Thankful Thursday, August 2nd, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Aug 2, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

Volunteer shift at the gift shop this morning, then a quick trip to the commissary. Cat food is out, if mommy cat hasn't eaten it in the next 30 minutes, I'll pick it up and put it back out when I get home. I need to make sure she is the one eating it. She and the kitten were romping on the porch yesterday about noon, so cute.

Vic's finished his inspection so he'll be home tonight instead of tomorrow night.

3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Another shift at work today I go in at 3:30.

We did our wrap up meeting for Gospel Fest and the Commissioner was very complimentary of how it all went. Liked the way it was scheduled most of the set up Just a few tweaks for next year. She did get after the committee for not being more visible during the event "you'll need to be outside and you'll were inside. She also commented about my being all over the place.I was glad she was happy with what I did and she recognized the hard work that went into it.

There were volunteer thank you notes that needed to be written and they tried to put it pack on my plate and I wouldn't let them. Told them that I did not know them and it should come from the person that invited them to volunteer and that I had already written 15. Someone suggested email and I said no, it is more personal if it is handwritten and mailed. They wrote them.

What the commissioner doesn't know is that I am retiring. Shhhh, don't tell. lol

Have a good day my dear MHH friends.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It poured last night but the sun is shinning today and them temperatures are mild.

Went out for lunch with the crew - DH, BIL, SIL, MIL and DNephew to an Italian restaurant. Had the leftovers for dinner;). Then to Christmas Tree Shop and a few other odds and ends before we got back.

Not sure what is on the agenda for today

Jane - I second the motion to try a chiropractor - I've had good results with them
    Jess - do you take the classes simultaneously or one at a time?
    Jody - congrats on a great job at Gospel Fest - and on being recognized for your hard work
    Pamela - do you and Vic have any plans for his "at home" time?
    Katrina - how are things going with Drilldance?

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

It crossed my mind that the lady might be calling everyone to say she had the job just so no one would apply.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Pamela- I bet the cat and kitten are super cute.
    Jody- Good for you for standing up to them and congrats on having retirement in sight!
    Debbie- One class at a time is recommended, at least for the first term while you get used to everything, but I have access to all 3 of my classes. I will probably do one at a time for the duration.
    Diedra- That's the same thing I posted yesterday. Great minds think alike.

I stayed in bed about 20 minutes later than usual this morning. If i'm walking by myself then i'll go whenever I want to. I don't have anything going on this morning so i'm in no real rush. I'm going to finish this cup of coffee and then i'll go. I'll most likely just do two laps around the neighborhood again. Something in my lower left abdomen is hurting something awful. Started yesterday and hasn't let up. I took a hot bubble bath last night and it didn't help. Not sure if it's a cyst or i'm backed up or what. For a few days before this I was achy in my lower right back so was thinking kidney, but now i'm wondering if it's all connected. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so i'll write all this down and ask. I was freezing last night but too lazy to get up and take my temperature.

I need to run and pick up the last bit of Eli's supplies today. He still needs kleenex and paper towels and I need to see if I can find two red pens here at the house. Then I need to label all of his supplies. He has Meet and Greet tonight and we'll take his supplies with us. I want to get the house cleaned today before DH comes home tomorrow. It's not too bad but a few areas need hit. I also need to run to the Commissary and finish up this chapter and notes.

Enjoy your day!

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. i stopped at christmas tree shop when i got off today. its very close to my job. i got a new fall tablecloth a fall flag with the trees all colors on it and showing thr mountains. also picked up a pocker calendar. its very hot and humid calling for rain and maybe a thunderstorm this evening. enjoy the rest of the dat

8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I wanna go to a Christmas shop! At lunch. Allen brought me a taco salad. Tonight we might run to Mt Vernon will see. He went to see Aunt Imogene and do a few other things.

Jay and friend and girls are at the zoo.

Dollar General had some cute cards this a.m.. Here they redid the card section and is nice. Got Teigan a pair of shoes for $2.50. Pink sandals.

Guess I better get tea refilled and use potty time to be heading back.

9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon friends!

I haven't been here in awhile. We were in Hershey for M's competition for Nationals the last few days. Her teams had all platinum scores in their dances and placed first overall highest score in the Teen Recreational Division for their tap routine. The tap routine was also chosen for the finals....one of 8 teams chosen. It was a very successful competition. We did make it to Hershey's Chocolate World in between performances, as well as to the outlets and John got to visit Troeg's brewery, too.

