Thankful It's Thursday, February 13, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Feb 13, 2020.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good Morning, MHH World!

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

It's cold here this morning. Not as cold as many of you, but cold for the South. High of 50 with winds from the north. It looks like we'll get a reprieve from the rain until Sunday when the rain will start again and last through mid-week next week. Maybe I can get potato slips into the raised beds Saturday.

DH is coughing and stuffy. I hope it's not the start of the flu. It seems that's the way it starts with most people. It seems like a cold at first, but then the fever starts.

I need to go to the store during my lunch break today to get DH a card and some things for Valentine's Day. I'll pick up something for DGSs, too.

Hope you all have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Same ole same ole here. Work and home.

Need to go get Teig up. We played dolls.

Cold here and still raining. Have had rain and snow dustings all week so far.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all.
    Haven't been on in a while. DH needed surgery so I was out of town. Came back to the kids all having a nasty bug and picked it up myself. Just doing my best to try to take care of DH without infecting him as well.
    At least school is cancelled today so it won't be another absense for the kids. DD9 is running a fever over 104 though and I'm nearly out of medicine and we have a big storm rolling in, so that has me worried. She always gets these high fevers.
    Hope everyone is having a better day than we are here!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day all. It's 38 here, thankfully not raining. It's supposed to be even colder tomorrow. The past few Thursdays DGD & I have been having a personal Sabbath. NO work around the house, no bill figuring, no FB until the afternoon and limited then and doing our best not to worry about anything. A quiet, relaxing day.

Jane I pray your DH feels better soon.
    FS I pray your DH recovery from his surgery goes well. And your DD is well soon.
    Hi Lana

Have a good day all. Do something you enjoy for yourself..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

@Ahorsesoul
    Diedra prayed for your LC1. Is there any change today?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Thanks for all the prayers.

LC1 is responding to questions by squeezing her hand but is still on life support.

I'll be getting DD up from her nap in a few minutes to head out for our shopping trip in the frozen tundra.

Enjoy your day.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH and I went out to my favorite Mexican place last night and the waitress remembered our drink and food order. Love that we are regulars there now enough to be remembered. We came home and watched some Master Chef and went to bed.

I am heading to school today and then to get my hair done for the ball tonight. I had planned on figuring out my makeup weeks ago and didn't. So i'll be figuring that out on the fly this afternoon when i'm getting ready. :eek: DH will pick up Eli from school. I need to try again to call Peds GI today and see if I can get DS scheduled. The pain is moving higher up near his ribs. I also need to call and sign DH and I up for Paint and Sip tomorrow night. Our friends are going so it should be fun. I hope there are spots left.

Deb- Yuck! Why would someone tell a patient that or be at work? Disgusting! I sure hope you don't get sick!
    Jane- I hope you can plant this weekend. I hope not because i've had what seems like a minor cold and DD just had the flu. Hers started very fast, she just coughed the night before and then the next morning full blown flu. But that is how everything hits her. She keeps teasing me that i'm going to get it. My host teacher just got the chills and next thing she knew she had the flu. It seems to be hitting hard and fast here.
    Lana- Glad you had fun with Teigan.
    FS- Hope DH is okay and it wasn't anything related to his original diagnosis. Thinking of you all.
    Tricia- Sounds like great Thursdays!
    Diedra- Thinking about LC1. Have fun shopping!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Partly cloudy and humid here - still going to be in the 80"s.

So DH was coughing and sneezing all night. I filled his prescription for him and he is relaxing. He did get the flu shot but that didn't help him two years ago. Nor did Tamiflu.
    Of course he didn't do the stuff he needed to while he was well and now I will do it and probably have to cancel our plans for Saturday. DS is arriving tomorrow so I'm just hoping that DH is functioning enough so that we can hang out with him.

I'll probably putter today - try and make the house look as good as it can.

Diedra - so sorry to hear about LC1. Thinking of her.
    FS - Hope DH is doing well and that the girls get better (you too). You've had one heck of a winter!
    Lana - glad you and Teigan had fun last night
    Tricia - that's kind of how I observe my sabbath too - I don't do anything that I don't want to do and just relax
    Jane - hope no one gets sicker!
    Jess - I'm sure that you'll look very glamorous at the ball!
    Katrina - how are things going with DS?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Just returning from accountant. Let's just say very pleasant news for our income.

