Thankful Thursday 5/17/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, May 17, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I am thankful to see Lana posting - we have missed you! It's a three post day over on my blog - reveals for both of the recent swaps - the Nail Polish Swap and the 12th Annual Tea Cup & Mug Exchange - plus a Happy Birthday in Heaven to my Mum, I can't believe she's been gone 15 years. I wish I had a better picture of the two of us but the one I featured was such a fun day, it always make me smile. My sister was living in San Francisco, my parents came over from England, and I drove down from northern California. We walked across the Golden Gate Bridge and by doing that, my Dad was then able to say he had walked across the bridge, driven across it, sailed under it, and flown over it. How neat is that!

Off to volunteer at the gift shop today. It's going to be an easy dinner night - the Greek Festival is in full swing in town and they have a drive-thru! Gyros, Greek Salad, and Baklava for two, please!

I started working on my ornaments for the CIJ swap last night - SO much easier than the yo yo idea - and I think they are going to be pretty cute.

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

DD went to the doctor yesterday for her knee. Nothing noted on the X-ray but some arthritis (worse in the knee not bothering her). So she will be going to PT for exercises. Today she has an other appointment. This is just a check up with her neurologist. Our weather has been in the 80s with lows in the 50s. Really warm for us. Yesterday our porch was 88F. Way to hot for me. lol

Tomorrow Boots has an appointment with the groomers. Dh's dentist appointment went well. They have a meeting set up to discuss a treatment plan that may involve pulling 2 of his 5 teeth he has left and doing two implant if he has strong enough jaw bone tissue. I'm sure we are talking about several thousands of dollars. He needs a new top denture and then a new bridge for the bottom.

LC1 is now walking Boots in the morning. Boots comes home exhausted. I finished planting the plants I have picked up for the planters. Now I need to get DD to do some seed planting. Grass for her cat, some of this extra long green beans that she asked for and her kale that she loves. I have some sunflowers to plant along one side of our fence. Dh pulled all the weeds yesterday for me. I might try to get Dh to do the Sam's club shopping for me today.

Wishing all a good day. Do something special for yourself today.

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Ran Teigan to school and now home to work for a couple hours. Texted Gpa Greg and told him we'd be in Hoyleton at dinner so asked if he wanted to meet. Would like to go get flowers for the flower pots and need to run to Dollar General but can do both on Saturday if I don't get there. Plenty to do here.

Also need to go other direction and get some yellow paint for the front door. I painted a flower pot and small table yellow and sat it around against the blue siding and I THINK I like it. Just a pop of color. Trim is all white and I have the shutters picked out. Am going to go with the board and batten with the 3 boards across. I really like the ones with a slant like a barn door but not easily found here. Need to look on line.

Boots is getting her exercise! Hope Vanessas appt goes well.

Pam, you are busy! Neat about your dad. Time sure passes doesn't it!

Pammie, hope you are feeling better.

Take care all and have a GREAT day!

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. home for a little while then go back for a meeting. rain off and on today want something good for dinner dont know what yet. have a good day

6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I have 4 flats of flowers that need planting and the ground is not ready. So today I will be out digging. DH and I are so different when it comes to preparing for planting. He will rake the dirt but leave the weeds in the dirt where I will pull weeds. Today will be a combination of both methods. The neighbor gave me a flat of lily of the valley from her garden which adds to more digging and planting.

Did my workout. It was a challenged but able to do it. I still have not heard anything about the CT scan. Will call this afternoon.

Lana nice to see things are working again.
    Pamela beautiful teacups from your swap.
    Diedra DH is doing PT for his arthritic shoulder.
    HW2 how about pasta salad?

Must get outside. Have a great day.

housewife2 likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I had my MRI last night and then went straight to work. I got a late start but hardly anything came in so it was okay. I got home around 10:40. It's different working by myself and not having someone that talks all the time, saves time as well. I just hope I didn't miss anything. They said it's not a big deal if you do because it will still be there the next night because nobody is going to stock your stuff. But I don't want to miss anything.

