thinking about fall...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Summer hasn't arrived yet and even spring is not really springlike (rainy, cold, etc)

But nevertheless I think about fall already... which decoration I would like to have this year (think about small straw bales), about pumpkin pies and pumpkins in general (I plan to seed some in our garden this year as soon as it will be warmer)

It is really crazy... :)

Chilli

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Chilli -- I think it is wonderful that you can think about fall! Fall is SUCH a delightful time!!!!!!! :thanksgiving:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I understand it! Fall = Halloween for me and I'm already working on that!

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Chilli, plant your pumpkins in spots where corn did not come up in the row. cuts down on weeding and the pumpkins don't get sunburnt. By the time the pumpkins are ready, corn has been long gone for a while and it saves lots of space.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Chilli, I do not think that you are crazy for thinking so far ahead. I am always planning a few months ahead and sometimes it annoys me that I can't just concentrate on now. I said this to a friend one day, "why can't I just worry about today"? and she said you worried about today 6 months ago. It was so true.
I am already planning what needs to be done here to survive the summer and it is not officially winter yet.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Made a fall decoration bargain today. I found a wonderful fall garland with brushwood, colored leaves and fruits in a garden store - 5 EUR instead of 22 EUR because it was an exhibit in the store last fall.

I am so happy about this. Getting such a bargain is always a very good feeling :)

Chilli

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Chilli - YES! Getting a bargain is a GREAT feeling!

I am going to be thinking about fall..... ALL through summer! Thinking about fall.... and Halloween..... and Christmas!

I must have enjoyed summer as a child.... but it doesn't seem like fun now! Maybe it will be more fun this summer!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I can completely understand this! I love the Autumn as I'm not really a fan of the Summer. I love mild weather but I hate the days when it's so hot it's hard to do anything. I especially hate the hot nights. But Autumn is just so cool and comfortable! I also love Halloween and all the fun it brings.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i love autumn too. i cant wait for pumpkins and fall flowers. i love halloween and then its that much closer to christmas

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
autumn is my favorite season.....love it

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I love fall too.

But I'm really trying to live in the moment that is.....

So, I will embrace all that Summer has to offer- BBQs, trips to the lake, Watermelon, a cold movie theater on a hot summer afternoon, ice cream cones.

Annie

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am another lover of the Fall - it is my favorite season!

I love the sights and smells and I love the anticipation that hangs in the air - the holidays are coming! Christmas is coming!

I am so excited for DSon's first Halloween this year! I can't wait to see how cute he is going to look in his costume! Don't know what that costume will be yet! But he is going to look CUTE!

:ghost:

I try to enjoy summer too - but I just do not do well in the humid heat we have here - UCK. I hate feeling sticky! :)

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I love fall too.

But I'm really trying to live in the moment that is.....

So, I will embrace all that Summer has to offer- BBQs, trips to the lake, Watermelon, a cold movie theater on a hot summer afternoon, ice cream cones.

Annie

Same here - I like summer, no question. But fall and holiday season have their own, very special feeling and atmosphere. Can't explain that...
And I don't like hot summer days as I am not able to do anything then. In the city it also doesn't cool down during night. This is really hard.

Chilli

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
But fall and holiday season have their own, very special feeling and atmosphere. Can't explain that...Chilli

Chilli - I don't think you have to explain it to many of us here. Most of us get it on some level. And, when I read what you wrote about the special feeling and atmosphere I was transported to that very special atmosphere. I love it there. Planning for fall and the holidays make me so happy and while I'm not a big fan of summer heat, it does bring me one season closer to what I love so much!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
You know, as much as I dislike summer as well, I'm also trying to "LIVE IN THE MOMENT". After reading the Food, God and Love book, i realize i don't always experience the now and give to much time to the future. That doesn't alwasy get me what I want!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I always have a great time during the summer months with bbqs, vacation and such, but I absolutely love, love, love fall. The smells, the colors, the coziness. It's my favorite season. During the summer months when I'm sitting in the ac, I often think of fall. So I can relate, Chilli, to how you feel.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I like fall, too, and since we moved our dining room to the sun porch last week, I can hardly wait to see the change of season. The sun porch has glass on 3 sides, so I'm starting to think of what I can plant in the back yard that will be interesting in fall and winter. We moved because we're turning our dining room into a music room. We only used it as a dining room about 4 times a year! Now I'm thinking about fall and a soup buffet.

Mumof2

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2008
Galliano,La.
Hi Everyone.
I also love the fall,My Birthday is in Novemer and my Wedding Anni is a few days after that.I love when the leaves change,Halloween,Cool breezes and warm sweaters.mmm can't wait.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Mumof2 - You get fall sooner than those of us further south so we'll be begging for some fall details as soon as the first leaf changes!!!!