Thankful Thursday 5.10.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, May 10, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning! What are you thankful for today?

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I am thankful for a healthy family.

Stopping in to say hello before heading to school. I need to bind 22 mother's day booklets together this morning before the kiddos arrive. :eek: I am not sure what I was thinking! lol

Woke up to a nearby lighting strike....shook the whole house! Then it stormed for about 20 minutes. Looks like rain all day. After school, I will be making the popcorn cupcakes. Fun!

Have a wonderful day! :)

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning. I am thankful being near the end of school.

DGSs have ballgames tonight. DGS#2 has two games - 5:30 and 7:00. DGS#1 has one at 8:00, so a long night at the ball park. We'll just eat a hamburger there. They're so good!

I've been lazy this morning. Dirty dishes are piled in the kitchen from last night, but they'll just wait for me. :D I'll probably throw most of them in the dishwasher before I leave this morning.

I have my last observation of the year tomorrow. It's a cooking lab.

Lisa, the things we get ourselves into for our students!
    Jodee, I went to school Sunday night after church to do the same thing. Just needed to have things exactly in place when I walked in Monday.

Have a great day, everyone!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Air conditioning, I am thankful for air conditioning! It's going to be 85 today. I'm off to my shift at the gift shop, will stop back by later.

I used to love the Mother's Day program and the little gifts they made at Sophia's preschool. I think I'll pull out her preschool albums and have a wander down memory lane when I get home. Just saw a Facebook post for a Christmas in July scrapbook event - thinking about gathering some supplies together and doing a back-dated December Daily for 2016 and/or 2015.

5. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am thankful for contentment. I have prayed for this many times.

Today I am going to head to work for a couple of hours to send some documents and make some phone calls. Praying I don't get voice mail.

Once I get home, I will do something, not sure what.

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! The weather report keeps changing and now it looks like there will be storms later in the day. Weekend is uncertain.

After a day of non-stop work yesterday (except for watching Designated Survivor) DH and I will be heading off camping for the weekend. It's about 2 hours from here- Montauk - the end - the tip of Long Island. No rush and Buffy is at the dog spa for the weekend. She will arrive home freshly bathed.

I am thankful for my family - DH, DS, DDIL and Buffy enclose me in a loving embrace whenever I am with them.

Lucie - that was good advice - do nothing until cw does the work too
    Jody - may your contentment continue
    Jane - that's a lot of baseball!
    Pamela - air conditioning has made the south what it is today
    Lisa - wishing Miss M a wonderful birthday party - family is the best!
    Jess - good luck on the test and getting things figured out at the DMV

Signing off until next week!

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

I am thankful for my daughter's ordination last night. She is now Rev. Jennifer E. C..... I am very proud of her. She is very smart, but she worked very hard to get her studies done. There was a large entourage of cheerleaders for her at the service last night. I am thankful for friends who took me. I am thankful that Jay took a vacation day to come for his twin's special service. I am one proud mama.

Today, tho, I am so tired. I don't want to do anything. I slept very well for a change. It felt good. While I was gone last night, MJ accidentally locked herself out of her house. I don't have a key yet, and even tho she called me, I would not be there to help her. We are going to have keys made. Hopefully today.

Hope you are all having a great day. Stay safe out there.

teachermomof2 and luludou like this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I am thankful for all of you!

I enjoyed my "training" last night! I will start next week officially. I got my badge last night and met the two merchandisers and the people whose jobs us three girls are taking. We'll go in on Monday to work with them because they are going on vacation and then we officially begin on Tuesday the 15th. The merchandisers will come in and work with us the first night to make sure we know what to do and then we're on our own, not really because there is always someone around to ask questions of. I'm hoping i'll catch on quickly, I think I will. I plan on going in between now and then and finding my items again and maybe even taking pictures of them on the shelf and where they are. I'm excited!

This morning is my final, scheduled for 0930. I just want it over with. It's 50 questions and I think I have 90 minutes. I read both, 90 minutes and 2 hours, so i'm not sure which it is. I wish it were 2 hours, kinda feel like it should be since it's double the questions and I usually get an hour. We'll see I guess. It is open book and i'm hoping there will be some questions I can just answer without having to look up the answer. I believe I can have one piece of paper with stuff on it, so i'm going to try to go through my previous tests and write down questions/answers that aren't easily found in the textbook. Hoping I have time to do so before the test. Argh!

Then I don't have anything the rest of the day except getting in a darn workout! This week has been so crazy I haven't been able to do anything. I also need to go buy all the veggies. haha So my goal is to get to Times Supermarket today. I also need to download the DMV study materials. It will help me and DS out. I take him to the DMV next week.

Lisa- Wow! That's something to wake up to. Definitely need to see pictures of the cupcakes!
    Jane- Good luck to the grandsons on their games!
    Pamela- Yes, the preschool years were so cute, weren't they? Now they don't really do anything at school. Well, Eli may come home with something still in 3rd grade. We'll see I guess.
    Jody- Have a great day!
    Debbie- Enjoy camping! I miss our camper!
    Pam- Congrats to your DD! Sorry for MJ!

Enjoy your day!

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I'm thankful I have all those class opportunities at my work place :) Had painting at lunch...was to be finished but I feel Something is missing so will wait and work on it a little more. The bird is nice but the leaves I have to work on.

Pam - congrats to your reverend-daughter

Of course secretary is not here today... after all she did come in 2 days in a row this week ;) today I am doing MY work and have notified others of what is going on. From now on I will help after she helps herself.

'Later

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

i am thankful for my family.
    went to the library to get some books on flowers-gardening see some new ideas. got a book on how to celebrate and decorate every occasion. have a good evening

11. MrsSoup

Good for you Lucie!!!

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    I am thankful that you are all a daily part of my life.

Off to work today, this week has gone quicker than last week so I am also thankful for that.
    Dinner tonight will be at the mall, I am going on a 'date' with DS. Will do a bit of shopping, he needs some slippers.
    DH is still away and should be home around 8 or so tonight, DD has a date.

I hope that you are all well rested....
    Much love

13. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I took my final. I got a 72%. :( I thought I was doing so well. I answered over half the questions without needing to look anything up and I was confident with my answers. I skipped the ones I didn't know and went back to them and looked things up. There were definitely some that I wasn't confident with even after researching the answers. But I didn't think I did that poorly. Anyway, I finished up the class with a 79%, just shy of a B. Now I have to hit my Intro to Communications class hot and heavy. I did get two hours for the test and completed it in less than one. Guess I should have taken more time.

DH and I went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday. I had two plates of salad and then ordered their strawberry shortcake dessert. :p It was delicious and I don't feel guilty at all. Veggies first! I also had a big ol' glass of water. We took the bike, beautiful day to ride. On the way back to post the Peds Ortho office called and they had an appointment for tomorrow morning for DD. I'm supposed to be helping my DoTerra upline with a table at the USO's Military Spouse appreciation event tomorrow morning. I just got off the phone with her and i'll go help for as long as I can and then leave to take DD. I'm curious as to what the Ortho thinks. She'll go back to school afterward because she has band after school.

I think i'll run to the store later and pick up some printable business cards to make up tonight so I can have them on the table tomorrow. My DoTerra lady thinks I should put DoTerra and BeachBody on them because they can compliment each other. Not sure how to incorporate both but i'll play with it.