Today is a recovery day for 3 of us, J had to go back to work. I washed our swimsuits and clothes from the trip. Picked up some things around the house, balanced the checkbook and did a few other odds and ends. I'm looking forward to eating a home cooked meal tonight.

I need to catch up with you all and get into the swing of things at home.

peace and blessings~

PamelaG likes this.
  10. PamelaG

Picked up the cat food when I left at 9:00am and just put it back out again. No sign of either of them yet. Busy morning at the gift shop to start, UPS mega-delivery and then customers one after the other. I bought an ornament that is so cute - it's a wooden disc with a compass rose on one side and the latitude and longitude for our town on the other. It's going on my Navy/nautical tree because I must be getting close to having enough ornaments in that theme for a whole tree. Ran to the commissary, came home and whipped up a Boboli crust pizza for a late lunch. I've got the mattress pad in the dryer and sheets in the washer. Just received the second alert from the airline that Vic's connection is delayed. He's now running almost two hours late to get home. Ugh.

A lovely surprise, however, was waiting for me in the mail. My friend Jodie always does something special for me for Christmas in July and she sent a package with a book 12 Days at Bleakly Manor from the Once Upon a Dickens Christmas series, a Harry and Meghan Royal Wedding tea towel, and a beautiful card along with a newsy letter. She's amazing. We have been friends since 2006 when we met in our local military Christian homeschool group. Jodie introduced me to Longaberger and our girls shared a love of American Girl which kept them amused while Jodie and I scrapbooked. I wish we lived closer.

Time to wrap up a few chores - the inventory is on hold while I wait for Vic to drag down a couple of heavy totes from the loft in the garage and give them a good scrub. I have a lot of Tupperware that can be stored in the totes once they are clean.

Jess - They certainly are cute - if I wasn't allergic to cats, I'd ask about fostering and taming them.
    Debbie - I'm afraid "at home" time is not going to be that long - he's off again next week - this month is the most grueling so far, gone four weeks out of the five.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Got a text this morning at 5.54 from CW to say that her son is unwell. so off to work for me today. I am glad that I had nothing planned but I still would rather be at home.
    The extra pay will go straight into my holiday account so always a silver lining. Tomorrow is the weekend so I can always catch up then.

Debbie...DrillDance is still a waiting game. the governing body are investigating my complaint and I am waiting for their reply.
    Lisa, Miss M's dance costume is very similar to one of my clubs DrillDance costumes. I will post photo later.

Love to all,

12. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon. It's quiet here. Dd & dsil are sleeping, the kiddoes are somewhere - maybe at a friend's, and dh is watching a movie. I've been going through mail (mostly junk) that I haven't dealt with for far too long and making a half-hearted attempt to clean the bedroom.

DH totally blew off my birthday this week - not even a "Happy Birthday." He redeemed himself the next day by having me buy myself a gift card from Joann. Next year I'm going shopping myself.

Lisa - DH & I used to lunch at Chocolate World when we lived in Hershey. Loved going there - I felt like a kid in candy shop.

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

DH is at my mom's and i'm so jealous. They are out on the lake. He video called me when he got there from the boat before they left the dock. He should be calling me again at some point.

I made a Commissary trip this morning and just got back from a Walmart run because the PX and Commissary have stopped carrying our brand of dog food. I may need to look into switching to something they do carry just for convenience sake. I'll have to price things first though.

I have worked on schoolwork and watched some episodes of OITNB. The kids are outside playing, except DS. I also got all of Eli's supplies labeled in anticipation of dropping them off this evening. I tweaked my back lifting the 52lb bag of dog food into my cart and then into the car at the store. I told DS he can get it out of the car. I was going to buy two bags but got a smaller bag instead for the second one. Apparently we are under a Hurricane Watch from what I hear, but I don't expect anything to come of it on our island, maybe some rain and wind. It's not supposed to get close to us until next week sometime I think.

I didn't get my walk in this morning because as soon as I stepped outside it started raining. It's been overcast and dreary all day. I won't go tomorrow morning either because I have an early morning appointment. I will go Saturday and Sunday, but that will still leave me short a day. Oh well.