Some man rang our door bell at 12:40 am with a shovel in his hand. Had been going around the neighborhood asking to shovel snow. (We got 2 inches). We did not answer the door. I posted on the neighborhood FB page that he was out and about someone said the shovel came from his yard. DH had a hard time going back to sleep. The light he leaves on in the kitchen is very bright so he decided that he will leave a different light on in the future.
    I need to check my To Do list and get that done today. We will be on a date tomorrow and doing some shopping for my mom. Heading to her house Saturday.
    Halimer, do what you can and stay away from DH so you don't get sick
    Jess, enjoy the ball, you deserve it.
    FS, prayers for DH and all the girls
    Tricia, sometimes I choose to many Sabbath days in a row. Try to get some action on here.
    Lana, one more day and it's a 3 day weekend. Yay!
    Diedra, DD lives near Mall of America, is that where you are headed? DH said it was very cold there.
    Jane, it's it the job of the title company to research for any liens placed on a house?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Just a quick note before I get a nap. Dgd met with a pediatric sports orthopedic doc this morning. She has a fracture on her spine - something new. She will be in a back brace and no gymnastics for 7 weeks. She will miss 3 competitions plus State, and that takes her out of Regionals too. She is devastated, but she is looking at the big picture and wants her back to be better for next season. She is trying to be brave.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Oh my! How heartbreaking this must be for her. Praying she can keep her focus on the big picture. Maybe she could take this time to create some new routines she would like to try. Some much fun just finding the music!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, certainly a lot of sickness and health issues hitting us all at the moment, hoping that we are all recovering quickly.
    It is a blah Friday here, the sun is out so I have washing on the line, have cleaned bathrooms and think I really should tackle to huge basket of ironing that is looking at me from the laundry room.
    Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Deb- So very sorry for DGD.

School was good today. The team teacher came over again for lunch today, I think she likes that i'm there and talking to both of us, hanging out. She is definitely older and wiser so I like her being in there too so I can hear her perspective. My host teacher is great but the other has her stuff more together I think.

I went to Drybar and got my hair done. I was very impressed and will go back. I chose lots of curls and am happy with it. Hoping it stays the entire night. She rolled them together before I left because of the wind so I'll have to piece them out before we leave the house. I am eating leftover chimichanga from last night and then will head up to start my makeup.

Later friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Shopping with DD went excellent. We just hung out in the dressing room while personal shopper ran around getting different sizes and cooler (as in not so thick and hot) clothes. DD spent over $300. Got some good buys and very cute items. We will both go again when the summer items arrive. This was easy for DD since she didn’t wear herself out walking around.

Thank you for all the prayers for LC1. Nothing new as of yet.

Twillow the cat just wandered into Dh’s room to get him. Twillow would walk a ways and wait until Dh came along. Took Dh right to the animal water fountain which was turned off. Twillow got his drink and wandered away. Was cute to watch.

Miss Jodie, We went to the mall in Maplewood instead of MOA. Too much walking for DD at MOA.
    Both malls are about 45 minutes from us. The high temp today was 1 degree. Wind chills tonight of minus 30 to 40F!

MrsSoup likes this.
  16. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening, Friends.

Oh my stars, Diedra. Sorry to hear about LC1. Definitely praying!

I had an appointment at the leasing office this a.m. at 11 a.m. I went back to sleep, and thought it was 9:45 when I woke up. Nope! It was 10:45!!! So, I hurriedly got dressed and brushed my teeth. I walked over there, because I knew I did not have enough time to clean off my car! Then, I came home. Ate something. Tried to get warm. Then I was trying to get into my banking stuff. No luck. Got my warm coat out. Gathered up my iPad and purse and off I go to my car. Took me a little time to clean off my car windows. Not a happy camper!

I had small deposits to make in my checking and savings acts. I had a teller help me reset password and user name. She had me try it before I left. Worked just fine. Came home. Tried it after here a while. Guess what? It did not work! I keep having this problem. Now, I am not going out tomorrow, because it will be bitter cold. I even rescheduled my doctor appt. because it was at 9:20! Now I cannot get in until March 17! Grrrr. Any hoo, I will be calling the bank in the a.m. to see what in the heck is going on. Not the first time, but sure hope it is the last time.

It got a lot colder this afternoon. Brrr! I hate this cold.
    I will be praying for all with sickness. It is no fun, I know.

Well, I am in bed. Just trying to get warm. And stay that way. Samuel has a 2 hour delay tomorrow a.m. Several more school systems will have it as well. But so far, not the city schools! I am sure that will change.

Watching Grease on t.v. I love this man vie. The music is great.

Hope you all have a great rest of the evening. Stay warm, safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Sophia and Spectra arrived safely. I took a northbound bus and met them so we could drive together into town and stop two places before grabbing some burgers to bring home. Couldn't get my Ibotta security code to come to my work phone so will have to go back on Saturday to get the candles I ordered at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Vic survived his six mile hike carrying a 50-pound pack. I'm glad he has four days off to recover!

We're off to Ikea tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Ahorsesoul likes this.