joints are bothering me and the back of my left leg is super tight. It feels like a knot in the muscle. I sat with the heating pad for about 15 minutes and it helped.

LANA...sounds like a great party! Hope it went well.
    Jessica...best wishes with your placement!
    FS...sounds like the teacher is trying to gain control. I'm sure it will pass.
    Debbie...enjoy your time in Tampa!

Better go say my hellos....the gang is all here!

Peace and blessings.....

12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Work was fine, went by quickly enough I suppose. The new schedule for the week after next was finally posted before I clocked out for the day. I have zero hours on it! o_O Granted I had requested that Monday, Thursday, and Saturday off (and Sunday and Monday but that is on a different schedule). However, I still could have worked the remaining days. They are cutting hours big time, for everyone. They are even calling people and asking them not to come in. I heard they let a bunch of the seasonal cart people go already.

I called and scheduled a meeting with the principal at Holy Family Catholic Academy for Monday morning. Need to print my resume still for that. DS mentioned going to Cholo's tonight for dinner, but the other two kids don't care for it. I'm kind of over it myself but a margarita sure does sound good. Wonder if I could talk DH into it? He wouldn't want to go since it's rainy and we couldn't take the bike. :rolleyes:

I need to google and find out where FedEx is, maybe we can do that tonight.

Pamela- Hope the snow holds off!
    Amelia- So sorry for all you are dealing with regarding your beloved pets. They are family and when they are struggling it is just heartbreaking.
    Katrina- It will be nice to have part of the house done! I need to find time to focus on something like that.
    Lisa- Yikes on the stain! That's terrible about the accident. Thank you!

13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

Another day at Mayo. Up early. Once I was ready I was out the door for the two hour drive. Was a nice day out and the snow on the ground was beautiful. Their temps were higher than our. It was up to 40 when I left the clinic for home. Home temps were still below freezing. Same lunch at Victoria’s. Grilled salmon fillet on spinach salad. I asked the waitress if next time I could ask for the spinach to be sautéed. Of course they said yes. My appointment was in ENT. I was having some dizziness earlier this year. She tested me for Rocks in my ears (BPPV) but it has resolved now. She taught me the maneuvers to get them back in place. Was very educational. Drive home was uneventful.

Have a good evening.

14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!
    Was another busy day at work, spanish at noon, gym this morning. will not go to gym tomorrow morning as I need to do a few personal things.
    dd just texted and she will need help this weekend to plug in her new appliances and put up the ikea furniture she bought, and she has no boxes for moving.

tomorrow is lunch with Mrs. President at work (had won that before Christmas), with 4 friends from work, plus a picture.

feeling tired tonight, sore throat.

Night

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

When I got off work, I went and had a manicure by one of my former students who works at the salon where I get my hair cut. It was so funny, because my hair dresser came over where I was sitting and asked what I was doing there. She thought I had an appointment with her and had forgotten to put it on the books. When I told her I was there for a manicure, she died out laughing, was so thankful she hadn't forgotten me, and my appointment was with the nail tech. She told me to start taking a multivitamin when I told her why I was there and went back to her hair appointment client. My nails have started splitting into layers and peeling off into the quick at the tips of my fingers...hurts like the dickens. So, decided I can do this for myself.

When I got home, my mom was here and was sweeping. I packed one box from the bathroom for the move and went through the medicine, bandages, ointments, etc. Threw away a lot of things and have things to sell at the rummage sale we plan to have. Texted the kids and asked about their beach towels from when they were growing up.

They are still saying stormy weather overnight Friday and into the wee hours of the morning Saturday. I plan to bring boxes home from work tomorrow so I can work on packing some things and boxing others for rummage. We have a lot of Disney vhs tapes. I don't want to get rid of them, but don't want them at the new house. I may box them and put them in the storage shed. Just concerned about the heat getting to them...anyone know anything about whether or not it will ruin them?????

Lisa, so sorry it's such craziness at work. I remember the days I would be so thankful that, "that" student was absent. Amazing how the presence or absence of one student changes the entire nature of the classroom, and since you were having to deal with extras, I'm glad your problem one was absent.
    Jess, it will probably be hard to work and do your training at the school, too. I hope you like it.
    Lucie, how is DD doing since the breakup? Glad she is financially sound enough to get out on her own and not feel trapped in a relationship. Sorry your night was so short with sleep.
    Diedra, an ENT we loved showed DS how to do that when he was having dizziness...pretty interesting stuff! Glad she showed you how and that your trip was uneventful.
    Katrina, so nice to get things set up like you want them.
    Tricia, the temps are crazy for sure. We're 70s, then 50s. 30s at night, then almost 60. Weather people here are extremely concerned about the atmospheric differences coming in tomorrow night. It is hard not to worry. I have to keep reminding myself that God is in control of all things, especially when I watch the news...which I try to avoid.
    Debbie, the winter isn't very winterish so far here, either. Makes the natural gas bill be lower, but other than that...I like to have a good winter.
    FS, I hope the teacher changes and is trying to get some kind of bluff in making them think she's tough. I'm sure DD will adjust. I guess it's one of those "life isn't always fair" lessons DD is having to learn early.
    Amelia, oh, no! When it rains, it pours sometimes. I hope the moving the tree was the needed solution for Myron's being sick.
    Lana, happy BD to Aunt Im! Teigan is lucky that you and Allen live close enough to do all you do. Did the garbage truck run?

I'm off to bed. Rest well, friends.

16. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. I took dh to the VA this morning for bloodwork and then to lunch. Tried to get the car smog checked & registered, but the tech was out to lunch (for 3 hours?) and I didn't want to go back later. I still have a week to get it done.

DD & I undecorated the Christmas tree, and dsil put away the rest of the decorations. The floor needs to be cleaned and furniture & things put back where they belong.

DD made salsa and guacamole and is now making fry bread, and dsil got in on the action. He had to teach dd the "proper" way to make it. His mother was half Cree, and I guess she made it differently than the Navajo we learned from. However it's done, it's looking and smelling pretty good. Navajo Tacos for dinner...yum.

Have a restful night.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Ahorsesoul and girlsinmo like this.
  17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Yes heat is not good for them. Sell them (check some place like eBay to see if they are worth it) or give them to a family member who wants them.

missjane likes this.