The Decorations Are Out!

Discussion in 'Halloween Countdown' started by happy2bme, Aug 20, 2016.

1. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

I was in my favorite dollar store today and the summer stuff was being condensed and they were putting out Halloween decorations! :)

I would have done a happy dance, but there were too many people in the aisle. :D

Has anyone else seen Halloween decorations yet?

2. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

NO! Im off to have a tantrum in the corner! I want it NOW!

Halloween is not big here but it's getting bigger every year.
    Not a hope for us as yet. We have Father's Day to get through first- 1st Sunday in September. Stores will then do promos for spring cleaning and outdoor stuff before Halloween arrives. Christmas will start just before Halloween is finished with most things being out when they pull the Halloween stuff down.

3. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

LOL I haven't seen any signs of Halloween here. Maybe next week as school starts for some counties tomorrow. That's when they usually start clearing the shelves of school supplies.

I need to go to Michaels or AC Moore Wednesday to get some fall garland.

4. Sugarplum

Sugarplum Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about fall and Halloween lately. I even pulled out some Halloween decoration ideas yesterday. I need to check out the dollar store for sure! I love the end of August, heading into the autumn season. Even though it is still hot as anything, the days are definitely getting shorter.

5. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I saw some at Walmart yesterday, as well as fall and thanksgiving!

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Went to costco's on Thursday and they had the children Halloween costumes out and a Christmas tree in the next aisle!

7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Cracker Barrel has fall decor and some Christmas.

8. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Hobby Lobby has Halloween out! :)

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

we have Halloween fall and Christmas out. we have 4 trees music boxes playing Christmas music. have some cute Halloween items this year.

10. CheeryChick

CheeryChick Member

Now that "back to school" is officially over, Target and our local supermarket, Meijer, have gone into full Hallowe'en mode. This means more pumpkin spice goodies for me! I've been loving the Oikos Pumpkin Pie Greek yogurt lately. That stuff is amazing!

11. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

I was at Walmart this morning, and they had a Christmas aisle already!

12. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

Yeah FrostyShimmer! Hope ours is doing the same. Will have to check it out this weekend.

13. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

School just started last week for us so Walmart still has a bunch of school supplies where the Halloween stuff is going. I did notice the other day that they had 1 aisle of costumes and 1 aisle of Halloween candy out so far. Walked out in the Lawn and Garden area and they had had hay bales and scare crows out but the shelves with filled with boxes and boxes of Halloween and Christmas Goodies!!! Local grocery store has been full blown Halloween/Fall mode for 3 weeks now.

14. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I keep seeing all the bags of Halloween candy but if I buy it now it won't make it to Halloween unopened! lol

Considering just getting one of the huge bags they have at Sam's closer to Halloween!

15. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

Yesterday I picked up a bag of m&m's, candy corn and a jar of honey roasted peanuts. Mixed together it's a delicious treat. My favorite sugar/salt crave during the fall.