Thanksgiving 2015 - Chat and Prep (All Plans)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
It will just be the 5 of us this year so I found a recipe for turkey breast and stuffing in the crock pot. Plus DH was recently diagnosed with diabeties so our choices have changed. I will be doing deviled eggs, a broccoli and cheese side dish and something new called green bean bundles. It's fresh beans wrapped in bacon. We will see..... I am off to shop this morning

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
As i have family,close friends in it's always big here plus i'm a baker and i make holiday candies and confections so theres always some sort of goodies to eat,my thanksgiving is: Turkey stuffing mashed potatoes & sweet potatos gravy cranberry sauce homemade biscuits peas & beans deviled eggs pickles broccoli with cheese Desserts are: Homemade pies-Pumpkin,Chocolate Cream,Apple,Sweet Potato. Cakes homemade-Pumpkin-Cider,Apple Spice,Pumpkin Nut,as well as platters of cookies,there's something for everyone.:)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Mmmmm...angelpugs you are making my hungry!!! lol

I'm going to mix it up this year and in addition to taking cheesecake and rolls to Thanksgiving dinner I'm going to try making Butternut Apple Potato Gratin.

If it turns out great - great! If not, we'll have plenty else to eat!

And last year I showed up with a cheeseball and that was a nice thing since we were asked to come early to visit more before eating and we all snacked around the small table in the kitchen. I was thinking of bringing a small crock of artichoke dip this year.

Which reminds me I need to send an email to the cousins to see what the plan is this year! We usually gather at Great Aunt Linda's house and they are building a MIL suite for her and the hope was to have her moved in about now. So not sure where we'll be!

I have also been thinking more about our personal tradition of having a small version of Thanksgiving dinner later in the holiday weekend - I really have the house torn apart during that time frame to decorate for Christmas - I'm wavering on still doing it. And at the same time I'm thinking we should invite some friends over to share. Must ponder this some more!!!