Thankful Thursday 10/11/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Oct 11, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

Any Florida panhandle members? Hope you're safe.

Lovely lunch with my friend Ginny yesterday. So hard to say goodbye to her. She's going to be a grandmother shortly so I'm glad we have Facebook so she can share all the photos.

The septic installer received the transit permission from our neighbors - I think I mentioned here that we were waiting for their written ok to cross their property line - and the call to start has been placed so the countdown begins. The physical work won't actually start until sometime in November but we're on the schedule and that' the closest we've been so far. I will be SO glad when this is all over.

Running to get a few groceries today, a bit of banking, a few chores, and some Project Life. I only have a few weeks left of catch-up and then my plan is to keep on top of it every week. There will obviously be a slight break during our road trip but I'll have plenty of photos to work with when I get settled.

Where will the skeleton be today, Jess?

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

I am ready to dive into this so called master bedroom!!! Would be so nice to have it DONE once and for all! Teigan has the ipad on the bed and said gma you clean and I will stay in here and talk.

Only going to be 59 today!

My nephew in Texas had flooding. They got 11" in 24 hours. I guess with all the rock water just takes over.

Pam, FB is good for alot of things but other things the media world makes a mess of things.

I better get moving!

Have a GREAT day!

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

We had our first dusting of snow this morning. Just a little on the roof and the grill cover. Nothing on the ground. Todays temps should be in the high 30sF/-1C and cloudy.

DD is awake but watching a movie. She isn't dressed or eaten her breakfast. LC22 said she gets off work early today so will be her about 3. I'm taking her to the airport tomorrow morning. She is flying out to Texas to see her sister who is in the Air Force. Should be nice for her sister who is a little homesick. LC1 has not been feeling well this week so hasn't worked. Maybe tomorrow if she's better.

Yesterday I put up the trim around the sliding glass doors. It looks really nice but I'm going to change out one of the boards across the top. It's a 6 inch board and I want it a little shorter. I'll do that next spring when it's warmer. Other wise I have to bring the boards into the house to dry and it's not worth the trouble. Unless I set up a drying area in the crawl space. Which is feasible but that thought doesn't make my back happy.

Hope all is well with people in the path of the storms.

5. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I slept a little longer to day but have the energy to get at it! The bin DH brought in to day is the one full of pictures in frames. I planning to remove them from the frame and put in an album. I will then donate the frames. Ideas full of grandeur go through my head but I know 1 there are to many, 2 I will not do it. Since I am try to simplify life and own less it is not a priority to keep them. If I need a frame I will go to the thrift store or garage sale.

Dgd(7) is selling magazines for Girl Scouts. She asked me last night if I would buy one. I had her look up the price of Family Circle and then the price of Family Fun. I told her I wanted to order Family Fun and would she please have it sent to the Hoffman Girls. The smile on her face was so precious, She then looked at me (facetime) and said I don't think I can do that, I told her Mom would know how to do it.

Dgd(2) I discovered has to wear the same tutu and ballet slippers every day. She will ask for the Nutcracker suite to be played and will dance for 45 mins. She is pretty funny to watch because her sisters have taught her dance moves.

Well the kitchen is getting done better go.---

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Allen went to get pizza, chip and dip for dinner.

Teig p keeps giving me hugs for energy to clean---she is so funny!

Told her after school we will do cookies for her mom to take to work tomorrow. Teig p said she can't share with the kids but I said with other teachers/aides.

7. PamelaG

I used to love Family Fun magazine - so many great ideas.

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon went to burger king for breakfast with my grandson we went to walmart and then i got gas. fixing tacos for lunch he s here with me for the day. i hope the weather will be ok for everyone calling for lots of rain here maybe a bad storm

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have a slight headache this morning so will take a Tylenol. My neck is still acting up, even after the chiropractor. It felt great immediately after my appointment on Monday and then I did the HIIT workout on Tuesday morning and now it feels a bit off again. Ugh! I don't go back for a month at this point so I hope it goes back into place on its own. I would really like to keep to the monthly appointments.

I'm meeting my new friend to run this morning at our usual time. I'll eat breakfast shortly and then start working on contacts in the FRG email until time to get ready to go. When I get back i'll work on some homework maybe. I might take the kids to the pool today, depends on the weather as it looks like rain. Will have to wait and see. DD wants to go waste her money on a skeleton today at Walmart.

There was a 5 year old girl hit and killed by a garbage truck yesterday afternoon in a housing area down south on the island. Apparently the garbage truck was backing out and the little girl came out of a driveway and rode her bike right towards the truck. Of course the driver couldn't see her. I'm sure he's devastated just like the family of the girl. It's supposed to be our trash day today but it's postponed, i'm assuming due to the accident. People let their little children run amuck all over the place with no supervision, maybe that will change now and they will be held accountable when these little kids are out without an adult. Sad that it takes something like this to open eyes, but I hope that this accident will open the eyes of the higher ups and something will be done about the lack of supervision now. People complain about it all the time. It's bad in our neighborhood as well. I've almost hit children on several occasions because they dart into the road without a care in the world, not a parent in sight. They will purposely ride or walk in the middle of the road too. Off my soapbox now.

Pamela- Robin is in Florida but not in the panhandle I don't believe. Glad the work can now be started!! I'm not sure where the skeleton is, I haven't looked yet. I wonder if he even moved it anywhere? I will update!
    Lana- Haha, love that Teigan!
    Diedra- I hope LC1 feels better and LC22 has a nice trip. A tiny bit jealous of your dusting of snow.
    Jody- You reminded me that I have a stack of frames sitting in a chair in the corner that I need to do something with. haha
    Faye- Sounds like a great day with your grandson!

