Thankful Thursday, July 26th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Jul 26, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

That's another Rudolph Day in the bag and we're one month closer to Christmas. Off to volunteer at the gift shop this morning then to the dry cleaners and library. It will be a relatively quiet day after yesterday.

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

Up and will see what the day will bring!

As always cleaning needs to be done.

Have a GREAT day!

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

On Pams blog is a a picture of the CIJ swap ornaments if anybody would like to see them.

PamelaG likes this.
  5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Very nice ornaments from all the participants!

The sun is finally shining here in our neck of the woods. It's so nice to see it outside my window. I didn't make it here yesterday. My mom stopped up for a visit. Then I picked up M and ran to Walmart for a gc and a few other things, as it always go when you go to Walmart. ;) They finally had the last window panel I needed in stock for M's bedroom, so I got that too. Now that is complete! Then J brought home dinner and we went to see Annie at the playhouse with mil and dn.

Today is a housewarming party for a friend, pick up M, then home to do some chores and menu planning/shopping list for the shopping trip tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well and that you enjoyed your CIJ!

~peace and blessings~

6. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Good morning everyone! I have been MIA !!! So many times I have thought about you all and thought I need to get on here! I need my MHH family and then I guess I just got out of the habit of getting on. It is funny as when I am on here regular I will check it 2-3 times a day sometimes more.

So many things have happened since May when I was last on. For starters I RETIRED!!!
    My daughter-in-law with Stage 4 colon cancer had surgery two weeks ago. They removed a tumor from her ovaries that was 30 cm. Actually they ended up doing a total hysterectomy. She was home for two days and went back to the hospital for another 4 days due to complications. She has been home now for a week. They took her drain tube out yesterday. So hopefully she will be on the road to recovery then we will see what the next step is.

Two weeks ago my son had back surgery. They implanted a tense unit thingy. He has a remote control that he can adjust. He also has a battery pack installed in his hip.

I fulfilled my term as OHCE State President. I will be going to Iowa in September for the CWC (Country Women Council). I have been nominated to serve as Vice-Chairman. May not receive the position but that is ok too.

Next week I am having Grandma Camp. It will be fun and exciting. I will have 5 of them here.

Need to take some books to the library. Will be back later.

PamelaG likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Debbie- So nice to see you back! You've had a lot going on!

I'm getting ready to head out on my walk. The concert in the park last night was the jazz band and wasn't nearly as "fun" as the previous concert we attended two weeks ago. It was very mellow and relaxing but I was expecting something like the previous one I guess, in other words I wanted music with words. LOL They were good though. We left a bit early and headed home.

I'm still working on my orientation and hope to finish today. This next to last module is very long and i'm not sure how long the last one will be. I LOVE my hair! She did a great job. Today is my friend's youngest daughters birthday, she is 2. We may head to the pool down at Fort Shafter to celebrate, she's not doing a party until Sunday when her husband is back from the field. DH and I will go on a bike ride this morning since he put new brake pads on his bike last night.

Enjoy your day!

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon. just got my hair cut and colored . had my eyebrows waxed. sun is out no rain today. my cousind house was flooded lives near hershey park that was really bad. want to watch christmas with the kranks just feel like watching it tonite enjoy your evening

9. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I woke up ravenous...that "I-have-to-have-something-to-eat-right-now-or-I'm-going-to-be sick" ravenous. That's the way it's been since I was on that medicine...hardly eat anything Saturday through Wednesday and BAM! Complete hunger beyond expectation on Thursday. No more of that after this week! Now, to just control my eating and watch my carb intake. I've lost 10 pounds in four weeks. Didn't realize it until I weighed this morning.

DH and I worked in the yard after I ate this morning. He went out before me. Now, he isn't feeling too well. lol Can't keep both of us well long enough at the same time to accomplish anything! His niece and her husband have a house warming tonight 5-7 that we need to make an appearance at. Then, I'll need to go bake at the bakery.

I've been paying bills and need to work on the budget, but I'm about to head back out to do a little more in the yard. In the mood for it, which always makes it go faster for me.

HW2, it must be the week for hair cuts and colors. Sorry about your cousin's house. So many people affected. Christmas with the Kranks is always good for a laugh.
    Jess, enjoy the pool today.
    Lana, hope you get a lot done today.
    Lisa, glad you found the other panel. It seems whatever I need one more of, they suddenly stop stocking it and never get it again. Happened with some peel and stick tiles I got from Fred's...a whole room and needed one.more.box!
    Pamela, don't buy too much at the shop today.
    Debbie, great to see you back! I saw on your FB page that you had retired, and I've been wondering how things were going with your DDIL. Congratulations on the prospect of the new position!

Hope the remainder of your day is great!

10. PamelaG

;) I was good today - no purchases. I did take delivery of nine boxes from UPS for the shop, I think Christmas is coming and that is going to be a very dangerous time!! Our buyers are amazing, I don't know how they find such cute stuff.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    sunny and bright here and it is reminding me of Spring. I have to contain myself as there are many more weeks of Winter to come and August is often the coldest month. This warmer weather makes me itch to get out and do things.
    Not a lot on the list today, I really must get some folding done before the laundry is swamped by clothes.
    Floors need washing too.
    DD says she might come over after work so that will be nice.

Saw the CIJ ornaments on Pamela's blog. Beautiful work done by you all.

12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

Spent the afternoon at the pool. It is much nicer that the community pool up here, too bad it's 30 minutes away. However, we will definitely go back. DH, DD and I took a bike ride to get DH a soda. Eli was over at a friends house for a bit. Now i'm going to finish up my orientation while DH is cooking steaks for dinner.

I cleaned up the house some earlier while waiting for my friend and her kids to be ready to go. There is still more that could be done though. Eli needs to do his laundry. I still need to get more things ready for the yard sale on Saturday.

13. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

I loved school online. I finished my BSN a few years ago that way. Nothing better than "going to school" in your pj's!! I am sure you will do just fine!!
    Nothing exciting here just laundry and waiting until next week for the red haven peaches to be ripe. Hopefully the crazy storms don't damage the crops.
    Be safe everyone.