The part we ordered came in for the car yesterday but it ended up not being the only thing wrong. They had told DH that they carried the other part but when he called back to make sure before driving over there yesterday, they said they had to order it and it would take 7-10 days to get here. So, we are still with only one car. :( Our friends arrive on Tuesday and we were going to take both cars to the airport to get them, but now i'm just going to have to go in the truck. DD is upset because she can't come with now, there's not enough room for her and all of them. If her foot wasn't broken Chad could bring her down on the bike.

Eli has a cultural party in his class today that completely crept up on me and we are supposed to bring food from our ancestry country. Since I didn't know mine we went with one from DH's family, which is Finland. We wrote down pasties. I had planned on making authentic pasties, but then I got this job and I apparently didn't write down the date of this event. We are going to improvise and use pie crust and put in a filling of Eli's choice instead of the traditional which the kids most likely wouldn't eat anyway. We'll do eggs, bacon and cheese. Easy peasy, I hope. A trip to the Commissary is in order when DH gets back with the truck.

I really have to get my life together. This working mom thing is rough and I work at night. I'm just so tired during the day now. I miss being able to tuck the kids in so i'm going to have to figure this out and go in later maybe, but that means i'll be there later. Hmmm, the dilemma. My body just has to get used to the later nights and still early mornings. Once school is out i'll be able to sleep in though because no school wake up. It's only been 3 days. I really do enjoy this job.

Pamela- That's neat about your dad!
    Diedra- Sorry to hear about DD's knee! They are the worst.
    Lana- Would love to see a picture of the table against the house. I bet it looks great!
    HW2- Let us know what you decide for dinner!
    Jody- Hope you get your results! I'm jealous of all your flowers! I haven't grown anything yet since we've lived here, which just seems wrong since we have a year round growing season.

Enjoy your day!

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

since i had to go back for a meeting i brought home dinner from cb turkey and dressing canied yams and green beans

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Friday here, phew the week went by quickly.
    Work for me today, I really enjoyed having yesterday off, did some washing and a little bit of tidying up. Luckily the house seems to be ok because I keep it up on a regular basis. It is all the extra things like dusting the furniture and the like that is been put aside for the moment.
    2 more long weeks at least and one of those weeks has a holiday Monday in it so the end is in sight. The extra money is certainly nice, I transferred the money I will need to attend next years Nationals aside already so nice to get that out of the way.

Better get ready for work, see you later,

10. MrsSoup

Oh how I miss Cracker Barrel! I love their dumplings, green beans, fried okra, and hashbrown casserole! I usually get the veggie plate and order those things. :(

housewife2 likes this.
  11. MrsSoup

DH and I went to the Commissary and came home and unloaded. Then we went right back out to the Thrift Store so I could pick up an application for the board next year. We went to the PX afterwards so he could inquire at UPS about their ability to notarize his paperwork for the job he's applying for as an instructor for the motorcycle course at the college. Then I got Starbucks and a pair of flip-flops (slippahs) and a pair of sandals because my flops broke and the dogs ate my sandals. We came home and DH filled out his paperwork and then left to get it notarized. I started cooking scrambled eggs and bacon for the "pasty" for Eli's class. I screwed up and made them long, per DH's suggestion when he came back. I made two big ones instead of several small ones, so i'm not sure how i'm going to cut them up into small pieces without making a huge mess. Not sure I have enough toothpicks either to stick in them. Ugh! I really wish I had written this thing on my calendar so I could have been more prepared and made the traditional ones. I could have made them ahead of time and frozen them.

I got an email from my boss last night that I just saw this morning asking how I was doing so far. Then I got another email from her that she forwarded from the Commissary manager. Apparently some bigwig is coming tomorrow so we're supposed to be extra diligent tonight in making sure our shelves are stocked and neat. Hopefully we get a good shipment today then because I can't stock what I don't have and I didn't get hardly anything last night.

Later friends!