Enjoy your day!

10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Intermittent heavy rain today.

Got my pedicure today and walked through the heaviest rain so far to do it. Changed clothes and DH got bagels for lunch..

Made another bag of yarn last night and a bag of garbage. Have to arrange for a Vietnam Vets pickup for next week.

Diedra - snow already? I thought it was just our Canadian friends
    Lana - Teigan helping you clean is adorable
    Faye - enjoy the day with DGS
    Jess - glad there is such an interest in the FRG program. You do so well organizing it all
    Pamela - you must be almost finished packing the house up
    Jody - decluttering is hard work - both mental and physical

11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon, my friends.

I just got back from lunch with Jennifer and Samuel. He loved his b/d present of the golf stuff. He decided he wanted Chinese. We went to Panda Express. Not one of my faves. Brought half of it home. I forget where we were going to go. And they put my sheets on my bed. That was so nice!

It is a BEAUTIFUL day today. Nice to wear fallish clothes.

Lindsay came home, packed a bag, left again. She had a drug problem a few years ago. But not when she was pregnant. My worst dream came true. Steve said she is back on meth. God help her! My heart is still breaking. Please pray that she will get clean and come back to her precious baby boy!

12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Pam prayers for all!

Shorts yesterday and pants and jacket today outside. Love fall!

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Friday here and I am working an extra today. I don't mind and because it is Friday it should be an early day. I am hoping to be home by 6 and perhaps DS and I will go on a date.
    Was up at 4am because my little dog was having either a nightmare or some sort of pain. Took about 10 minutes to settle her.

DD's BF and his family arrived home safely yesterday. We had a bit of extra time before getting them so DD and I popped into IKEA, we had breakfast and looked at their Christmas section. I got a few interesting fancy envelopes to wrap some presents in. Their Christmas selection is very nice but I had to remember that I have much wrapping paper and ribbon here that must be used up first.
    It was very good to see DD's BF and am hoping to catch up soon and hear all about his adventures.

Pam...so sorry to hear about Lindsay,

Better get ready,

14. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Good afternoon all!!

It has been a week since I logged in here. Life has been crazy. Hubby made a quick trip to see his grandmother and Kiddo has been keeping me hopping with his work schedule.

Today I am working on my in laws anniversary party for next summer. There are so many details that my head is swimming. We are doing a family reunion as well as a fancy party. I am trying to create memory boards and a scrapbook.... trying to contact everyone for a picture to contribute is taking a lot of time. Plus I am doing it secretly.

I am trying to stay on top of things as Kiddo is also graduating next spring. Got that stuff to plan as well. Luckily he doesn't want a party but I think we will send out the announcements.

I am staying up to date with getting ready for the holidays.

I don't know how I am doing it. Its a miracle!!!

15. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Pam...sorry to hear about Lindsey. Praying!

Thank goodness it's Thursday. Another day down and one more to go. Watching Grey's Anatomy now. I did laundry, made dinner and did some other odds and ends.

My new Fitbit arrived yesterday. It was a birthday gift from J. I really like it. I can even read my texts on it. So nice for school. I'd like to order a new band for it that is a bit dressier.

Temps here are dropping. Looks like snow flurries on Saturday morning. It was 80 earlier this week. Unbelievable!

Have a blessed evening!

16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Pam - thinking of Lindsay.

Couldn't get back on here yesterday... no internet, no phone, seems to be ok now. they were to send someone on saturday but guess they fixed it at distance.

errands tonight after work, got quotes for bath, shower, toilet, etc.... had poutine for supper.

Night

17. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

My run was nice this morning, even though a bit slower than i'm used to. I came home and just as I was getting into the neighborhood my friend called. I haven't really spoken to her in several days. All of her family is in the panhandle of Florida in Panama City. I have texted her to see if they were okay and ask for updates but that's it. Her and her husband are debating flying back. Not sure what good that will do, if not just add to the problems by adding extra bodies that don't need to be there. It will all depend on whether or not his unit will give him emergency leave. No one was injured or killed in their families so they can't base the emergency leave on that. If they go, they may leave the older two with us. I'm just waiting to hear what they decide.

I haven't done much today really, no schoolwork. I took DS to get his haircut. It's pouring rain now so I guess it's a good thing we didn't go to the pool. I have watched some recorded shows. I'm about to start doing the FRG email addresses.

18. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. We've been busy. I've been reading at night before going to bed, but just too tired to post.

DH's school had a fall carnival tonight and I helped with a vendor booth. I made 3 cakes last night after church for the cake walk...fresh apple, strawberry with homemade strawberry icing, and homemade carrot caked with homemade cream cheese frosting.

Tomorrow is the last day of homecoming week. I won't have my most challenging class tomorrow due to the pep rally. :DThe next two weeks will be four day weeks because of fall break, and I have a meeting to attend on Tuesday, so next week will only be 3 days.

DD24, DSIL, and DD21 should all be here to spend the night tomorrow night. Just the second or third time DD21 has been home from college this quarter. We'll plan her graduation celebration menu while she's here. DD24 and DSIL are coming to visit some friends Friday night, will spend the night here, and go see DGS#2 play in his football game Saturday morning. They'll go home afterwards. I had hoped to go to a flea market yard sale Saturday, but I'll have to wait until the spring sale to go. DGS#1 has two baseball games on Saturday about 2 hours away, but we won't be making those this time.

We have homecoming and Harvest Day at church Sunday. I still haven't decided what I'm going to take. I know I'll make broccoli salad.

Pam, sorry to hear about DG. Meth is of the devil, for sure. One of the most highly addictive drugs out there.

Thinking of you all. Praying you rest well. Night, everyone.